Start by marking “His Undeniable Secret” as Want to Read:

(Forbidden Confessions #1)

A short-story erotic romance from Shayla Black:

I’m Kayla.
I’m twenty one.
I’m afraid because ever since a sudden, terrible tragedy, I’m alone in the world—except for my brother’s best friend. But now Oliver intends to move back to London.
I’m in love with him. And I have to persuade him to stay…somehow.
Maybe if I tell him I’m a virgin and show him just how far I’m willi
Published January 23rd 2017 by Shelley Bradley, LLC

To ask other readers questions about His Undeniable Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Undeniable Secret

Start your review of His Undeniable Secret
Olga therebelreader
I liked the h and the H individually, but never really warmed up to them as a couple. Oliver is a very hot man. The words that would come out of his mouth left me breathless. Unfortunately, the storyline just felt weak. So weak. Anyway, the book was an enjoyable quick and smutty read. I do recommend but only for those who don't mind less romance and more rough, wild sex!

photo teliki8_zpslqvaousv.jpg
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
1.5 I've loved you since I met you but I still sexed up other women...oh and I'm and asshole stars.

What a disappointment. Shayla is my go to guilty pleasure author and very rarely has she ever let me down but this book was a BIG, HUGE, MONUMENTAL let down.

The Hero was a complete asshole...a wonderful dirty talker but still an asshole. He was extremely rough with the heroine (borderline sadist) their first time and provided NO after care. I can't for the life of me figure out what the heroine saw
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

This fun novella is hot and steamy. Make sure you have a fan near you. The majority of this dirty book is about Kayla and Oliver getting it on... and on... and on. My only wish is that it was longer so that we could better understand the characters. I recommend this to anyone that just wants a quick smutty read.

description description description

description
Jessica Alcazar
So this was a very quick read. One night to be exact. Okay, there's a paragraph or two at the end that's Seven weeks later ... but really we're talking one night. That being said, you get exactly what is promised in the blurb: short and erotic, but not romantic really. I mean to call this a romance story is pretty ridic. Because, well, there's no story LOL

I needed a Shayla Black fix and this did the trick :) She delivered a super hot quickie and I'm good with that!

Copy provided by the author for
Erin
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Part of this is my fault. I didn't realize it was so short. If I did, I never would have read this because I would have known that so few pages would leave me unsatisfied. That's exactly what happened. It was ok, smutty, and had an epilogue but with so few pages I was disappointed. ...more
Tracy Reads
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
i didnt really like this book

i didnt really like this book which is rare for me with shorts and especially with a Shayla Black book but Oliver seemed a bit too pig headed for my liking and Kayla seemed way to ditzy , i know this is a short but it was so quick one minute hes leaving and the next hes an over top top caveman .. i love my cavemen but just with a side of nice.

would Oliver be my book boyfriend ? no sorry this one is not for me :( shame
April Symes
This is a novella from the box set “Alphas of Sin”.
Kayla has been in love with Oliver Ryan for quite some time but has been afraid to tell him of her feelings. Oliver helped Kayla when her brother, and his best friend, died in a car wreck but he cannot stay around Kayla because he has feelings for her that are not at all brotherly in feeling. Oliver has some dark things about him, especially how he likes his sex. (He likes his sex a little on the dark side) Something happens that causes Oliver
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

This novella was freaking WICKEDLY HOT AND STEAMY! It was fast-paced and dirty and just SO FREAKING GOOD! I LOVE Shayla Black! Her writing is always sensual and her characters are just pure perfection. And Kayla and Oliver were absolutely SIZZLING together. His Undeniable Secret is one novella that will require a fan, ice water, and a change of panties.

Once I got started on this, I did NOT put it down till I was done, and then I just wanted to flip back to the b
Sandy S
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 23, 2017

I’m Kayla.

I’m twenty one.

I’m in love with him. And I have to persuade him to stay…somehow.

Maybe if I tell him I’m a virgin and show him just how far I’m willing to go to keep him, he’ll give in.

Of course, I never expected that he'd be keeping a shocking secret of his own…

•••
Bambi Unbridled
description

Man... how to review such a short story. Let's try this... smut smut smut smut smuuuutttty smut smut. My smutty friends will jump right on this little story. It's hard to call it a story because, let's face it, there just wasn't a lot of meat to grab on to. Well, there was. But it wasn't the meat of the story. This was a super quick read, only about 15 minutes, that is perfect if you are looking for some inspiration before hitting the sheets.

The scene takes place over the course of one night...
Rhonda
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kayla has been in love with Oliver Ryan for awhile now but now he is leaving to go back to London. Oliver helped Kayla when her brother, and his best friend, died in a car wreck but he thinks he needs to leave so save Kayla from himself. He likes his sex a little on the dark side and doesn't think he would be good for her. When he notices a picture of her on her phone taken by a guy she knows, he goes crazy.
This is a very short but very hot and emotion packed story of how communication is so im
Tracy
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
His Undeniable Secret was a short smutfest of a read, just like the blurb suggested!

Taking place over an evening, with a very quick epilogue, this tale could have been expanded to give us a full back story, character depth, connection and interest and it would have been a really good read.
As it was, I thought it was a decent quick, down and dirty read that filled a half hour of my evening!!!

If you looking for something that's gonna be a quick, hot read, grab yourself a copy of this short story
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Wow! Want a quick, steamy read? This is for you! I recommend not reading this in public. Seriously, I actually moaned from the intensity and got a few stares.

Oliver and Kayla heat up the pages in this wickedly, sexy story. After Kayla's Mom left her, Kayla stayed with her brother and his best friend, Oliver. When Kayla's brother tragically passes away she leans on Oliver. It becomes too much for Oliver, he wants her but doesn't want to ruin her so he decides to go back to England. Kayla has oth
Ellie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shayla-black
Final Score - 4.5 Scorching, Too Short Stars!!!

review to come ...
Jade at
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a hard review for me. For readers who just want a quick read with no meat to the story, this read is for you. This will only take 20 minutes at the most to read.

I enjoy reading stories by Shayla Black and was excited for the opportunity to review. This story just wasn't for me. I needed more of a back story to Oliver and Kayla. I knew Kayla had had a crush on her brother's best friend, Oliver, for many years. Oliver is on the verge of walking out door, leaving Kayla behind heartbroken. O
Chasing Away Reality
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Shayla Black! She knows how to write erotic romance. This was a hot, sexy, and insanely panty-melting short! It's hard to incorporate a full in-depth account of a relationship within this short of a story, but it is not needed since it's clear that Oliver and Kayla have a history. This is just the one night that they finally give in to their attraction. I always love best friend's little sister romances, and Oliver and Kayla are clearly perfect for each other. Get your partner ready, beca ...more
Theresa
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderfully delicious dirty little quickie!

When Oliver plans to move back to London, his late best friend's little sister, Kayla is shocked. Ever since her brother's death, Oliver and Kayla have supported each other in their grief. Kayla's had a crush on Oliver forever, and she's afraid if Oliver leaves, she may never see him again. She has to figure out a way to keep him from leaving, but she's not sure what.

What Kayla doesn't know is that Oliver's been keeping a secret crush quiet for y
Lisa Gerkey
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This little novella is so short and right to the point. The thing that might save it a little bit, because there is no time to really build things up, is the fact that we are made aware right off the bat that Oliver and Kayla already have some history because Oliver is her brothers best friend. This is a steamy little read. That is basically this book’s purpose so if that isn’t what you are looking for, you might want to pass. If a little steam is what you need, then don’t hesitate to read it. I ...more
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short story was so well told. I'm not usually a short story person since they never give me enough details and I always want more. This short story though was amazing! It had everything from a great story to hot and steamy scenes. Kayla and Oliver have been in love with each other forever, but it never came out until Olive decides to return home after Kayla's brother dies. Kayla can't be without Oliver. They finally get their wish fulfilled and find that they both feel the same way. I loved ...more
Kim Green
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ms. Black has done it again! This is a steamy one right from the start so be prepared.

Kayla has had feelings for Oliver for a while but never thought anything would happen since he was best friends with her brother. But suddenly Oliver is heading back to England and Kayla is feeling a bit lost.

Does she ask Oliver not to go and risk rejection or let him go and risk losing him forever?

What results is steamy and absolutely fabulous! If you like steamy scenes that result in happily ever afters this
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
A fantastic best-friend's little sister romance. Full of sexual tension and denial until they can deny it no more.

Kayla and Oliver are a mixture of sweet, sexy, dark and dirty. If you're in need of a Shayla fix, His Undeniable Secret will take the edge off. It's the true definition of quickie, but so damn satisfying. ~ Missy, 5 stars
Stephanie Lambert
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

A friend referred this books to me and I confess must disappointed.
Quick read, smutty, dialogue not at all believable, and zero character development. This is a short story, not a book.
Vanessa
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short but very sweet!

Shayla black is such a great author. Her books are always masterfully written and this book is just as good even if it was a shorter book an I'm used to. Read it you'll love it.
Lisa Diamond
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short read
Ruth Hambley
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This was a wonderful super hot romance with an excellent storyline. A short sexy alpha male story. I can't wait to read the next one in this series.
Pamela Shaw
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seducing the innocent

I really enjoy reading this book. I will tell my friends about this author. I was happy that everything worked out for them
Melissa Alonso
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh sexy oliver

This was to short . I needed more of Kayla znd Oliver. Oh hot sexy best friend of my brother . Will he stay or go?
She Hearts Books
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I pretty much devour anything and everything that Shayla writes and I couldn't wait to read Kayla and Oliver's story. I loved that this was a friends to lovers story with a whole lot of sizzle. And I mean steamy. Shayla is just so good at giving scorch. Oliver once given an open door morphs into this delicious bossy man who is completely obsessed with Kayla. I wanted more of them and so enjoyed their story.

I give His Undeniable Secret 5 hearts!
Jessica N.
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Felt disconnected

I normally enjoy reading Ms. Black's books but this one didn't have much chemistry and the story felt rushed. As a reader, I wasn't giving the chance to enjoy their romance.
Ilze
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okey.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Her Christmas Wish (A Forever Safe Christmas #2)
  • Happily Ever After in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado #11)
  • Long Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten #4)
  • Bayou Baby (Butterfly Bayou #2)
  • One Exquisite Touch (The Extravagant #2)
  • Charmed (Masters and Mercenaries, #20.5)
  • Double Dare (The Dare Menage, #1)
  • Trailer Park Virgin
  • Bayou Dreaming (Butterfly Bayou, #3)
  • Bought for Marriage (Bought by the Billionaire #1)
  • She's the One (Castile Family #4)
  • Mated to the Reaper (Virgin Blood #5)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Not Yet
  • No Love Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #5)
  • Coach (Breeding, #1)
  • Christmas Love: Finding Our Happily Ever After
  • Lumberjack (A Real Man, #1)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of nearly eighty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, much

Forbidden Confessions (5 books)
  • Seducing the Bride (Forbidden Confessions, #2)
  • Seducing the Stranger (Forbidden Confessions, #3)
  • Seducing the Enemy (Forbidden Confessions, #4)
  • Seduced by the Bodyguard (Forbidden Confessions #5)