Start by marking “Home Tears” as Want to Read:
Home Tears

Home Tears

Dani’s survived a lot of sh*t storms.

Her mother died. Her two sisters loathed her. One aunt hated her. The other was strangely distant, but the worst storm—being dumped by her childhood best friend/high school boyfriend/first love for her younger sister.

There went the one person who was hers and with that, the main reason she stuck around. So, she left for ten years. But
Published December 1st 2016

Start your review of Home Tears
Sabrina
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Home Tears was a good story and I did enjoy these characters. I would have liked to see a bit more of these characters on an emotional level since I didn't honestly see a connection between them, though. I felt like we were being told a story in a completely emotionless way so it was hard for me to get into it at parts.

As for the characters, I didn't hate them but I also didn't feel like I knew them. Especially Dani who wasn't a very well developed character, at least for me. I think if
Bark
This book was a messy stew of family secrets, sibling in-fighting, jilted lovers, epic storms and terrible tragedies and was filled to the very brim with flawed characters. I’m afraid there was just too much going on for my pea brain to handle because this book tired me out and not in that cathartic “cry your heart out” kind of way. Were it not an excellently narrated audio, I likely wouldn’t have finished it.

Dani left her hometown and all of its bad memories a decade ago, after her best friend
Snow
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it

There was smth so "off" with the characters that i still can't shake it off

The story itself was in tipical Tijan' s style, so there's no need for any further dwell upon it nor i wanna get into the storyline per se...it s all one giant soap opera!

I just didn't like the characters, damn any of them, well apart from Jonah, but he alone couldn't save the story from being "too much" of a cheap soapy thrill nor he could give the rest of the crew some backbone to live up the set standards of the
Octavia
Dec 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trash
*♡Carol♡*
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
This wasn't my fave Tijan book I really do Enjoy her books and her style of writing but Seriously the whole Jake drama was a HUGE W.T.F

How was EVERYONE okay with this Guy Not Only dating one sister not 2 sister but ALL 3 SISTERS!!!
W.T.F was wrong with this guy Seriously!! in long term relationships with all 3 (meaning he had SEX with all 3 sisters!!!) (view spoiler)

Am
Ashley Thomas
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Brittany

4 Stars!!

It is no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Tijan!! I love her writing and ALLLLL the Drama she dishes! I have always been hesitant to read Home Tears because it was one of her lower rated books. But I have made it a point recently to not give a damn about other peoples ratings and just to take a leap and go for it. IM SO GLAD I DID.

This Book was literally like a Soap Opera. We have Dani- who is from a very small town. She always felt like the black sheep in her family which included her
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

4.5 Stars!
Definitely a must read!

The Review:
This isn’t just a romance...

I go into a Tijan read knowing I’m going to hit the mother load for angsts and come out in the end swooning. I love her books. They are always filled with crazy-out-there drama and a romance that I can read time and again. With Home Tears, I knew things were going to be a little different than her other books, but I had no idea just how different.

And I loved it! Every.
Samantha Schwerin
Dec 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF.

The characters in this book....

I'll start with Dani aka Ms. no back bone. The amount of times she just walked around like a zombie and let her ex, and her family walk all over her was just infuriating. I get that she went through a traumatic experience, but the book was not about her coming home to heal from that. No, it was her running away from a perfectly good relationship (seriously-WHY did she run from that guy? It was not explained other than she runs away from people) and then she
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
A few words about my rating...

First I love Tijan's books but unfortunately this one was not for me.

I expected Tijan but I did not get Tijan or the Tijan I'm used to. Maybe that was the problem...

All the right ingredients are present: family secrets, natural disaster, queen b@tch , hot guy... but I never fell into the story. It was like a thin layer of glass between me and the story. I observed but only with mild interest. I could not connect with the characters either.

I really was unsettled as
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog

"Home Tears" is one of those books that should have been good. In fact it could have been great but despite finishes it and hoping things would change, unfortunately, the execution of this story fell short for me and I'm absolutely gutted. Right from the start, I was left dazed and confused as I was assaulted by the introduction of a truck load of characters. It didn't take long to forget who was who and how they were all linked and I had to keep going back and checking and double
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Dec 05, 2016 marked it as never-gonna-read
Shelves: nope, not-my-thing
Not a review but more of a question to myself...What happened to Tijan's awesome writing? Where did it go? Why is everything so melodramatic? Why so many cheaters? Why soo depressing? Why so much inner rambling? Why does NOTHING make sense??

I use to love Tijan and up until Anti Step-Brother I had read everything she wrote. Now though..I just can't. All characters are the same and now...now they're all cheaters!

From the blurb you see that the h left for many reasons and a big one was that her
Sonal
Dec 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book started out good but went downhill pretty soon after. Dani O'Hara is back in her little home town after running away 10 yrs ago. She is estranged from her sisters and her aunt. All of the O'Hara females have serious issues. They either have mental issues or they all have cheated with married men.

This story was totally screwed up. On one hand we had Jeff, Dani's ex-boyfriend who was dating one sister but choose other sister and then got engaged to the oldest sister and nobody thought
Mojo_Mama
Dec 07, 2016 marked it as pass-not-my-thing
This is a rewrite of a book from 3+ years ago -- Home Torn. The author and blurb don't mention this. I hate that. It feels cheaty and I think my 1-click with Tijan is over :(
Corina
Jun 28, 2017 marked it as hopefully-finish-later
Shelves: dnf
Started it a couple of days before....but I'm struggling. Something feels off. I don't know...

12% ....and i'm out. I don't feel it. Maybe later...maybe never.
Laramaries
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Emily
Dani O'Hara walked away ten years ago from her family when her boyfriend dumped her for her little sister. After an earth shattering moment in Dani's life she has come back home to heal. Dani knows she will not be welcomed back with wide arms from her sister or her aunt, but there is another aunt who always had her back. Struggling through trying to come to terms with her past, Dani doesn't need the unwanted attention of former bad boy Jonah Bannon.

Jonah knew all about the O'Hara family, three
Andrea
Dec 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sadly this book was not for me!

I have loved all the books I have read of Tijan's but this book was far from the others!

Unlikeable characters! Still grossed out with Dani's ex dating all 3 sisters! Yuck!
chicalocaromancesavant
Let me start off with saying I love Tijan's work normally. I however didn't really connect with this story. I felt like Tijan's main female characters are usually strong and independent but Dani was devoid of emotions in general. Her interaction and turmoil over her past experienced was non- existent. I liked the dynamic of the many love interests but nothing was ever explored. I felt like this story could've been better than it was.
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Home Tears is the newest gem from Tijan. This is a heart wrenching story about coming home and not knowing what's waiting for you. About being afraid but conquering your worst fears. And about letting go and moving on. Sometimes you have to go back to where you started to finally figure it all out. Tijan knows just how to pull at my heart strings. She continues to do it book after book and I love it. I need it! Dani left home ten years ago after being dumped for her younger sister. The worst ...more
Margie
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
A little too much going on at once in this one. Well written but a little hard to keep up with.
Lindy
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-romance
My Thoughts:

Home Tears is the story of Dani O'Hara. Dani left her small hometown after her best friend and first love, Jake, left her for her younger sister. Since than Dani has been broken, and a tragedy in her life has left her feeling hopeless, and unable to let the walls that she has erected around her heart down.

Dani decides to return to the home she left ten years ago. She is looking for hope, and healing. Since she left, her younger sister Erica died, and Jake is now with Dani's oldest
Briana
There was hope, love, hurt, pain, betrayal, drama, and a whole lot of secrets.

This book has so many things incorporated into it that there was not a distinct flow of the book.
This is one of my favorite authors, but This book wasn’t her best. From a reader point of you I thought that the point of view that the writing was in was not clear at all. There were times when it went to first person, then it went into third person, but it wasn’t a singular point of view, nor was it clear enough. I
Pamela Lilley
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read and loved Home Torn on Wattpad, and was expecting Home Tears to be practically the same. How wrong I was? It was even better. Home Tears had all the best bits of Home Torn with some even better bits added in the mix. We follow Dani as she returns to her hometown after 10 years. Having to deal with ex boyfriends, an aunt and a sister that hate her, along with a whole bunch of family issues, most of which are surrounded by secrets and lies. Add on to this the fact that she is running again ...more
Gogol
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
in ways that I can’t explain, this is the only book by Tijan that I kind of liked and which made some sort of sense to me, perhaps because I have seen such incredible set of dynamics first hand.
Snooty1
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
***Read only if you are prepared to read all of it in one sitting****
I couldn't stop once I started...DAMN this book is good!

This is my first book by Tijan, but everyone was raving about it and I thought...hey...It's a Wednesday, I just finished another book...I'll try something light...WRONG!!!
Basically picture a fist coming out of my kindle and holding me in place until I finished the epilogue. YEP That is the figurative equivalent of what happened to me...

This book is about a girl who ran
Richelle Robinson
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Tori
Home Tears offers fans a look at a different side of Tijan's writing in a contemporary that alludes to love, loss, secrets, forgiveness, and redemption when a young woman returns home after 10 years to heal from a tragedy only to learn she isn't the only one in need of healing.
Yona
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked the storyline, but i couldn't connect with the characters, because of the writing style. Despite that it was one very good book.
Cathy *Booklover4everandever*
Well written book

I liked this book and it was so well written. I found the first part of the book dragged for me but about 1/4 the way thru it it picked up. The story really touched my heart and it has made me look at my life in a different kind of way. I hope everyone enjoys this book as much as I did.
Bargain Basement: $50 Amazon Gift Cards 1 9 Nov 28, 2016 03:20PM

• Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Crowd of Lies (Kingsley Academy #2)
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Unmissable (Haven Falls #7.5)
  • Broken Hill Hearts (Broken Hill High #4)
  • Defiance Falls (Defiance Falls, #1)
  • Unbelievable (Haven Falls #2)
  • Broken Hill High (Broken Hill High #1)
  • Broken Hill Hurt (Broken Hill High #3)
  • Broken Hill Halo (Broken Hill High #2)
  • Wrong Crowd (Kingsley Academy #1)
  • Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Broken Hill Havoc (Broken Hill High #5)
  • Adversary (The Aces #2)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
“If you were my girl and I proposed to you, nothing would keep me from you. I’d follow you, and I would take you back. Nothing.” 5 likes