Start by marking “Reed (Malloys of Montana #3)” as Want to Read:
Reed (Malloys of Montana #3)

Reed (Malloys of Montana #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  125 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
A new beginning...

A fresh start. That's exactly what Ally Shaw needs and what she's found in Glacier Ridge, Montana. Creating a simpler life with her young son and reconnecting with her only remaining family-it's all part of Ally's plan to chase away the pain of her past. But when a dangerously irresistible cowboy rescues her little boy, Ally can't deny she's excited about
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 400 pages
Published April 25th 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Reed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reed

Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the 3rd book in the series but I had no trouble picking it right up. Great set of characters and the Malloy family is awesome!

This is Reed and Ally's story. Both of them seem to compliment each other. Great single parent romance. Love it when love sneaks up when you least expect it. This book had all the love of every kind bouncing around. Friends, brothers, lovers, grand parents...everything! A little bit of tension made the story move along and not become stagnant.

Great read
Hannah
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Reed is book three of the Malloys of Montana series by R.C. Ryan. Reed is the youngest of the three brothers and even though he has the playboy image he takes one thing very seriously, his cattle. He is trying to raise a herd of free range organic cattle that has been a money pit, until now. This latest herd is doing surprisingly well and if he can get them to market he has a buyer who will pay very well for them. Ally Shaw and her son Kyle needed a do over. Kyle's father was a milita
Maureen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, cowboy
I love a good Romantic Cowboy story every once in a while. So when I saw ‘Reed’ at Netgalley last year, I requested to read this one immediately. But life got in the way, and somehow I lost track of this book. But since I’m cleaning out my Netgalley list, it was time to read this book. Although ‘Reed’ is the third book in the Malloys of Montana series, it can be read as a standalone.

In ‘Reed’ we meet Ally Shaw and Reed Malloy. Ally is a young mom of a boy of four, and she just moved her whole li
books are love
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I think Reed is my favorite of all the brothers. he is so rugged on the outside but a teddy bear on the inside. the one with the most to prove and overcome yet the one with vision as well. He is a true cowboy in the sense that the land is his love as is his family and it isn’t until a little boy he calls little buddy and his mom comes into his world that he finds love and peace somewhere besides the land he works on.

Reed and Ally’s story is mired with dan
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
I read a lot. Ridiculous numbers of books in a week, a month, a year. So when one sticks in my brain and my heart, it’s usually a more than 5 star book to me. Reed is exactly that—a 5 plus star book. I’ve loved EVERY moment I’ve spent with the Malloy family and I’ve been dying to read Reed’s story, he’s the youngest Malloy and by far the most mysterious of the brood.

Reed is the Malloy who’s put his heart and soul into the land—he’s working his own herd, one that could put them on the map for org
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of family love and cowboy hotness

This is the third in the series, and I love the Malloy family more and more.

Reed is the youngest of the three brothers who were orphaned at a young age and brought up by their grandparents. He has spent his whole life concentrating on work to ease the pain, and finally his organic cattle project is paying off. Both his brothers are now married, but he shows no interest in a settled
Mary
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A handsome cowboy, a single mom with a cute son and a villain on the loose sets the stage for an epic romance in the old west. Well, modern day Montana at any rate.

Reed is the youngest of the Malloy sons that his grandparents stepped in to raise after their parents were killed in a car accident. Learning to live the without his parents, Reed often retreated to the hills, always striving to find something that was irrevocabl
Kasey
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*
Reed is a pretty standard romance, but I do have to admit that I enjoyed it immensely. It was a great take on a single parent romance, and I did like the huge family that Ally ends up getting brought into. I thought they were such a great cast of characters, and if I had started this series with the first book I might be compelled to continue reading. As it is, I really enjoyed this book it had all the twists and turns I love
Amy
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Meh. Parts of this books felt really dated. The story was told more than shown and the author head-hopped from character to character in the same scene. It got confusing.
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
Another enjoyable story for the Malloy family, this time, Reed getting his happily ever after. I enjoyed the change in Reed as he found a woman and boy that could keep him interested in something other than the ranch. I was frustrated at times by Abby’s naïveté with family and life, but otherwise, I really enjoyed this story!

Note: I received a review copy of this title courtesy of the audiobook publisher, Hachette.
Pelusa Rivera
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. Sweet love story for Ally and Reed, Ally is a single parent, and when she least expects it, she falls in love. Reed has grown up with his grandparents along with his brothers, after his parent died. You read about the the relationship with his brothers, grandparents and friends, he is a sweet guy..
Angela
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I started out liking the story and the characters, but the more I read I decided I didn't really care for Reed. It seemed like every time they were together he was almost pressuring her into having sex with him. I think it came up in every single conversation they had. I liked the little boy; he was adorable.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Laura D
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series but can be read as a standalone. This was my first read by this author and I loved it. It has all the romance between a big city girl wanted a clean slate and a rough and tough cowboy with a little mystery as well. You can't but love Reed, a cowboy who is smitten with Ally's little boy. Great story!
Natalie Woodruff
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this because my boyfriend bought it for me. His last name is "Reed". So we broke up, and THEN I read this book and I am not going to lie... this book made me miss that dude so much. The similarities between my ex and the character are actually quite remarkable haha. This book did not heal my broken heart, but I loved it!
Jodi
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love this author. I must admit the others in the series were a little slow for me, but then when I got to Reed's story I couldn't put it down. I love the hero, and he's protective yet sexy too.
Terri Hebert
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just love this sweet story with a little mystery thrown in. I have read the whole series and I loved every book !!!! Now keeping my fingers crossed there is another one !!!! I highly recommend the whole series !!!
Dklynde
Won this book from a goodreads giveaway and enjoyed it. Nice little romance!
Laura Kain
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Haven't read a Western romance in forever. Got a little emotional at the end there. And a dash of action; two thumbs up.
Leanna Hiner
I really enjoyed the first half of this book, but I didn't enjoy the last half. I got annoyed with how Reed was constantly pushing for sex.
Angela
Jun 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I thought the dialogue was pretty bad and the story was just meh.
Maggie
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay.
Kortney
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read from R.C. Ryan and also the first I have read in the Malloy series. Having never read any of R.C.'s books in the past I was not sure what her style of writing was going to be like and how it would work with me starting by reading book three.

In regards to writing style I found that R.C.'s was a mix of romance and suspense. She had the love story that I enjoy but also had the suspense that has you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next. I
J. Haney
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REED is the third and final book in the Malloys of Montana Series by RC Ryan. It's a sweet story. Ryan doesn't use harsh words to describe things. Enjoyed this book and now I have to read the others before it. I'm not usually one to read a third before the rest, but I didn't see that it was a series before picking it up. However great book and fantastic job.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I loved this one I loved the other books as well, but this one is my favorite. I loved the whole mystery and intrigue and the romance between Ally and Reed. This one definitely kept me on my toes the whole time I was reading, not at any point was it slow. I can't wait for more cowboy romance.
Apr 11, 2018
Esther
Jul 13, 2017
Meaghan
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Sweet and simple western romance. Reed was the kind of man every woman is looking for, and Ally and her son were an interesting match for him.
Camila
Jul 30, 2018
P
May 24, 2017
Mallorie Jewell
May 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New York Times bestselling author R.C. Ryan has written more than ninety fiction novels, both contemporary and historical. Quite an accomplishment for someone who, after her fifth child started school, gave herself the gift of an hour a day to follow her dream to become a writer.

The Lost, an anthology of stories by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and R.C. Ryan writing as Ruth Ryan Langa
More about R.C. Ryan

Malloys of Montana (3 books)
  • Matt (Malloys of Montana, #1)
  • Luke (Malloys of Montana, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)