Start by marking “Reed (Malloys of Montana #3)” as Want to Read:
Reed (Malloys of Montana #3)

Reed (Malloys of Montana #3)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
A new beginning...

A fresh start. That's exactly what Ally Shaw needs and what she's found in Glacier Ridge, Montana. Creating a simpler life with her young son and reconnecting with her only remaining family-it's all part of Ally's plan to chase away the pain of her past. But when a dangerously irresistible cowboy rescues her little boy, Ally can't deny she's excited about
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 400 pages
Published April 25th 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Reed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reed

Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the 3rd book in the series but I had no trouble picking it right up. Great set of characters and the Malloy family is awesome!

This is Reed and Ally's story. Both of them seem to compliment each other. Great single parent romance. Love it when love sneaks up when you least expect it. This book had all the love of every kind bouncing around. Friends, brothers, lovers, grand parents...everything! A little bit of tension made the story move along and not become stagnant.

Great read
Hannah
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Reed is book three of the Malloys of Montana series by R.C. Ryan. Reed is the youngest of the three brothers and even though he has the playboy image he takes one thing very seriously, his cattle. He is trying to raise a herd of free range organic cattle that has been a money pit, until now. This latest herd is doing surprisingly well and if he can get them to market he has a buyer who will pay very well for them. Ally Shaw and her son Kyle needed a do over. Kyle's father was a milita
Maureen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, cowboy
I love a good Romantic Cowboy story every once in a while. So when I saw ‘Reed’ at Netgalley last year, I requested to read this one immediately. But life got in the way, and somehow I lost track of this book. But since I’m cleaning out my Netgalley list, it was time to read this book. Although ‘Reed’ is the third book in the Malloys of Montana series, it can be read as a standalone.

In ‘Reed’ we meet Ally Shaw and Reed Malloy. Ally is a young mom of a boy of four, and she just moved her whole li
books are love
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I think Reed is my favorite of all the brothers. he is so rugged on the outside but a teddy bear on the inside. the one with the most to prove and overcome yet the one with vision as well. He is a true cowboy in the sense that the land is his love as is his family and it isn’t until a little boy he calls little buddy and his mom comes into his world that he finds love and peace somewhere besides the land he works on.

Reed and Ally’s story is mired with dan
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
I read a lot. Ridiculous numbers of books in a week, a month, a year. So when one sticks in my brain and my heart, it’s usually a more than 5 star book to me. Reed is exactly that—a 5 plus star book. I’ve loved EVERY moment I’ve spent with the Malloy family and I’ve been dying to read Reed’s story, he’s the youngest Malloy and by far the most mysterious of the brood.

Reed is the Malloy who’s put his heart and soul into the land—he’s working his own herd, one that could put them on the map for org
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of family love and cowboy hotness

This is the third in the series, and I love the Malloy family more and more.

Reed is the youngest of the three brothers who were orphaned at a young age and brought up by their grandparents. He has spent his whole life concentrating on work to ease the pain, and finally his organic cattle project is paying off. Both his brothers are now married, but he shows no interest in a settled
Mary
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A handsome cowboy, a single mom with a cute son and a villain on the loose sets the stage for an epic romance in the old west. Well, modern day Montana at any rate.

Reed is the youngest of the Malloy sons that his grandparents stepped in to raise after their parents were killed in a car accident. Learning to live the without his parents, Reed often retreated to the hills, always striving to find something that was irrevocabl
Kasey
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*
Reed is a pretty standard romance, but I do have to admit that I enjoyed it immensely. It was a great take on a single parent romance, and I did like the huge family that Ally ends up getting brought into. I thought they were such a great cast of characters, and if I had started this series with the first book I might be compelled to continue reading. As it is, I really enjoyed this book it had all the twists and turns I love
Amy
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Meh. Parts of this books felt really dated. The story was told more than shown and the author head-hopped from character to character in the same scene. It got confusing.
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
Another enjoyable story for the Malloy family, this time, Reed getting his happily ever after. I enjoyed the change in Reed as he found a woman and boy that could keep him interested in something other than the ranch. I was frustrated at times by Abby’s naïveté with family and life, but otherwise, I really enjoyed this story!

Note: I received a review copy of this title courtesy of the audiobook publisher, Hachette.
Pelusa Rivera
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. Sweet love story for Ally and Reed, Ally is a single parent, and when she least expects it, she falls in love. Reed has grown up with his grandparents along with his brothers, after his parent died. You read about the the relationship with his brothers, grandparents and friends, he is a sweet guy..
Angela
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I started out liking the story and the characters, but the more I read I decided I didn't really care for Reed. It seemed like every time they were together he was almost pressuring her into having sex with him. I think it came up in every single conversation they had. I liked the little boy; he was adorable.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Laura D
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series but can be read as a standalone. This was my first read by this author and I loved it. It has all the romance between a big city girl wanted a clean slate and a rough and tough cowboy with a little mystery as well. You can't but love Reed, a cowboy who is smitten with Ally's little boy. Great story!
Natalie Woodruff
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this because my boyfriend bought it for me. His last name is "Reed". So we broke up, and THEN I read this book and I am not going to lie... this book made me miss that dude so much. The similarities between my ex and the character are actually quite remarkable haha. This book did not heal my broken heart, but I loved it!
Jodi
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love this author. I must admit the others in the series were a little slow for me, but then when I got to Reed's story I couldn't put it down. I love the hero, and he's protective yet sexy too.
Terri Hebert
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just love this sweet story with a little mystery thrown in. I have read the whole series and I loved every book !!!! Now keeping my fingers crossed there is another one !!!! I highly recommend the whole series !!!
Dklynde
Won this book from a goodreads giveaway and enjoyed it. Nice little romance!
Laura Kain
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Haven't read a Western romance in forever. Got a little emotional at the end there. And a dash of action; two thumbs up.
Leanna Hiner
I really enjoyed the first half of this book, but I didn't enjoy the last half. I got annoyed with how Reed was constantly pushing for sex.
Angela
Jun 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I thought the dialogue was pretty bad and the story was just meh.
Maggie
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay.
Kortney
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read from R.C. Ryan and also the first I have read in the Malloy series. Having never read any of R.C.'s books in the past I was not sure what her style of writing was going to be like and how it would work with me starting by reading book three.

In regards to writing style I found that R.C.'s was a mix of romance and suspense. She had the love story that I enjoy but also had the suspense that has you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next. I
J. Haney
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REED is the third and final book in the Malloys of Montana Series by RC Ryan. It's a sweet story. Ryan doesn't use harsh words to describe things. Enjoyed this book and now I have to read the others before it. I'm not usually one to read a third before the rest, but I didn't see that it was a series before picking it up. However great book and fantastic job.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I loved this one I loved the other books as well, but this one is my favorite. I loved the whole mystery and intrigue and the romance between Ally and Reed. This one definitely kept me on my toes the whole time I was reading, not at any point was it slow. I can't wait for more cowboy romance.
Apr 11, 2018
Esther
Jul 13, 2017
Meaghan
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Sweet and simple western romance. Reed was the kind of man every woman is looking for, and Ally and her son were an interesting match for him.
P
May 24, 2017
Mallorie Jewell
May 12, 2017
Jan 09, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New York Times bestselling author R.C. Ryan has written more than ninety fiction novels, both contemporary and historical. Quite an accomplishment for someone who, after her fifth child started school, gave herself the gift of an hour a day to follow her dream to become a writer.

The Lost, an anthology of stories by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and R.C. Ryan writing as Ruth Ryan Langa
More about R.C. Ryan

Malloys of Montana (3 books)
  • Matt (Malloys of Montana, #1)
  • Luke (Malloys of Montana, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be