Start by marking “Mack (Black Mountain Pack Bk 1)” as Want to Read:
Mack (Black Mountain Pack Bk 1)

Mack

(Black Mountain Pack #1)

Mating instincts are hell…

Casey hasn’t had an easy life. On her eighteenth birthday, she learns why she's always felt so different. She’s a shifter. Hiding behind a diner for shelter now that she’s been kicked out of the last in a long line of foster homes, she’s shocked when a man approaches her offering help.

Mack is still searching for the cub his father took in even ye
Published December 13th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Mack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mack

Charlotte
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has an actual plot

Mack and Casey were made for each other. This is a well written paranormal romance with an interesting plot. It has great characters and a HEA.
Danny L Walling
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story

I finally got to read the story that was before Rook. Always wanted to know how Casey and Mack got started. Great story line that will keep reading until you finished. Alot of action, but with love and romance. A MUST read.
Susan Otto
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Romance story about cat shifters

Casey is an orphan, misfit, and opt out of the foster care system. She has been living on the streets for months now. Mack's her mate, the alphas son, and a leader in his own right.

These two characters are independent, sometimes funny, relatable, and sexy. The plot is unusual because her father it's an alpha of another pack and wants her back. There are some twist but it makes enjoyable reading. I highly recommend this book.

bookwormsuzy
Tracy Davis
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miranda Lynn weaves a tale that has many twists and turns. The hot alpha male/shifter, the young shifter girl that does not know she is a shifter, and the danger she faces will leave readers wanting to read straight through until the very end.
Amy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I do not give out any spoilers in any of my reviews.

This was my very first time reading a shifter book and I thought I didn't like shifter books, I was definitely WRONG!!!

I really enjoyed this book. It was amazing. I loved how the story moved with explanation but at the same time kept me wanting to know more. It was very surprising to me. Lol...on me!!

I enjoyed all the different characters in the book. I loved the main characters Mack and Casey. It is an exciting twist from the beginning of the
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Mack by Miranda Lynn
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Shifter? CHECK
New to me Author? CHECK
Needing to read more of this series? CHECK…DOUBLE CHECK EVEN
Ok so there is no need to try and deny it. I am a shifter girl. I love paranormal and vampires are awesome but shifters….uhm…yeah…HAWT!!
So our girl Casey ha
Tracy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! I love reading a book that let's me escape and keeps me wanting more! Her characters are compelling, you will fall in love. I can't wait to see where Miranda Lynn takes us with Mack!
Karen
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted the privilege of beta reading this book and let me tell you I so enjoyed it. This story line is so different from my other shifter books I've read that it caught my interest from the beginning. The author has a wonderful way of telling stories and I hope she keeps writing for a long time as her stories are one's I so enjoy. If you are a lover of shifter stories then you should love this book
Pam
What a way to start the new year off. Reading the 1st in a series. Lots of action and adventure. Love these sexy shifters. This story is about Mack and Casey, and how they find their way to Each other. Has a somewhat surprising ending. Get your copy today and find out! From a True Fan... Pam James.
Debra Lamey
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New shifter world.

I loved this story. An orphaned girl finds out she is a shifter, and has to absorb her new life quickly as war is coming. This story is fast paced with witches, wolves, tigers, and panthers, in this new shifter world. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Rhonda
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The drama of the story drew me in and I had to know how it turned out. I loved Casey and Mack and couldn't wait to figure out how he was going to make it work. He had a lot of work ahead of him. Casey is a strong, independent beauty. I loved her as the heroine. Great book! Can't wait to read more.
Lynn Reynolds
If you could sum up Mack in three words, what would they be?
Steamy, Action, Fantasy

What did you like best about this story?
The author does a great job of grabbing my attention so that I had no trouble focusing on just the story and let everything outside my little world just disappear.

What about Brian Callanan’s performance did you like?
He was the perfect voice for Mack. Mr. Callanan made the story very enjoyable. You don't care that he doesn't have the type of voice for a female character. He l
Megan | A Page to Turn
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, paranormal, romance
I received this audio book as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Miranda Lynn. The gifting of this audio book did not affect my opinion of it.

I really enjoyed getting to know the well-rounded characters in this novella. Having the audio version really made this book more enjoyable I believe, than just reading it on my Kindle. I've read shifter books before, and I hvae to say, this one is one of my favorites when it comes to that
Audio Audits
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Casey is a repressed shifter and a loner. Soon she won’t be able to deny her shifter side and Mack is determined to find her before that happens.

The relationship between Casey and Mack is interesting. There was plenty of sexual tension build up but the payoff was somewhat lackluster in my opinion. Still, it’s a solid paranormal romance and an enjoyable listen. Note: Some may feel that this story skates the line ethically because Casey is Mack’s adopted sister. Although they had been separated a
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Getting familiar with the Black Mountain Pack was fun. Taking part in the search for Casey. Feeling her fears while she knew someone was following her. Her learning who and what she was. This was engaging. The story was short and had much for Casey to learn. Her comprehension of the things around her and the new world she was now a part of. I would like to see what direction things go in now that the lost has been found and returned back home.

Narration of . . . MACK (Black Mountain Pack Series)
Claire
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, that's different, I've never read a book where different shifter breads lived in the same pack/pard, it made for an interesting story line.

The story is well written and it suited to people who love shifter stories and have read many and new comers to shifter stories. The explanation on how it all works is woven into the story.

I really liked the characters, I thought they were well developed and realistically presented.

The story line was new and interesting, had enough twists to keep it int
Kitty_ranma
A female alpha.
Audio and written versions.
A great beginning for a series.
I can't wait for more of this series, I want to say more about this story but I absolutely hate spoilers, so I won't do it to you by going into details.
The narrator brings the story to life.
Reasons I enjoyed this audio book:
Happily Ever After, Romantic, Wonderful characters, Page-turner, Great world building, Unpredictable, Original, Realistic, Easy-to-read/listen, Entertaining, Action-packed, Steamy.
Bookshelves/tags:
adul
Toula
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have it in Audio
This is a fast paced listen with lots of myster , twists and turns , and drama . This is a shifter listen with lots of different shifters in a pack .
Hero is Mack . Heroine is Casey

Casey finds out she’s not 100% human She’s a shifter. Casey needs a lot of adjustments to do . Casey is a orphan female. And there is no one out there to guide her .
She meets Mack. Mack knows that he and Casey belong together He’s trying to help her .

This pack has lots of different shifters living to
Kristin Dutt
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I haven't read a shifter book in some time but WOW what a shifter book this one is. It's for sure not your everyday shifter book. Mack and Casey are some very well developed characters for a novel on the shorter end. They both have a story to tell and one to make. We for sure have some great scenes in this and the twist are pretty dang awesome. Fair warning it does leave you wanting more with the way the book ends. No spoilers but this is a easy book to read in one sitting and en ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Maranda Raven
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jessie Malone, Jennifer Sapa
A new paranormal book by Miranda Lynn didn't leave me disappointed. Mack is in search of his long lost sister Cassandra. Cassandra or Casey for short is on the run and feeling things change in her body she has no idea why. Mack wants to convince her to meet his pack but Casey is not so convinced. She thinks he's a stalker or bad news. Casey has a hidden secret that only the pack alpha Jerome can reveal to her. Will she be ready to hear the news or run like she's always done? Can Mack convince he ...more
Amy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF 18%.
I’m not honestly sure why there are so many good reviews. It’s confusing, the writing seems very stilted, and I seem to be the only person who picked up on the line from Mack regarding Casey that read: “Cassandra and I share the same father, but we do not share the same mother. We are only half brother and sister.”
So either the author doesn’t understand that half siblings are not the same as adopted siblings, or the author is writing an incest relationship. Or am I just misunderstanding
Becky Baldridge
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is fast-paced read with a writing style that pulls a reader in. I was a bit leery at first with whole sister or mate thing, but as the story progresses and things come together, it makes more sense. The romance of shifter mates, some shifter politics, a bit of magic, and a war between packs keep the story flowing nicely, and the characters and relationships between pack members were interesting, creating a solid start for a series.
The only drawback for me was that I felt like some areas of
Maranda Raven, PA
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elissa
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Each author decides her own rules and parameters for the world she's creating but Ms. Lynn has kept to certain shifter conventions such as clothing comes off and shifting is physically painful. Where she differs from many is in the combined packs/prides concept which adds interest to an already engaging story of a foster child aging out of the system and trying to survive the mean streets.

Narrator Brian Callanan [AUDIO] did a terrific job with voices, especially the hero, Mack, and, with the aut
Julie Jackson
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Casey has always been alone until Jake. They both were in the system and once they got out, they stuck together. Jake only wants to keep her safe. When Mack brings her to the Pack, she is shocked to learn the truth about herself. She is confused and scared. The Black Mountain Pack is a wonderful Pack. She feels safe and finally at home. When the danger of her father comes into play, she does what she must to end his reign of terror forever. Excellent read with an awesome storylin
Lynn Z
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. The author and narrator did a great job in bringing this paranormal story to life. It was hard to put down once started. To find out the powers Casey possessed was exciting. I love seeing strong women in a world full of obstacles. Seeing the compassion in Mack was heartwarming. Such a big, sexy person/animal was a turn on. The narrator did a great job with the characters, both male and female. The side stories were great as well. Looking forwa ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was an amazing book, I loved all the characters. It was a very well written story and flowed at a nice pace. I really loved Mack, he was awesome. Casey was a great female character, she was sweet. I definitely had a hard time putting this one down, I can not wait for the next one.

Review done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews, please visit our fan site at http://www.facebook.com
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Mack (Black Mountain Pack, Book 1)

The love story of Mack and Casey. Fourteen year ago Casey 's mother was killed by her father and she was find by the Black Mountain Pack but they were attack by the South America Pack so Jerome out her if forster care to protect her.
Mack believing Casey was his sister and kidnap fourteen year ago found her. She does not known she is a shifter. Can he help her to except that she is a shifter and can be stop his mating call he has for her? Great story.
Speed
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and lovely read

This was a short read about Mack and Casey. Casey is unaware that she is a shifter. At first Mack thinks that she is his long lost sister but as the story unfolds we find out that she is not. She is his true mate. Her father is an evil man and wants her dead. She learns to shift quickly and finds out that Mack is her shifter mate. They mate, have hot sex, they fight and they live HEA. 3 stars.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Lady of the Realm (House of DeDe, #1)
  • Karma's Revenge (Bad Girls of Romance #5)
  • Possession (Black Light #11)
  • Wednesday (The Witches of Wimberley #3)
  • Don't Fight It (Hazard Falls #1)
  • Angel 6.0: Concubine (Angel 6.0, #1)
  • Find Me When The Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines, #3)
  • Blood Laws (Immortal Curse #1)
  • Others of Edenton: Box Set - New Beginnings, In Too Deep, Shadows Fall, Shadows of the Past
Mother to two boys, 3 four legged babies, and wife to a loving husband who doesn't mind the extra voices in her head. Miranda grew up on a dairy farm in Illinois, but calls Portland, TN home now. She is an avid reader, coffee addict, and loves her day job working at the local public library. Though her true passion is in creating her own worlds, characters, and stories for her readers.

Website: www

Black Mountain Pack (4 books)
  • Jerome (Black Mountain Pack Book 0)
  • Rook (Black Mountain Pack Book 2)
  • Sterling (Black Mountain Pack Book 3)