Start by marking “Angela's Christmas Adventure (An Angela Marchmont Short Story)” as Want to Read:
Angela's Christmas Adventure (An Angela Marchmont Short Story)

Angela's Christmas Adventure

(Angela Marchmont Mystery #10.5)

This is a short story of ten thousand words, or seven chapters—just right fo
Published November 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Angela's Christmas Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angela's Christmas Adventure

Start your review of Angela's Christmas Adventure (An Angela Marchmont Short Story)
Niki
Nov 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
i'm sorry to say that this one really sucked - luckily it was a very short story, very few chapters - it's the only one in the series that has disappointed me - however, luckily for me, i have still a few others to read ...more
Susan
As Christians draws near Angela Marchmont's elderly neighbour has misplaced the diamond ring she wishes to give to her niece as her engagement ring
Enjoyable short story
Leanne Pazik
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute!

Fun and silly. Don’t read it if you haven’t finished the series, you will have things happening that you didn’t know about.
Damaskcat
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt quite disappointed when I discovered that this author wasn't actually someone who wrote the Angela Marchmont series in the 1920s but actually a modern author. However that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the series and I was glad to see this short story. Angela is off to spend Christmas with a friend but first she has to see Barbara off to her friends but then her elderly neighbour loses a valuable ring and Angela feels she must help find it for her.

This is a cleverly constructed story and
Elisa
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It must be Christmas, not just because of the tinsel everywhere but because of this wonderful gift: a look into Angela Marchmont's life in New York. I missed her and her companions so much, and it was such a pleasure to see that they're still up to their antics. I loved the small mystery at the heart of this novella, as well as the incredibly sweet and unexpected ending. This is a really great series. ...more
Justin Kneissler
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Pleasant Little Diversion

Well, what can I say. I missed Angela Marchmont and here is a nice little short story perfect for reading in one sitting. It is nice to see Angela settled in New York.
Merry Christmas Angela
Susan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story should be read AFTER reading the entire series, as it contains a spoilers from the previous 2 or 3 books. Angela and Barbara are in New York at Christmas, where Angela has come to see about selling her business. The neighbor in the apartment across the hall loses a valuable ring which she had planned to have her nephew give his intended wife, and Angela and Barbara get involved in helping to search for it. The ring disappeared while the neighbor's lawyer and his son were visitin ...more
Jill
Nov 30, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clara-benson
A very short book to end the series, but I was eager to see how Angela and her daughter were faring in the US. Naturally, Angela get caught up in a crime, which brings in a neighbour of hers, but we also know both Marthe and William are there to help. Also Benson touches on a slight reference to the occult, which ends the book and keeps us wondering. Well done.
Margot M. Gregory
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sad the series is over

I really enjoyed this series. I am a great fan of Agatha Christie and found these stories comparable. I appreciate the moral character. The full language. The ability to use my own imagination. I would recommend this series to my friends and family. Teens and adults.
Sherry
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A simple solution

A simple solution to a simple crime of theft turns out to lead to rather complicated solutions, or methods of solution, that is. Imagine a 10 story apartment building retrofitted with a central vacuum system. Now imagine a priceless ring that simply disappears. And WHO is that gentleman in the hall?
Cathy
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, one more short story to wrap everything up in a bow. If I know the definition of "adventure", this was not it. This was a dull mystery on the way to a happy ending. ...more
Linda Brue
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, owned
From the publisher:
"Angela Marchmont is looking forward to spending a nice, cosy Christmas à deux in Saratoga Springs, but before she can set off she finds herself caught up in the search for her elderly neighbour's missing diamond ring. Can Angela find it and help a young couple celebrate their own happy Christmas?"

A nice, quick, gentle read for a winter's afternoon.
Cathy Anne
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angela Marchmount

It is sad that this is the end of Angela’s adventures, but oh. It was so good!!! I loved every story and couldn’t put them down!!!!
Marion
May 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short story
Pauline Ross
A short and sweet Christmas story for fans of the Angela Marchmont series of murder mysteries set in the 1920s. There’s snow and presents and some missing jewellery, stolen in a seemingly impossible crime, which Angela and the irrepressible Barbara set out to solve in their own inventive but persistent way. There are walk-on parts for Angela’s maid and chauffeur, and of course, the delicious Edgar Valencourt. If the mystery isn’t terribly plausible, it doesn’t matter in the slightest, because it ...more
Debbie
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to receive an email from Clara Benson's mailing list telling me there was a new Angela Marchmont story available! After thinking the series was finished and there would be no more books forthcoming, it was the best surprise!
It's a lovely little mystery involving Angela and Barbara in their new New York digs. A cute story, but to true blue Angela Marchmont fans such as myself, it's so much more! Highly recommend to all Angela fans, new and old!
Patricia
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Angela in America. Hope for more. Her daughter goes off to spend Christmas with school friends and Angela goes off to spend Christmas with Edgar. Before all that happens Angela has a mystery to solve with the help of a ghost.
Dorothy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun, quick read

I enjoyed the mystery series, so I was glad to see this short story is available. It's a fun Christmas tale.
Tiffany
Nov 29, 2020
JoAnn DeVenney
Dec 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Mystery of Montague Morgan (Heathcliff Lennox #7)
  • Murder at the Magnolia Inn (Bunburry #11)
  • Murder in the Snow (A Lady Eleanor Swift Mystery #4)
  • Murder at the Spring Ball: A 1920s Mystery
  • A Zestful Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #20)
  • Mystery at the Edge of Madness: A Severine DuNoir Historical Cozy Adventure (The Mysteries of Severine DuNoir Book 1)
  • Hijinks & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #18)
  • Mystery in the Darkest Shadow: A Severine DuNoir Historical Cozy Adventure (The Mysteries of Severine DuNoir Book 3)
  • A Cozy Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries Book 24)
  • Murder at the Wedding (Miss Underhay Mysteries #7)
  • Love & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #19)
  • Murder in the Shallows (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #6)
  • A Merry Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #4)
  • Gin & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #7)
  • Murder & The Heir (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #1)
  • Murder By Chocolate (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #12)
  • Lost and Found (Bunburry #13)
  • Obsidian Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #8)
Clara Benson is the author of the Angela Marchmont Mysteries and Freddy Pilkington-Soames Adventures - traditional English whodunits in authentic style set in the 1920s and 30s. One day she would like to drink cocktails and solve mysteries in a sequinned dress and evening gloves. In the meantime she lives in the north of England with her family and doesn't do any of those things.

If you want to be

Angela Marchmont Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Murder at Sissingham Hall
  • The Mystery at Underwood House
  • A Pinch of Strychnine
  • The Treasure at Poldarrow Point
  • The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile
  • The Incident at Fives Castle (Angela Marchmont Mystery #5)
  • The Imbroglio at the Villa Pozzi (Angela Marchmont Mystery #6)
  • The Problem at Two Tithes (An Angela Marchmont Mystery #7)
  • The Trouble at Wakeley Court (An Angela Marchmont Mystery #8)
  • The Scandal at 23 Mount Street (An Angela Marchmont Mystery #9)