Start by marking “Angela's Christmas Adventure: An Angela Marchmont Short Story” as Want to Read:
Angela's Christmas Adventure: An Angela Marchmont Short Story

Angela's Christmas Adventure: An Angela Marchmont Short Story

This is a short story of ten thousand words, or seven chapters—just right for
Published November 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Angela's Christmas Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angela's Christmas Adventure

Niki
Nov 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
i'm sorry to say that this one really sucked - luckily it was a very short story, very few chapters - it's the only one in the series that has disappointed me - however, luckily for me, i have still a few others to read
Leanne Pazik
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute!

Fun and silly. Don’t read it if you haven’t finished the series, you will have things happening that you didn’t know about.
Damaskcat
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt quite disappointed when I discovered that this author wasn't actually someone who wrote the Angela Marchmont series in the 1920s but actually a modern author. However that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the series and I was glad to see this short story. Angela is off to spend Christmas with a friend but first she has to see Barbara off to her friends but then her elderly neighbour loses a valuable ring and Angela feels she must help find it for her.

This is a cleverly constructed story and
Elisa
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It must be Christmas, not just because of the tinsel everywhere but because of this wonderful gift: a look into Angela Marchmont's life in New York. I missed her and her companions so much, and it was such a pleasure to see that they're still up to their antics. I loved the small mystery at the heart of this novella, as well as the incredibly sweet and unexpected ending. This is a really great series.
JK
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Pleasant Little Diversion

Well, what can I say. I missed Angela Marchmont and here is a nice little short story perfect for reading in one sitting. It is nice to see Angela settled in New York.
Merry Christmas Angela
Sherry Cross
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A simple solution

A simple solution to a simple crime of theft turns out to lead to rather complicated solutions, or methods of solution, that is. Imagine a 10 story apartment building retrofitted with a central vacuum system. Now imagine a priceless ring that simply disappears. And WHO is that gentleman in the hall?
Cathy
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, one more short story to wrap everything up in a bow. If I know the definition of "adventure", this was not it. This was a dull mystery on the way to a happy ending.
Linda Brue
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, owned
From the publisher:
"Angela Marchmont is looking forward to spending a nice, cosy Christmas à deux in Saratoga Springs, but before she can set off she finds herself caught up in the search for her elderly neighbour's missing diamond ring. Can Angela find it and help a young couple celebrate their own happy Christmas?"

A nice, quick, gentle read for a winter's afternoon.
Pauline Ross
A short and sweet Christmas story for fans of the Angela Marchmont series of murder mysteries set in the 1920s. There’s snow and presents and some missing jewellery, stolen in a seemingly impossible crime, which Angela and the irrepressible Barbara set out to solve in their own inventive but persistent way. There are walk-on parts for Angela’s maid and chauffeur, and of course, the delicious Edgar Valencourt. If the mystery isn’t terribly plausible, it doesn’t matter in the slightest, because it ...more
Debbie
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to receive an email from Clara Benson's mailing list telling me there was a new Angela Marchmont story available! After thinking the series was finished and there would be no more books forthcoming, it was the best surprise!
It's a lovely little mystery involving Angela and Barbara in their new New York digs. A cute story, but to true blue Angela Marchmont fans such as myself, it's so much more! Highly recommend to all Angela fans, new and old!
Patricia
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Angela in America. Hope for more. Her daughter goes off to spend Christmas with school friends and Angela goes off to spend Christmas with Edgar. Before all that happens Angela has a mystery to solve with the help of a ghost.
Dorothy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun, quick read

I enjoyed the mystery series, so I was glad to see this short story is available. It's a fun Christmas tale.
Tiffany
Arielle Gordon
Dec 15, 2016

• A Death In Beverly Hills
  • The Girl on the Swing
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • From a Far Land (Jaben's Rift, #1)
  • Watersmeet (Twelve Baronies #1)
  • Seventh Night
  • The Duchess of the Shallows (The Grey City #1)
  • Greener Grass
  • Treespeaker (Treespeaker #1)
  • A Death Not Foretold (A Glenmore Park Mystery, #1.5)
  • Ice Diaries
  • Grim Haven (Devilborn #1)
  • Dragon's Bride (The Dragon and the Scholar #4)
  • Orlind (Draykon, #3)
  • The Timeweaver's Wager
  • My Memories of a Future Life
  • To Whatever End (Echoes of Imara, #1)
  • The Ritual (Theft and Sorcery, #1)
Clara Benson is the author of the Angela Marchmont Mysteries and Freddy Pilkington-Soames Adventures - traditional English mysteries in authentic style set in the 1920s and 30s. One day she would like to drink cocktails and solve mysteries in a sequinned dress and evening gloves. In the meantime she lives in the north of England with her family and doesn't do any of those things.

If you want to be