Start by marking “Don't Look Behind You (Detective Eden Berrisford, #2)” as Want to Read:
Don't Look Behind You (Detective Eden Berrisford, #2)

Don't Look Behind You

(Detective Eden Berrisford #2)

She got into bed but sleep didn’t come easily. Every creak in the house made her alert. She was waiting for him to come and get her.

The small city of Stockleigh is in shock as three women are brutally attacked within days of each other. Are they random acts of violence or is there a link between the victims? For Detective Eden Berrisford, it’s her most chilling case yet.

T
Published January 31st 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Don't Look Behind You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Look Behind You

Start your review of Don't Look Behind You (Detective Eden Berrisford, #2)
Mary Beth
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and I loved every minute of it!
I devoured it. This is the second book in the Eden Berrisford series. I have not read the first book yet but will sometime this month. This is a very gritty, dark, disturbing, twisting, suspenseful read. It is not for the faint of heart. It deals with some very sensitive subject matters in domestic violence and rape.

This book is about Eden and her team looking into the brutal attacks on several local women. The attacker keeps
Christine
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Don’t Look Behind You is a thoroughly engaging novel written by Brit Grit Lit master Mel Sherratt. This book is #2 in the Eden Berrisford series and even better than the first. I love Mel Sherratt because of her success in melding gritty crime fiction with “gritty women’s fiction.” The mix is terrific. I also like that she sets all of her stories in Stockleigh, England, with a bit of overlapping of her characters from other books. And how can I not mention (again) how engaging I find he
sue
Mel Sherratt has done it again. She's kept me awake until I saw daylight coming through my window.

I just loved meeting up with Detective Eden again. She's a hard woman, dedicated to her work. Feels for each person and runs a tight ship.

This time we also got to see some of what makes Eden the woman she is.

There are vulnerable women within these pages and you tense up and your tummy knots up with each event that plays out.

Imagine making a new life. But looking over your shoulder constantly.

Three w
Angela Marsons
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been eagerly anticipating the second book in the Eden Berrisford crime series and Don't Look Behind You did not disappoint. I devoured the first in the series - The Girls Next Door - but enjoyed this one even more. There is an early scene where Eden confronts a man abusing his wife which I absolutely loved. Mel Sherratt again uses her expertise in covering difficult subjects, physical abuse and rape, with sensitivity and care. I was particularly drawn to Carla's story throughout the book. ...more
Sue
DON’T LOOK BEHIND YOU by talented author Mel Sherratt, is the second book in the Eden Berrisford crime series and as I loved the first book in the series, The Girls Next Door, I couldn’t wait to start this one. Don't Look Behind You did not disappoint…and will appeal to all lovers of crime thrillers/police procedurals. I actually enjoyed this one even more. I would recommend reading the books in order to appreciate the growth development of the main characters.

Once again, we touch base with prot
Emma
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
For me, this didn't quite live up to the first in the series. While I still love Eden as a character, the plot in this one was just not gripping enough. It felt really bitty and superficial. I'm even struggling to write a review as I just don't have much to say. It's good enough, took a few hours to read, but nothing more than that.

ARC via Netgalley.
Louise Wilson
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Eden Berrisford series.

Women are being brutally attacked within days off each other. Detective Sargent Eden Berrisford has been given the task to arrest the culprit. Eden has to work out if there is a link to these women or if they have been randomly chosen. The only link she has so far is they were attacked at night while they were on their own.

Me Sherratt has another best seller with this storyline. Eden Berrisford is just the right person to solve this case. She
Linda Strong
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Detective Berrisford is back with a vengeance!

She is dealing with the brutal attacks of several women in her small town. The detective is sickened by what someone is doing to these young women. The are beaten and raped. In some instances, he's interrupted and leaves before he can commit the final act. He is covered from head to toe, comes out of the dark, and never says a word. Although their bruises and abrasions will disappear with time, they will spend the rest of their lives looking over th
Liz
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

A mystery told from multiple points of view and with multiple storylines. There's a rapist attacking young women walking alone at night. Eden Berrisford is the DS trying to see if the attacks are related and find the attacker. As a community intelligence officer, she also visits at a refuge for abused women. The additional storylines concern those women and the counselor who works with them. We hear from Carla, the counselor, in the first person personal, looking back over her own story of abuse
Gary
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Detective Sergeant Eden Berrisford series by author Mel Sherratt and can be read as a stand alone but the personal side of it works better if you have read the previous novel.
In this novel women are being attacked and Detective Sargent Eden Berrisford is leading the investigation to try and find a link to the attacks . The story is full of interesting characters who all have their own story to tell and for me the books got better the more I read.
This is the 2nd book I
 Li'l Owl
Buzzing with palpable tenion! 5 Powerful Stars!

Without warning, she was pushed in the back. Landing on all fours, someone from behind grabbed a fistful of her hair, dragging her along the pavement.
‘Hey!’ Ella cried as her knees scraped along the tarmac. In desperation, she tried to hit out at the hand that still had a firm grip on her hair as she scrambled to her feet again.
A few steps into the walkway, she was pushed up against the wall. She turned quickly to see a man. He was slightly taller t
Monnie
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
When three women are attacked over a period of three days in the small city of Stockleigh, detective Eden Berrisford and her team on the relatively new Community Intelligence Team get serious about finding who's done them before someone else falls victim. Based on some of the terminology, I assume this is somewhere in the United Kingdom - my London-born-and-bred daughter-in-law provided answers straightaway to my questions about a couple. Who knew, for instance, that "bacon butties" and "chip bu ...more
Adrian Dooley
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first book of this series - The Girls Next Door(4 star review from me) so I was delighted to find out that Mel Sherratt had a follow up coming out. Having finished this book last night, it certainly didn't disappoint.

Don't Look Behind You sees the return of Eden Berrisford and her team and the small city of Stockleigh. Three women are brutally attacked in a short period of time, with the attacks becoming more violent. Eden is in charge of the cases and convinced there is a
Amy
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

4.5/5

This is the second book in the Eden Berrishford series, I loved the first one, (you can find my review here) so I’ve been impatiently awaiting this book as I knew we would be finding out more about Eden and her past. This book sees Eden and her team looking into the brutal attacks on several local women. Simultaneously, Eden is trying to keep Carla safe, a woman who is always looking over her shoulder especially now as her absuive ex husb
Sarah Joint
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one hit me right in the feels. Prepare for an emotional ride, especially if you yourself or a loved one has been through domestic abuse. It's not often a book makes me cry, but this one got me. It was cathartic, though. The ending tied everything up nicely. It still put me through the wringer. Well written as well.

It's a very quick, emotional, fast paced read with several different storylines. We have Eden, who we met in the first book. She's still dealing with the aftermath of her husband
Caroline Mitchell
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, bookouture
Dark and delicious, Don't Look Behind You is written in true Mel Sherratt style, and will keep you gripped until the end. It's no secret that I am a huge Mel Sherratt fan. Given her huge success and permanent position in the Amazon top 100, it seems I am not alone. Her writing appeals to me because her characters are so true to life and the situations generated could happen in the street where you live. Don't Look Behind You is a read full of twists and turns that will keep your heart pumping an ...more
Lee
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stockleigh is a small town so when women start being viciously attacked, fear sets in. The attacker never speaks to his victims or shows his face but the brutality of these events are awful. Detective Eden Berrisford is called in to investigate these crimes, a strong woman that is hell bent on catching this loathsome person. There is also a strong theme of domestic abuse with many sub plots and it is quite horrifying to see what some women have been through and what many continue to face. This i ...more
Jen
Shelves: 2017challenge
When I read the first book in this series, ‘The Girls Next Door’ there were times when I could literally feel my heart thumping in my chest. The opening was so tense, the story so twisting and yet moving that I loved it and when you enjoy a book that much you wonder if the next one can capture that same intense feeling.

The answer in this case is a resounding yes.

From the very beginning, you can sense the threat, the nervousness, that is building in the life of one of the central characters, Carl
The Book Review Café
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at http://thebookreviewcafe.com

I have eagerly been waiting for Don’t Look Behind You, the second in the Detective Eden Berrisford crime series since reading The Girls Next Door, and OMG it was certainly worth the wait. I’m actually going to say this is definitely the authors best book to date. Don’t Look Behind You is dark and very disturbing and at times I found it damn right harrowing which I have to say I wasn’t expecting. What I love about this authors books is he
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Eden is back in what makes for a dark and disturbing read.

The author tackles two horrific crimes, rape and domestic abuse. Due to the nature of the story line it really does make for some uncomfortable reading, but as ever the author handles it wonderfully by letting us feel the full horror of what is happening to the victims without going into to much detail, especially the rape scenes.

Not only does Eden have her work cut out in her working life, she also has some worries of her own in her pers
Chloe
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
DON’T LOOK BEHIND YOU by author Mel Sherratt, is the second book in the Eden Berrisford series. It is a fast paced quick read and the author did not disappoint tackling rape and domestic abuse .

Three women are brutally attacked within days of each other . The serial rapist is escalating and getting bolder with each crime he commits. In comes Eden Berrisford with her team trying to catch the perpetrator before any more women are hurt . Meanwhile Eden also helps women at The Willow which is a refu
Debbie Allan
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Don't Look Behind You through NetGalley for an honest review. Thank you to Bookouture and Mel Sherratt for the opportunity.

Despite being Book #2 in a series this book can be read as a stand alone too. The fast paced text left me racing through with bated breath and on several occasions I caught myself peering out of the window before heading to bed to check no one was peering through the window at me!!!

The characters are so well developed, especially Detective Eden Berrisfor
Pat
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent second instalment in the Eden Berrisford series. This book focuses very much on violence against women, both domestic abuse and random attacks and rapes. It was not a 'pleasant' book to read, some of the domestic abuse scenes were very disturbing. The book did, however, provide a vivid lens onto the subject and how hidden yet widespread it is.

Eden is on the trail of a serial attacker of women. He ambushes them and beats them and, if they can't fight him off, he rapes them.
Sue Wallace
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't look behind you by mel Sherratt is a mystery and thriller and general fiction (adult) read.
The investigation leads Eden
Noelle
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My thanks to Bookouture & Netgalley for this ARC which I have chosen to read and review.

Eeeeeek! I have been desperately waiting for #TheReturnOfEden and I am over the friggin moon to say that it was well worth the wait!

Set in the fictional town of Stockleigh, the reader comes face to face with domesic violence, power, control, relationships – both positive and negative, intimidation, violation, fear, survival and retribution.

The grit is back in this fast paced, twisted read and you are immediat
Steph Lawrence
Shelves: favorites, crime
It was a pleasure to be reacquainted with DS Eden Berrisford and her team.
I enjoyed this even more than the first one in the series, The Girls Next Door.

For me, one of the bonuses of this author’s writing is the way she makes me feel like I know everyone already. Like I’ve known them all my life. There’s no confusion about who’s who, no looking back and wondering where I’d seen the name before. The characters are deep and rounded, and some are very unsavoury.

Three women are attacked in the space
Sharon
Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this review copy.

There has been a flurry recently of great books with great female Detective leads:- Angela Marson’s Kim Stone, Robert Bryndza’s Erica Foster; MJ Arlidge’s Helen Grace and now Mel Sherratt’s Eden Berrisford. This is the second book in the series, and whilst obviously it should be read in order, it could be read on its own.

Eden is caught up in a case of a sex attacker who is targeting women. He attacks them when they are on their own
Trevor
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this is Mel's tenth book and having read them all I can only say that they get better all the time.

Don't Look Behind You I think is Mel's best book to date. This is the second book featuring Detective Eden Berrisford and follows on seamlessly from the first one The Girls Next Door.

Although this book can be read as a stand alone book I would suggest that The Girls Next Door be read first as it carries on with Eden Berrisford's private life.

I don't want to give anything away regarding the
Susan Hampson
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I feel like I have had every bit of stuffing thoroughly kicked out of me, what an emotional and heart rendering read this is. We as woman may be equal to a lot in society these days but there are not many woman that match up to the brutal strength of a man if they are attacked. And where this ‘man’ that doesn’t deserve this title, has the advantage is in the planning before hand. His sheer presence is terrifying and it made my blood temperature sink. I felt as helpless as the victims as nothing ...more
Elvan
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

Carla Gregory is a domestic violence survivor and now counsellor at a women's shelter for other victims of domestic abuse. Her husband Ryan has just been released from prison after many years and she can't shake the feeling she is being watched.

Tanya is routinely beaten by her husband Vic yet she refuses to move into a local women's shelter. Carla has tried to counsel Tanya about the risk she is taking returning to a man with a history of violence yet she is drawn back to her life with Vic.

DI
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kindle English My...: Don't Look Behind You, by Mel Sherratt 2 7 Jan 25, 2017 04:40AM

• Wrong Victim  (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 3)
  • Kill Our Sins (Hidden Norfolk Murder Mystery #3)
  • Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)
  • The Mark (The Working Girls #1)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • Paper Girls (DCI Kett, #1)
  • Dangerous Games
  • Ruby (The Working Girls #2)
  • Right Behind You (DCI Tom Douglas, #9)
  • Little Doubt (DI Kelly Porter, #7)
  • No Looking Back
  • Next Victim (DCI Rachel King, #1)
  • Francesca
  • The Secret Admirer (Detective Natalie Ward #6)
  • Trickster (Georgina Garrett #1)
  • Twisted Revenge (DI Sara Ramsey Book 6)
  • Dirty Dealings
  • Ugly Truth
I write police procedurals, psychological suspense and women's fiction with a punch - or grit-lit, as I call it.

I live in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, with my husband and terrier, Dexter (named after the TV serial killer) and makes liberal use of my hometown as a backdrop for some of my books.

You can find out more at my website www.melsherratt.co.uk or I'm on Twitter at @writermels

I also write

Detective Eden Berrisford (2 books)
  • The Girls Next Door (Detective Eden Berrisford, #1)