Start by marking “The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)” as Want to Read:

The Risk (Mindf*uck #1)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  1,486 Ratings  ·  334 Reviews
They took too much.
Left too little.
I had nothing to lose...until him.

I didn't expect him.
I didn't want to fall in love.
But I can't let him go.

Logan Bennett makes the world a safer place.
He's brilliant.
He's a hero.
He locks away the sick and depraved.
But while he's saving lives, I'm taking them. Collecting the debts that are owed to me.

Ten years ago, t
Published December 1st 2016 by S.T. Abby

To ask other readers questions about The Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Risk

Holy hell! This book was fantastic! I had never heard of S. T. Abby before now, but she has blown me away with this book. This is one twisted and fascinating story. I will be one-clicking her releases from this point forward.

The first in a series of five serials, 'The Risk' was suspenseful and utterly addicting. I could not put this super short book down. Once you've finished the first one, you're going to want to delve into the next book immediately. Luckily, the entire series has been released
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆

This is so fucked up and twisted.
And so good.
The storyline is phenomenal.

And I'm going straight to Hell for loving it so much.

What is wrong with me?

I can't believe I loved it so much.
I can't believe I'm rooting for a serial killer.
I can't believe I enjoyed the actual torture and kills.

On to the next one!

“Hush little baby, don’t say a word. Momma’s gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird don’t sing, Momma’s gonna buy you a diamond ring.”

Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This 5-book series has to be the best sinister-suspense I've read in a long while. Guys, please do not miss this.

Superb writing, crisp plot, amazing heroine! Brilliant! The first book is free on Amazon, I guarantee you'll one-click the heck out of the remaining serials.
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Fanf*ckingtastic Stars

photo mindblown_zpsxkekvap4.gif

What would you do if you were in the middle of your revenge killing spree?? Why you would start dating an FBI agent that specialises in profiling and catching serial killers of course, well duh!

Lana Myers life is fucked messed up but it's hard not to be on her side, she is determined to finish these acts of vengeance and not just for herself. She is a badass, I love her attitude and her sarcastic humour.

game on photo gameoncocksuckers_zps2urp48cd.gif

Logan is awesome, hot, sweet and has no idea what or who he is dati
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥

I can tell that I'm going to adore this series already! My good friend, Karla, recommended it to me a while ago, but I haven't been able to squeeze it in until now. I'm so happy that I finally did, because I fucking loved it! I hope to come back with more of a review, but for now, I'll leave you with something short and sweet.

Read it!! This shit is good!! 😜

BR with Em! 😍
Sophia Triad
"You're supposed to be dead."
"You should have killed me deader."

...and just like that I am officially hooked on this story of revenge

This series has some amazing reviews from some of my good friends and fellow readers in goodreads.
And this was the only thing that I knew about it, before I started it.

And then I did started it. And wow! Totally mind-blowing!

The story is built in small pieces like a puzzle:

1. A serial killer that attacks lonely, handsome, young, successful males. After they are h
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
 photo 9A81DD30-7CD3-4AF4-B326-2796990C9725_zpsa4cdbnty.gif

Thank god there's no waiting to get to the next book....... that ending though.....

Okay, I've loved a lot of dark reads, but this one, I think this series might just top the list.

I'm falling for Logan Bennett, but mostly my heart hurts at how hurt he is gonna be when this all comes out. I am so looking forward to how this plays out. He is hot, he is sin and pleasure wrapped in a package❤❤❤
 photo E3312595-E2D5-461B-AF87-6D90AD59CA76_zpsfwlymmnj.gif
And how about the crazy, intense, beautiful package of aka Lana Myers. Wow how do you even begin to write
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

📚 📌 FREE on Amazon US today (10/3/2017) 📌 📚

Book 1. Series complete.
They took too much.
Left too little.
I had nothing to lose...until him.
I didn't expect him.
I didn't want to fall in love.
But I can't let him go.
Logan Bennett makes the world a safer place.
He's brilliant.
He's a hero.
He locks away the sick and depraved.
Ten years ago, they took f
Alex ♈
Sometimes people don’t find justice.
Sometimes they have to take it.
✰ D r i ✰
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
5 HOLY SHIT stars!!!

“I want him degraded to the point he has nothing but indignation and humiliation left. Then I want his screams.”

— Mocinha fodona e sem exagero: ✔
— Mocinho meu novo crush literário: ✔
— História cativante e instigante: ✔
— Narrativa fluída e envolvente: ✔
— Se eu amei esse 1º livro e tô correndo desesperada para o próximo? ✔✔✔✔✔

Hulya Kara Yuksel

HOLY SHIIIIT! OMG that was sooooo crazy! Ahh I LOVE everything about this fucked up story and thank God, I have other 4 books in my Kindle, otherwise I'd lose my freaking mind. Gah! Okay, I'm going to read next book. Bye! :-D
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The heroine is a serial killer and the hero is FBI agent!
How about that?
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. This is a good beginning to this series. The author is slowly peeling back layers of each character, especially Lana. The ending was an oh shit moment. Actually a couple of them. On to book 2.
This book is EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow wow wow wow wow.

This book is the first release by ST Abby and man oh man. She knocked my socks off.
The storyline in this is like nothing I have read before why you ask?
Well, the "villain" I use that term loosely is a woman for once. How badass is that. This book is dark and has a lot of shock throughout the storyline. I couldn't help but get completely consumed by it.

A game of cat and mouse almost but the cat doesn't realize that the mouse he is ch
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Free on Amazon **3/4/17**

Review at the end of the series!

Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
I have to admit that I misjudged this series based on the cover. This is not another dark romance story. It is dark, but it is revenge dark. Lana has had an experience in her past that made her seeking for revenge. She bumps into Logan and tries to be "a normal girl" for a change.
But this is just the beginning....

4,5 stars
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This is the story of Lana, a girl with a revenge plan!

This book really blew me! I love revenge stories. They have always tension and passion! Ms. Abby succeeded to make so much more out of this revenge story! The plot was surprising and cryptic, full of suspense and mystery. There are dark elements in the story but I am not sure if it’s dark or thriller. In any way, it will keep you on the edge of your seat! The writing is fantastic! The heroine has a weird sense of humour that I totally lov
~~~ 5 "WOW" stars~~~

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

I had this book on my Kindle for a month now and boy, I wish I had read it sooner. The suspense was almost like watching a movie.

We have Logan this FBI hottie, who's an excellent profiler and he's really good at catching serial killers. He's smart, sweet and a good guy through and through.

He's married to his job until he stumbles upon
Lana, our heroine. He's immediately taken by her and thinks she just might be perfect for him.

Oh, y
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole, yes, Yes, YES! This is exactly the kind of heroine I adore. Kick-ass to the bone.

Let's start talking about Lana, then. OMG, she's such an interesting character. Calculating, cold, at times, and yet loving and warm when it comes to agent Logan Bennett. She's smart, sarcastic, stabby and witty. I loved how good she was at profiling other people and how unapologetic in her mission.

She reminded me a lot of Cat from Halfway to the Grave so, yeah, that was serious cause for brownie poi
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Se existe um livro que a capa engana, é esse!

Não é sobre sexo, embora o romance seja a liga entre os personagens principais. Tenso do início ao fim. Coração acelerado. Curiosidade. Revolta. Sede de vingança. Sede de sangue. Esses são uns dos sentimentos que esse livro desperta e eu QUERO MAIS!

O final foi surpreendente e eu PRE-CI-SO saber o que acontecerá!
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This series. Instantly hooked.

Lana is out for revenge - she has her list and she is bound to work her way through it - and although you don't get the "why" just yet - you get some idea.

While enjoying a cup of coffee she is confronted with a cocky alpha, but it isn't him that catches her eye - it's his friend, Logan. The Risk kicks off this romance-thriller where a woman hell bent on vengeance finds herself drawn to the FBI profiler who is unsuspectingly working her case.

I love a good dark r
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
I lived. Others died.
I lived, yet I feel dead.

This book was awesome! Please don't ask me how I stumbled upon this, but I'm so glad I did!
The premise is very unusual, it's about a female serial killer falling for an FBI profiler.

The book itself begins innocently, a badass girl is sitting in a coffee shop, meets these FBI agents, but next scene is BAM, she's out there killing a guy. It's suspenseful from start to finish. Lana is an amazing heroine, complex, strong, you can't help but root for h
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just ignore the cover okay.
I didn't expect this book to be so good?? And addictive?? But it was!! However, it's also screwed up.
I don’t have much to say about it except I’m looking forward to continuing it & Logan is a total babe.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy smoley! Give me more!!

Love love love love this book and can't wait for the next, Star Abby (S.T Abby) has that way of making you love her characters even the ones you know are going to be a pain in the arse! Therefore No matter who is in play you are not waiting to "just get to the next chapter" to get a certain person back.

An effortless read, it just flows, even with the grossness of the storyline.

Speaking of the storyline, erm we are all okay with this, yes? We all want Lana to succeed r
Aira Karina
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i have no words .
it was just so damn good , and instead of writing a long review , i just need to get on to the next one .

Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ok don't hate me cause I didn't love this. It was ok, but not great.

First I don't normally read contemporary romance, but I do read horror and psychological thrillers.

This book was selected for me to read by my wonderful friends here on GR, and although it was an entertaining romance/thriller, I think the title is more powerful than the story.

The author was very brave in their unique theme (for a romance) but didn't quite go the extra mile to deliver the punch it could have given the

The Risk is a hard book to put down. So addictive and I just can't stop thinking about it. (view spoiler) Really loved Lana and Logan. Lana is awesome strong heroine. Highly recommend if you like romantic thrillers.

HEA (view spoiler)
Ann Lou
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is it wrong to root for Victoria/Lana? How far would you go for revenge? moral dilemma.  Lana is my new favorite anti heroine. Off to read the next book.

Mindf*uck (6 books)
  • Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2)
  • Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3)
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
  • Mindf*ck (Mindf*ck, #1-5)
“I know this shit is fucked up, so don’t bother writing to tell me I’m twisted in the head. ;)      ” 19 likes
“I love humanity but I hate humans. —Albert Einstein” 4 likes