Start by marking “A Kings' Christmas (First & Ten Book 9)” as Want to Read:
A Kings' Christmas (First & Ten Book 9)

A Kings' Christmas (First and Ten #9)

4.95  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Stress over making the playoffs at holiday time can’t compete with the tensions in the homes of the star players on the Connecticut Kings. From Trunk Mahoney’s shattered dream of a Currier & Ives Christmas to the secret Lauren is keeping from Griff, surprises abound in this last tale of the team.
As the men and their women celebrate the holidays, bad news seems to riva
Published November 22nd 2016 by Moonlight Books

To ask other readers questions about A Kings' Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kings' Christmas

Niki Driscoll
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
You can't see me but just know that I am doing a little happy dance that Ms. Joachim chose to grace us with another look at the fabulous Kings and their families. Christmas is the perfect time to check back and see what our favorite players have been up too and what trouble they have stirred up. Similar to book 8, we get short stories that update us on our favorite couples and the chaos that seems to surround them. Each look is filled with new and exciting experience that are sure to make you la ...more
Melissa
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is #9 in the First and Ten series. I love being able to read about the Connecticut Kings and their spouses (children, too!). It is sad that this is the final chapter of the Kings, but it is wonderful that it is at Christmas time. I have been reading several books set around Christmas and this was a great addition to that.

I am not going to say a lot about this book, but I was grabbed on the first page and the last page had me wanting more.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend thi
Amy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a delight to get another book dedicated to our Kings. I was quite surprised and extremely happy to get another look into the lives of some of the players we have come to love - and what better time than Christmas! Jean did a wonderful job with this holiday novella. While I hate for this series to end, I think this helped wrap things up a little more with a beautiful bow on top. Of course I am still hoping they won't leave her alone and force her to give us more!
Judith Cohen
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“The Connecticut Kings bid you a fond farewell. They thank you for joining them on their journeys and hope you have enjoyed being a fly on the wall in their lives and lives.”

I didn’t want to read this book. Not because I wasn’t expecting it to be good but because I didn’t want to say goodbye to the characters in Jean Joachim’s First & Ten series. You see, this series book 9, A Kings' Christmas, really is the end with no reprieve in sight as (unlike Overtime, the prior book at the end of whic
SiKReviews
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As I said before, when Jean said that Overtime would be the last in this series, I cried and whined to her yelling NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am so happy she gave us this one last book to visit with the Kings and their families. This book ties up some loose ends. It gives us new loves, new family, and a few rings. It let me see a fantasy scene I had in my head play out for a couple I adore. The book even gives the twins some closure.

With this book, I am at peace with the ending of 1st and Ten series, al
Molly
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this ending to the series:) Always nice to continue the stories of characters you've read about the past two years:) REALLY looking forward to her baseball series next!
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a nice lil wrap up to a great series.

I loved getting a glimpse of the HEA's of the characters that we have grown to love in the series. I hate to see them go and I hope that they will pop up now and then in future series to come. They have become a part of my "family" and always bring a smile to my face.

Thank you Jean for series, the laughter, and the memories.

This can not be read as a stand alone. This is a conclusion of a series. But I'll tell you a lil secret. The whole series is gre
V.L. Locey
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful wrap-up to an amazing series! While I'm saddened to see the Kings stories ending, I'm happy to have had this glorious little book to help with the loss of some of my favorite footballers and their families. This is a lovely novella, filled with love and laughter. The perfect holiday read! If you've followed the Kings as I have (blows kiss to Griff) this is a must-have read. Trust me, you will not be sorry you picked it up.

becky dowdy
Christina Montminy
Sep 17, 2017
Flora
Dec 09, 2017
I've been making up stories for as long as I can remember. When other kids wanted to be doctors, teachers or firemen, I wanted to be a writer.
As soon as I could read, I began devouring books. I'd read anything I could get my hands on, but Louisa May Alcott's Little Women and Nancy Drew mysteries were early favorites.
In school, term papers were my favorite homework. While others bemoaned the amou
More about Jean C. Joachim

First and Ten (9 books)
  • Griff Montgomery: Quarterback (First & Ten #1)
  • Buddy Carruthers, Wide Receiver (First and Ten #2)
  • Pete Sebastian, Coach
  • Devon Drake: Cornerback (First & Ten #4)
  • Sly "Bullhorn" Brodsky, Offensive Line (First & Ten, #5)
  • Al "Trunk" Mahoney, Defensive Line
  • Harley Brennan: Running Back (First & Ten #7)
  • Overtime: The Final Touchdown (First & Ten Book 8)