Start by marking “All I Want” as Want to Read:
All I Want

All I Want

“All I want for Christmas is someone to love.”

Shy retail clerk Elliott Gaffney’s Christmas wish isn’t something Santa can grant him, but that doesn’t stop it from being his favorite time of year. Especially since he gets to work at Chicago’s prestigious Ashby’s department store in “the North Pole,” doing his part to make the magic of Christmas come alive for others.

All B
Published December 1st 2016 (first published November 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about All I Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Suspend disbelief ye who enter here.

This story isn't realistic in the least. The plot is predictable, and we're asked to believe that, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And sexy elves too.

Here's the thing: I. Don't. Care.

Because All I Want is a Christmas story. It's supposed to be sweet and ridiculously feel good.

I read this book in January, when the weather is dreadful and only a few sad, droopy Christmas lights remain, and it made me happy, damn it.

We get a bit of smex, friends who care,
Denise H.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** I have found a new author, team to love ! *** Stella Starling is a team of two.
This is a wonderful emotion filled Christmas story of a spoiled man, Ash, being shown what real care and love are supposed to be.
Elliot teaches Ben... (alias Ash),

about being Santa for the store, and they are drawn together for friendship and more. Ben/Ash has been sent to the store as punishment for his wild escapades, and certainly does learn some lessons. Ben teaches virgin Elliot

about making love and neith
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Sentimental Stars

This really, truly embodies the meaning of Christmas, and it definitely put me in the mood for this time of year.

Ash has been living the high life, and he’s totally fine with that, not knowing what he’s missing, as money has thus far provided him with superficial fun, companionship, and luxuries. However, due to some bad behavior, his punishment to work at one of his family’s main stores opens his eyes to many things, mainly that his life has been lacking people to care for
Susan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read October 2018
Never too early for Christmas stories!

-------------------------------------

“Elliott, all I could ever want… is you.”

This author duo sure knows how to write. Every emotion just came to life in this heartwarming story.

This is a sweet and fluffy holiday read with some angst sprinkled in, but not too much (for those of us who dislike relationship angst).

Bennet Ashby, Ash, is your typical spoiled rich kid (he is in his early twenties, but hasn’t worked a day in his life). He par
Meags
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Meags by: Denise H.
4.5 Stars

Elliott Gaffney is as sweet and good-hearted as they come, and Christmas is definitely his favourite time of year. He works as a retail clerk at a high-end department store in Chicago, called Ashby’s, and at Christmastime he relishes in being an active participant in the store’s Christmas traditions. This year, Elliott gets to play the part of a Nutcracker in Ashby’s “North Pole," where he meets the store’s newest employee and this years in-store Santa, Ben.

Ben is like no one Elliott h
~Mindy Lynn~
3.5*

Ash is all about partying and living it up with his douche bag friends until one scandal sends him from riches to rags. Well, his version of rags. Not so much mine. But the scandal has made daddy mad and to teach his scandalicious son a lesson he sends him to Chicago to work as this Christmas seasons, Santa at one of their department stores, Ashby's. Ash bleaches his hair and wears contacts to disguise himself since he's a very recognizable guy and decides to go by Ben, as his first name is
Gigi
I know this on one worked for many of my GR friends, but it just didn't work for me. Elliot's character was comically child-like in his love of the holiday season and his job as a Nutcracker in the department store North Pole. He was too innocent and awestruck to be perceived as a adult IMHO. Because if this, the sexual relationship between Elliot and Ben felt wrong and kinda yucky.

This book was very sweet with little to no angst and if you can get over Elliot's innocence, I am certain you will
Eli Easton
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read a ton of Christmas romances, and they can get a bit predictable. But I'm happy this one exceeds expectations as a fun, and oh-so-readable holiday treat. I'm not usually big on secret billionaire stories, but this one is super appealing. I liked Ash's character and how he changes over the course of the book. Elliot was such a sweetheart that I believed he could turn Ash's life around and make him value more than just money. And the writing kept me engaged all the way through. This author i ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Super, sugary sweet Christmas story.

I love that this was a full length book.

I love that there is going to be a spinoff.

This was very good :)
Helen
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very , very sweet .

Still 'tis the season and all that !

And i'll definitely check out the next in the series .
Nerea
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-xmas
DNF 75%

I give up -__- I try to read it in different occassions, but definitely this book is not for me. The story is cute, but Ben/Ash character is not believable at all and is narrated in a vey SLOW rythm for me.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle freebie 12/27/17
Juxian
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, I knew what I would be getting here, right? Unrealistic and too sweet, predictable and full of clichés. But I kinda felt like reading more fluff, and I thought maybe I'd like the main characters and it would be nice...
It was nice, I can't say it wasn't. What I liked in the book was its Christmas spirit. Even if it was a bit didactic. But still, some moments were truly touching.
And I liked the dog :) He's actually the reason why I finished the book - he appeared just when I was about to DNF
Michael S.
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this over a month ago during an extended book binge and completely forgot to rate it.

Cute, cute, cute.

It's realistic and believable in the same way that candy canes are nutritious and packed with antioxidants, but if you're reading a Christmas-themed story like this, you've probably checked your disbelief at the gate.

Enjoy for what it is, which is fun and heartwarming.
Santy
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, m-m
I read this as a prelude to the "At Last,The Beloved" series I wanted to check out.

This was sweet. A bit too sweet at times but stil cool. :)
Fani *loves angst*
3.5 stars rounded up because it's Christmas after all and I did enjoy it :)

Fluffy, sweet, minimal drama or plot, but somehow very satisfying none the less. Must be the writing I guess. Ben/Ash's transformation from bon-viveur playboy to a caring and warm person was too fast to be convincing, and it was my main issue with the story, but Elliot was lovable and I wanted him to have a HEA, so I overlooked it. I also liked the dual POV, I liked seeing what was going on in both of the heroes minds.
Sandra
Utterly adorable Christmas story that I snagged when it was offered for free on Amazon. Excellent story-telling, and such a sweet romance. I adored Elliott - he was such a sweetheart, and so very kind to everyone, always believing only the best of people. And I loved watching Ash grow throughout this book and believe that he could be more than what he had been.
Tina K
Very cute Christmas story about a bad boy being reformed by a shy, sweet "normal" guy. Dragged on just a bit too long but was sweet and a little sexy.
Bev
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas stories in September?? Why the hell not, if they're as sweet as this one. 3.5 stars rounded up. The sort of Xmas tale you want to believe will come true, but very rarely does. Cinderfella meets Arthur, with Scrooge thrown in for good measure.

Playboy Ash has disappointed his overbearing and detached father one too many times, and is 'banished' to the Ashby company's Chicago store as punishment. Christmas is just around the corner and due to unfortunate circumstances, Ash [or Ben as he i
Donna
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I had one complaint, and I would appear that I do, it would be the length of the story. It felt too long, says no one, ever! *headdesk* LOL!!! Maybe what I am trying to say is that it was slow in places. The story was well-written and the characters were adorable, Donner included... well, maybe not Ash/Ben's dad, Kevin and Martin (what is up with those two anyways?) but everyone else? ADORABLE!!! This was just stuffed full of sweetness and Christmas spirit, not to mention some intensely tende ...more
Manfred
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this any other time of the year I would probably not review it very kindly. But as it is for the holiday season I expect stories to be sweet, fluffy, angstfree and really for me there is no such thing as too much Christmas kitsch.
This was an absolutely perfect Christmas story, I loved every page of it, I laughed, I cried and I was absolutely happy with the 2 main characters when they finally found their HEA! If you know what you are signing up for, just go for it! 4 shining Christmas sta
Zuzu
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so sweet and low angst. I plan to read more by this author.
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
I really just wanted a feel good story, and that’s exactly what this is. It’s insta love, it’s mushy, it’s all the sweet you would want over the holidays. That’s why you read this story.

The one gripe that has me skimming... was all of the inner conversations. I get it people think, but this was just too much. There was more conversation with themselves then there were between two people.

And that’s why it’s a 3.
Vicki Easom Johnson
The feels!

I haven't had good feels like this in a while. I needed them. Ash\Ben was a playboy that caused trouble. Elliot was a sweet, king and tender hearted man who believed in Christmas miracles. Can Elliott's dream come true? Will trouble interfere?
Dmitri Parker
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god!
This book had been nothing short of pastel-smooth sweetness. Perfect in its fluffiness. And I lapped up every word and page of it. It was such a delight to read and get lost in the dreamlike quality of it.

Whenever I stumble upon a novel like this, I realise that this is the kind of story I look forward to whenever I click on Buy with 1-click on Amazon, whenever I get lucky and I can mark another book or series with Want to read here on Goodreads.
It's always stories like the Delicious
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Though I'm sure all the other Stella Starling books will be phenomenal in comparison, THIS one was just a bit more than okay ... I DID like it and there were parts I really enjoyed, but I also felt like something was missing :-/!! Very sweet book and I do want to know more, but this one was a tad lacklustre for me ... just a tad :-/!!

*****************
I decided to break open one of my Stella Starling books [they're the the kind of books I end up indefinitely saving, because while I own them ALL,
Cadiva
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous and sweet sparkling festive fare

3.5*

This is a seriously sweet festive romance but with enough world building and story development to take it beyond just that.

You always allow a bit of leeway in a Christmas novella and this one did have the insta love attention which is typical of the genre.
However, both Ash/Ben and Elliott were also given their own time to grow into their characters individually, as well as a couple, and the low level drama worked well.

Truly beautiful covers as well w
Len Evans Jr
This is the 3rd book I have read by the 2 author team who go by Stella Starling and they are 3 for 3 in writing incredibly amazing m/m romance. I can't wait till book 3 Be Loved (Brandon & Shane) comes out in the At Last, The Beloved Series... as well as any other future books they write as I am sure they will continue their top-notch stories and characters. Thank you to them for so many hours of enjoyment thus far!
Gabriella
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, romance, m-m
November 2018 re-read
I needed something romantic and sweet. It's still a magical Christmas story.

January 2018
A nice Christmas story, that makes you believe in the magic of Christmas and that wishes can come true.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Trouble With Elves
  • Christmas Delights
  • Something to Believe In
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Magic & Mistletoe
  • Winter Warmers
  • Alaska (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
  • A Viking for Yule
  • Gaudete
  • Three Dates of Christmas
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Personal Shopper
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf
“Even though he knew the man behind the Santa suit wasn’t some mystical being, Elliott believed.” 0 likes