Start by marking “Countdown: Part 3 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.3)” as Want to Read:
Countdown: Part 3 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.3)

Countdown: Part 3 of 8

(Tough Justice #2.3)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Under Attack

The bomber’s latest threat has thrown the Crisis Management Unit into chaos! As Lara Grant struggles to hold her fractured team together, she discovers a possible connection between this case and her own past--something she can’t reveal to anyone, especially now. Because when the bomber’s next target chooses to keep his secret, terror turns to an intimate form
Published February 1st 2017 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Countdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown

Anita
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

The pace is picking up and the action is certainly taking center stage in this Part 3 of the Countdown series. I am not getting any warm and fuzzies for the main character. I just don't care for the martyr character in any book I read, but I try to overlook that deficiency and concentrate on the really excellent mystery plot.

In this installment the bomber hit close to home, rea
Shay Williams
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it

Another great installment in the Tough Justice serial. I think what really impressed me was how there was a change in author yet the story flowed nicely. Ms. Snell made both Nick and Lara a touch more approachable but that was really the only change in writing style.

So far, this story has kept me on the edge of my seat and I do recommend it to any of my readers who enjoy a good, action packed thriller.

*** I received this book at no charge from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Books and Spoons
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As the Whisperer havoc the city, the team of FBI Crisis Management Unit is trying to hold it together. The exhaustion and weariness are in the air, the danger and threat are closer to them than before. They are not only physically sleep deprived but the mentality of the team is challenged as they now fight the forces both inside and outside of the FBI.
The power balance of the team is rattled, as is the edgy tightrope balance between Nick and Lara. A desperate moment causes them to act based on
Diana Day-Admire
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good kept me wanting more.

Surprisingly easy to read. Tension was okay not enough information into other side characters brought in by 2 previous volumes. We aren't even half way yet. Can't be certain I will make / it through 8?
LuAnn
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
review to follow
Deanna Perkins
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Part 3 of 8 hit a lot closer to home for our Crisis Management Unit (CMU) as the bomber has directly targeted his blackmail towards their leader, Victoria. Somehow he found out a secret about her past that would destroy her career and credibility as an FBI Agent. This is finally the point where the FBI figures out the thing that we’ve known since book one…that the bomber is targeting people in high level positions using dirty secrets they’ve been hiding in their closets.

I was on the edge of my s
Pennie Morgan
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The bomber is getting closer to the CMU and the heart of the unit. Victoria has received an ultimatum, tell her secret or a bomb will go off. The team does all they can to find the Whisper but to no avail and Victoria has to step down but the bomber will not be stopped. Who is next? Will he be caught? On to the next installment...

**Received an ARC copy for review from the publisher via NetGalley**
Donna Maguire
This is really picking up the pace now and I'm really interested in seeing where the book goes and if they can get there in time (no spoilers), the characters are really developing well and the plot is thickening as it progresses. Looking forward to part four.
DJ Sakata
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

We have a dangerous job… Sometimes it’s not just the bad guys we have to worry about.

To put it simply, he looked awful. Sweaty and small and swollen with fear. Without knowing who he was, her first impression was lawyer. One who had a very very bad secret.

My Review:

The story is ramping up with shifts of a professional and personal nature for Lara. She is still burning the candle at both ends and feeling the drain. The blackmailing bomber is going strong and manages
Reading
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book 3 is leaps and bounds better than the first two. Victoria, the lead of the team, is targeted. We learn that if she doesn't confess to falsifying evidence, another bomb will go off.

By the way, I still don't like the main characters.
Mark Musselman
Apr 04, 2017
Colleen A Bradsher
May 16, 2017
Merle
Tyler Snell
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Elaine Tiffany
May 07, 2018
Ruth M.
Apr 11, 2017
Tyler Anne Snell spends her days plotting murders, creating mysteries, and weaving sexual tension, romance, and can't-live-without-you love throughout each. When she isn't writing romantic suspense she's reading urban fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and falling even more in love with Netflix.

Tyler lives in South Alabama with her same-named husband, their mini lions, and a burning desire to meet Kurt Russ

Tough Justice (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Exposed (Tough Justice #1.1)
  • Watched (Tough Justice #1.2)
  • Burned (Tough Justice #1.3)
  • Trapped (Tough Justice #1.4)
  • Twisted (Tough Justice #1.5)
  • Ambushed (Tough Justice #1.6)
  • Betrayed (Tough Justice #1.7)
  • Hunted (Tough Justice #1.8)
  • Countdown: Part 1 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.1)
  • Countdown: Part 2 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.2)