Start by marking “Falling Snow on Snow” as Want to Read:
Falling Snow on Snow

Falling Snow on Snow

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Beck Justice knows holiday sparkle and snappy carols only mask December’s cruel, black heart. He learned that lesson even before he landed on the streets eight years ago, and his recent step up to a tiny apartment and a busker’s permit for Seattle’s Pike Place Market has done nothing to change his mind. But one day in the market, Oleg Abramov joins his ethereal voice to Be ...more
Published December 23rd 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Falling Snow on Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Snow on Snow

Karen
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read some really awesome holiday stories this year and now I'm adding another one to the list. Lou Sylvre's 'Falling Snow on Snow' was everything I look for in a story, holiday or not. It was about filling that space in your heart that longs for that one person...that special someone who loves you above all else, it was about finding faith, love, hope, compassion, forgiveness and ultimately a home.

Beck was 14 when his stepfather kicked him out. He's spent most of his life since then on the
Ami
This is my first Lou Sylvre, so I didn't have any expectation or idea about what I would be getting. The story was just okay for me; probably would get more impact if it was longer. I knew that it was a story about two lonely souls. I am usually a big sucker for that, but somehow the loneliness just didn't come across the pages and grabbed my heart.

The writing style feels poetic to me, though at times I also struggled with it. All in all, a nice read but didn't blow my mind.
Susan
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hurt-comfort, mm
Wow, bad writing is bad.

There is almost no dialogue in this book. And when people do talk they say things totally out of character. There is no relationship development, we should just believe these guys like each other, even though I have no idea why. Beck and Oleg still have to have a first date at 65%, but they act as if they are already in a relationship.

What was also weird was that Beck kept something from Oleg and when Oleg found out the truth, it is told in one sentence.

In the quiet mome
Lena Grey
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan, earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow, in the bleak midwinter, long ago.” ~ Christina G. Rossetti, 1830-1894

For Beck Justice, of 'Falling Snow on Snow' by Lou Sylvre, music is the “medicine” that soothes his pain. It keeps him from giving up even when the world seems to be against him. December is Beck's worst month of the year. Seeing all the so-called joy of people around him only makes him more
Morgan  Skye
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, holiday, reviewed
This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I have to give her kudos for her elegant writing style and unique character choices.

Beck is a down on his luck Busker who is only just now making ends meet enough to live in an actual apartment after having lived – very roughly – on the streets for a few years. He’s got some baggage with past lovers and his family in addition to a hatred for the Holiday Season keeping him a bit depressed.

Oleg is another unique character. He’s from a large Russi
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
Its kinda hard for me to review this book. While I do enjoy Lou's Loving Luki Vasquez series, I hadn't read anything else by her. Her writing is so different then what I'm use to. Her words are very descriptive and some times her stories don't show the actions being done. I felt like this story was a tad convoluted. It had a lot going on, and I'm not 100% certain I like either MC together or apart.

I feel like when you introduce a character like Beck who has so much background story then we need
Annie
3.5 stars- beautifully written love story

Falling Snow on Snow is a sweet holiday romance about two lonely souls finding each other near Christmas. The characters sparked my interest from the start. Both Oleg and Beck had a complex backstory and it drew me in. I felt as though I knew the characters in a relatively short amount of time. However, I missed feeling a connection a little and I think it was only because the book was too brief to fully evolve. The romance and language Lou Sylvre uses e
Tena
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first by this author. There is something different, a good different, in the way this author writes. That I could "feel" the story is the best way I can explain it. Unless you read the story, these examples won't mean anything, but the fact that King Crow only has one leg, the way George comes up next to Beck in the marketplace, and the description of how John gets sick all evoked an emotion in me so strongly that I felt it had to be exactly what Beck felt in those moments. This ability and t ...more
Chad
Great story, wonderful storytelling and a storyline of romance and love. A must read!
Tori Thompson
5 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. This review was originally posted at Love Bytes Reviews, please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways!

Wow. This story is the perfect blending of a holiday romance, deep characters, a bit of darkness, and an authentic setting.

Beck Justice is just getting his life together after some time living on the streets of Seattle. He is a musician, a
Diverse
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is a holiday read that begins with a heavy blanket of angst. The sadness, I will say, stays through most of the story. The lift, the joy and comfort doesn’t rise until about the last 10% of the book.

I found this book to be majestic in its poetic writing. With the mingling of music and descriptive writing made this book quite beautiful. Beck, a musician who plays his guitar in the market, has had one heck of a rough life. It doesn’t get any better for him until Oleg enters it. His
Mtsnow13
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, contemporary, holiday
Falling, Snow on Snow

Oleg and Beck. If ever there is a story of deep love and loneliness, this one was it. I just finished it and have such a warm feeling, of being wrapped in a cozy fleece blanket with a loved one, sipping rich hot chocolate and smiling whimsically, cuddling. Hearth and home, and so much. With so little.

It is amazing to me in such a short little story, that two people so unalike yet the same could so closely not have met, or crossed paths. A look. A glance.

This story is the per
Natalie
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, dreamspinner
4.5 Stars. I first read Loving Luki Vasquez and immediately bought the rest of the series. So this book,was a one click for me. It was such a beautiful story. It did start on a very melancholy note (see what I did there?) as Beck is finally able to support himself by busking. He's trying to appreciate his blessings but December can be the loneliest month of all, for many people. It holds little charm for Beck as he's forced to play cheerful Christmas music instead of the older antique melodies h ...more
Jaymie
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, dsp, m-m
Unfortunately for me, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this story. This entire month has been filled with upbeat and sweet Christmas stories and it's kind of gone along with the season. I am generally all about the angst and the heartbreak, the struggle and tears. Somehow, though, it just seems to not quite fit with the mood as we countdown to Christmas. So having said that I realize that maybe my opinions may be a touch skewed.

Falling Snow on Snow was, in my opinion, simply depressing. The
Josy
Thank you, Cyber Momma!! This sounds awesome :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful, sad, melancholic, hopeful, poetic, emotional, with lots of Christmas spirit!

Beck is definitely a much better person than I will ever be.
Evette
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Falling Snow in Snow is a slice of life holiday novella. First we meet Beck, who is finally getting back on his feet. His back story, while unique to him, will ring familiar with many. He’s so grateful for the little he has, and has his routine. But now it is December, and he despises December. The author is able to make December appear as if the dark villain in this tale.

Oleg is so lonely in the midst of his huge family. He wants someone of his own, and when he sees Beck he finds someo
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Leider flach und uninspiriert. Kein Weihnachtsmärchen, das jetzt ans Herz geht und auch keine Geschichte, die jetzt Lust auf mehr machen würde.
Lada
Dec 23, 2016 added it
Shelves: not-for-me
Dropped at 33% because the pace was too slow for me and the MCs didn't interest me.
Simone
LDL
Jan 07, 2017
Hope
Nov 23, 2017
Oh, here I've been on Goodreads 3 years or so and have no profile! I live in Western Washington State now, but I was born and raised in Los Angeles County, CA (Redondo Beach, Long Beach, West Los Angeles, Inglewood, others.) Books took me so many place in my mind an heart when I was a child and teen, and I've never stopped reading and loving it. I write, too, in the M/M genre, and have currently f ...more