Start by marking “Mail Order Ruse (Kansas Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mail Order Ruse (Kansas Brides, #3)

Mail Order Ruse

(Kansas Brides #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Graham Easton sends for a mail order bride, but when she arrives, he changes the rules they’d agreed upon in their correspondence. Unknown to her is, he has an ulterior motive for bringing her to Hunter’s Grove. He stalls the nuptials by saying they need to get to know each other first, and invites her to live with his family in the meantime.
Grace Webster arrives to meet
Published November 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Mail Order Ruse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mail Order Ruse

Cynthia

This is the first book I have listened or read from this author. The author brings a lot to the table from an interesting read that has many twists and turns that you won’t see coming. It is a total different kind of read that will having you scratching your head at times wondering just what Graham has up his sleeve. He is playing a full hand holding his cards close to his chest. I am not sure I would have done as he did this could have went so bad so fast.

Ms. Boggs’s narration was good. There
Sharon
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Tangled Web

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. The story is definitely a tangled web when Graham asks Grace to be his betrothed and she moves west to marry him. But when she gets there things aren't as they seem. Graham wants to take time to get to know her and doesn't appear to be interested in marriage at all. And then there is his son, Chase, who is still grieving over his wife's death. And she's growing to love Grahams' daughter and grandchild who also live there
Elissa
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Narrator Reagan Boggs gets deeply involved in her characters as she vocalizes them; author Barbara Goss has again provided her interesting people to portray. In this standalone story our Baltimore orphan Mail Order Bride finds herself affianced to a man old enough to be her father, with overwhelming sorrow and grief preying on the household. Can her faith sustain her and help the father, son and daughter plus granddaughter move on with their lives? Well this is an HEA (Happily Ever After), after ...more
Janice Sisemore
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
Mail order ruse

Love the story of Grace and Chase. I listened to the audio version which the narrator did a very good job in bringing the characters to live. Chase is a widower with a young girl, his father brings Grace to town as a mail order bride but makes her think she is for him but really for Chase. I really enjoyed this book, whatever version you have you will enjoy it but the audio version is really good.
Debbie
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a ruse

Grace is in for a big surprise. A hard life she had led and now surprises are in store. A very good book with a twist for the bride to be as far as who her husband to be really is. Things are not always as they seem and this is one of those stories that keeps you guessing a bit. Very good reading. Thank you Barbara Goss for another great book to read.
Lea Kanae-Diocson
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating ruse

Okay, prepare to be so engrossed in this delightful story that you will find it nearly impossible to put it down.
Glaidene Ramsey
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Historical Western Romance

This story was a fun read for me. I enjoyed reading about The Kansas Bride. You will like this book very much!!!!!!
Liz Austin
In love with this Mail Order Bride Series!

It's no secret that Barbara Goss is one of my top favorite authors, I have yet to find one of her books that I didn't like. She is a top notch author who is truly a craftsman.. Err craftswoman, when it comes to words and storylines. I'm particularly enjoying her Mail Order Bride series. After reading Goss' Mail Order series, I've realized I've found yet another subgenre of the historical\western genre to enjoy. :)

Mail Order Ruse will keep you guessing a
Donna
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good
Izzie d
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's an okay read, lots of references to God and church, not really for me.
Betty Melton
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mail Order Ruse, Barbara Goss

Good book. Enjoyed it. Interesting plot. A little slower than this authors usual line. Not a lot if mystery that usually follows in her writing
Debra Reeves
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mail order ruse

Was a great book to read. How one man ordered a bride and never spends time with her. The father has his own son spending time with her.
Kathie Hamilton
Heidi Zolla
Mar 21, 2017
Zena
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love this type of story. So clever, so engrossing and so full of blossoming love.
The father sure was one very clever, loving and cunning individual. He had me puzzled and guessing with his strange moves.
All in all, a beautifully written love story by Barbara Goss and cleverly narrated by Reagan Boggs - love her voice acting. A great team bringing the reader/listener a real treat of a story.
The audiobook version was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost and this is my u
JanicePotts
Jun 12, 2018
April
Dec 27, 2016
ReadingWench
The twists and turns in this book were great! I never saw some of them coming, which made the book even more fantastic. I loved the characters as well. I though it was a well thought out and put together book. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Dawn O'Leary
Mee
Jul 29, 2017
AKA Barbara A. Masci & Barbara Masci-Goss

From Kindle Author Page:

Barbara Masci Goss is now just Barbara Goss. I live in Western New York State and have three grown sons, two step daughters and 10 grandchildren. I wrote my books in the early '90's and now that I'm retired I have obtained the book rights and am converting them to Kindle. That's exciting for me because I don't read paper books at

Kansas Brides (3 books)
  • Mail Order Mishap (Kansas Brides, #1)
  • Mail Order Vixen (Kansas Brides, #2)