Start by marking “That Moment When” as Want to Read:
That Moment When

That Moment When

Have you ever reached a moment in your life when everything changed? A point of no return, an event or discovery so momentous it changed everything you thought you knew about the world, and yourself?

"That Moment When" is filled with exactly these kinds of moments. Inside you'll see a wide variety of fascinating stories from all of your favorite genres--from fantasy and p
Published November 23rd 2016 by AAYAA

To ask other readers questions about That Moment When, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Moment When

Start your review of That Moment When
TL
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to TL by: random find on Amazon
*May change rating*

Rating reflects overall impressions of the collection, if you want to know my ratings and thoughts on each one.. you can check my status updates :) Lazy? Maybe but I don't have the energy to copy and paste each one (Rated as I went and didn't save anything in Wordpad).

In any anthology, there's a "risk" (for lack of a better term) of some or lots of the stories being duds/stinkers/misses. Especially in ones with different genres, not everyone has the same tastes and while that
Angel Leya
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Everyone
First off, I am one of the many authors in this book, so I'm basing my review on everyone else's stuff.

But holy cow! I've read anthologies before, and they're good. Some stories are better than others, and sometimes I don't connect with the writing or the story or whatever. But this collection is dynamic. The paranormal stuff is fascinating, the horror/thriller stuff is chilling, the fantasy stuff is magical, and nearly every story was a home run for me. I think there was two, maybe three storie
N.N. Light
I'm a big fan of Young Adult and when I picked this anthology up, I was super-excited. Imagine 40 fantastic YA stories all dealing with life-changing moments. You know, when a person or event changes your view on life forever and you are never the same? Surprisingly, I loved all the stories. That's hard to do nowadays. My favorite one has got to be "More Than A Crush" by Kat Stiles. Superb writing, all around, and highly recommend!

My Rating: 5 stars
S. McPherson
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As I have a story in this anthology, I would just like to say I am basing my review on the many other shorts that are featured. Many were breath-taking, gripping and full of suspense and intrigue :)
Yulande Lindsay
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Much better than I thought it would be. Some interesting stories here.
Roxanne
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
That Moment When… An Anthology of YA Authors is a collection of forty short stories and teasers from a variety of young adult authors. The book is divided into sections: Paranormal and Urban Fantasy, Science Fiction, Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy, Thriller and Horror, and Speculative. The stories were fascinating—I had a hard time putting the book down—and were good examples of what each author had to offer.

It wasn’t easy to narrow down my favorites out of all the displayed talent. Her
Amy
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun set of stories to read! Each story unique in it's own way and all of them holds your attention and captivate you then they leave you wanting much more!!! Very awesome!
Edward
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
More good stories than poor ones

Almost half of the stories in this anthology are really good. Very few are "poor", (none are really "bad"). Some of the ones I disliked most are stories that get to an interesting part and then, instead of explaining what happens, they say (sometimes in just these words), " To find out what happens, buy the book!" I expect to have some suspense about what happens to the characters after the end of a good short story, but I hate feeling like it cut off in the middl
Erin Penn
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This collection of over 40 stories has an amazing level of quality, irrespective of the majority of stories being Young Adult (YA). Nearly all of the stories are complete stand-alones, but showcase the author's skill in a manner you immediately want to run out and buy the novel the short story is connected to. Which leads me to my only complaint, about half of the "connected stories" are to be published in first half of 2017 (reading this the first week of 2017) which makes crawling the web to g ...more
Melissa (missy)
16.The End, Melissa Algood
17.Sand
Caroline Heyworth
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were so many good stories in That Moment When that I have trouble focusing on just one for the purposes of my review. There were several strong characters. I especially enjoyed the myths and world building I encountered in each work. Some plot lines were easier to predict due to the type of story being told. The villains though complex remained overall despicable, and the heroes/heroines struggled with their flaws, but ultimately made the best of very harsh situations. Most ended happily f ...more
Jessica Donegan
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It's very hard to review a book of short stories by so many different authors. Some of them were excellent, some of them were ok, and others were terrible. Something that was particularly maddening was the excerpts some authors chose to provide instead of short stories. With one exception, I was very annoyed/angered by the whole presentation of random excerpts of stories. They don't tell a complete story and only exist to try and get you to purchase a novel. I made note of those authors so that ...more
Topsues
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am leaving this review for the Novella called When I Find you, by Norma Hinkens. I was very impressed with this story. It engaged me from the very beginning and didn't let me free until the last word. At first I wasnt sure what to expect or what actually was going to happen, as i felt surely this must be a full novel. The main character was so strong in the story, that I held my breath, when she held hers. For a Novella, it was packed with intrigue, suspense, mystery, realism and a world with ...more
Sharkie
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I FINISHED IT

This book has been my go-to, stuck with my phone and nothing to do book for the past 2 years.

The amount of stories, varying it genre and type, we're perfect 10 minute bites. Some were better than others, some were downright meh, and some convinced me to buy the entire book.

I think it did it's job soundly! And now I need to find another book of short stories for my go-to book...
Julie Stafford
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

A Great Sampler of Authors!!

This book is excellent if you are looking for new authors. I found that all of the stories were very good. Of course some were better than others but you got a good sample of YA paranormal, dystopian, science fiction, urban fantasy, horror and others. My favorite was by Jackson Dean Chase , Second Chances. If your looking for new authors this is the book for you.
Qat Wanders
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really great read. Of course, not all the stories held my interest, but that’s because I don’t read all the genres in there. And that will be the case with anyone. But it’s a great way to discover new authors and get really excited about some new books.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Host of wonderful reads that gave me a little something different with each new story. I have fun getting to know new authors and spending time with my daughter. We both enjoyed the mix of genres offered and the excitement in not knowing what the read was all about before we began it.
sherry young
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I love reading

Although this was not my cup of tea.It had a few short stories I liked.My advice to the authors is to keep on trucking.Thank you all.
Christina
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic collection of short stories and taster chapters of various sub-genres of YA - not to be missed for anyone who likes YA fiction!
Coco.V
Feb 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/14/2020)! 🎁
Kristi
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think my favorite thing about this collection of stories was that there was never a point that I grew tired of a character or felt myself skimming through to get to a "good part."
Talie Hawkins
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That moment when....you find a book of short stories and each one is a hit?! Yaaasss!
Jackie
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Loved each and every story. With so many different authors, that’s not an easy feat. A shame to miss out on this collection.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
could have sworn rated this, did on amazon, but anthology, short story type, get to read various and new authors possibly, liked it
Nunie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, freebies
I don't read anthologies usually but this one featured an author I'm beta-reading for so I went for it. I was pleasantly surprised and discovered authors I might check out in the future. I can't say I liked all the short stories but some made me really eager to discover more of their universe.
Sabrina
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
As usual I got this collection for one or two short stories from authors I love, but I found lots more to go after. There are lots of stories here and quite a few made me want to read more from the authors. A few new favourites!
Shaiel
Sasha Mckenzie
Apr 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add me to this anthology 3 19 Nov 28, 2016 06:38AM

• Prom Impossible (Prom Impossible, #1)
  • Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse  (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • Little Girl Lost (A Riveting Kidnapping Mystery #0)
  • Death by Chocolate
  • Killer Christmas (An Emma Wild Holiday Mystery #1)
  • Brownies & Betrayal (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #1)
  • Sweets & a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries, #1)
  • The Second Window (The Window #1)
  • The Perfect Roommate
  • Happiness 365: One-a-Day Inspirational Quotes for a Happy YOU (The Happiness 365 Inspirational Series Book 1)
  • 21 Dares
  • London's Fall
  • Right Here Right Now
  • A Walker Saga Complete Boxed Set: Books 1-7
  • Where Lore Resides: A Young Adult & New Adult Fantasy Anthology
  • The Last Free Man
  • The Watcher's Daughter (Mythos of Cimme, #1)
  • All These Shiny Worlds: The 2016 ImmerseOrDie Anthology