Start by marking “Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)” as Want to Read:
Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)

Borrowing Blue

(Made Marian #1)

Blue: When my ex walks into the resort bar with his new husband on his arm, I want nothing more than to prove to him that I've moved on. Thankfully, the sexy stranger sitting next to me is more than willing to share a few kisses in the name of revenge. It gets even better when those scorching kisses turn into a night of fiery passion.

The only problem? Turns out the strange
Published November 23rd 2016

Win a Copy of This Book

• Borrowing Blue by Lucy Lennox
    Borrowing Blue (Made Marian #1)
    Release date: Nov 23, 2016
    Enter for a chance to win one of 50 copies of Borrowing Blue, the first book in the bestselling Made Marian series!

This gay romance takes place durin

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 538 people requesting

Giveaway dates: May 17 - Jun 14, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Borrowing Blue, please sign up.
    This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
    Jennifer Slusher
    This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)
    ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
    Borrowing Blue was vaguely enjoyable and sexy, but way OTT on the family drama. The plot was weak and consisted of extramarital affairs, homophobic brothers, vengeful exes, and Blue running (and I don't mean metaphorically; he would literally take off jogging) away every time his lil' ol' feelings got hurt.

So many things just didn't make sense:

Why did Sheila want to get back together with Tristan if she was really in love with John?

Why is Simone marrying a homophobe when she has gay brothers?
    ☆ Todd
    Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

This story worked pretty well for me. Mostly.

Pros:

▶ I loved the humor
    , which was pretty constant throughout.

▶ There were a decent number of feels.

Blue's family was really great and accepting.

"Blue's bells." *swoon*

Neutrals:

▶ This book had tons of family drama, mostly from Tristan's side of the family, but I was oddly okay with that, since the author didn't wallow and wallow in a cesspool. Events happened, then you just sort of moved along.

▶ I think the resolution at the end was
    Gigi
    Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
    This is author Lucy Lennox's first book and she did a nice job! The sex was great, the angst was low and the boys were adorable. My one complaint is that it dragged a bit towards the end and I skimmed a few sex scenes. It could have been about 4 chapters shorter. The last 75% of the book felt like filler.

But I encourage M/M romance fans to give this one a try! Sometimes good old-fashion hot sex is just what the doctor ordered.
    Deborah
    Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is a beautiful, sweet yet hot and sexy read.
    Blue is still getting over being dumped by his ex when he has to attend the week long festivities leading up to his sisters wedding. He knows his ex will be there but he's not prepared to see him walk in with what looks to be his new incredibly young hot husband. The only thing keeping him sane is the absolutely gorgeous man next to him at the bar, the man in question is Tristan and apart from the fact that he's obviously straight he seems perfec
    Shin Mon Thway
    Wow .. I'm sooo glad that I gave this book a shot. I'm the kind of gal who always reads lots of reviews before I start reading a book because I really really hate not finishing books. There is one friend of mine that I really really respect and usually whenever she gives 5 stars to books, I make sure to read them and when she gave 2 stars or lower, I skip those books. She only gave two stars to this novel so I was really skeptical about starting this series but I saw some of my other friends gav ...more
    *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
    3.5 Stars!

This one was pretty good. I'm always a little scared with a new author. But it was on Kindle Unlimited and the blurb intrigued me.

And overall it was pretty good. The writing was good.

There wasn't too much to the story, just what the blurb says. Tristan jumping in to "save" Blue at the family wedding from his ex. The rest of the story is their time at the Vineyard leading up to the wedding.

There was some cheesy dialogue here and there. A few times I had to roll my eyes, but overall I
    Steelwhisper
    There will be spoilers below...

This book features

271 fuck and derivatives
    89 ass
    84 shit
    41 damn
    32 assorted vulgarities (bitch, slut, etc.)

and that's only the ones I looked for. In short, these two guys are pottymouthed like giggling teenagers, and just as attractive (not).

Indeed, the "teenager" verdict stays with this book, for the author's narrative and prose as much as for the characters. It's childish, super-melodramatic, it's clearly written by a female author trying hard, but never succeedin
    Denise H.
    *** I loved everything about this amazing book, and the author's writing !
    This is a wonderful tale of true love, found by destiny at a wedding week.
    Blue, 32, a graphics design expert, was sitting at the Vineyard bar,

when his ex strolled in with someone new. The man sitting next to Blue noticed Blue's reaction and decided to help out. He'd kissed men before, so he kissed Blue. Blue was stunned by this beautiful man with dark hair and gray eyes, and a dimple. Tristan, 34, 6'2", a lawyer and own
    * A Reader Obsessed *
    4 Stars

Surprisingly thoroughly enjoyable, this formula would typically not work out so well for my jaded heart, but for some reason (perhaps buoyed by the enthusiastic narration by Michael Pauley) this was a really sexy and delicious over the top romp!

Our protagonist Blue, serendipitously meets up with a beautiful stranger at the weekend getaway for his sister’s wedding. What Blue doesn’t realize is that the sexy guy he’s flirting with is none other than his future brother in law, Tristan. Spark
    Jennifer☠Pher☠
    Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
    This was pretty delightful.

It was easy, it was fun, it was very lighthearted and my oh my was it sexy.

I enjoyed myself pretty much the entire read.

Off to read the next one!

Erth
    Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    So I don't have the words to express just how much I loved this book. I started reading this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review. By 40% I had to own this book for my Amazon library. I hope and pray I can get the next book as an arc too just so I can read it that much sooner because rest assured I'm still going to purchase that one too. Lucy Lennox is now a definite one-click author for me. I'm still smiling and believe me that says a lot because my life is one big clusterfail right ...more
    Dia
    🎄4 stars! Really liked this one! 🎄
    This book was free on Amazon and has a pretty good rating on GR, so I said I could give it a try.
    It's my first book by this author but I really enjoyed the writing! The story was pretty engaging. I was super curious about all the drama surrounding the Marian family! So many brothers and sisters. A wedding, then some pretty nasty homophobic remarks...Ugh! But what won me here would be Tristan. The perfect boyfriend!!! He was supposed to be straight, but he chose
    Wendy

I enjoyed this story way more than I expected. It was funny, sweet, uncomplicated, steamy and at times a bit cheesy. It has some angst, but not much and most of that angst is caused by other characters. It wasn't a very deep storyline and not a whole lot happens, yet I didn't get bored. It just made me feel really good.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor good feelings + gif

Blue and and Tristan meet, when Bleu is sitting at a bar at the Vinyard, where his sister will be marrying in a week. When Blue's ex walks in with his new boytoy, Bue isn't re
    Susan
    Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: mm
    What a pleasant read. I just love it when the men in my book talk to each other, not hide their feelings.

This was written with a lot of humor. This book was not trying to be overly funny, but its subtle humor was therefore even more enjoyable.

Blue (real name Bartholomew, I like Blue way better) just arrived at a vineyard for his sister’s wedding when he spots his ex at the bar, kissing his new boyfriend. Blue has no idea how to deal with his ex and he tells this to the stranger sitting next to h
    Shile
    I can't believe i actually enjoyed this book.. I listened to the audio version and the narrator did a great job.. 5 stars for Michael Pauley. The story was funny i was smiling and laughing hard, it was sweet, really steamy and at times a bit cheesy.

The book had OTT drama, did a care? nope i was so hooked on Tristan and Blue, they were so cute together that i did not even mind their insta-Love .

Janie
    I loved this book from the first page to the very last. This book has it all. Family, lol moments, little bits of drama, and an amazing love story that felt totally real. Tristan and Blue were soul mates for sure. With a cast of quirky secondary characters, I can't wait to read the next. It's my understanding that this is the author's debut novel which absolutely blows me away. What a talent she is.

One of the things I loved was that Tristan and Blue each had reasons to shy away from their attra
    Meags
    4.5 Stars

I fricken loved this!

Firstly, I have some serious cover-lust going on where this series is concerned. Talk about PRETTY!

Secondly, this is exactly the kind of GFY/OFY story I like to get my claws into. At first I worried it would be a little heavy on the gay-for-you themes, but that shit was pushed aside when Tristan quickly admitted that he'd just been suppressing his sexuality because of a bad experience in his younger years. I felt sorry for the guy, but I was so proud of how he embr
    Christelle
    3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars, because it fitted the mood I’m in at the moment : it’s sweet, low-angst, plenty of banter, a crazy family (9 brothers and sisters – that will make for a lot of other books in this series).
    A bit OTT and with some eye-rolling because of all the “ex” but not enough to annoy me. The feels aplenty, the lovable MCs and the hotness made up for it. An enjoyable read.
    Ami
    Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
    This book made me so happy!
    Sometimes I crave a super low angst/sexy as fuck/light, love and romance book and this book is everything.
    Blue and Tristan are lovely together. Sure, the premise and circumstances are far fetched and silly at times but I do not care. I smiled The whole time.
    And the sex....just take my word for it.....it's not kinky or filthy but it WORKS!
    Renée
    ~3.5 stars!~

I ended up enjoying this new-to-me author more than I thought I would. Blue and Tristan meet at their siblings' wedding to each other, and it's instant connection and chemistry.

The beginning was a bit rocky for me. Tristan is straight, or at least has always identified that way. But what starts out as lending a new friend a helping hand by kissing him in front of his ex to show the ex that Blue is just fine without him......winds up being a little more scorching hot than either of t
    Chris
    Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
    Shelves: lgbtq
    Not sure how to feel about this - I liked it but didn't love it. While Tristan & Blue were a warm pair, I couldn't find that sizzle or heat from them. I didn't like Tristan's brother or his family and Aunt Tillie & granny who were supposed to be funny were really just obnoxious!
    The storyline had great promise but it just felt like it was all over the place
    A.P. Moraez
    Jan 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
    It's two in the morning and I'm sitting here in bed thinking on how I can explain how bad this book is without sounding like a complete asshole. It's hard.

I had high hopes for this. The cover was beautiful, the reviews were great and the blurb sounded promising. I was born in a town colonized by Italians, so the whole vineyard thing called to me in a flash. Romance and wine: how could this possibly go wrong?

Well, the amateurish writing made it wrong. There's no subtler way to say this. The feeli
    Elsbeth

I may have this new guilty pleasure reading disorder!!
    Gimme more of those Marian boys!!!

description

This was sweet, sexy and funny. Just a perfect read for this weekend.

I'm off to reading about Jamie, the 2nd Marian boy. I sure hope Ms Lennox will keep those boys coming..

description

Hirdesh
    Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
    .5 stars for writer for great writing.
    It seems as factual description of a story.
    Great ways which leading to flow of emotions between two of them.
    Thanks Martin for recommendation.
    I didn't read much M/M.
    But I like the book.
    Nazanin
    Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
    DNF at 40%.
    Insta-love, first straight, then bisexual then suddenly gay, could not get into sex scenes, boring, author using French with mistakes, and so on.
    BWT (Belen)

I was utterly charmed by both the story and the narration. I liked both Blue and Tristan very much. I loved that even though this is a super fast insta-love sort of story, I totally bought into it.
    A thousand tiny bells started tinkling in my stomach the same way they did the night we first met and every other time I set eyes on Tristan Alexander. I was such a goner and had known it from the beginning.

But, most of all, I absolutely adored Michael Pauley's narration. Terrific character voices
    Ula'ndi Hart
    Overall book rating: 4
    Audio Book: Michael Pauley – 4.5
    Book Cover: 4.5

I did the audio on this one and I’m greatly convinced that it’s one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. I swear I could listen to Tristan all day.

About the story: I don’t really care how many times it’s been done. I still enjoy the meet a stranger in a bar thing when it’s done right and this one I enjoyed.

I just loved Tristan. Right from the start. I fell head over heels for him and his ‘easy’ way of handling things. I loved
    DW
    Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: made-marian-mm
    Tristan and Blue were adorable. I thought that they had a sweet relationship.
    Lyndy Ann ♫
    Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
    After reading Made Mine a collaboration between Sloane Kennedy and Lucy Lennox I was curious about the Made Marian series so I gave Borrowing Blue the first book in the series a try.

I had a feeling going in that Lucy Lennox was going to be too sweet for me after binge reading Sloane Kennedy who tends to be darker and I was correct.

I felt no connection to Blue and Tristan and seriously they were calling each other baby in less than a day and had sex twice, and too many family members early on I w

• Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
    • Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
    • Absolution (The Protectors, #1)
    • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
    • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
    • Retribution (The Protectors, #3)
    • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
    • A Protectors Family Christmas (The Protectors, #5.5)
    • Atonement (The Protectors, #6)
    • Vengeance (The Protectors, #5)
    • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
    • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
    • Defiance (The Protectors, #9)
    • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
    • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
    • Pop Star (Famous #1)
    • Redemption (The Protectors, #8)
    I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Made Marian (9 books)
    • Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
    • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
    • Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4)
    • Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)
    • Delivering Dante (Made Marian, #6)
    • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
    • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
    • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)

News & Interviews

“Before I met you, I thought love was a nice, steady flame based on companionship and shared history. I was so wrong, Blue. Love is a fucking inferno that ignites when you least expect it and lights you up inside. Now that I have it, I won’t let it go out without a fight.” 5 likes
    “Don’t make me tattoo your ass before sending you off. Because I’ll do it. Big ol’ tramp stamp in Comic Sans that says ‘Tristan Wuz Here’ with an arrow pointing down.”
    I snorted. “Oh my god, that’s heinous. I don’t know where to even begin. Comic Sans? Surely you jest. Do you know who you’re talking to?”
    “Not only that, but I’ll bribe the tattoo artist extra to make sure it’s a little off center and the word ‘here’ is spelled h-e-a-r just for good measure.”
    “Fuck you. Now I’m going to develop a tic just thinking about it.”
    1 likes