Start by marking “Love's Shadow (Brothers Maledetti #2)” as Want to Read:
Love's Shadow (Brothers Maledetti #2)

Love's Shadow

(Brothers Maledetti #2)

**A WHITNEY AWARD FINALIST 2016**

Branwell D’Angelo . . .
Six years ago, I fell in love with Lucy—my brother’s girlfriend. Stupid of me, I know, but sometimes the heart doesn’t listen to reason.
Six years, I’ve lived on the sidelines. Seeing him love her, be with her, bask in her sunshine . . .
I watched her break his heart and then cleaned up the shattered pieces of him s
Published November 23rd 2016 by Fiorenza Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Love's Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Shadow

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
The first book in the series, Gladly Beyond, was pretty amazing and made my list for favorites of 2016. This second book did not disappoint and I loved it just as much! Full of emotion, heartache, love, and hope, it brings out all the feels and I shed a few tears while reading. I loved the connection between Bran and Lucy, despite both of them thinking they harbored an unrequited love for each other. There are so many fun quirky details that really make their relationship come to life. The paran ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Once again, totally unique and enjoyable story. I'm really enjoying the D'Angelo family!! I did enjoy this one more than the first book, had a harder time putting it down.

What I liked:

Started off with a bang! Great start, really got sucked in wondering what was happening! Also liked the whole drama of falling for your brothers girlfriend! Yikes, what a predicament! It was interesting learning more about the D'Angelo curse. The end was also fun, unexpected and a good set-up for the next book, wh
Lucinda
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read it from one day to the next.

I love, love, love the Italian setting, and Firenze, and the other towns, and everything Italian. The author is so lucky to have spent time there. She can truly capture it so well.

This family is growing on me. The brothers and sister, the mother and grandma—they're all awesome.

Now about this story. Branwell and Lucy. So much history between them and a lot of pain in it. For the love of another they give up their love for each other, but then love brings the
Kathy Jo
Six years. It has been six years since Lucy and Branwell met and fell in love. But theirs is not a happy story. Their story is filled with heartache and pain. You see, their love can never be. There is someone who stands in their way. Tennyson, Branwell's brother and Lucy's ex-boyfriend. Their love is forbidden. No one, including each other, can ever know how deep their feelings run. Branwell is fiercely loyal to Tennyson and Lucy would never dream of coming in between the two brothers.

Locking
Katie W
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately captivated by this story, and it does stand alone. Each of these Maledetti triplets has a gift (GUT) that adds an interesting paranormal element to the plot and I loved watching their gifts come to light.

Branwell has been in love with his brother's girlfriend, Lucy, for years and although they are no longer together, family comes first. He's extremely loyal and has the self-restraint of a saint, which leads to some fiery chemistry between the two of them when his brother asks
Julie Carpenter
WOW!!!! That's not sufficient enough for this book but those are my thoughts/feelings after finishing it....WOW!!!!!

I'm sure anyone reading this review can tell from my opening that I absolutely loved it! It was a page turner and hard to put down. There are 47 chapters but many of those were super short. This is book two in the Brother's Maledetti series. The first book was Gladly Beyond. While I enjoyed the first book, I feel that this second book far outshines the first book. Gladly Beyond doe
Annette
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Debated between giving it 4 and 5 stars. It's probably a 4 1/2. Loved the romantic tension, the conflict and the mystery. Excited for her next one in the series.
Kim
It is hard to put this novel and series into one genre. They are clean paranormal suspense mystery thrillers with seemly impossible tragic star crossed romances. For a reader who normally doesn’t read these types of titles I am loving this series and the Maledetti family and Italian setting. I really have enjoyed that Nichole Van has with this series took a tired literary trope of paranormal romance that is normally filled with vampires, shape shifters, and paranormal powered irresponsible adole ...more
Charissa
This is book 2 in the Brothers Maledetti series. It features Branwell, Dante’s identical twin (from book 1). When he meets Lucy in a café in Portland, it is a lightning strike. Love at first site. He knows she’s the woman he will someday marry…as soon as he gets to know her. His special paranormal gift/curse handed down to first son’s in the Maledetti line is hearing things from the past when he touches things. When he gets Lucy’s card before she leaves, he hears her talking to a boyfriend, and ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***4.5 stars***

I didn't realize that this was the second book in a series. I didn't feel lost in the story, but I think I could have benefited by reading this book after the first.

This was a very interesting book. I was pulled in right from the start. It was easy to get caught up in the characters and the plot. The characters are relatable. They are well written and genuinely good people. It was easy to like them.

The book has a paranormal plot. The triplet brothers have psychic abilities that he
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Loved this one! There are so many fantastic elements- mysterious supernatural romantic elements. The characters are awesome. Love this series! I can't wait for the next one. Waiting=Torture.

Content: mild swearing
Kelly
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, paranormal
It's a forbidden love that keeps Branwell and Lucy apart for many years. Lucy was dating Branwell's brother but when he proposed Lucy couldn't accept and broke the relationship off. She was in love with Branwell. Branwell loved Lucy the moment they met but neither knew how the other felt.

Lucy needs the D'Angelo brothers help to find her niece that just up and disappeared. They have a passed down paranormal gift. They are triplets and the gift/curse split between the three. Now the gift is morphi
Deborah
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book really did suck me in. I enjoyed that it was different then anything I had read for a while. He had a lot of fantasy type elements which surprised me since I didn’t read the first book in this series. It wasn’t my “perfect” book but I still enjoyed it and the romance.
Karlene Browning
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First book I've read by this author and it's #2 in the series. I need to go back and read #1. And all her others. Great writing, intriguing plot. 4 1/2 stars.
Melissa
I never like a second book more then the first. This author has done something very few can do, make an awesome second book. I enjoyed and ate up this book. I love the way the men in this family love. Wow. What a completely different idea and story line then the first book. I have already preordered the third. I am excited to see how this series plays out and I want more of this family. These are clean well written romance paranormal books.
Alysia
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor Branwell!!! Story of a hopeless love story doomed from the beginning. I actually liked how Nichole Van jumped from past to present throughout the story. It made me feel like I was in on a secret vantage point that nobody else knew (except Branwell and Lucy, that is). Was totally cheering for this to all work out. Great read (once again, wish there wasn't the language though). I really found myself wanting to go buy some T-shirts with funny sayings on them. They made me giggle.
Paula Bothwell
Love's Shadow (Brothers Maledetti #2) - PG13
Violence: moments of peril
Language: fewer than 30
Sex: no sex

Let me preface this by saying paranormal is NOT my jam, but I am so hooked on these enigmatic brothers and their "GUTs" I can't stop reading. I love the red herrings thrown throughout the book. They make it even more fun to try to figure out what's happening.
Sam B
I received this ebook through ebooksforreview.

This is the second book in the Brothers Maledetti series and what a fascinating sequel to Gladly Beyond!
I loved getting to know Brandwell better. Each brother is so different and with his own distinct GUT. I also appreciated seeing more of Tennyson.

The story was more intense than in the first novel. First, Lucy's niece disappear and then there's all this GUT morphing and strange things happening... I just couldn't stop reading.
This one is also heavi
iamnotabookworm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those reviews that were due last week. Finally, I am able to slowly catch up with my overdue reviews. It was sad to not be able to do my book reviews and post on Instagram. I hope I won't get the flu ever and the laptop would not go crazy again. Well, it's still with the technician so it still to be determined. I am using the other laptop which is painstakingly slow compared to the other one. Better than no computer at all.

Love's Shadow is a very good surprise. I am so in love wit
Karen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to read this book since I've loved the other book I read by this author. I picked it up to read on a day I was off work sick. This was a good idea since it was a hard book to put down. Reading it helped take my mind off how I was feeling. I loved the page design. I found the magic in this book very interesting. And this book has excellent characters and a fabulous story. Already, two days later, I want to go back and reread my favorite parts of the book. I also want to read the fir ...more
Cathy
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whitney-2017
Wow, this is the first book I've read by Nichole Van. I have no idea why I've never read her books before, but I can guarantee that it won't be the last. I loved this book, it was amazing!

I loved the way it has both flashbacks and current day parts. It was helpful to be able to know the background story between Lucy and Branwell and Tennyson.

When Branwell first met Lucy, six years before, it was love at first sight...and then he realized that she was his triplet brother Tennyson's new girlfriend
Alisa
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
It took me a little bit to get into this story, but then I didn't want to put it down! Branwell D'Angelo met Lucy six years ago when she was dating his brother, Tennyson. Even though Branwell fell in love with her right away (before he knew she was his brother's girlfriend), he knew he would always choose his brother's life over Lucy's love. For six years he has loved Lucy and watched her with his brother, and then watched her break his brother's heart when she walked away... all while his own h ...more
Susan K
Romance, clean
This was a lovely romantic read, the supernatural elements, the mystery, the disappearance, the family history and mystical elements all combined to make a lovely read. I couldn't stop reading at the end, dying to see how it would turn out.
Lucy and Bran's story was achingly poignant, tremulous, sad, and hopeful at the same time. I can't wait to read the other stories as they come out! Still want to hear Tennyson's story. I love how the GUT's have changed and evolved. Loved the myst
Jennifer Jenkins
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All the stars for this delicious new book from Nichole Van. Love's Shadow, like the first Brothers Maledetti book, is set in Florence, Italy. I've read all of the author's House of Oak series and really enjoyed them, but I feel as though the writing, the romance, and the overall plot of this new series is far superior. Satisfyingly unpredictable. Romance readers will not be disappointed!
LadyTechie
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Brother's Maledetti is a totally engrossing series that I am loving every moment that I spend with it. I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review from EbooksForReview.com which I always love participating in whenever I can. Love's Shadow is the second book and is Branwell and Lucy's story. Branwell, Dante and Tennyson are triplets and they have been handed what some might think is a raw deal in the form of a curse. Each of them has a different "gift" and I use that term loosely. ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-stars
I think Branwell is a more believable character than Dante (the main brother character in the first book) and therefore I'm head-over-heels for him. Swoon.

Rather than soul/reincarnation time traveling, as in the first novel in the series, this book centers around a family mystery and a bit of heartbreaking family drama. The characters felt real and as if they were based on people the author knows, a major draw for me whenever I read and judge a book.

(view spoiler)
MJSH
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Wow. Wow.
This is the first book by Nichole Van I have read. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the paranormal. I never got into the vampire, werewolf, or shape-shifter books. I did enjoy Marvel superheroes (still do) and X-files when I was younger. If you're like me, you will thoroughly enjoy this book.

The book combines the supernatural world and powers with a good dose of clean but heart-stopping romance (and a love triangle), fierce loyalty and love for family, mystery and intrigue, suspens
Janine
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branwell's story was so very sweet and suspenseful. Well edited - a few missing words stood out.

Branwell met Lucy and lightning struck - for both of them. Unfortunately, Lucy was already dating Tennyson - Branwell's triplet. Years of longing on both parts slowly move along. Then, tragedy strikes. Lucy is babysitting her young niece in Prato, when the niece disappears. Tennyson sends Branwell to offer the assistance of the D'Angelo family. Where is Grace? As Branwell and Lucy search, the mystery
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved getting to know Branwell so much more in this book. After reading the first book in this series, I wondered what kind of girl would mesh well with him. I think Lucy was a lovable, eccentric, effervescent girl. I can totally see why the two other brothers both loved her and why she would be a better fit for Branwell. It does leave me interested to see Tennyson's story and what girl is able to help and complete him.
I thought the paranormal aspects of this story are kinda wacky. It is hard
LuckyCharmont
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, this is another original and creative story. I liked it just as much the previous book in this series. However there were just a few technical things I didn't like, such as:
1) The phrase "A beat." It was way overused
2) Sentences. Like. This. Got. Really. Old.
3) The combinationofmanywordsintooneword.

Those three tactics were also part of the previous story, and they didn't bother me as much because I thought they were mannerisms of Clair from Gladly Beyond. But when they were implemented f
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Hallows' Eve
  • Dreaming of Ivy (Love and Flowers Trilogy, #2)
  • The Boardwalk Antiques Shop (A Tangerine Street Romance, #2)
  • She Owns the Knight
  • Royal Brides (Royal, #3)
  • Dangerous Favor (Poitevin Hearts, #3)
  • Miss Chartley's Guided Tour
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • The Land Uncharted (Uncharted, #1)
  • Spirit of the Knight
  • Miss Whitaker Opens Her Heart
  • Operation Kiss the Girl (Snow Valley Romance)
  • Heartland
  • Yesterday's Promise (Hearthfire Scottish Historical, #1)
  • Shattered Moments (Hands of Time #5)
  • Wildflowers and Kisses: A love story

Brothers Maledetti (4 books)
  • Gladly Beyond (Brothers Maledetti #1)
  • Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti #3)
  • A Madness Most Discreet (Brothers Maledetti #4)