Start by marking “Seven Trees of Stone” as Want to Read:
Seven Trees of Stone

Seven Trees of Stone

(13 Days of Midnight #3)

Just when Luke thinks he’s left Deadside—and Dunbarrow—behind, he finds himself back where it all started as the two worlds violently collide in a riveting finale.

Now that last year’s nightmare is in the past, Luke and Elza have started college, and Luke’s mum has moved on, too, with a new boyfriend named Darren. Life is returning to something like normal — until Luke and
Hardcover
Published August 15th 2017 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Seven Trees of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Trees of Stone

Glen
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this novel in a goodreads drawing.

A bunch of yobbos go out into the woods, and try to deal with the devil.

Not bad. Some really creepy moments, the quiet horror before it really gets going.
Sophie
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-teenage-books
An epic ending to this brilliant series. Deeply dark and twisted in a wonderfully original way. I thoroughly enjoyed them and would recommend to all fans of YA horror and fantasy.
Christine Ditzel
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-read
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book and finished it in one day - it was an enthralling finale to the trilogy. Questions I didn't even realize I had were answered and I enjoyed seeing more of characters that had been part of Luke's life before he inherited his father's Host. I am going to miss this world Leo Hunt has created, it's been an incredible journey!
Betty
Please keep in mind that this review is written from an Advance Reading Copy and is not the final product.

A fantasy and an incredible adventure for teens and young adults (as well as this grandmother!)
A couple of young college students are about to witness an extremely unusual event. Will they survive it? First there were the White Swans, hundreds, thousands or more, where did they all come from and what are they trying to do? Not only that but later, where did they go? Very peculiar, at some
Yami
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
what is cool about this trilogy that it jump into action very fast, and in this one it was not an exception, that plot is interesting and all, and it has good twists, but I have a problem with the ending, the idea in itself is cool, but it some how weakened the novel, it was rushed in the end , and was too happy for me, especially regarding Luke (view spoiler) ...more
Bobbie
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal
What an astonishingly good ending to a deeply interesting and exciting series. This series is one of the better things that Netgalley has given me, and one that I am truly grateful for. It started with a 'oh that might be interesting' and ended with 'this series has me in its thrall and I can't let go'. There's so much believable magic going on in here that it makes me a little bit nervous, but in a good way. Put together a reluctant necromancer who's seen more beyond this world than he should h ...more
Shannon Kernan
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you like the supernatural/horror genre, this book series is for you! I read this to review for a group (it's the third in the trilogy) and I felt there was enough background given to enjoy the novel, although I looked up a summary of the other two. It was so engaging, creepy, and fun. Hunt does a great job with his descriptive writing and plot. As a horror fan, I always worry that it will come off as cheesy, but that wasn't the case at all. I enjoyed this one so much I plan on going back and ...more
Deb Jacobs
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I had bought both 8 Rivers and this, because I was desperate to dive straight into the last in the trilogy as soon as I'd finished the second book.

It's written in the same first person style that many YA books share, which lends it an immediacy and also a sense of real involvement in the story: the reader discovers things only when Luke does. This makes for some palpable tension, particularly when you know there's going to be some serious action coming up.

On the whole, it did what I
Blake Norby
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good, solid ending to the trilogy. Tons of action, tons of suspense, and really good plotline. Even for a fantasy, nothing seemed overly forced or overly convenient. Of course there were a few instances of thinking, "well, they got lucky that just happened to work out," but that's inescapable for thrillers. The protagonists have to just get lucky so they don't die immediately. There was also really cool world building throughout the trilogy. In every single book the reader saw more of the afterl ...more
Bryan D
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a perfect conclusion to a perfect trilogy, the monsters, threats and pure mayhem which convinced me to buy the second and third volumes are present, there's a nice and very needed recap as it's been a while since I've read the second edition.
I hope this remains as a trilogy because I haven't ready many books that can be called a perfect trilogy.
If you've never read them, go, go onto a website, walk to a bookstore and buy them, I'd be surprised if anyone contradicts me on this, I had this on
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This whole trilogy was a fantastic read actually. You’re missing out if you don’t pick up a copy for yourself today. The twist in the middle of this book was amazing! I was not expecting it at all and was so shocked i had to put the book down for a little bit. This book and the first one are definitely tied for best in the trilogy. Such a strong story in this book and a great ending. I wouldn’t want any other ending for Luke and Elza.
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this as an advance copy in exchange for a honest review from librarything.
When I received this book to review I was unaware that it was a book in a series.
It is hard to follow if you haven't read the previous books. so much of the story is built and I imagine explained in previous books. It is not a book you can read on its own. That being said I enjoyed the characters and the plot even if I didn't fully understand. I might just have to get the other books in the series.
Linda Grant
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The end

I'm sorry to say that this series was only a trilogy, so it has come to an end. The ending leaves Luke and Elza at a place that could be the start of further adventures in the future with a sweet hint of more to come, should Mr Hunt decide to take this route.
Jackson
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A spectacular end to an amazing trilogy! Skilfully crafted to portray an eventful plot, but maintaining incredible description and wonderful character dynamics. It beats all its predecessor's in every aspect, pulling together to create a page-turning novel.
Diana Mcmahon-Reid
This is the final book in the trilogy and is a good fast paced race to the finish line. Luke faces challenges from old spirits, ghosts and his friends but manages to survive them all. Thirteen Days of Midnight is a great trilogy the books are not too long and are full of action.
Cas
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thorbaikkk
Thomas.Meza
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book takes all the bang in a book then makes it better. It starts off with magic then transforms into a demonic twist GREAT book only a genius can write. Its worth five stars.
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Ending was way too long. But before the last 50 pages or so it flew by and I did enjoy it.
Wilf Morgan
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! A real page-turner and fantastic way to finish off the trilogy.
Meggie
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic conclusion to the trilogy.
Amber Mackey
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this series. Hope to see more from him
Jesus Rojas
Thipa
Jan 25, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Messengers
  • The Shadow Lantern  (The Blackhope Enigma, #3)
  • How to Be a Werewolf: The Claws-On Guide for the Modern Lycanthrope
  • Feral Pride (Feral, #3)
  • Sideshow: Ten Original Tales of Freaks, Illusionists and Other Matters Odd and Magical
  • The Mark of Cain
  • The Dexter Quigly Codices
  • The Storm Glass
  • The Charlestown Connection: A Dermot Sparhawk Thriller
  • How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
  • Shadow Man (Charlie Moon, #10)
  • The River
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • Haunt Me
  • Utopia, Iowa
  • Into the Grey
  • Revenge of the Evil Librarian
  • The Snow Merchant
I'm the best riter

13 Days of Midnight (3 books)
  • 13 Days of Midnight