Start by marking “After the Dust Settles (California Dreaming #3)” as Want to Read:
After the Dust Settles (California Dreaming #3)

After the Dust Settles (California Dreaming #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Sean

I’m not your average seventeen-year-old boy.
What other teenage boy do you know of, is working alongside their father in a top-secret government agency, and has been since they were fifteen?
Unheard of? Yes probably.
After spending years searching for my place in this world, I jumped at the opportunity to help my father. What I didn’t expect was the possibility that ou
Published December 2016 by Stacey Johnston

To ask other readers questions about After the Dust Settles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Dust Settles

Melissa Mendoza
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“His beautiful face is rested, childlike almost, with no color in it at all. Standing beside him, I pull his hand into mine as I always do, hoping he will wake and show me those eyes of his I love so much.”

Heat Rating:

photo 4 Orgasm Button_zpslila3vr1.jpg

5 mafioso stars!! Wow… still picking my jaw up off the floor. What a great book/series!

photo 5 Buttons_zpsu895julz.jpg

I don’t even know where to start with this review. I am feeling a million different things after reading this book! I will say I loved every single page of this book and the others in the serie
Brandy Roberts
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
YAY its Seans book I loved him from the first two books thought is was unique how Hadley is introduced she was an interesting character the way the meet is different . After their first encounter they cant get each other off their minds they chemistry is magnetic .This story has everything you look for while looksing for a new read so you should defiantly read I would suggest reading the first two books first to fell the full effect and emotion you get from them is well worth it . copy provided ...more
Petula
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sean Valentine is grief stricken over the death of a girl he innocently loved. It was caused by a Mafia family his father has been trying to catch. Sean's father and most of his family are agents for the CBI. Sean has been helping them since he was fifteen. A chance meeting and a night to remember will pull him into the vendetta.
Hadley Alexandria is her father's right hand man. He is responsible for the monster she knows she is. The young man she meets will forever change her life. Will she man
Aaly
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. **
Ashley Martinez
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet and sexy thrill ride. I loved the suspense and constant risk that kept me guessing as to what would happen next.
The characters were raw and real. They were full of flaws and were exciting to read. I had no problem rooting for them.
The only thing I would've liked to see was more of a build up in their relationship in the beginning. Other than that I definitely recommend this to romantic suspense lovers.
Mona williams
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this was another awesome book you wrote! its about a man who meets a woman after the death of his best friend. only to find out she was involved in the death of his friend they end up falling in love with each other.its a true traggic love story . thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Aurelie Gordio
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stacey is a new author to me, I loved her book and I will be one clicking her other book that is for sure !
The characters felt real and the story was hooot and full of action !
I would recommend if you can, to start with book 1 to get the full understanding of the background, but if not, this book can be read as a standalone and you wouldn't feel like you are missing parts.
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sean has skills that most seventeen year olds can only dream about, and it's made him grow up a lot quicker than most. When he's given the opportunity to work along side his father, he jumps at the chance, never dreaming that their work would harm his family. Sean believed that he lost the only girl that he would ever love, until he comes across a beautiful stranger under the Brooklyn Bridge, and he wants her like he's ever wanted any girl. However, this amazing girl is hiding dangerous secrets ...more
Jan
Believe a book by its cover, this is a hot, fast paced gripping read.

Yep, hot man on the cover, an enticing plot, I got hooked on and I'm glad I took the bait.

I haven't read previous books but wish I had prior to this book, I know through reading this something happens to a character in the previous book so I don't think I could go back in the series now knowing that. This could in theory be read as a standalone but I would advise starting from the beginning.

I did feel I had started this book
Melissa (Book Addicts Reviews) Joseph
4.5 keep you on your toes stars!! I enjoyed this book so much, once I started there was no stopping.

"We carry our scars over our hearts to remind us of what we have survived. They are not there to trouble us but to show us that we have courage and strength to fight."

If you have kept up with the series you know the "Sexy 4" (my little nickname). Luke, Ben, Stephen and Kyle. They all have small parts in this book but the main characters are Sean and Hadley. Sean, as you should know, is Sophie's
Sheena
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through the Quill and Ink Tour Review Team in exchange for a fair and honest review.... I have to state from the outset that this is book 3 in a series that I have not read and so it took me some time to understand all the relationships and prior events although all credit to the author for making this easier than it should or could have been.....This was such a difficult book to review...the blurb suggested it was a young adult but then the sexual descriptions are ...more
Tianna
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After the Dust Settles

After Sins of the Father (California Dreaming book 2), I was wondering where Stacey Johnston was going to take this story. It's not every story that the book ends with a shock like Sins did.

I was a little disappointed when I found out that After the Dust Settles wasn't continuing Stephen's story, but was pleasantly surprised with Sean and Hadley's. I figured the author has her reasonings so go with the flow to see where her mind took us.

This story was awesome! It pulled m
Ashley Westphall-carr
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved Sean from the first two books in the series. I felt for him after the second one ended but he bounced back. I just love the introduction of Hadley. When she finds Sean he is a bad place, he has seen too much working alongside his father. The last mission he was on he almost didn't survive the heartache. When Hadley comes into Sean's life he doesn't think he has the capacity to love again but he can't get her out of his head after they spend the night together.

Hadley is Sean's
Amanda Marie- A Woman & Her Books
Great book

Sean's a little messed up and heartbroken after the last book and a little lost. He then meets Hadley (FLOVE the name) who turns his world upside-down. Hadley is a lil spit fire and Sean's not to sure what to make of her at first. They fall hard for one another but they both have their secrets and their demons. Will their love be enough to quite those demons or will the demons win in the end? This is a great series so far and I love the twists and turns. Can't wait for the next one!
Kyles
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle, book-series
** I recieved an ARC for an honest review**

I have to admit that when I read this book, I hadn't read the previous 2 in the series - I have now downloaded and am ready to read the first book and would recommend you do the same and start from the beginning.
I really enjoyed this book. It was an interesting story, and I liked the kickass characters, both male and female. I didn't give the book 5 stars as a personal preference to one plot point (view spoiler)
Jessica Kloss
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Sean and Hadley's story gripped me from the very beginning. From the way they meet, to the end of the book, I was hooked. Sean and Hadley meet while Sean is dealing with the death of Sherlyn. Hadley is tasked with killing Sean, but changes her mind once they meet. I loved how the story unfolds and I couldn't put my kindle down. I have so many favorite parts of this book, but I don't want to give too much away. I highly recommend this book! Stacey Johnston you have done it again with this bo ...more
Terri Handschumacher
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was given a copy to read for and honest review. well here it is....
I started this book hoping that I will be introduced to a new author that I will want to follow. unfortunately I am not able to say that, at least for now. I couldn't get past 25%. I hate having a book as a DNA but I could not finish.
I think that this one did not peak my interest because I did not read the previous books in the series. maybe after I try reading the others I may pick this one back up.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a fast paced story that will quickly draw you in. I really enjoyed the the characters and storyline. This is the third book in the series, I recommend reading the previous books before this to have a better understanding of what is happening, I wish I had. This author is new to me, I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.

I received a copy of this manuscript from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Tracy
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought I couldn't love Sean anymore than I already did from all the other books in the series but I was wrong! I felt sorry for all that Hadley has been through in her life. These are awesome characters that you can't help but want things to be easy for. This book has everything you could possibly need in a book.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Another amazing book from this author. Once I began I just couldn't put it down, I loved every word of it. I loved the intensity between Sean and Hadley, you could feel it while reading. This one will definitely go on my to read again list. I loved it that much. I look forward to reading more from this author, I highly recommend her work.
R yatsko
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

#review

A modern day Romeo and Juliet story...
Boy meets girl, girl falls for boy...
Will her secret,  break them apart?

This story is fast paced, gritty, and more..
Jamie
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is the third book in the California Dreaming series by Stacey Johnston. Wow! This is by far Stacey’s best book. I was completely captivated from the first page. It took twist and turns I never expected, and left me wanting more of Sean and Hadley’s story.

Sean possess skills that the average male, no matter the age has. He sharp as a tack, strong, and sexy as hell. He’s also grieving the death of what he thought was the love of his life, whom was killed by the mafia. Sean and his father are
Kendra Needs
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, it was fast paced and kept me flipping pages from the start of the book till the end, this is the third book in the series and can be read as a stand alone (however I would recommend reading books one and two before this one as I understand that we are introduced to the main character in the other books, but again not a must before reading this book).

When I started reading this book I thought it was going to be Sean's story but as I got further into the book I realize
Heather B
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
After the Dust Settles, by Stacey Johnston, is the third book in the California Dreaming series. This series has me captivated, after reading the first two books. In the latest installment, we have Sean and Hadley - a story of secrets, attraction, and more. I was so excited to finally read Sean's story and the author has done an amazing job!! The characters are solidly written with chemistry that is undeniable when looked upon. A well written story of love, betrayal, forgiveness, and true love. ...more
Laura G
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have ever read by Stacey Johnston even though this is book 3 in the series I was able to follow the storyline and will be reading the first 2. I really enjoyed this book. Like I said I hadn't read the previous books that came in this series but it didn't matter, I got sucked in and just kept reading . The characters Sean & Hadley are strong & are survivors. I can’t wait to read the first 2 to meet all the other characters and learn more about them.
Konny
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
After the Dust settles by Stacey Johnston is book three in The California Dreams series.

Meet Sean Valentine. He seaks revenge for the dad of Sherlyn.
Then is there Hadley. Her father is a drug lord.
There are drugs, ODs, drug addicts, love ,dead , pregnancy and much more.
After the dust settles was a ok read and I give 4 stars.
Thank you Stacey Johnston.
Paula Genereau
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. This book is my favorite outta this series. I loved it. It had me all up in my emotions. I couldn't hardly put it down.
Cally
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a hot fast paced read that will have you well and truly gripped from page one to the last.

We meet 17 year old Sean Valentine, he's not your average 17 year old due to suffering heartbreak after his dad who works in the cbi has been trying to catch a mafia family. This is the same mafia family that also killed a girl who Sean loved in a innocent way and was a innocent person in the crossfire between the cbi and mafia. A chance meeting will change Sean's life forever.

Step forward Hadley Al
Amanda Showalter
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This is book 3 in the California Dreaming series. Sean is a 17 year old who goes to work with his father in a top secret government agency. Sadly his work can possibly bring harm to his family and he didn't expect this until it happened. Sean falls in love and lost her and then he met another girl that makes his libido and brain go crazy. Hadley was only there to teach Sean's family a lesson by targeting him. Instead of killing him she became interested in him. You see Hadley is the daughter of ...more
Belinda Donaldson
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have ever read by Stacey Johnston and I was pleasantly surprised.

This story is based on Sean and Hadley.

Even though this is book 3 in the series I was able to follow the storyline and will be reading the first 2 now.

Sean is grief stricken after losing someone he loved. Hadley is cold hearted killer for her family.

Their paths cross on Sean's worst day but it wasn't by accident. He was a mark, Hadley's mark.

Feelings arise in Hadley that hasn't been there for years but she
What to tell you about myself??
When I sat down to set about the challenge of what I could say, I found that I didn’t really consider myself to be very interesting at all.
I’ve lived in Western Australia my whole life, only ever leaving the country once. Right now though I reside in a southern suburb close to the beach.
Above everything else I’m a wife and a mother. I’ve been married to a man I beli
More about Stacey Johnston...

California Dreaming (3 books)
  • Heroes and Villains (California Dreaming #1)
  • Sins of the Father (California Dreaming #2)