Start by marking “Sacrificing Starlight” as Want to Read:
Sacrificing Starlight

Sacrificing Starlight

Time's running out for DCI Hunter. His wife and child are missing, perhaps even dead. Unable to pursue those responsible he's transferred to the wild landscape of Cornwall where another child has disappeared.

Alice Trevelyan's father has his own agenda and wants retribution for the loss of his little girl and metes out his own violent justice.

Will Tr
Published October 24th 2016 by Widminster Books

To ask other readers questions about Sacrificing Starlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrificing Starlight

Start your review of Sacrificing Starlight
Dash fan
3.5☆ A Gritty and Dark Crime Fiction!

Sacrificing Starlight is a gritty crime fiction that deals with some darker subjects.

I enjoyed reading Sacrificing Starlight but I found it took me a fair while to get into the storyline.
There was alot of characters introduced throughout the start and I had no clue who they were or how they related to the story.
In a way it felt like I was missing something, it was like I popped into a book that already had started but I was
Shalini
The story dealt with a missing child but then went further into the depths of abuse.

A child found with multiple injury marks was rushed off as accidental death, but there were two who didn't believe it. The two protagonists chartered the story in different directions, one was the cop Hunter who was investigating the ring and other was the father Ben who gave off his own brand of justice.

My first book by author David Pipe, the story dealt with the darker realities of society. The mai
Donna Maguire

I was really intrigued by the blurb for this book and I was pleased to have found a new author in this genre so I was excited to be able to jump in and read the book.

The pace for the book was steady and I think that the author had good attention to detail to make sure that the story flowed well. There were a lot of characters in the book and they all seemed to be brought in at the outset which made it a little confusing at the start but as soon as I had read a bit more it wa
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
I've never heard of this author before but I love a good thriller book so when I saw this one I was excited to start reading.
I found the book hard to get into, not because of the subject matter (which was terrible to read) but because of how many characters were thrown at us all at once. It propably didn't help that the author kept using first then last names and kept switching between the two.
However, the storyline was at times compelling and I had to continue to read to see what would happen
Terry
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sacrificing Starlight by David Pipe – review by Terry Melia
This is one of the most thrilling, breakneck paced and chilling novels that I’ve read in years. The violence is brutal but-taken in context with the subject matter, none of it gratuitous. The ‘taboo’ subject of child paedophiliac rings is never far from a headline in the UK. Stories of protected elite destroying and murdering innocent children are hidden in plain site. Look at the revelations following the death of good old Jimmy S
Jane Hunt
Mature Adult Read.

This story begins with a dead child on the beach, as many police procedurals do, but this story is dark, focusing on organised child abuse. There are two main protagonists, one is a war veteran, whose daughter is missing, he seeks and achieves a level of vigilante justice, which is graphically described. Hunter the Detective Chief Inspector, is a mysterious man. Who he is working for in not clear until the conclusion.

The story portrays the depravity and
Trinity Lecroy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Honestly, I did not care for this book. It had a good plot, but, the way it was written, it was truly hard to understand. There were parts where I had no idea what was going on and who was who. Occasionally, the author would go back and forth between first and last names making it rather hard to not think that they are all different people. The parts that I did understand where very gruesome and hard to read. This book is not for someone with a weak stomach like myself. Overall, I thought it had ...more
Maria Sinclair
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first glance Sacrificing Starlight may appear to be a simple police procedural. However there is much more to this thrilling book than meets the eye. David Pipe weaves an extremely tangled web, as both the book’s hero, Hunter, and the reader are left wondering just who can be trusted and which side everybody is on.

Although the book centres around the difficult subject of a child sex ring, it is written in an easy style, and I found myself flying through the chapters. In fact, I wa
Joy Corkery

• The Wife's Revenge
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Violet
  • Faeries of Saizia
  • Heathcliff: The Unanswered Questions Finally Answered?
  • The Fourth Victim
  • Dreams of 18
  • Lean Into It (Kings of Vengeance MC Book 2)
  • The Apartment
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Unintended
  • Empire's Daughter (Empire's Legacy 1)
  • Dead in Venice
  • What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
  • The Killer You Know