Start by marking “Whip Smart (The Loft #1)” as Want to Read:
Whip Smart (The Loft #1)

Whip Smart

(The Loft #1)

Escaping her past is hard. Falling in love is even harder...

Teresa Bodnar is desperate for a fresh start. Scarred by her relationship with her cruel, controlling, and so-called "dominant" ex, she escapes to her hometown of Pittsburgh. Determined to move forward, Tera makes a bold move: founding the first club in the city to act as a safe haven where her most secret desires
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 370 pages
Published October 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Whip Smart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whip Smart

Start your review of Whip Smart (The Loft #1)
Blagica
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Siena Noble is a new author for me. While I am not new to this genre, I am new to her. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed the beginning of Tera’s and Eric’s journey. The story opens with Tera getting away from an abusive Millionaire boyfriend, which is what moves the story along and forces her and her friends to move to a different town and start over. When I first picked this up, I thought it was going to be a sweet romance but the added touch of BDSM made this such a fun ride. ...more
Space Cowgirl
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Who's Fantasy🐲🌈 Is This Anyway?

She's So NOT Worthy....

Tera💃💋 jumps from one horribly bad relationship💔 with a controlling man, into another one a few months later with a super controller who wants to tie Her up! He's Eric🐺🍆⛲, a handsome young Shibari pro she finds at a BDSM👋👋 Halloween party!

The two have a back and forth sexy BDSM👋 dream🐲🌈 / sleep😴 relationship after only one meeting. Guess they better make it real!.

ARC Received from Booksprout🌱
From my kindle library 📚.
I had read this book in 20
Coco.V
Dec 26, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/26/2017)! 💝

Blurb:
After freeing herself from her controlling, manipulative, and so-called "dominant" ex-fiancé, 24-year-old Teresa Bodnar returns to her hometown of Pittsburgh to try and put the pieces of her shattered life back together. Stuck in a rut and determined to prove herself capable of moving on with her life, Tera makes a bold move: founding the city's first BDSM club.

But opening a club for business proves to be no small task, especially where unexpected roma
Jessica
Tldr: book one is amazing and emotionally powerful though needing edits. Book two was a disappointing follow up and while hero remained amazing the heroine got emotionally manipulative.Book two is largely a repeat of one..I'd have been pissed to have paid money for it
Though I will rate the two books separately this review will encompass books one and two.
I skipped reviewing book one because it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger I was ready to resolve. Then life happened today and delayed my review
lf
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
One Halloween Party later and you get tied up.......

Whip Smart is the first book I have read by Siena Noble so I was not sure what to expect but the description looked interesting to me and I decided to give it a read. I was very happy that I did as I enjoyed the story of Teresa and Eric. She is on a new journey after leaving a bad relationship with a very cruel fiancee and going back to Pittsburgh where she grew up. Teresa is also a submissive. She meets Eric at a BDSM party. He is a Dom but ha
Michelle Quintana
I won the Kindle version from Goodreads. I have mixed feelings about this book. It started off good and ended good, but everything in between has me frustrated. Tera is moving on after finally getting out of an abusive relationship with her Dom. She meets Eric on Halloween at a play party. She loved the way he used rope to tie her up. Eric loves the way she was so responsive to his touch. However, Eric is also getting over a disastrous relationship. Everytime they are near one another, the elect ...more
Ruth Kabeche
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Ok so I had never read a book by Siena Noble before this and I can 100% say I will be reading more from her. I loved this book. I wanted more and more every time I was forced to put it down (trust me I never wanted to). I like the amount of lust in this book. To be honest there is hot sex, but it’s not excessive. There is a ton of build up and sexy sexy lust. It is so clever writing because it makes a simple make out session really hot. Eric and Tera have so much spark it is obvious they wi ...more
Maxine Dixon
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is about Teresa (Tera) who lefted her dominate boyfriend Kellan Wakeham.She moves to a different apartment with her friends Megan and alexis.Megan takes tera out on Halloween night to the warehouse Pittsburgh’s hottest gay-friendly bar and frequent drag burlesque venue but Every four months, the club opened its doors to the local BDSM community to host the Pittsburgh Bound Party.while sitting at the bar Tera looked around and her eyes caught sight of him.she was drawn to him.Eric gun l ...more
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 4 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 4 / 5
Amount of BDSM/Fetish 3.5 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Whip Smart tells the story of Teresa Badnar who has just returned home to the Pittsburg area.  She has left her controlling and abusive ex-boyfriend and now lives with two of her friends.  Tera enjoys being a submissive and knows what she likes sexually but is currently afraid due to her past.  Tera goes out with her friends to a Halloween party and is mesmerized by Eric Yun. He is a domi
Sharon
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this author and it won’t be the last! I loved this story; it’s well written with adorable characters who seem down to earth and realistic. The main characters, Tera and Eric meet at a Halloween party for those in to BDSM. They have immediate amazing chemistry, unfortunately they have both recently come out of toxic relationships and this hinders their trust and faith in themselves as well as others where romance is concerned. However, their initial meeting sets off ...more
Jen
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book one of a duet and it is not a standalone read. This book ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and continues in book two. Meet Tera and Eric. Tera is getting out of a abusive relationship with her ex and getting her life back together. She is involved in the BDSM lifestyle and decides to open her own club. She meets Eric at a Halloween Party for like lifestyles and they appear to hit it off. I don't really agree with Tera getting involved in another relationship but she does work Eric. Eric w ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

After Teresa leaves her ex, she meets Eric. Both are dealing with past hurts and wounds and they have a very charged attraction to each other. I loved the complexity of both characters, with all the drama and angst, this one will definitely keep you intrigued and on your toes waiting to see what is going to happen. I loved watching their relationship developing from friends to so much more. I will definitely be looking forward to
Alison
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway.

I really liked the synopsis of the book, but I found the progress of the story line to be really difficult to get into. It didn't seem like there was a natural progression of events and character discoveries, just a bunch of random encounters tied together.

Everyone in Whip Smart has tons of emotional problems, I get that. But I found it exhausting to keep up with everyone's issues, which seemed like huge emotional hurdles, until a lot of these issue
kk
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my time reading a book by this author. I really liked the premise of this story and the book started off great. Tera and Eric seemed down to earth and were both likable characters. Also, the kinky scenes were well written.

However, the book became too slow and drawn out as the story progressed. Tera and Eric were both dealing with lots of baggage and their push and pull relationship started to become tiresome.

In the end I was left with mixed feelings and I’m not sure I will read the seco
BP34
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ready for a new life Teresa leaves her abusive ex and returns to her home town and meets Eric. They are both wounded souls with painful pasts. She's a submissive but decides to open a BDSM club. She and Eric have an immediate attraction but there's lots of drama and surprises as they deal with their demons. This was a good read with complex characters. This book is the first in The Loft Series and ends in a cliffhanger. I received an advance copy and voluntarily chose to review it.
Susan Hokanson
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
There are many enjoyable parts to this story. I loved all the different characters. But this book just went on and on only to end in a cliffhanger - which I absolutely hate. I read romance for an HEA and that is definitely missing here. Tera and Eric have too many hang ups that they can't get over so they can get together. The chemistry is there but the author, for whatever reason, keeps them apart. I don't think I will be continuing this serial.
Tania
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow loved the book it was outstanding it was very well written and the characters were interesting. Terra and Megan went to a BDSM Halloween party which Terra met Eric at the party. Terra has alot of baggage she is a submissive. Eric is a dominant person who also has baggage can they break down their walls to start a friendship.

Thank you for allowing me to review this book it was great.

Christine
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC review I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.This story is of three girlfriends alexis, Megan and teresa and 3 guy friends luke, aaron ,and Eric you will get to know with some others ,but this story is more of Teresa and Eric who meet at a bdsm party Teresa has some big issues, she needs to over come and he is just getting over a breakup. Very interesting story.
Mary Burgess
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Eric and Tera’s story, I found it engaging while having a heavy theme of BDSM and terrible previous relationships for both. The characters were strongly portrayed and interesting. Many twists and turns and surprises. But I did feel that certain sections definitely should have been condensed from being too “wordy.” Overall good read.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Patti Barker
WOW!

I have never read the authors books & I really enjoyed this book. I also had never read anything about BDSM. I am very interested in t & I think that is why I liked this book so much. Two people in this book are very interested in this life style & one of them wanted to be able to have a place to go besides the bedroom. They put a plan together & get the dream into a reality. Its a good book.

Jennifer Bourgeois
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read books one and two back to back. So I wrote one review for both at same time. I love characters inaction. I love the ending even though it was one continue story. It doesn't feel like a cliffhanger and I am not a fan of cliffhangers. I thought book 2 was very funny. I felt it was believable. I would to read it if you like romance and BDSM.

Lynne Cuda
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this story although I think it could have been shorter. I loved Eric. Tera not so much. I realize she had a rough time. But I didn't quite understand why she thought she was bad for Eric. At least she doesn't push her girlfriends away. I'm concerned that her wealthy ex hasn't found her if he was so possessive. I can't wait to read the second book!!

Chrisette Trevino
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I got this book in exchange for a voluntary review. Tera and her friend Megan are into BDSM. They attend a Halloween party given by the Pittsburgh Bound Party. There she meets Eric Yun, a sibari expert. The two are fascinated by each other but both carry too much baggage. Will they ever get together ? Their story will continue in Strictly Business, book 2 of the Loft Series.
Gladys
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. The characters were complex and had lots of baggage. The chemistry between Tera and Eric was pretty intense. The character's past played a huge part in the storyline and caused lots of drama and emotional turmoil. I did however find the constant push-pull and back and forth in the relationship to be annoying and I thought quite frustrating. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Sandra
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Tera and Eric feel a sizzling attraction, but both their lives are complicated, with many traumas to face.
Their relation goes one step forward and two steps in reverse, all through this book.
They both have hot dreams, and nightmares...
The book endsin a cliffhanger.

Jeanne
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be very good and well-written. It is very steadily paced until the end when it (and they) goes off like a rocket. It does have kind of a cliffhanger ending with an epiphany. The story centers around BDSM so don’t read if that will bother you. They really get into the issues of the main characters very well.
Lisa
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense read. Plot was action packed and full of drama and suspense. Many twists in the story line. Characters shared a unique relationship. Read in one sitting because it was that good. Five stars.

Teri Ruscak
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whip Smart
Siena Noble
She is a submissive, and has left her relationship with a cruel fiancee. Eric is a Dom, with baggage of his own. She resists the growing attraction between them, but slowly he chips away at her walls.
This book ends on a cliffhanger.
A great book!

Tiffany Combs
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense!

Loved reading this book. So well written the characters and events in the book completely draw you in. There is a sexiness and intensity that you can't stop reading this book Complete page turner. Loved the slow build up that left you wanting more. Look forward to reading book 2. Highly recommended!
Katy Wonnacott
May 24, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a mess!

Proofread, please! That's a start. Why was Tera first person and Eric third person? And so much ANGST! Emotional issues, okay, I get it, but these people were supposed to be in their early 20's, not 16!! I read it to the end, waiting for it to improve. It didn't. No thanks to more. (BTW, I hate cliffhangers) I feel like I have read way more than enough.
« previous 1 3 next »

• This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Her Perfect Rebound
  • Bear's Desire (Revenge of the Bears, #1)
  • The Right Stuff (Love in Brazen Bay, #2)
  • Savage Daddy Next-Door
  • The Virgin's Choice: A Billionaire Love Triangle
  • Next Door Daddy (Forever Daddies, #5)
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • Revelations (Power of Love, #1)
  • Cruel Lust: 4 Rough, Steamy Stories Bundle
  • Torment: A Romantic Thriller
  • Katy, My Impact (Iron Orchids, #3)
  • A Shot of Sin (Vault of Sin, #1)
  • Saving Her (Her Protector #2)
  • Glass Houses (Fairly Twisted Tales #3)
  • Immortal Promise (Vampire Mates)
A proud Pittsburgher, Siena Noble has explored and inhabited all kinds of fictional worlds through her writing since age ten. Although she’s always been a sucker for a good love story and possesses an incredibly dirty mind, she never imagined that her publishing debut would be erotic romance. What started as a silly short story idea quickly became something much bigger, a demanding Master of a man ...more

The Loft (3 books)
  • Strictly Business (The Loft, #2)
  • Tangled Love (The Loft, #3)

News & Interviews