Start by marking “Spell Disaster (Silver Hollow #2)” as Want to Read:
Spell Disaster (Silver Hollow #2)

Spell Disaster

(Silver Hollow #2)

When elderly witch Enid Pettywood unwittingly summons a demon to Silver Hollow, it's up to Issy Quinn and her cousins to send it back before the committee finds out. Summoning a demon is a serious offense, and no one wants to see Enid suffer the punishment the committee is sure to hand down.

But a simple plan of vanquishing the pesky demon before anyone notices goes awry wh
Published November 12th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Spell Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spell Disaster

Brenda
Enid Pettywood quite often found her spells going wrong, so when she caught her heel in the pavement and tossed a spell to release it, the black hole she created released a demon, much to the horror of the witch community of Silver Hollow.

The Quinn cousins knew they had to make a plan, and fast, when the first person was murdered. With the demon needing three bodies sacrificed before the full moon, so it could permanently inhabit a human body, Issy and her cousins had to race against time – thr
Dakota
So, i liked this book less than I liked the first one. I do want to know what happens to the characters but I don't know if I want to continue with this series. I like light paranormal cozies but this book tried too much and just didn't work for me. All the cousins have shops so I don't think they are that young but this felt like a YA series for me. And I feel like for people trying to investigate they just jump from one idea to another without even looking too much into it. And the magical asp ...more
Angelina Kerner
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Title: Spell Disaster (Silver Hollow Paranormal Cozy Mystery #2)
Book Author: Leighann Dobbs
Source: Downloaded from Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Rating: 5 stars

Oh my stars! I mentioned last time that I added Leighann Dobbs to my favorite author list. She still is.

In book two of the series, Izzy with her family are back, with full readhead witch powers. Along with them, we see back the local police, FBPI, and learn that Izzy and her family are Northies AND there is A Southies. Witch coven enemie
Dawn Michelle
Not fantastic, not horrible [it IS better than the first one and they use W A Y less music in this one so that was better too], I knew who the "bad" guy was early on [and was frustrated that NO ONE ELSE was seeing it] and I am not crazy with the "romance" aspect too [this is the first I have read about witches/paranormal's not being able to marry humans, but I guess if Vampires can go outside in the day and sparkle, anything is possible], but I don't hate them so there you go. And apparently, th ...more
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I am addicted to the Silver Hollow series, I am just going to admit it right now! Spell Disaster was another adorable addition to this series with the trouble being caused by an elderly witch who just can’t seem to get her spells right. When Enid accidentally and unknowingly summoned a demon, Issy and her cousins are quick to step in and try and thwart the demon before anyone finds out what she has done.

I know the story sounds simple enough but that demon was quite slippery and it was a mystery
Sherry Sharpnack
Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This has got to be one of the most clumsy, inane paranormal cozies that I have ever read. Highly disappointing, as I generally like Leighann Dobbs. She has far better cozy mysteries from which to choose. Take a pass on this one.
Starla B
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
I just loved this book!! I still adore all the characters, and the story was wonderful. Although, I do have to admit I knew who the "bad guy" was pretty much right away. That didn't matter, though, I still loved reading it. Plus it was so fun to have a character with my name in the story. That doesn't happen often! :) I cannot WAIT until the next book comes out! I need to know what's going to happen in my...I mean Starla's....life next, as well as Issy and all her fabulous cousins! I do have to ...more
Elisa Hordon
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Issy, Grey, Raine and Ember are back and better than ever.

Another great supernatural mystery, great recurring characters I'm growing to love some sparks of potential romance and wonderful familiars who really make this series awesome.

Steph Warren
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll combine these two into just the one review, as they are similar in all the essentials (other than different plots, of course!). Before I get started I just want to say how much I love the covers for this series of books – sharp, bright and stylised, I was drawn to them immediately.

A Spell of Trouble and Spell Disaster are books 1 and 2 in the Silver Hollow series of ‘paranormal cozy mysteries’. The best way to explain the sub-genre is what you get if you cross Miss Marple, Mills & Boon
McKenzie Richardson
This book was pretty good. I will start by saying that I did not read the first book. I found this as a free ebook, not knowing it was a series, and gave it a shot. After reading it, it was almost like I didn't have to read the first one, because so much of the text was dedicated to recap of the first one. This got really repetitive and was not necessary to understand the story.

The writing was pretty good. Very descriptive (maybe a little too descriptive at times). I think it got a little too de
Dharia Scarab
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Anne Wingate
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Telegraphing Her Punches

It's obvious what happens. No doubt about it. There's no room for doubt. None at all.
Uh. . . If you believe that a doddering old wit--er, woman with her shoe caught in a crack can accidentally summon a demon which proceeds to murder . . . .
It's not so obvious as all that, is it?
Dobbs does her usual good work with the new Silver Hollow cozy witch mystery, leaving the reader wondering what's next with Dex and Issy.
You may sit around and wonder if you like. I am going on to
Kat Jones
It had a good premise, but sometimes dragged and turned more romance,narrating every other sentence with analyzing deep feelings over someone saying one line. Though when those chapters could be gotten through, it was interesting. A poor old women got her heel stuck in a grate and her spell to loose herself accidentally called up a demon that the Quinn cousins had to sneakily vanquish before it completed its killing spree and got to stay in a possessed human. All the while, Issy was trying to av ...more
Micky Cox
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second installment in the Silver Hollow series and it is a very entertaining and intriguing story. Once again Dex from the FBPI is back in the area just in time to figure out what appears to the mortal eye as a serial killing, but is actually a rogue demon on the loose. We follow the Quinn's as they attempt to keep their town safe from the FBPI, the demon and the council that oversees paranormal ongoings. Well thought out and plotted to keep you intrigued and interested! I am very curious to ...more
Nancy Silk
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Humans Being Taken Over By Demons"

An elderly witch, Enid Pettywood, summons a demon to Silver Hollow. It's up to Issy Quinn to find the demon and send him back to his place before town officials learn of his arrival. But too soon the demon toys with the town's electrical system and eventually possesses a human. It turns into murder and mayhem and the Quinn sisters have only three days to stop the demon's wicked ways. An intense story from beginning to end. It's spellbinding and very well writte
Darla
Elderly witch, Enid Pettywood, is having trouble with her spells and accidently summons a demon to Silver Hollow. So Issy Quinn and her three cousins set out to send the demon back before the committee finds out since summoning a demon is a severe offense. Before they know it, the demon has killed one person, tried to kill a second, and Silver Hollow is back on the FBPI's radar. The investigation takes the Quinn's on quite the chase and help comes from an unsuspected source.

This was a fun read a
Christine P
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A demon is loose in Silver Hollow! An eldery witch who is a bit confused messes up a spell and lets loose the demon, the Quinn cousins are once again on the case before the demon can kill four red headed women and earn his place in the human world. They need to find out who's body the demon has taken over and try a spell of their own to send it back to where it came from, especially since the Quinn girls are red heads! Great characters, fun setting and a surprise ending!
Jennifer Blackburn
The second book to the series was more interesting then the first . I did enjoy the first book however or I most likely wouldn’t have continued with the series. I got to know the characters better! A relationship is beginning to bloom. The animals are funny and are involved in solving the mystery. Looking forward to the third book to the series. If you like witches , magic, animals, and a cozy mystery this series just might be for you !!
Suzi
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and fun tale

I don't know if it's because I'm familiar with the characters now or if this book in the series is better, but I enjoyed this one more than the first in the series. Animals, mysteries and magic...check, check and check. Thank you Ms Dobbs and Ms Douglass, I have the third books in this series all ready to read.
Bonnie Rice
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Was looking for a light mystery after a bit too much dark and Leighann Dobbs can be counted on to deliver. Well developed story. Love the variety of familiars and their parts in the story. Nice cast of characters. Would recommend this services to paranormal or mystery fans.
Lillian I.
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and entertaining mystery as the four witchy cousins of Silver Hollow work together to solve a paranormal-caused murder in their town without alerting the normals in their town that there's a something unusual going on. And for Issy, there's the added problem of Dex, the FBPI agent who has now moved to her town. Nicely told and a great read.
Mary Barrett
Feb 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One star on this one. Sorry

Normally I love everything I have read by Leighann Dobbs, but I guess this isn't my cuppa. Sorry, but I lost it at the demon. I have liked everything I have read by this author, until I got to this series. I am not into Vampires and Werewolves and paranormal stuff so this didn't appeal.
Vickie
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again

I'm never disappointed in a Leighann Dobbs story.Spell disaster lives up to expectations. The Quinn cousins are once again in the midst of a mystery and a murder. Will Issy and Dex become an item? I recommend this book to any one be who likes a little paranormal twist to a murder mystery?Happy reading
Macwolf01 [Elise]
Spell Disaster is book 2 in the Silver Hollow series, a cozy-mystery series set it a smallish town that has witches, werewolves and other magical creatures. The main characters are cousins that are witches that run various business in town.

This book was better then the first, fast paced and flowed better. The characters are fun and cute, and the mysteries are well laid out.

4 stars.
Jo Anne
A demon is on the loose in Silver Hollow, thanks to elderly witch Enid's messed up spell. It is jumping from body to body and must kill 3 witches in order to stay in the mortal world. Izzy and her cousins must find and battle the demon, before FBPI agents Stan, who is a jerk, and Dex, who has the hots for Izzy (and she him) finds out Enid cast the spell.
Kathleen
When it comes to the Quinn family, there is never a dull moment. This has a little Harry Potter flavor with the paranormal FBI aspect. Hope Dex doesn’t take a run away from Silver Hollow in upcoming installments. I enjoyed the light-hearted approach to this paranormal mystery.
Tabitha Chamberlain
this really did have the potential to be cute and witty unfortunately it read like a bad high school project with no knowledge of the Occult or magick on any level. FYI you don't banish demons with sage, i don't care if it's fiction or not. just bull shit.
Lana
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quinn's an co at it again

The cousins are at it again with another mystery. Another killer on the loose. Will they solve it before the police?
There's also love interest in dex . Very good story well written. Looking forward to the next Installment.
Pat Welte
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, paranormals, shifters and a cozy mystery. All of the characters came alive, I cared about all of them. I read the 1st and 2nd book in the series so far. I will read more books by Leighann Dobbs in all of the genre's that she writes.
Lynn
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

I absolutely love cozy mysteries and my other favorite genre is paranormal. How cool is it that this combines the two of them? I sure wish Dex & Issy could work things out, especially now that he has Gordon.
Goodreads Librari...: Please update page count 2 12 Oct 27, 2017 06:34AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 2 17 Feb 18, 2017 01:21PM
  • A Tangled Teaser (Witches of Hemlock Cove #3)
  • The Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy Boxed Set
  • To Woo A Warrior (Southern Sanctuary, #1)
  • Bewitched, Bedeviled and Bewildered (Sister Witchcraft #1)
  • Bell, Book, and Sandals
  • The Mayhem Sisters (Sister Witches Mystery, #1)
  • Wickedly They Come (The Wickedly, #1)
  • The Fairyland Murders (Deadly Ever After, #1)
  • A Sinister Slice of Murder (Jessie Delacroix #1)
  • Fright Court (Fright Court, #1)
  • Black Arts, Tarts & Gypsy Carts (Spells & Caramels, #2)
  • Witch Chocolate Fudge (Bewitched by Chocolate #2)
  • A Witchy Business (Harper Grant Mystery #1)
  • Death Knocks Twice
  • Slade (The McCaffertys, #3)
  • Between a Ghost and a Spooky Place (Ghosts of London, #1)
  • My Enchanted Life
  • SwitchBack (Knightsbridge Canyon, #1)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery

Silver Hollow (5 books)
  • A Spell of Trouble (Silver Hollow, #1)
  • Nothing to Croak About (Silver Hollow #3)
  • Cry Wolf (Silver Hollow Mystery #4)
  • Shear Magic (Silver Hollow, #5)