Start by marking “The Promise of Breeze Hill (Natchez Trace)” as Want to Read:
The Promise of Breeze Hill (Natchez Trace)

The Promise of Breeze Hill (Natchez Trace)

Natchez, MS; 1791
Anxious for his brothers to join him on the rugged frontier along the Mississippi River, Connor O'Shea has no choice but to indenture himself as a carpenter in exchange for their passage from Ireland. But when he's sold to Isabella Bartholomew of Breeze Hill Plantation, Connor fears he'll repeat past mistakes and vows not to be tempted by the lovely lady.

T
Paperback
Expected publication: August 8th 2017 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Promise of Breeze Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Promise of Breeze Hill

Maureen Timerman
I loved this book what a great look at the late 1700’s in the now known state of Mississippi, which was under Spanish control at that point, and a lot of lawlessness.
Connor O’Shea is a desperate man; he needs to be reunited with his brothers that are still in Ireland, so he puts himself in indenture to help. He is a master carpenter, and that is exactly what Isabella Bartholomew needs, she has lost so much and needs his help desperately, and thus the connection is made.
The author has woven such
Rachael
Jun 19, 2017 Rachael rated it really liked it
It was interesting to learn a bit more about the South at a time we hardly ever study--after the American Revolution, when it left British hands and became controlled by Spain (but before Napoleon took control and sold it to America). Even then there were contentions over slavery, and it was particularly interesting to learn about the white slavery that the British had perpetrated. Highwaymen and disreputable folk abounded in the relatively recently-settled territory, leaving room for adventure. ...more
Alyssa
Dang that cover is pretty! Tyndale KILLED it with this cover!

Sees expected release date.

Tanya
Jul 25, 2017 Tanya rated it it was amazing
"The Promise of Breeze Hill" is the first book of the Natchez Trace series. I have never heard of the Natchez Trace before and that is exactly why I like historical fiction - it always brings up something to look up later. The modern Natchez Trace roughly follows the Old Natchez Trace, which used to be a 500 mile foot path that connected Mississippi to Tennessee.

This book brushes upon the issues of slavery, indentured servanthood, outlaws, and way of life in the deep South. It has a lot of roman
maryreads
Jun 19, 2017 maryreads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Wonderful start to a series I'm definately excited about!

This book is well written, the historical setting is fascinating, the characters engaging, and the romance endearing.

If you enjoy stories about the most unlikely suitors, this is your book.
Isabella Bartholomew once lived a pampured life. But circumstances surrounding her family have changed and unexpected responsibilities have ended up being set upon her shoulder. Now her heart is set on one thing: bring her farm back to what it once was t
Suzie
Jul 15, 2017 Suzie rated it really liked it
Before moving to Tennessee, I had never heard of the Natchez Trace. Now, I can get to it in about twenty minutes. One day, I’d like to drive the Trace all the way to Natchez, Mississippi. Until then, I’m enjoying the beauty of the seasons along the Tennessee portion of this passage.

In The Promise of Breeze Hill, Pam Hillman brings characters who live along the Mississippi portion of the trace to life. Readers get to experience the danger—both from nature and from man—of traveling along this trai
Debbie Fisher
Jul 26, 2017 Debbie Fisher rated it liked it
"The Promise of Breeze Hill" by Pam Hillman is the first book I have received from Tyndale House Publishers to read and write a review. This story was very slow for me. If you like very detailed stories, you would like this, but for me it was so much so, that it lost me part of the time.

The story is set in Natchez, MS in 1791. Connor O'Shea is wanting to bring his younger brothers to America, so he puts himself to be sold as a carpenter in return for passage for his brothers. Isabella Bartholome
Bethany
Jul 24, 2017 Bethany rated it it was amazing
This gorgeous cover was enough to make me want to read this book and I am glad I did! I have to say that Tyndale books have some of the best covers I have seen, maybe that is why they are one of my favorite publishers.
Set in the lawless Mississippi set in the late 1700's this book is a literary delight with a rich story line that includes a feisty heroine and a handsome Irish man that start out odds with each other but grow to trust and love each other through the hardships they face. I loved ge
Tammy
Jul 26, 2017 Tammy rated it it was amazing
This is quite a story set in the south during the 1700's after the American Revolution.
This is a story of unlikely suitors.
Connor O'Shea in desperation becomes an indentured carpenter to set sail out of Ireland. As luck would have it, he is sold to Isabella Bartholomew of Breeze Hill.
Isabella is running Breeze Hill almost in desperation much like Connor she fears the worse but tries to make the best out of her dire circumstances.
Isabella with Connor's help is trying to save her family's planta
Amy
Jul 20, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ready-to-post
The Promise of Breeze Hill is a wonderful read. I am a huge fan of American historical fiction and I love that this book is set during the 1790s in Mississippi. I admire Connor and his determination to make sure his brothers in Ireland are able to join him. Isabella is not your typical plantation owner's daughter and I love how strong of a woman she is considering the times in history. I love this story, it is among my top favorites of the year and I highly recommend it.

100 stars.

I received this
Selena
May 17, 2017 Selena rated it really liked it
Everything you want in a romantic tale between two unlikely partners. I particularly enjoyed it because of the setting. I could picture Natchez as a growing city in the late 1700s. Enjoyed reading history about one of my favorite places to visit.
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2017
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
May 09, 2017
Kate Campos
Kate Campos rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2017
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2016
Hallie Szott
Hallie Szott marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2016
Carolyn Vandine west
Carolyn Vandine west marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2016
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2016
Melisa
Melisa marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2016
Carole Jarvis
Carole Jarvis marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2016
Charis Zdrojewski
Charis Zdrojewski marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2016
Hayden
Hayden marked it as to-read
Ashley Perham
Ashley Perham marked it as to-read
Ekaterina
Ekaterina marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2017
Amaris
Amaris marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2017
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2017
Stephanie Mccall
Stephanie Mccall marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2017
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2017
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2017
Kirsty Pearce
Kirsty Pearce marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2017
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2017
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Patricia Kemp Blackmon marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2017
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2017
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2017
CBA Bestselling author PAM HILLMAN was born and raised on a dairy farm in Mississippi and spent her teenage years perched on the seat of a tractor raking hay. In those days, her daddy couldn't afford two cab tractors with air conditioning and a radio, so Pam drove an Allis Chalmers 110. Even when her daddy asked her if she wanted to bale hay, she told him she didn't mind raking. Raking hay doesn't ...more
More about Pam Hillman...