Start by marking “Fake Fiancée” as Want to Read:
Fake Fiancée

Fake Fiancée

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  7,611 Ratings  ·  1,168 Reviews
A new standalone romance from Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author Ilsa Madden-Mills...

They say nothing compares to your first kiss,
But our first kiss was orchestrated for an audience.
Our second kiss…that one was REAL.
He cradled my face like he was terrified he’d f*ck it up.
He stared into my eyes until the air buzzed.
Soft and slow, full of sighs and little laughs,
He inh
Published February 6th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9deb9ba0e080a8c50d55f638288242_zps1xf5bjal.gif

There is no faking or pretending about it, Ilsa Madden-Mills has the magical touch when it comes to writing love stories with heat, passion and most importantly heart. With her vivid and sexy prose, Ilsa allows her readers to easily fall for her charismatic and lovable characters. And in the Fake Fiancée, this statement couldn’t be more true as readers like myself are sucked into a vortex where we are consumed with an addictive, sweet, and
Adriana Locke
Feb 02, 2017 Adriana Locke rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this book!

I was craving something I could lose myself in. Something sweet and steamy, something with enough angst to keep me hooked but not so much that I wanted to fall into an epic depression. I wanted something with a drop of mystery that kept me guessing ... and Ilsa delivered on all accounts!

The author transports you onto a college campus and braids you into the lives of Max and Sunny. I've had a hard time putting it down over the last couple of days because I just
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 Stars!!

Having never read a Ilsa Madden-Mills book before, I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this. All I knew after reading the blurb I couldn’t not read it. Of course, the cover was the other aspect that made me give this one a try. (Don’t judge! :DD) 'Fake Fiancee' was simply delightful and I enjoyed the f@ck out of it! First and foremost, I must admit, fake relationship/marriage trope it’s not my favorite trope when I'm reading a romance, but here I found it to be so entertaini
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Jan 04, 2017 Ilsa Madden-Mills rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
*Update: March 19 Fake Fiancée now has 750 customer reviews on Amazon!

*Update: Feb. 18 Fake Fiancée is #7 on the Wall Street Journal. *beams* Thank you so much, sweet readers!

*FAKE FIANCÉE has spent a week in the TOP 5!!! THANK you so so much!

*(Feb. 11, 2017) OMG as of this morning, FAKE FIANCEE IS #2!!

*(Feb. 09) FAKE FIANCEE is #6 ON AMAZON!!

"He inhaled me like I was the finest Belgian chocolate,
And he’d never get another piece."

"I don’t know why I’m so afraid of losing you when you aren’t e
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Apr 06, 2017 Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult

➦I find myself lately going back to reading new adult books because I want to go back to college and study for exams and go to frat parties. Wait, no, I don't. But I do enjoy reading about these carefree people who have their whole lives in front of them :D lol

➦This particular book features the fake relationship/engagement trope where the hot QB falls for a girl who he hires to be his fake girlfriend in order to scare away cray cray chicks who want his babies. That's, like, totes understandable.
Lucia
Feb 09, 2017 Lucia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
Ridiculous plot, just-telling-no-showing writing style and shallow one-dimensional characters with no depth. That is all that you need to know about this book.

Do you want to know more? Well, let’s meet main characters.

Let me introduced you to Max Kent, the most selfish „hero“ (and I’m using term hero very loosely in this case) I have encountered in a long time. He never thought of anyone but himself. (view spoiler)
Dilek VT
I was looking forward to this book after reading its delicious blurb and seeing its stunning cover. I also love the writer’s English series, they are very good. But, unfortunately, this book didn’t live up to my expectations. It was an OK read for me, nothing that made me say, “wow”...

It is about Sunny, a university student and Max, who is a student in the same university and also the star quarterback of the football team. Their fake girlfriend/boyfriend deal turns into fake fiancée first and th
Maddie
Feb 21, 2017 Maddie rated it liked it

“No one crosses our path without a reason” - Sunny

Book starts where Sunny Blaine:, 17 years old, run away from her father, in his *RED* mustang convertible, the next moment losing control over the vehicle as the car lurched forward, into a murky lake

Sunny– I’m really sorry how the accident happened but WOW, REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you wreck a RED Mustang?

description

Her rescuer saved her from a near drowning experience, but as the ambulances approached, Sunny had one last lingering look ba
Shannon Moore
Feb 08, 2017 Shannon Moore rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
My real life job is kind of different than most in the fact that my work isn't supervised. My boss comes and goes as she pleases and I can have a bit more of a relaxed environment. What doesn't help though was the fact that the day I was reading Fake Fiancée, my boss wanted to hang around all day! Anytime she would leave, I would sneak in a few pages here and there on my kindle app. I know she definitely caught me once or twice but oh well, Max and Sunny were worth it. ;) I'd risk my job for the ...more
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon*Paperback*

Max is his schools number one quarterback and preparing to be drafting into the big leagues, so he doesn't need the distraction of an ex messing with his game. So when he meets Sunny, his new neighbor, and learns she's also dealing with ex drama he comes up with a plan - a fake relationship. It's the perfect plan so he can focus on football and winning the Heisman Trophy. But Sunny is far from what he expected and soon his fake relationship is feeling way too real.

Th
 ⊱✿⊰ Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FAKE FIANCÉ: Prepare yourselves for some hella hot dreamy football players, a heroine who yearns for the guy she can't have, and a hero who will do anything for the girl he loves...

Guilty yet again for signing up for an arc solely based on the cover!! Being a cover hoe has it's benefits!! Hello hotty on the cover!! ( Jack Greyston)

This is spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' Max & Sunny who first meet when Sunny is seventeen under unusual circumstances. One reckless joy ride, one car crash
Dali
A fabulous read for the fast pace, sweet and sexy new adult sport romance lover.
“Our kiss was pure magic, and before you laugh and say those kinds of kisses don’t exist… Then you’ve never touched lips with Max Kent, the hottest quarterback in college history.”

Sunny Blaine has survived worse than a fender bender by a drunken football groupie. She endured her physically abusive father and got to live another day after a terrifying car accident thanks to quick actions of a good Samaritan. But
Jeannine Allison
2.5 stars...

I think my feelings could pretty much be summed up by this:

description

What didn't work for me:

1. There was a lot of drama. (view spoiler) It all felt kind of juvenile. And since so much was happening, nothing really had time to develop.

2. I didn't like the hero. He was pretty selfish and I never got the feeling that he cared about th
Jen
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed the stuffin' out of this one but I had a couple of issues that kept it from rating a solid 4 Stars. I'm probably one of the few people left that still enjoy a good fake (insert the blank) story and this one was no exception.

My biggest issue was the lack of backstory and character development when it came to the two mains. I felt like the basic knowledge was all there but it never seemed like it was enough to fully invest me.

That being said, I enjoyed the rest of what Fake Fia
Paige
Feb 02, 2017 Paige rated it really liked it
4.5 "Meant to Be" Stars

Ms. Madden-Mills wrote such a sweet and sexy NA romance. I started reading and didn't stop until I was finished. Fake Fiancée made me swoon, giggle and sigh in satisfaction. Sunny and Max's connection was palpable and while their journey wasn't traditional, it was definitely worth the ride.

Max is the local university's start quarterback from a wealthy and football famous family. Sunny is nearly the exact opposite. She's only got her grandmother and a best friend and she's
Natalie The Biblioholic
Live & On Tour!! http://bit.ly/2kkBzAl

FAKE FIANCEE was a surprisingly light and easy read. It had moments of drama, which was to be expected because it was set at college, but it ranked very low on the scale of angst. The characters were well-developed and the plot was fluid and easy to follow. I'll be picking up more books by this author in the future.

At 17 years old, Sunny was running away. She had had enough of what was waiting for her at home and she was ready to start anew. Unfortunatel
Jenny
Feb 14, 2017 Jenny rated it really liked it
I absolutely love a sports romance. Throw in some instant and hot chemistry and boom!! Max & Sunny are both strong individuals that have built walls all around their hearts. Both having gone through tragedies growing up and both having been hurt and burned in past relationships. Neither one is looking for love, just want to graduate and Max wants to win his Heisman trophy and go pro. All that is on his mind is Football, first and foremost, and the only thing he loves.

Until Sunny Blaine.
 photo 650A1D7F-0964-4D91-AE19-44E9EE1622AC_zpslqfhxyv3.gif
Sh
Tijuana [TJ Loves Books Blog]
This book is a definite winner.  It's well-written.  The pace and flow are precise and spot on.  The storyline and plot are entertaining and engaging.  My attention was grabbed from the very first and I read this book at break-neck speed.

I really enjoyed this very sweet romance on all levels.  Ilsa Madden-Mills is a master at this sub-genre of romance.  This is the 3rd NA / College themed romance book I've read from her and I've enjoyed each and every one.

Here's the breakdown:  Sunny is a young
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS <33

I adored this one, it was refreshing and the characters were so much fun. Fake Fiancee is a fast paced, sweet, funny, adorable and hot story. I read it in one day, I was intrigued with the prologue and I couldn't put it down.

description

Sunny and Max are super cute and adorable, it was entertaining how they started their "fake" relationship. They had feelings that they didn't know but it was nice how everything came out. I loved both characters, Sunny was independent, sassy and sweet. Max is f
Alex
Sometimes I forget I'm not 20 anymore *cough cough* and read NA.

Please stop me!
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

This was a good, relaxing read. Not too much and just enough.

Review to come...
Jen
Feb 13, 2017 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually quite enjoyed this one! It was a feel good read for me, with low angst. Sometimes that is exactly what I need, and this was one of those times!

The heat between the main characters was sizzling! They were very intense together and I loved every single moment they shared on the page!

A must read for when you want a simple, feel good read!
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 19, 2017 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ilsa Madden-Mills Fans, NA, Romance
4.5 Nothing Fake Here Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
You can never know what motivates someone to chose the choices they do...Things happen in the past which can color everything if you let them... and unfortunately, not always painting a rainbow. But sometimes... out of ugliness, shines beauty... and if the person is strong enough to overcome any or all obstacles...then their own beauty shines through as well.

This was my first Ilsa Madden-Mills read and it will not be my last. I thoroughly enjoye
MELISSA
Feb 05, 2017 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo 3ED11A47-4D55-43E4-968F-CE7227FC75A3_zpsspgwjrqs.jpg

Sunny Blaine is a southern girl from North Carolina whose life falls apart after the loss of her mother. She moves to Georgia when she's seventeen to be with her Mimi. Three years later & she's now pursuing her art degree at Leland University & working at the local library. She's thrilled to have found a fabulous house to rent until she finds out her new neighbors are jocks. After her ex, Sunny tries to avoid all athletes like the plague. Unfortunately a situation arises with he
seton
Feb 07, 2017 seton rated it it was ok
Recommended to seton by: CJP
Genre: NA Romance
Sensuality: R
Ho-meter: H=manho, h = 1 BF

College quarterback hires classmate/neighbor to be his GF so that he can focus on winning the Heisman Trophy.

This was my first and my last by this author. I was very unimpressed and most readers of my reviews know that I am VERY familiar with NA novels so I know what to expect and I should have known better.

I saw that most of the reviews on Amazon and GR are by the author's street team and I should have known better.

I read that overdramati
Rhea_sways
So the book goes a bit like this....

Well in the first 7 chapters that I read...

The typical every girl out there is a hoe except the MOTHERFUCKING TSTL heroine

Im sure this is what she imagined..

but the writing and the stupid plot holes such as ... a fashion designer or art student taking fucking Anatomy and Physiology

Or better yet.. the supposed wonderful "viewpoints" on anatomy by our oh so smart jock...

Please tell me how am I not wetting myself?

Please I beg the author please, just ask how any
Tia Louise
Jan 05, 2017 Tia Louise rated it it was amazing
LOVE this story!! Max and Sunny's chemistry will melt your kindle! It's dreamy and gritty at the same time, and who doesn't love a smoking hot football star?

A five-star MUST READ!!!
Viri
Feb 27, 2017 Viri rated it liked it
*** 2.5 ***
Ok... fue más bien meeeeh.

Amo los romances falsos, los Friends to lovers y los libros con deportistas. Así que comprenderán que tuviera altas expectativas con este libro.

El problema no son los protagonistas. Que me gustaron mucho eh. El problema fueron sus acciones. Porque fueron (Oh diossss) tan incoherentes.
La historia fue para nada verosímil y estuvo plagada de clichés sin sentido.
No me malentiendan, amo los clichés pero me gustan las historias basadas en algo y francamente en argu
Corina
Feb 08, 2017 Corina rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
WOW!!! I can’t stop smiling!!!!!!

This book was something else.

I don’t usually love the pretend fianceé/girlfriend routine as much as other tropes but OMG – Ilsa Madden-Mills delivered an amazing book. I LOVED the plot and especially the main characters.

Not every NA book has characters that are as mature, responsible, and dedicated. The author restored my faith in NA characters and made me fall in love with Max Kent and Sunny Blaine.

Max, smart, talented and goal oriented. For him it all came down
Kate Phoenix

photo Black sheep_zpsispdcpcp.jpg

Guess which one I am? And no I’m not at the back of the picture I am smack bang in the middle of it all.

Sunny needs to get out of Snowden, North Carolina asap, she nearly makes it but trying to avoid an animal on the road she swerves and lands in the lake. A mysterious man saves her but she can’t stick around otherwise the police will take her back to Snowden.

3 years later…

The mysterious saviour of that night Max Kent star quarterback and Sunny are now neighbours. She knows who he is but do
Wall Street Journal best selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills writes about strong heroines and sexy alpha males that sometimes you just want to slap.

She's addicted to all things fantasy, including unicorns and sword-wielding females. Other fascinations include frothy coffee beverages, dark chocolate, Ian Somerhalder, astronomy (she's a Gemini), and tattoos. She has a degree in English and a Master's i
More about Ilsa Madden-Mills...

“Sometimes in the middle of a normal day, a life-changing choice is thrown in front of you. Right then, you’re one decision away from a completely different existence. You decide your future even though you aren’t even aware you’re doing it. Your choice might result in finding love or death or winning the fucking lottery—you don’t know.” 1 likes
“Sometimes in the middle of a normal day, a life-changing choice is thrown in front of you. Right then, you’re one decision away from a completely different existence. You decide your future even though you aren’t even aware you’re doing it.” 0 likes