Start by marking “The Seeker (Roswell High, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Seeker (Roswell High, #3)

The Seeker

(Roswell High #3)

Circle of danger...

Maria: She hasn't told her firends about the strange glowing ring that she found. It seems to be giving her powers -- special abilities that let her enter a world she's been dying to experience. Here's her chance to learn what she longs to know: how Michael feels about her.

Michael: He feels all alone on Earth and he's searching for a place to belong.

Published 2000 by Pocket (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seeker

Karina Vargas
The Seeker (Roswell High, #3) : 3,5 estrellas.

A diferencia del segundo libro de la serie, este sí continúa el final de su antecesor, o al menos lo hace de forma más evidente.
Tal como lo anuncia la portada, los protagonistas principales esta vez son Maria y Michael, aunque el resto también teje sus propias historias.
No puedo contar demasiado sin entrar en detalles y revelar cosas del anterior o de esta trama. En general, el grupo se consolida y se hace más fuerte.

Acerca de la escritura, como si
Evey
14. A book you can finish in a day.

I'm really doubting about everybody's mental capacity on this book. They take the stupidest decisions all the time, non-stop. Still, it was better than the previous book.
Marika Charalambous
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eh, not bad...
Kruti
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, young-adult
If you're expecting some super ugly extraterrestrial life forms invading inhabitants of some unknown town with some jedi mind tricks and some bloody gore thrown in for good measure - then you better turn away right now or you'll be sorely disappointed. These aliens have either grown up reading way too many bad YA novels or ...no that's actually it. I can't think of any other reason. These aliens have read way too many bad YA novels!

You've got the whole why can't I be a normal girl, and the whole
Arya
Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roswell I love you! This is the series of books (Roswell High) on which the TV series Roswell was based. Because I started in the middle of the series (I have got to STOP doing that!) I was a little confused as to what was going on, but since I knew the charaters from the TV show it was still enjoyable . . . I actually really liked it!!

Maria has found a ring which seems to allow her to tap into magical powers, but when she keeps these powers a secret from the group will it cost her more than she
Mikayla_
Nov 20, 2009 rated it liked it
It was really great in some aspects, easy to relate to. But gosh, the alien stereotypes. Can't handle them. You love the 6 main characters, even if the others are ordinary as can be. Next one is focused on the relationship between the two characters I love most, so :D Every time I read one of these, it leaves me pining for the TV show, which was slightly better.
Pendragonish
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
The Seeker gets a solid 3.5 stars for me. After an abrupt end to the last story, Maria discovers that she has special powers. This is a fun read and I'm really enjoying the series. It's like stepping into an alternate version of the television show, which is kind of awesome.
Kat
Jun 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teenagers, fans of Roswell
This one satisfied my rabid Roswell fan demands. Isabel's alien boyfriend is a stupid douche so I really just wanted to reach into my book and strangle him. Again, the quality of writing is for teens so be warned at the stupid jokes and sentences.
Tara
Dec 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2007-and-early
started watching the tv series then found out about the book and i absolutely loved it..
Chloe Pope
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
once again another addicting read from this series and a great follow up from the last book and a great continuation from where the last book left off. Once again the character development over this book keeps improving from where the last book left
Lúcia Santos
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasia
Janet
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!
Charlynn
Feb 15, 2012 rated it liked it
At the end of the second novel, Maria found a ring at the mall while running from Valenti. Despite the tense nature of the situation, she was so drawn to the unusual stone set in the ring that she still stopped long enough to pick it up. It was pretty, unique, and, for Maria, that's a powerful combination. The very next day, weird things started to happen. She saw inside of her cat's mind, healed her cat's cut paw, and thought she saw her new ring glow. But those things were preposterous. Maybe ...more
Felicia
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
As you can guess by now, through my reviews on the first two installments of this series (The Outsider and The Wild One) I am a huge huge Roswell fan. The Seeker focuses mostly on Maria's and Michael's relationship. After the Roswell crew were contected together in the first installment, The Outsider, they have all become very close - the best of friends. There isn't anything they wouldn't do for each other. For Maria this means helping Michael with one things he wants the most: to find the ship ...more
Linda Jaejoong
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-until-2019
Endlich hat die Autorin meine Wünsche erhört. Ein Buch über Michael und Maria und ihre Freundschaft, bzw. über ihre wachsende Zuneigung füreinander. Sie sind so herrlich zusammen. Maria hat im letzten Band einen magischen Ring gefunden, Nikolas Ring um genau zu sein. Dadurch erhält sie die Gabe Dinge zu sehen. Sie will mit Hilfe des Ringes versuchen, das Schiff der Aliens zu finden. Doch noch weiß sie nicht, dass jede Gabe einen Preis hat. Was wird sie opfern müssen um Michael, Isabel und Max zu ...more
Sal Niner
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: roswell
Tiffany
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The series gets better with each book. This one ended with a cliffhanger which was different from the first two. Still a lot of grammatical errors. But overall this was a good book.
Evie
I liked this one better than The Wild One. Everyone is dealing with the aftermath of Nickolas's death and it was vey interesting and real to see how the friendship and bond they had created with each other really supported them during that time. I do wonder at Ray though. Is it a little too convenient that they're having to take his word for everything? Like is I possible that he might be Clyde??? Im not sure what to think about him in that way yet...I suppose I'll see!
I absolutely adored Michae
J.N.
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I liked this slightly better than the last one. Maybe it's because I didn't care for Nikolas in the last one. In the third installment of the Roswell High series, Maria finds a ring that gives her the ability to see what others are doing when she has something of theirs in her hands. Unfortunately this new ability also makes her become paralyzed for a while afterwards. Relationships grow while Maria begins to realize that the side effects of her new ability are getting worse.

I think I liked this
Mpb
Goodreads Synopsis:

Circle of danger...

Michael: He feels all alone on Earth and he's searching for a place to belong. He didn't count on discovering someone to care about right here in Roswell. Now he's falling for his best f
Melissa Darnold
Hail all things Michael and Maria! I cannot explain to you how hard I ship these two characters. And, I know, I know, lots of other stuff happened in this book. And all of this stuff definitely had importance, but. BUT. I literally cared about nothing but Maria and Michael and their interactions and interest in one another. May that be shallow? Possibly. But it was either that or focus on how much I dislike Isabel as a character. I chose the happier route.
Magda
Oct 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time finishing this one. I was stuck for a long time somewhere in the middle but I made myself finish it. The ending was quite good but as to the rest I didn't really liked it that much. Could be more interesting. I'm done for now with the series maybe I will try it again in the future.
Katie Jauncey
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These books are rated more for teens, and I read the Roswell series when I was about 15 ..... but I still really love reading them now. They're written in an easily worded way so that if you want something quick and easy to read, they're perfect ..... I love the whole series :)
Candeeta
Jun 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
love this series
Lisa
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Kind of a long prelude to, number 4?
emily_oriley
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
I can't tell if I prefer this over the show or not. Sure its not very great writing but the show didn't have very good acting either.
Vampiress_demitri
Feb 28, 2011 rated it liked it
good drama
AntonellaReads
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it better than the second one, mostly because I love Michael and Maria.
  • No Good Deed (Roswell, #2)
  • A New Beginning (Roswell #5)
  • Loose Ends
  • Pursuit (Roswell #7)
  • Shades (Roswell #1)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 03
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Omnibus 1
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton (Drake Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Transformation (Replica, #15)
Melinda Metz grew up in San Jose, California. People sometimes ask if she knows the way there. She kinda does, but she has an off-kilter sense of direction, so to be confident of arriving, it's better to consult some kind of navigational device.

Her mother tried to teach her to read in kindergarten, but Melinda had no interest. She also had no interest in learning to write her name. (FYI, when Meli

Roswell High (10 books)
  • The Outsider (Roswell High, #1)
  • The Wild One (Roswell High, #2)
  • The Watcher (Roswell High, #4)
  • The Intruder (Roswell High, #5)
  • The Stowaway (Roswell High, #6)
  • The Vanished (Roswell High, #7)
  • The Rebel (Roswell High, #8)
  • The Dark One (Roswell High, #9)
  • The Salvation (Roswell High, #10)