Start by marking “InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)” as Want to Read:
InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)

InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha #9)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  1,978 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
It isn't only demons who can gain power from the Shikon jewel, as Kagome, InuYasha, and their companions see when they fall afoul of the hideous "Peach Man." Meanwhile, there are even more mysteries of the jewel to be uncovered, as they meet a village of warriors dedicated to fighting the demons the jewel creates.
192 pages
Published April 7th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 18th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about InuYasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InuYasha

Vicky the Cat Lady
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter-2017
Another impressive installment in InuYasha. However, the cannibalistic sage, aka "The Peach Man" had a more compelling story in the anime. I'm partial to the anime's adaptation of the miniature garden where this monstrous man traps the men he ''trains'' to be his disciples, as well as because of the new moon, the fight scene between a desperate fully human InuYasha. In some ways this is even darker than the animated version, especially with the excess of severed heads and the scenes of "The Peac ...more
Caroline
Jan 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy
I really enjoyed the first story arc in here, revolving around the utter creepiness of the "Peach Man." A lot of this series has felt more light-hearted than the first volume, so it was nice to see it returning to the down-right creepy and scary roots of the first volume.
B
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.75
Andrea
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Currently reading this series and I can't seem to ever put the books down! I highly recommend it.

Kagome, a japanese school girl, frees a half-demon half-human creature known as Inu-yasha who she helps in his mission. Together, they must find jewel shards which were accidently shaddered long ago. The jewel shards are believed to give one much power, although some shards contain more power than others. However, they must find the shards while avoiding demons that come in their way, and protecting
Vanessa Kay
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This review is for the series as a whole with 4.5 out of 5 stars*

This series is absolutely the longest series I’ve ever read so far, with a total of 56 volumes containing 559 chapters. Yeah right? I grew up watching anime and when I stumbled to this one, I instantly got hook. I’m so in love with this anime that I have the complete anime series in my possession. Yep! It occupy mostly the memory of my external drive haha sucker I know. And it’s just now that I finally had the courage to read its
Erika McReynolds
This has been my favorite one so far.
Brittany
I like this episode because inuyasha's not in his half-demon form.
Fatema Khondker
AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS BOOK IZ THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ IT!!!!!!!!
E.S.
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-read
How the hell did that exterminator survive getting a scythe to the back and like 5 arrows shot in her?! EVEN BOROMIR COULDN'T SURVIVE MULTIPLE ARROW SHOOTINGS, WOMAN.
Alyssa
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
I love the parts where Inuyasha is human, not just in this volume, but all of them.
Ben Nealis
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Another fun book. A interesting villain in this volume and we get to see a little bit of the modern day again.
Supermomochan (PeachyFishyBooks)
Sango!!
Ash
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Joti
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
Lauren
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I also really liked the group aspect to this series and the corresponding relationships that affect each of the characters.

I would really recommend this series to fans of
Miriam
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, graphic
Drat! It took me months to get this from the library (it was misplaced or something) and now it turns out my copy has a printing error that skips from page 121 to 162, so I only got the end of this new story installment with the village of exorcists.
---

I finally got a non-flawed copy and was able to read the missing section, which was fortunate as it, unlike the creepy "Peach Man" cannibal story, connected to the longer story arc and included a bit of information about the history of the crystal
Christina
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
During the period of time Kagome is supposed to be studying for a mock entrance exam, she, Inuyasha, Shippo, and Miroku encounter the Peach Man-- a former human that had become so evil he turned into a demon and now harvests human heads.

Later, Kagome, Inuyasha, and the gang hear rumours of a demon exterminator village that was once the original home of the Shikon Jewel.
They set off to find the village in hopes of collecting more shards, and learn the origin of the Jewel...
Bine
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der erste Teil mit dem Eremiten war nicht so mein Fall. Ich kenne diese Episode aus dem Anime echt schon in- und auswendig. Aber natürlich reißt Sangos Auftauchen wieder einiges heraus. Ich kann es kaum abwarten, dass sie zu der Truppe dazustößt. Außerdem gefällt mir Naraku als Schlossherr sehr gut...
Kaotic
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: online
In this volume we get to meet Sango, her little brother and Kiara. Of the three I like Kiara the best, but the others aren't bad characters.

And I always forget Myouga exists, the little flea that is full of knowledge and annoyance.

And they brought in Inuyasha's human side again, which makes me happy. It gives the story more humanity and believability to it.
Vitor Frazão
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Mais por causa da edição em questão do que por culpa do autor, os desenhos deste volume foram fracos. Por outro lado, é a primeira aparição da taijiya Sango e temos um excelente combate contra Tokajin.
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kagome and InuYasha fight for their lives against the Peach Man, who eats humans in order to be stronger and live forever.

Meet Sango, the Exterminator, a specially trained woman who whips the floor with demons. Meet her family...who are now all dead.

good volume!

Grace
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, inuyasha
super creepy peach guy
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sango... <3
Ubalstecha
Another great installment in this manga series.
Galion Public Library Teens
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Review by K.K.: "In this one, InuYasha's team goes up against the man eating demon called the Peach Man. (Ha Ha!) Anyone who likes action will love this like I do."
Catie
MÁTENME Y EVÍTENME EL SUFRIMIENTO DE VER A SANGO PERDIENDO A TODA SU FAMILIA.
Steph
Jul 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Rumiko Takahashi
A great manga series.
Ernest
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
An interesting development in the series marks this fine continuation of the series.
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 5: To Blossom
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Red River, Vol. 2 (Red River, #2)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 13: Goddess
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United
More about Rumiko Takahashi

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)
  • InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Catalyst (Breakthrough, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Leap (Breakthrough, #2)
  • Ruined
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Breakthrough (Breakthrough, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Exo (Exo #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poor Man's Fight (Poor Man's Fight, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic #1)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Oddfits
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Imago (Xenogenesis, #3)
    $6.99 $1.99