Start by marking “InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)” as Want to Read:
InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)

InuYasha: Lost and Alone

(InuYasha #4)

In this adventure, Kagome returns to present-day Japan, only to find herself in the middle of an eerie ghost story. Can she save the lost soul of a little girl?
Published July 9th 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 18th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about InuYasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InuYasha

Red Winter by Annette MarieKamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 by Julietta SuzukiRosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuireKogitsune by Xia Xia LakeStormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Kitsune in Books
105 books — 42 voters
Ready Player One by Ernest ClineThe Burning Bridge by John FlanaganFire by Kristin CashoreArrows of the Queen by Mercedes LackeyThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Archery
83 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Miriam
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ghosts, graphic
This begins with the second half of the story of the vengeful fox-spirit-boy that began in volume 3, so don't skip that one!

The depictions of the demon brothers in this installment was interesting to me because it used visual motifs that I recognize from traditional illustrated stories from China (perhaps the cultural borrowing in one direction or the other) that I had as a child: the flaming wheels near the demon's feet that enable flying were especially intriguing to younger me.

The 2nd story
Ady Weasley
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una pelea entre Sesshōmaru e Inuyasha con la Tessaiga de por medio.

Al fin descubrimos quien estuvo detrás del engaño entre Kikyo e Inuyasha . Quien es este Naraku? No será la última vez que lo veamos.
Kikyo es una presencia maligna en este mundo.

La forma de reaccionar de Inuyasha al tratar de proteger a Kagome me sorprendió , quizás ni ellos se dan cuenta de sus acciones
Steph
May 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I'm reapeating, I know: but I don't care. I love InuYasha. It has everything a good book (or manga, in this case) should have. Action, adventure, romance, humor. Rumiko Takahasi draws her mangas extremley well, and that makes it even better in my opinion.
Sesana
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This volume has one of the most emotionally effective stories so far. Set in modern Japan, Kagome encounters the spirit of a little girl on the verge of becoming a demon. It's sad, but with a somewhat hopeful ending. Different from the normal InuYasha fare, but it does suit the world and the story.
Joaquín Jiménez
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Este volumen es, hasta el momento, el más interesante de la saga. Dejando un poco de lado las monótonas batallas con demonios feudales (episodio que se repite con mucha más frecuencia en las entregas anteriores), empiezan a aflorar los sentimientos de cada uno de los personajes. Por otro lado, el mundo actual de la obra se entrecruza con los tiempos feudales, dándole mayor dinamismo a la historia.

Quisiera destacar dos momentos; el primero, la historia de Mayu: una niña que muere en un incendio y
Vanessa Kay
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This review is for the series as a whole with 4.5 out of 5 stars*

This series is absolutely the longest series I’ve ever read so far, with a total of 56 volumes containing 559 chapters. Yeah right? I grew up watching anime and when I stumbled to this one, I instantly got hook. I’m so in love with this anime that I have the complete anime series in my possession. Yep! It occupy mostly the memory of my external drive haha sucker I know. And it’s just now that I finally had the courage to read its
Shawna (BacchusVines)
In this volume, Shippo is added to the gang (I love him and his little attitude). There's also a modern-day story of a young ghost and the piper that leads children ghost. I love this story, the events and the aftermath have always been in my mind. I remember feeling the mother's crushing pain, of Mayu being angry of her sickly little brother. Simply one of my favorite InuYasha moments.
Dbgirl
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The first story didn't interest me that much, although it wasn't bad either. That gyroscope thing was funny.

The second story about that dead girl was so horrible and tragic and it had some horror moments too. I liked it a lot.
Brina
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die Geisterstory in Kagomes Welt hat mir wirklich gut gefallen.
War mal eine willkommene Abwechslung zu den Dämonenkämpfen im Mittelalter-Japan.
Überzeugt durch emotionale Geschichte und glaubwürdige Akteure.
Shelley
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Por alguna razón, uno de los pocos episodios que recuerdo haber visto es el de Mayu. Es una historia triste, pero me resultó hermosa.
Susanne
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I love Shippo as a character, the fights he gets in with Inu Yasha and the friendship he has with Kagome. He is an awesome addition to the group and I love his little moments.
Mariana Moreno
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
En el manga, a diferencia del anime, siento que Sesshomaru tiene cara más tierna <3
B
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.75
Ash
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Kaotic
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
In this issue we finish up with the Thunder Brothers - and in the process of killing the brothers, we learn a little more about Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga. Namely it's scabbard (the sheath of a sword). The scabbard was able to protect Inuyasha from the elder Thunder brother's power - it's protection is limited but far more powerful than a normal scabbard.

And for the inner fangirl in all of us - after the brothers were defeated Inuyasha thought that Kagome was dead, and he saw her it appeared as thou
Sevairi
Volume four, for me, was more of an emotional experience for me. This volume seemed to be focused a lot on the love of a family and the power of it.

Manten and Hiten are two characters who truly demonstrate what siblings can be like. Hiten was so mean to his brother, always calling him names and constantly degrading him at every chance. Yet, Manten still sticks by his brother and follows his very word. When Manten dies, Hiten shows finally shows his love for his brother in his heartbroken despair
Candice Snow
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Re-reading this series is making me so giddy and fangirly I can barely stand it!

In this episode we are introduced to one of the cutest characters in the whole series: SHIPPO!

How can you not love this face???
shippo photo: shippo Shippo.jpg

Also, whenever Shippo would transform into this

shippo photo: Shippo Shippo2.jpg

I laughed hysterically!
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I also really liked the group aspect to this series and the corresponding relationships that affect each of the characters.

I would really recommend this series to fans of
Becky
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-2017
Sara
Continuing from volume 3, we still find Inu-Yasha and Kagome battling the Thunder Brothers. This battle takes up most of the volume but at the end, we meet a young girl, Mayu, who died in a fire. Kagome is determined to save her from becoming an evil spirit and Inu-Yasha arrives at just the right moment. I'm enjoying this series, but I feel like each volume follows a formula. Does the formula work?? Yes. Does it get old?? Sometimes. However, I still love Takahashi's work and look forward to read ...more
Rachel
Lanie
Love me a good ghost story, but aside from meeting shippo, this was mostly filler. I love shippo! So cute! And his story. :'( his poor daddy. :'( artwork is great of course. Especially all the different kinds of demons. Makes me wonder if the author makes them all up, or does she using Japanese folklore?
Christina
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Kagome has returned once again to present day Japan for a while, but what she finds once she gets there will surprise her. The ghost of a little girl who died in a fire half a year ago. Will Kagome be able to calm the ghost of this angry little girl and keep her from being dragged to hell? Or is it even possible to save someone who is already dead?
Jessille silv
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is my first fav manga... and yet the first love won't be fade that fast
I really like the plot and the fun there... they got many likeable character although it's pretty long
the dead and twist are appearing in a perfect place... a touching and memorable story to me
Thanks for the sesshoumaru character! what a damn cool youkai
Megan
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I keep repeating myself with every volume, but if you've only seen the anime then there's no need for you to read this. It's exactly the same. We continued on with the introduction of Shippo and the fight with the Thunder Brothers. It ends with one of the most depressing stories (in my opinion) of Kagome and Inuyasha dealing with the ghost of a young girl in Kagome's time.
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still reads almost exactly like watching the anime.

InuYasha and Shippo take on the thunder Brothers to save Kigome.

Kigome tries to save the spirit of a troubled child bent on having her brother join her in the afterlife. Despite InuYasha maintaining he isn't going to help, he ends up lending her a hand. Not much of one, but enough.

More fun to come and we move on to volume 5!
Joti
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
Bine
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich mochte die Mayu Episode in der Gegenwart sehr gerne! Sie war wirklich sehr, sehr bewegend! Die Donnerbrüder sind dagegen nicht so meine Favoriten, abgesehen natürlich von der Stelle, an der Manten stirbt und Yaten weinend sein Herz ist *___* Ich kann es kaum erwarten, dass die drei auf Miroku treffen :)
Mal
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't read manga online - until this very moment. I go to five different libraries and they all carry InuYasha, but what they don't carry is Vol. 4! Girls gotta do what girls gotta do. Loved it just like I loved it the first time around :)
Caroline
Oct 08, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Still a very enjoyable series, although I don't generally like the parts where Kagome journeys back to present-day Japan. Takahashi's art remains excellent, and the amount of humor she can put in with very simple expressions or one-liners is always appealing.
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 3: Disciple
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 05
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 18
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 4: To Bud
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 10: Miss Keiichi
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)
  • InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)