Start by marking “InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)” as Want to Read:
InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)

InuYasha: Flesh and Bone

(InuYasha #5)

The adventure ensues in this new tale of the best-selling graphic novel. Inu-Yasha, Kagome, and Shippo continue their quest for more shards of the shattered magic jewel. Along the way, they meet a young girl named Nazuma fleeing from a horde of Spider-Head demons.
192 pages
Published October 1st 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 18th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about InuYasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InuYasha

Miriam
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
New revelations about Inu-Yasha's human side! New revelations about what happened when he and Kikyo had their big fight fifty years ago!

When Shippo the little fox-spirit-boy was introduced I thought he was annoying, but he's been growing on me and this episode made me really like him.

But ARGH extreme cliff-hanger!
Nohely
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Well, it was good while it lasted. Welcome back Kikyo, the character I dislike the most.
Kaotic
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
We finally got to one of my favorite parts of the story. When Inuyasha turns human for a little bit.

With Hanyou (half demons) there is a certain time that comes around when they lose all of their powers and turns human. For Inuyasha it is the night of the new moon. He looses his ears, fangs and claws, his hair turns black and he is completely susceptible to anything that would kill a human.

During this section of the book Inuyasha still tries to protect Kagome, Shippo and the Shikon Jewel fragm
Sana
May 31, 2018 added it
Eww!! a black-haired Inuyasha! After seeing him, I'm glad that he is a half-demon.
Lou
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shonen
Well, I have seen the anime and I hated Kikyo even more than Naraku, therefore I was really mad when she appeared in this volume 😐
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this is really genius turn of events! Exciting, really exciting.
Ady Weasley
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me parece que Kikyo esta celosa de Kagome.

Entran en muchos problemas cuando Inuyasha regresa a su forma humana. La relación de Inuyasha y Kagome es un poco extraña, ¿cuándo se darán cuenta de sus sentimientos?
Por fin aparece Sango! Ahora si todos los personajes que recuerdo están presentes
Diana
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahora veo el porqué insisten tanto en el anime que Aome ya se que es Kagome pero nah, me acostumbre a la versión latina del nombre y Kikyo se parecen tanto, al menos en este tomo son idénticas.
Admito que soy de esas personas que empezó odiando a Kikyo pero con el tiempo fui cambiando de opinión.
Sesana
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read, comics, fantasy
Moves the overarching story along in a huge way, first by exposing InuYasha's weakness (he turns into a human at the new moon) and then by further exploring his connection with Kikyo (view spoiler).
Ubalstecha
Fun, quick read.
Ernest
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Solid without being anything spectacular to distinguish it from any other volume.
Caroline
Oct 08, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
The first part of this volume, dealing with Inu Yasha's weakness as a half-demon was interesting, but by far the part that shined for me was the revelations involving Kikyo in the second half.
Kara
Mar 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I LOVE INUYASHAAA!
Fumphwoog, Lady of all Sorrows
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, some random weird stuff in it... but I like all of the different types of demons in it. :)
Supermomochan (PeachyFishyBooks)
Omg...Kikyo...this killed me.
Vanessa Kay
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This review is for the series as a whole with 4.5 out of 5 stars*

This series is absolutely the longest series I’ve ever read so far, with a total of 56 volumes containing 559 chapters. Yeah right? I grew up watching anime and when I stumbled to this one, I instantly got hook. I’m so in love with this anime that I have the complete anime series in my possession. Yep! It occupy mostly the memory of my external drive haha sucker I know. And it’s just now that I finally had the courage to read its
Shawna (BacchusVines)
Ugh, the beginning of one of the worst InuYasha character interactions. I hate, hate Kikyo. I felt she never really did anything for his character. I wish she was only a arc thing, but OF COURSE SHE STICKS AROUND TO CONFUSE THE POOR DOG-DEMON-HUMAN-DUDE.

This volume isn't all in vain, because before that, Inu-Yasha turned into a human on the new moon!! :O I love this part, because I feel that he sees how Kagome really cares about his well being outside of his half-demon part. :o
Shelley
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah, woah, woah. Tantas cosas que no recordaba...

Buen plot twist cuando InuYasha se convierte en humano (lo había olvidado por completo). Me provoca un "aw" automático verlo indefenso y que aún así evite dejarlo al descubierto, y siga protegiendo a sus amigos.

Por otro lado, bendita Kikyo que tantos dolores de cabeza me trajo... Welcome back. Tal vez ahora con más edad pueda a llegar a entenderla algo más.

No, en realidad todos sabemos que no.
Roxs Goncalves
Dios mío, Kikyo por fin apareció!

Debo decir que de las primeras temporadas (en el anime) estos capítulos sobre la resurrección de Kikyo son mis favoritos. Los pensamientos de Inuyasha entre lo que siente por Kagome y por Kikyo son tales que me fascinan. Y aquí se visualizan mucho mejor.

Además que, como siempre, el diseño de Rumiko me encanta muchísimo.
Brina
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bekennender Kikyo-Fan.
Ich mochte ihren Auftritt in diesem Band echt gern. Das bringt eine neue Spannung in die Geschichte.
Man bekommt erste Hinweise auf ihre gemeinsame Geschichte mit Inu Yasha - macht auf jeden Fall neugierig.
Susanne
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I loved this part because we find out so much about the past and what happened to get tp this point and why feelings are hurt for some of the main characters. I am excited to read more about this part.
Rosalynd
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vuelco al corazón bang bang.
Torpe Tío Panini, me trae hecha un lio con los capítulos de cada tomo, pero la edición es simplemente preciosa. Entonces os digo, no se exactamente en que apartado va, pero... Vuelco al corazón bang bang.
Dbgirl
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
It was nice they tell more about Kagome, InuYasha and Kikyo. Spiders were scary. I expect now more from this series, it's getting to be more interesting now.
Alyssa
Inuyasha can be so sweet sometimes.
B
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.75
Leandra
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
AMY♥Queen Of The Fat Cats♥
Takashi Sensei listened to my prayers. More romance on this one.
Ash
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Ben Nealis
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The best book in the series so far. Very intriguing.
Joti
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 8: Friend
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 05
  • Red River, Vol. 9 (Red River, #9)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 25
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)