Start by marking “InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)” as Want to Read:
InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)

InuYasha: Good Intentions

(InuYasha #3)

Inu-Yasha's magic sword can only be wielded in defense of humanity. But when the lovesick Nobunaga tells Kagome and InuYasha the story of a 300-year-old demon, it seems that such a sword might come in handy!
192 pages
Published July 9th 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 18th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about InuYasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InuYasha

Rose
This volume felt like a combination of volume 1 and 2 because everything that happened resulted in me being like "AGAIN, REALLY!?". Also, after 100 pages I couldn't help but groan when I realized that I had another 100 to get through. And that's saying something, considering it usually takes me a little less than an hour to finish a manga in one sitting.

Anyway, I still have the next 3 volumes from the library here and as I said in my review for volume 2, if it doesn't get better with the next v
Gʀᴇʏʜᴀᴍᴇ
Some of the best manga is the oldest.

I was looking for differences between this volume and the early episodes but the story stayed very close to the same. At the end we meet Shippo and the "Thunder Brothers" which is an enjoyable arc.

We also get some creepiness thrown in between.

One thing I had to note was that I forgot that InuYasha's blade could only be summoned to save someone. I'm not sure how heavily that's mentioned in the show or even if it is. Either way, I love that catch.
Sesana
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy, re-read
One of the things that I really like about InuYasha are the touches of humor, mixed in with the action. I also liked how much time was spent in the modern world with Kagome. The change of scene was nice, and I'm pretty sure there's less and less of that as the series continues.
B
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.75
AlphaMom
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
"Just let me protect you." Or whatever the heck it was, it was awesome. And that was like a major turn of events at this point. YOU GO INUYASHA!

(Does it remind anyone else of the sword of Gryfinndor by any chance? No? Only me?)
Christina
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this volume, Kagome and Inuyasha, wielding his new yet peculiar weapon the Tetsusaiga, attempt to save a Princess and many young maidens from a demon possessing the Lord of a village.
Soon after, Kagome makes her usual break from the feudal era by going back through the well to the present day.
While in attempt to study for her makeup exam and then go back down the well to the feudal era, Kagome is attacked by a demon right through her window! With Inuyasha left behind in the feudal era with no
Starbubbles
Nov 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
it's amazing how fast she got almost half of the main characters out in the story already. i mean, it's a 20+ volume series and this is book 3, time can be taken here. haha! wasn't i saying earlier that it's a slow start? anyway, sometimes i wish that series with lots of characters in the main cast would focus a little more on the first, say 3 characters introduced before moving on to adding almost the whole cast. well, there's still a bit more of the cast to get here, so i'm getting ahead of my ...more
Steph
May 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I love InuYasha. It has everything a good book (or manga, in this case) should have. Action, adventure, romance, humor. Rumiko Takahasi draws her mangas extremley well, and that makes it even better in my opinion.
Vanessa Kay
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This review is for the series as a whole with 4.5 out of 5 stars*

This series is absolutely the longest series I’ve ever read so far, with a total of 56 volumes containing 559 chapters. Yeah right? I grew up watching anime and when I stumbled to this one, I instantly got hook. I’m so in love with this anime that I have the complete anime series in my possession. Yep! It occupy mostly the memory of my external drive haha sucker I know. And it’s just now that I finally had the courage to read its
Shelley
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debí figurarme que mi romance adolescente iba a terminar así. Un gran lol por eso.

En este tomo tal vez hubo demasiado: la mujer con la máscara, Hojo, Shippo, los hermanos relámpago. Voy a destacar igualmente a Hojo, porque adoro su ingenuidad; y a Shippo porque a) es un personaje principal, b) su voz es la única que me quedó grabada, c) tiene toda la pureza de un niño.

Para corroborar más adelante: en este tomo InuYasha se da cuenta de lo que siente por Kagome.
Lorena Martínez
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Si, es un poco repetitivo lo de los monstruos. Pero en cada batalle aprendemos algo de los personajes. Me encanta Shippo. Y la pregunta que tengo desde el tomo pasado es: ¿Qué o quién diablos eres Kagome?
Shawna (BacchusVines)
This volume contains some of my favorite Inu-Yasha moments! I love the fight with the Lightning/Thunder brothers, and the Noh Mask will always give me the creeps. Also, yay for Inu-Yasha in the modern world :D
Kately Rivero
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A fun and light read. It's nice seeing how faithful the anime is to the manga. The Noh mask story is different here and I actually prefer this one over the anime's.
Marguerite
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Another very cute volume in the Inuyasha series! Looking forward to reading on, so looks like I have to put down some holds at the library :)
Ady Weasley
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inuyasha humano, kikyo de vuelta, la aparición de Miroku, este fue un gran tomo❤❤🤓 ...more
Wyatt Meyer
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its ok
Dbgirl
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
It was good but to be honest, I can't remember it anymore.
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I guess everything will follow formula from now on. Yet, I still liked reading it.
Susanne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I love this manga. The relationship between Inu Yasha and Kagome is so interesting. Great piece!
It’sJustMiharu Sakura
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This manga is a bit different than the anime. This manga has more gore than the anime and it’s short. But hey, at least I like it.
Nico
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
the manga is a lot more matrue than the anime, I like it
Fernanda
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, favorites, manga
Inuyasha is so cute, he pretend be more like a monster but he's so human, I love him. That part when Kagome realizes that he can be gentle is my favorite.♡
Ash
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Sevairi
This volume is possibly my favourite one of the series thus far.

The kappas at the beginning are adorable. It's like a mini comedy show, which continues on with Nobunaga and Hiyashimaru. Although, where Nobunaga's faults are made heavily apparent, such as his inherent clumsiness, he has redeeming qualities which outweigh them. He has a genuine love for Princess Tsuyu and his determination to save her is unmatched. Not to mention his compassion for others and his code of non-violence. He even brin
Kaotic
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
We meet yet another one of the main cast in this volume, Shippo. A small Yokai who has suffered a great loss and now seeks to obtain the Shikkon Jewel shards to gain power to avenge the death. He isn't one of the best characters in my opinion, I actually found him a little annoying throughout the series. I found him a little boring an irritating at times.

Speaking of irritating, we also see one of my biggest pet peeves about this series. The fact that throughout attempting to save the Feudal era
Joti
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brittany
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Bbabri
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kagome a 20.század csodás szereivel –ez esetben egy hajlakk vagy valami hasonló és gyufa – segített Nobunaga-nak .
Ezek után visszatértek Kaede anyó kunyhójába,hiszen Kagome-nak vissza kell mennie a saját korába dolgozatot írni. O.O
Kicsit megdöbbentő emiatt visszamenni,de hát Kagome ilyen.

Most éppen az ő korában történnek bajok.Inuyasha megsérti Kagome-t,aki vissza sérti,és Kagome-nak egyedül kell boldogulnia,de megjelenik Inuyasha, és megvédi Kagome-t.
A kapcsolatuk már sokat javult,de még mindig
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kagome and InuYasha meet Nobunaga Who is trying to save a girl (of course) from a man who is gathering all the maidens in his domain and using them to sustain his demon soul which has possessed the body of a human lord! Kagome and Nobunaga manage to convince InuYasha not to kill them both (by killing the host body) and as a result he sits this fight out. Go Kagome!

Also in the volume, Kagome returns home to practice and write her entrance exam, threatening InuYasha horrible pain if he dares to fo
Candice Snow
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This episode is so trippy! The frog guy still makes me laugh to this day. When he turns back into a prince, it reminds me of the scene in Beauty and the Beast when the Beast turns back into a prince and he's way uglier than when he was a Beast. LOL

The whole plot line with the mask that takes over peoples bodies. . . EW. She used to TERRIFY my as a child. Seriously, the nightmares. The nightmares!

This pretty much sums up my first reaction to the mask lady:
scared photo: scared scared.gif

Another great episode! And a really ado
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 2: Oracle
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 28
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 10
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 4: To Bud
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 4
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)
  • InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)