Start by marking “King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)” as Want to Read:
King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)

King of Sword and Sky

(Tairen Soul #3)

One passion could unite them.
One enemy could destroy them.

Rain, the proud and haunted Fey King, risked everything to follow his heart and his destiny to Ellysetta—his truemate, his love, the woodcarver's daughter who possessed miraculous gifts she did not understand. He defied the nobles of Celieria to claim her, battled demons and Elden mages to wed her.

And now he must p
Mass Market Paperback, 467 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about King of Sword and Sky, please sign up.
Adrielle The atrocities continue. They are written to cause discomfort and hate for the enemy because it is a world of magic and thus the power hungry can do…moreThe atrocities continue. They are written to cause discomfort and hate for the enemy because it is a world of magic and thus the power hungry can do that much more damage.(less)

Robin (Bridge Four)
It is hard for me to rate this, because I liked the book so much but if I was just judging it on being a fantasy or a romance it might fall a little short.

Just Fantasy = ✬✬✬
Just Romance = ✫✫✫
Romantasy = ★★★★

But as a mash up of two of my favorite genres it is better than just one or the other. This is a romance first and a fantasy second. But don’t let that deter you as there are some great concepts and world building elements along the way.

Ellysetta has been foreseen by the eye to be the one p
Jeanne
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It's really a shame that these books are classified as Romance, because I feel they would appeal to a much larger audience were they not. Cheryl Wilson has crafted a marvelous fantasy world complete with all the elements including a language for her Fey. Her characters are complex and her pacing is some of the best I've seen. Yes, there are romantic elements, but they are not gratuitous at all and add to the complexity of her story. I found myself many a night staying up to read far later than I ...more
C.L. Wilson
Sep 20, 2008 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Only One Enemy Could Destroy Them.

“C. L. Wilson’s exquisitely written romantic fantasy debut will dazzle readers with its richly imaginative story” —Chicago Tribune on Lord of the Fading Lands

Only One Love Could Unite Them.

“Wilson jumps back into her tale without skipping a beat, expanding her world with finesse while boldly taking her story in entirely unexpected directions.” —Publishers Weekly on Lady of Light and Shadows

Only Together Could They Lead Their People To Victory…

The magical tai
Lover of Romance
"Ve sha kem'tani. Kem'san. Kem'reisa" You are my mate. My Heart. My soul. With hands and words and lips and teeth, he claimed her, declaring possession, marking her with his touch, his kiss, his breath, the scent of his skin rubbing her with hot friction, singing to her soul.

Rain and Ellysetta have left Celieria, knowing that their enemy is going to attack soon. Ellie is sad to be leaving her family and the only life she has ever known. Ellie knows her destiny is to save the Fey, even though sh
Aly is so frigging bored
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2nd read 25-26 January 2016
Buddy read with Anzu and maybe Maru

1st read 3-4 April 2015
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

"It seems to me when the ways of the past lead only to death, then change is the only hope for life.”

This series keeps surprising me. I did not expect so many things of vital significance to be revealed in this book. It was just great. I do not have any regrets picking this series up (and my friend knows just what kind of books i love, so i thank her for recommending me this) - it might even become one of my favorite series.

This time there were greatly written battle
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
This is a combined review over the 5 books of this Series.

OK...so I read all 5 of this series non stop this weekend...

I just couldn't put this series down for the life of me.

Yes, it does drag on in parts and found myself skimming over paragraphs but overall this was a freakin fantastic series full of Fey, Dragons, Mages, Elves and so many other characters...but...

who won my heart??

Ellie - shit...she was a perfect main character and stole the book for me. From the beginning, the way the author de
Zeek
Wilson hits the mark once again with this the third installment in Wilson's Tairen Souls series! The characters are finally coming into their own and Elly is FINALLY learning to let go and trust her mate. Not enough to complete the bond, which is sorta frustrating, but she's getting there. And let me tell you, these two are generating some steam when they get together!

In KOS&S, Elly and Rain are on their way to The Fading Lands, the home of the Fey and where Rain is King. This book focuses m
Barbara
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I know it's weird, but is it normal to be as depressed as I am that I won't get another shot of Wilson's finest before October??? Argh..You would think after reading all 3 books in this series back to back to back that I would be a little ready to move on...but I'm not! It's been a long time since I've been this hooked on a series. So here's my second question...

Is it better to have read and have to impatiently wait...or to have never read something so wonderful at all?
valee
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
PERFECTION.

She reached up to cup his face in her hands. "Do you love me, Rain?"
"More than I knew it was possible to love. All the stars will fall from the heavens before I ever stop."

**SIGH
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants the BEST of fantasy and romance
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: Stacia
[EDIT March 2015] Re-reading this series for I think the fourth time (also listened to the wonderful audios) and never will tire of this story and spending time in the incredible world this author has created. My favorite fantisy world I have visited in a book! This particular one I have in hardback and signed by the author - a treasure as not many hardbacks were done. Moving on to the next book! My original review from 2010 is below - no way to explain just why this is so special.

I read this se
Ann (annreads)
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
*Reread November 2018*

“Do you love me, Rain?"
"More than I knew it was possible to love. All the stars will fall from the heavens before I ever stop.”

Loving this series so much! Now that I'm finally all caught up with my reread of the first three books, I'm excited see how everything will go from here!

4,25/5★★★★
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
“Will it always be like this?” “Like what?” “Like magic, between us.” His eyes flared bright for a brief instant. “Aiyah, Ellysetta, it will. Shei’tanitsa bonds, once forged, will never wane. What exists between us will last to the end of time.”

Swoon! Swoon! Swoon! The feels in this book continue to capture my heart. I could read about Rain and Ellysetta for several more books. They have easily become one of my favorite book couples. I think I could read a whole book about them without any f
Katie(babs)
May 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
C.L. has a lot to live up to with this third book and the continuing tale of Ellysetta Baristani and her soul mate and husband Rainer vel’En Daris who must save the Tairens from extinction. Ellysetta is the key to the Tairen’s salvation and if she fails, both the Fey and Tairen will fall victim to their enemy, the Mages of Eld. King of Sword and Sky begins where Lady of Light and Shadow has left off. Rain is taking Ellie to his home, the Fading Lands, along with her father, Sol, and her younger ...more
Lady of the Lake
THIS WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!

The entire series was superb! Sometimes when there are sequels to a good book (of any genre) they have a tendency to deteriorate in quality as the stories continue....THIS DID THE OPPOSITE! The storyline got deeper it was just fabulous. Wilson did such a phenomenal job at creating the world in which this takes place. There was nothing left out, from the visuals to the characters to the spoken language that was developed for the Fae! (I find myself using some of the phras
Erin O'Roark
Holy Lord of guilty pleasures, sign me up on your naughty list because WHY DID I READ THESE?! But I did. And I am.

I don't even know what to say about these books. I don't know...how to words? But I know one thing: they aren't that great but Holy %#@% I can't stop reading them.

HELP.
Lazybee
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series keeps on getting better and better.
Steven Peterson
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I never would have believed that I'd be reading a fantasy and fantasy romance work like this. But, after having read the first two books in this series, I am hooked! And the third keeps me hooked.

The two key characters are Rainer vel'En Daris, the Fey King, and Elysetta Baristani, purportedly a woodcutter's daughter but, actually, much more than that. Indeed, her parents, with the intervention of the evil High Mage of Eld, Vadim Maur, have created a powerful woman, with magic of great depth. And
Kathleen
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathleen by: KindleRomance Reviews
This book was so amazing that I don't think my review will do it justice but I'll tell you what I found so amazing about this book, EVERYTHING! From the imagination used in writing it, the story itself, the characters, the feelings it gave me while reading it, the good verses evil, the fighting scenes, the love scenes, The magic. WOW! WOW! WOW!

See I told you I could not write a review deserving of this story/series. All's I can add is, if you have thought about giving this series a try, I say wh
Dragana
Less sexy time, more action and we have a better book! King of Sword and Sky was addictive and easy to read like Lord of the Fading Lands, not boring like Lady of Light and Shadows. I am hoping right into the next book, because I can't wait to find out what happens next. So much intrigue and danger!
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) by: Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
My review can also be found on Reading Lark After Dark: http://readinglarkafterdark.blogspot....

You know what I hate about completing this book?? I'm now past the half-way point in this series. Only two books left, and I'll be so sad when it's all over. *sniff*

King of Sword and Sky continues its rich story-telling, wonderful character development, and we finally get to meet the Tairen. What awesome creatures they are... and by awesome I mean, magnificent, enormous, highly intelligent and fierce
Lisa
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit it.

My mind was officially blown with this book.

The first 2/3 of the book for me dragged on a bit. (view spoiler)

The last 1/3 was just so much fun and busy that I was just glued to my scre
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"I think you look upon this Fey more favorably than he deserves, kem'san."

"Nei, I see him plainly enough." She laid her palm against his chest. "And I love the Fey I see."

So the battle begins and it was fantastic! This story was as intense as it is addicting. A lot of events unfold and there are many questions that still need answers.
From her first trip to the Fading Lands, until the last battle in Orest, poor Ellysetta's heart and magic are tested relentlessly. Despite the fact that she brings
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
There's something to be said for a good fantasy that can't quite be said. C.L Wilson is an author who continues to impress me with her fantasy series that is also a sizzling romance series. The third book in this series really wowed me in story development. I never saw what happened coming.

This book largely dealt with Rain and Ellysetta trying to save the dying tairen, and thus the Fey. It also dealt with some political maneuverings in the Fey world, but I was glad to see that ultimately Rain's
Lynda Warnock
Sep 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Amazing...incredible…outstanding…these words are not enough to describe the third installment of the Tairen Soul SeriesKing of Sword and Sky by C.L. Wilson. I read the first two books and have been anxiously awaiting the last two in the series. I was not disappointed one iota.

Ms. Wilson is a phenomenal world builder, so much so you can see every room, mountain, and road in your mind’s eye as you are immersed in the story of Rain and Ellysetta and the rest of the Fey. The first books were exce
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Carolyn F.
Jun 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book takes Ellie and Rain to fairy where at first everyone loves her and then they start attacking her. This shows the closeness between Rain and Ellie and their relationship with the Tairen. Ends horrible (but good for the books). I'm moving straight on to book #4 and have liked this series so much I preordered book #5. Wonderful series, would recommend it.
HJ
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
reread 11/2016
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first chunk of this book was a little slow, but the second half more than made up for it.

On to the next!
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1)
  • The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • Prince's Fire (Hearts and Thrones, #3)
  • Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)
  • Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2)
C.L. Wilsons unique blend of pulse-pounding action, sweeping epic fantasy, and passionate romance has made her books a favorite read for romance and fantasy readers alike. Praised for exceptional worldbuilding and lyric prose, her critically acclaimed novels have regularly appeared on bestseller lists including the USA Today, the New York Times, and Publishers Weekly.

C.Ls novels have won numerous

Tairen Soul (5 books)
  • Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
“Live well.
Love deep.
Tomorrow, we die.”
27 likes
“That was the strength of Ellysetta's weave. Bright, unyielding,indefatigable love. Love that did not know surrender. Love that did not understand limitations or even basic self-preservation. Love that would batter itself to death before giving in to defeat.” 18 likes