Start by marking “Collected Christmas Horror Shorts” as Want to Read:
Collected Christmas Horror Shorts

Collected Christmas Horror Shorts

Christmas is often thought of as a time of joy and cheer, a time for giving to others, a time of celebration and love…. Well this year some of the best voices in horror fiction decided to band together and tell you some tales about a different kind of Christmas, so grab yourself a mug of hot chocolate, close the curtains, lock the door and get comfy. This will be a Christm ...more
Published November 30th 2016 by Kevin J Kennedy (first published November 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Collected Christmas Horror Shorts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collected Christmas Horror Shorts

Marie
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
These Christmas horror stories were really good and after reading them, I have some new authors to explore. Favorite stories were: Thy Will Be Done, Tommy's Christmas, Hung With Care, In The Bag, The Night Before Christmas, The Present (justice was served well in this story), Slay Bells (I will never think of sleigh bells the same way again after reading this story), Santa's Midnight Feast, and The Christmas Spirit. Giving this book four stars.
Tyler J [They/He] (Wickedjr Reads)
24 Holiday Horror short stories! I really did enjoy this collection over-all. There were a few I didn't care for but mostly I enjoyed them and loved some of them.

My favorites being

Better Watch Out by Willow Rose
All Naughty, No Nice by Michael A. Arnzen
The Christmas Spirit by Lisa Morton
Merry Fucking Christmas by Kevin J. Kennedy
Killing Christmas by Andrew Lennon

My average rating ended up being 3.35

If you like holiday horror, i'd recomm
Esther
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

It was easy to rush through this book, because it's not so long. The stories were easy to read as well and I enjoyed most of them. I loved celebrating the Christmas spirit with some good, gory horror stories. The horror in this book is of all different kinds; gory horror, creepy horror, WTF-horror, and I liked the fact that it's something different every story.
I was also very fond of the creat
Celeste Crotts
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of Collected Christmas Horror Shorts, in return for my honest review. I love horror, books, movies, art, all of it! I don't however, care much for Christmas. I have a bad history with Christmas. That being said, this was my FAVORITE Christmas book EVER!!! From the stories with a twist on the classic Christmas favorites, to the poems, to the awesome and terrifying new spins of this most loved (by some) holiday. I don't think there was a story I didn't enjoy. If you love hor ...more
Elizabeth Cash
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Horror is my favorite genre. Christmas is my favorite holiday. You usually don't put two and two together. But when I heard that Kevin was coming out with a book that would combine the two, I knew right away I wouldn't be disappointed. And I was right!

You want scary? Read this!
You want hide under you covers good? Read this!
You want a book so complex, intriguing, and terrifyingly intense you have to read it twice? READ THIS!

Each story presented something new for me to sc
Autumn Is Azathoth
Review: COLLECTED CHRISTMAS HORROR SHORTS

A great gift choice for horror lovers or gift to oneself, COLLECTED CHRISTMAS HORROR SHORTS provides a wide range of eclectic horror, to read straight through, or sample a story or a poem at a time, like poisoned candy. The anthology showcases 24 authors, including publisher Kevin Kennedy, and includes a foreword by Nev Murray (edited by Brandy Yassa).

Curl up with frightening Christmas horror.
Yvonne Davies
It’s still only November and TV is awash with Christmas ads so to get me in the mood than reading an anthology of Christmas Horror shorts. With a mixture of 24 stories and poems, this book will certainly bring some Christmas cheer to Horror lovers. With so many stories I will still be writing this review on Christmas Eve so for time purposes, I am going to pick the ones that stood out for me. This was a difficult choice as they were all good reads.
Naughty or Nice by Veronica Smith: The story of
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Full review soon. I'm deliberating on my final star rating too. Be on it soon!
Chris Torretta
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love reading a good anthology at Halloween because that’s when you get the best collections of horror stories. It’s the time of year that weirdos like me actually fit in. Not Christmas. I mean how can you make an anthology of Christmas horror stories that will be genuine horror? Seriously? It doesn’t’ fit, does it? Christmas is jolly and nice, not evil and nasty. Or is it? – Nev Murray

This is me every single year! So when I saw this fabulous book on Kindle Unlimited of course I wa
Gary Price
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I totally loved this collection of horror stories. I was pleased because every story was just as good as the one before. I can't pick out a favorite because it was impossible. The best thing about the book is that it finally put Santa Claus in the right light. Don't read this if you can't stomach excellent horror stories.
Te
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts
Great collection of horror shorts covering a range of genres. Some real stand out stuff.
Beth
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, short-stories
Rating: 3.5

Thoughts: Overall this was a pretty good mix collection of horror short stories with Christmas as the theme. Some were really good in opinion and had me checking twice (haha) around the tree, and those Santa clad relatives as my favorite holiday was given a different spin this year.

The Last Christmas Dinner, All Naughty, No Nice, The Night Before Christmas, and In the Bag, were some of my favorites.
Cherry
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great mix of horror

Really great stories contained in this anthology
Definitely recommend this to everyone who loves a great horror mix. I’m definitely buying the next anthology in this series.
Mystie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seasonal chills

Need something to blur the overwhelming consumerism of Christmas? Pick up this little gem,and take a sleigh ride into seasonal horror. Really fun read, with some great exposure to new authors, (to me), in one of my favorite genres.
Lisa Swearengin
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merry Scary Christmas!

This was my first foray into Christmas horror and I loved it!! I didn't really know what to expect, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. Each story had it's own scary, creepy feel. Some were more subtle than others.

I love this collection!
Roxie Prince
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this review and more on my blog at [Roxie Writes].

‘Collected Christmas Horror Shorts (Collected Horror Shorts Book 1)’ presented by Kevin J. Kennedy
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4/5
Finished on December 20, 2018
Read with Kindle Unlimited Subscription
FREE on Kindle Unlimited | $2.99 on Kindle | $12.99 in Paperback

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Christmas is often thought of as a time of joy and cheer, a time for giving to others, a time of celebration and love…. Well, this year some of the best voices in h/>Christmas/>
BOOK
Ryan
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Moderate spoilers.

A perfect gift to get you through the holidays. Keep in mind that a bulk of the stories deal with Santa, whether he takes the form of a burglar, psychological tormentor or humorous pervert. All the St. Nick readings were clever and well crafted, but if that’s not your jam, I strongly recommend you check out the others. My favorites in no particular order:

‘The Christmas Spirit’ by Lisa Morton. A silent horror tale that made me feel like I was watching a h
Elisa
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This collection of stories will make you see Santa Claus in a whole new way. There are psycho Santas, zombie Santas, creepy Santas, naked Santas and even a girl Santa that will give you nightmares. There are unusual Christmas dinners, including one that will put you off ham for the rest of your life; as well as bizarre celebrations that will make you wish you were blind. Some have a very twisted sense of humor and will make you wonder what Ebenezer Scrooge would be like as a vampire. My absolute ...more
Megan Carbone
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: megan
Ahhh! They ruined Christmas! kind of... Killer Santa's, evil elves, terrifying spirits of Christmas, and poetry. this book has it all. I will probably read it around that holiday every year from now on.
Rose Haskins
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome

Some were gruesome, others heart warming in a gross way. Several I had already read in other books but were still a good read.
Noelle Kelly
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Collected Halloween Shorts and I was pleasantly surprised, so I was excited for the festive version. This book is not for those seeking a nice Christmassy tale. Each story is a dark take on Christmas, terror running through every one.
Best Read
When you want a break from festive cheer and to be carried away to a Christmassy world of horror and gore.

Kevin has gathered together a gruesome collection of seasonal horror tales that are not for the faint of heart. Each sto
Theresa Jacobs
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This Collection was a superb mix of Christmas horror. I am no Christmas fan and thought that reading a bunch of stories surrounding the Holiday may be a horror for me of its own. But I am happy I took the chance. Every tale stood alone, they were wonderful mixes from revamping old tales to creating new monsters. While all were excellently told, below were my all-time favorites (in order from the book)

All Naughty, No Nice. By Michael A Arnzen
A zombie tale like no other, with San
Christina Bergling
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-writing
Since I am included in this anthology, I definitely have a bias. However, looking at all the stories other than my own, I loved the collection. There are a few selections I did not enjoy, but others blew me away. I loved the holiday concept and enjoyed both participating in and enjoying it.
Stacy wilson
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Some good stories and poems within this collection. Not all I could get into hence the 3 star rating!
Emily Carter-Dunn
I love horror short stories, but this collection was a let down. Very amateur and a good few stories were crude and overly-sexual (really not my thing).
Mandy
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just simply EXCELLENT!!! What a holiday collection this was, all of these stories were perfect Christmas mood enhancers for all us Scrooges. Really helped me tap into and siphon out my Christmas Spirit. And they were actually really scary and original...very festive, very festive indeed.
My ass is tinseled and lit!

Ok so, I'm gonna attempt to ever so briefly discuss them all, there are like, 26 of them and yes....I know, my reviews are already a tad bit long windedish -I'm aware- but EVERY story in thiswinded
Robin Lee
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
As I have said before I am not a big anthology girl, mainly because I find most of the time, like a CD or Record, 4-5 good or exceptional stories and the rest are forgettable.

But with this anthology you had 24 amazing stories by upcoming or already known authors. So, if you’re a reader of the indie, Horror world you will recognize some names. Plus, included at the end of each story was a short bio on each author and links to their other books or sites. (This is a great way to find ne
Robin
Jan 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is a terrible collection of shorts. I love Indie authors and I love horror, but this collection was a mess. The stories feel rushed, and there are numerous typos and errors. The spacing at the end of the book where the author bios are is atrocious, with names often separated from the body of the bio. I did not like one story in this book, and it needs a content warning for the highly sexual story toward the end of the book.
Heather Porter
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection of horror stories. There was just enough Christmas to keep me happy, and plenty of horror! I love to have a theme, when it comes to Horror Shorts, and what could be more perfect at this time of year! I absolutely suggest that any avid horror reader, read this collection!!!
Hannah
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Merry Christmas

With all these amazing authors there was no doubt in my mind that this was going to be amazing, each story is filled with Christmas joy and holiday sneer, fun little macabre slices to showcase the amazing talent of all the contributing authors.

• Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2
  • Rage Against the Night
  • Kids
  • The Gate: 13 Dark and Odd Tales
  • 13 Drops of Blood
  • A Vacation From Hell (Hell Bound, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Fears VI
  • Peekers
  • In Laymon's Terms
Kevin J Kennedy is a horror author & editor from Scotland. He is the co-author of You Only Get One Shot, Screechers and has a solo collection available called Dark Thoughts. He is also the publisher of several bestselling anthology series; Collected Horror Shorts, 100 Word Horrors & The Horror Collection, as well as the stand-alone anthology Carnival of Horror. His stories have been featur ...more