Start by marking “Best of A. W. Tozer” as Want to Read:
Best of A. W. Tozer

Best of A. W. Tozer

Included here are 52 favorite chapters that represent the major themes in the works of A.W. Tozer. These incisive passages call every reader to both reflection and meditation.
Published July 1st 1995 by Christian Publications (first published September 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Best of A. W. Tozer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best of A. W. Tozer

Start your review of Best of A. W. Tozer
Stevie
Jan 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tozer is the bomb, to say the least.
Poignant Quotes:
Tribulation has always sobered God’s people and encouraged them to look for and yearn after the return of their Lord.

Which is to say that our attitude toward things is likely in the long run to be more important than the things themselves.

To accept Christ is to form an attachment to the Person of our Lord Jesus altogether unique in human experience. The attachment is intellectual, volitional and emotional. The believer is intellectually convinc
Kendra
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a diamond in the rough, completely overlooked by many. I'm just so thankful that a good friend of mine recommended it to me. She more insisted that I read it instead of recommending it, but I can see why. It's a very deep book. You can read a matter of three pages and need a day or two to think about it. It truly makes you consider Christianity and its expectations of you. I'm a better person for it. I don't know if I could recommend this book more. It's a godsend. So beyond thankfu ...more
Jeremiah
Apr 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Buy Tozer to read and draw from the insights that few others could offer last century. This is a great place to begin reading Tozer's work if you are new to it.
Ann
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tozer is near the top of my faves list for Christian authors. This book is a must have for Tozer fans. He is so succinct, so clear, so forthright, so...right. Love him. Love this book.
Whimsyism
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding
Susanna Steptoe
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Books don't get better than this!
Becky
I would definitely consider myself a fan of A.W. Tozer. I've read dozens of his books at this point. But there are still so many books I haven't read yet. The Best of A.W. Tozer is a compilation of his 'best' work by Warren Wiersbe. It begins with an introduction by Wiersbe that shares with readers WHY they should read Tozer, and, what makes him special. He says it well, I must admit.

The book is composed of excerpts, chapters, from Tozer's books. It includes three chapters from The Pursuit of G
Dean Akin
Good introduction to Tozer.
Andy
Aug 20, 2012 added it
Shelves: owned
Sandy Powers
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tozer is a must read for any serious student of the bible. His insight and thoughtfulness are unmatched.
K.M. Weiland
Sep 24, 2010 rated it liked it
A collection of good thoughts on a variety of important subjects.
Levi Ndiweni
Sep 11, 2014
Thea
Jul 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Ministry of Intercession (Murray): A Plea for More Prayer (Murray Updated Classics Book 1)
  • Jesus Calling: Enjoying His Peace In His Presence (Red Leather)
  • The Life of A.W. Tozer: In Pursuit of God
  • Power Through Prayer
  • The Essentials of Prayer
  • No Compromise
  • What Is the Bible?: How an Ancient Library of Poems, Letters, and Stories Can Transform the Way You Think and Feel About Everything
  • How to Be Here: A Guide to Creating a Life Worth Living
  • Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
  • Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning
  • Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within
  • Choose Yourself: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream
  • The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America's Enemies
  • Wiseguy
  • History of Chess in 50 Moves
Aiden Wilson Tozer was an American evangelical pastor, speaker, writer, and editor. After coming to Christ at the age of seventeen, Tozer found his way into the Christian & Missionary Alliance denomination where he served for over forty years. In 1950, he was appointed by the denomination's General Council to be the editor of "The Alliance Witness" (now "Alliance Life").

Born into poverty in wester

News & Interviews