Start by marking “Dawn on the Road” as Want to Read:
Dawn on the Road

Dawn on the Road

Dawn dreams of adventure and art. When Justin arrives, he convinces her to find inspiration on the back of his motorcycle.

On the road, maybe she'll find a friendship renewed, art, or even love. Or perhaps she'll find all three wrapped up in a different kind of inspiration.
Paperback
Published February 23rd 2017 by Crosslink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dawn on the Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn on the Road

Start your review of Dawn on the Road
Iola
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Dawn Berlin is a high school senior with her life mapped out for her. At least, her mom has Dawn’s life mapped out, starting with an Ivy League college. But Dawn wants to go to art school and study photography. And her first choice of school has an open day next weekend. Not that she’ll be able to go. No way would her mother allow it.

But then Justin Devenport, her childhood best friend, walks into the diner where she works, and the impossible becomes possible. Justin has a motorbike and a tent,
InD'tale Magazine
A contemporary Christian YA story, “Dawn on The Road” is a coming of age tale with a young woman who needs inspiration not only in her photography, but other areas as well.

Read full review in the 2017 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Lisa
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
At 108 pages, Waterhouse’s debut YA novella showcases a quick peek into contemporary teen decision-making with eternal effects.

Sixteen-year-old Dawn is about to start her senior year of high school. With high-achieving Ivy League parents, Dawn is pressured to conform, and she longs to be out from under that label. Meeting up with a motorcycle-riding junior high crush and not only lying but involving her best friend in a lie is not a positive choice with happy results.

Even though the crush is a s
Erica Nicole Pait
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dawn is 16 and with a dream. She wants to go to art school. In Vancouver. But to get there she needs to take a road trip with Justin, her childhood friend. Turns out, this road trip might lead to more than a school. (So if that's not a good enough summary for you, keep tuned. Feb 23 is the day I'm posting the author interview with Lea, and it'll have the official blurb.)

I'm giving this book 4.5 stars.

1: The story line was really quite unique. I enjoyed the trip to Vancouver very much. I felt mys
Chrys Cymri
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I was offered an ARC of this book.

This is more like a 3.5 rating.

There is much to like in this quick read. The plot is solid, as are the characters. I could really believe Dawn going off on a motorcycle. The descriptions of the trip brought back fond memories of my own trip up Highway One.

I struggled a bit to believe in the dialogue. I've worked a lot with teenagers, and both the vocabulary and the emotional insight shown by the teenagers feels a bit too formal and polished for people this age
Kasey Giard