Start by marking “Reason to Believe: A Response to Common Objections to Christianity” as Want to Read:
Reason to Believe: A Response to Common Objections to Christianity

Reason to Believe: A Response to Common Objections to Christianity

Do Christians Have Good Answers for the Really Tough Questions? Dr. R. C. Sproul believes they do. In this unique book, he deals with the most common objections to the truths of the Christian faith, including: * Has science disproved the existence of God? * Will non-Christians who never hear of Christ go to hell? * Is it narrow-minded and bigoted to believe Christ is only ...more
Published February 12th 1982 by Zondervan Academic (first published February 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Reason to Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reason to Believe

Start your review of Reason to Believe: A Response to Common Objections to Christianity
Luke Koskinen
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A decent read combating some of the objections of Christianity. I appreciate that each chapter has the quick end notes or overview.
Jennifer Radtke
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book called to me from my bookshelf to be read next. I thought it would be a nice read. Small in stature, less than 200 pages, and a how-to on belief. For it's size, I think I took the most time to read this book. Not because it's boring or a difficult read but because it's meaty. I couldn't have read through this book fast if I wanted to get anything out of it. I couldn't even get through a chapter at a crack without missing something. I'd end up reading the same sentence over and over aga ...more
Justin
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a great book for someone searching for answers to different questions against following Christ. The book may be small, but it is not a simple read. There is not a lot of fluff to fill the literary cracks. It is very concentrated and may need to be reread for a full comprehension. I really enjoyed this book and plan on rereading it.
Cory Byrd
Sep 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Great book on Apologetics (answering questions concerning faith). RC just uses the right words and examples to bring his point across. He is also very honest and won't state any bias opinion but sticks to the facts whether it is biblical or historical (in most cases both). Good for seekers or people who are curious about the Christian faith.
Paul
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one, even with its overlap with his other book "If there is a God, why are there Atheists?" It wasn't as thorough of an apologetic as I was expecting, but there were key insights that helped me, especially related to justice.
Philip Meinel
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: faith, apologetics
For a non-Christian, this may give you further insight into the Christian faith. For a Christian, this is a great step toward knowing why you believe what you believe. If you enjoyed this book and want to dive deeper, check out "I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist" by Norman Geisler.
Mike
Feb 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Don't think Christianity is reasonable? RC Sproul is a master at making complex things simple to understand for most people. This is an important book everyone, Christians or not, should give an honest read!
Lady Jane
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dr. R.C. Sproul draws upon his own background as one who had angry questions about Christianity, studied philosophy and then ultimately graduated from seminary to become a preeminent author and speaker--teaching theology to laypeople--to address "common objections to Christianity."
Ryan Watkins
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: theology
Very good. Recommended for new Christians.
Rod
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apologetics
This is a great starting book on Christian philosophy and apologetics. Just the beginning though. It'll get you thinking deeper than you ever have before.
John
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't like trying to prove Christianity but this book lends considerable comfort to the faithful both in our own belief and in our ability to talk to others about Chritianity.
Tyrell Mentzer
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Serves it's purpose effectively. it's great for Bible nerds like me, but I wonder if it would keep the interest of the more common, non-philosophical reader.
Dan Gilbert
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
Weak support for the arguments presented. Faulty logic. A bit outdated.
Samantha
Jun 30, 2019
Mark Lickliter
Dec 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• There Is Life After College: What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow
  • Book of Psalms - Alabaster Bible
  • Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom
  • Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
  • Washington: A Life
  • The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ
  • The Great Divorce
  • The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle, #1)
  • Bildung. Alles, was man wissen muß
  • O Cachorrinho Samba
  • The Red Pony
  • The Jungle Book
  • First Rider's Call (Green Rider, #2)
  • Alexander Hamilton
  • A Menina Que Descobriu O Brasil
  • Bisa Bea, Bisa Bel
  • The Abolition of Man
  • The Stories of English

Dr. R.C. Sproul (1939–2017) was founder of Ligonier Ministries, an international Christian discipleship organization located near Orlando, Fla. He was founding pastor of Saint Andrew’s Chapel in Sanford, Fla., first president of Reformation Bible College, and executive editor of Tabletalk magazine.

Ligonier Ministries began in 1971 as the Ligonier Valley Study Center in Ligonier, Pa. In an effort t

News & Interviews

“For a Christian to be a Christian, he must first be a sinner. Being a sinner is a prerequisite for being a church member. The Christian church is one of the few organizations in the world that requires a public acknowledgement of sin as a condition for membership.” 33 likes
“The suffering of the Christian or anyone else in this world is never ultimately an accident. All suffering is within the pale of divine sovereignty. All suffering comes within the broader context of the sovereignty of God.” 4 likes