Start by marking “My Alien” as Want to Read:
My Alien

My Alien

(Alien Chronicles #1)

Zoe Brennan has everything sorted. Finally, she's good friends with the ultra cool Jas and part of her popular group. She even has plans to make new boy, Chad Everett, fall for her. But on one disastrous day at the beach all that changes when she encounters Rion, an extremely annoying alien who informs her they are connected - for life. Bossy and egotistical, he has no hes ...more
Paperback
Published November 1st 2016 by Bennett Lane Press

To ask other readers questions about My Alien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Alien

filming.pages
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2018
*Thank you Voracious Readers and Robin Martin for the copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review*

"My Alien" is a book that revolves around a girl named Zoe, who while strolling at the beach, becomes an involuntary host to an alien in the form of a bubble inside her head. Rion (the alien) is a sassy know-it-all who seems to make Zoe's life a mess, even though he claims otherwise. One night, he materializes and takes the form of a 17 year old boy and Zoe's troubles are just about to begin
noor
My Alien was honestly a greatly entertaining novel. It was so completely out of my comfort reading zone and yet, I enjoyed it so very much. Martin explores her imagination and creates possibilities never studied before. In most alien-science fiction, aliens speak in robot-like voices, look like robots or some slimy creatures, and the list goes on. Not one book or movie have I watched about aliens that talked and described them the way Robin did.

My Alien is a story about a girl who becomes host
Deana
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Alien was a genuinely fun read. It's been a while since I let myself read a book like this, and I thought it was funny, unique, clever and overall fun. First of all, I really loved Rion (I love the name Orion by the way, it's really sweet and unique). Zoe is a girl I think we can all relate to. We find ourselves at stages in life where all we need is a push to do things we may have not been certain we'd have done, or sometimes we sacrifice parts of ourselves to fit in, and it takes an outside ...more
Catherine
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Voracious Readers in return for an honest review. I don't normally like Sci fi or fantasy, but I absolutely loved this story. I found it very difficult to put down and was itching to find out what would happen next. As a result I raced through it and am relieved to note that there is a further book. It was well plotted with plenty of twists and turns. I would recommend it for all ages, even though it is most relevant to the adolescent age group. Thanks again. I look for ...more
Cabiria Aquarius
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Alien.
When I first started it seemed interesting and as it got further in- I feel like I’m really in the books I read so sometimes - at certain situations it made me feel awkward and made me tell myself I needed to push through.

But as I continued I found myself struggling to leave it alone. I needed to know what was going to happen. It ended up being pretty cool. I felt sad and warm at the end. An interesting ending that’s for sure.

Zoe was a good character and Rion was a sassy guy. :)

In th
Nicole Vanadia Davis
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was highly amusing. Witty, funny and a great read. A balanced mix of drama and comedy. Only complaint would be that it was too short. I like a longer story. I didn't realize this was part of series so all is forgiven. I can't wait to read the next one. Side note: I did not realize the book was set in Australia initially, so some of the word choices threw me, but once I realized it didn't much change my ability to read this easily. Definitely worth the read.
Paige Green
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from Rockstar Book Tours. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book Series: First in the Alien Chronicles

Rating: 3/5

Diversity: Aliens (if they truly exist)

Publication Date: November 1, 2016

Genre: YA Fantasy

Recommended Age: 14+ (love, romance, aliens)

Publisher: Bennett Lane Press

Pages: 288

Amazon Link

Synopsis: Zoe Brennan has everything sorted. Finally, she's good friends with the ultra cool Jas and part of her popular group. She even has plans to make new boy, Chad Eve
Maya Powell
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Alien was written by Robin Martin and published by Bennet Lane Press in 2016.

Martin writes about the conflict between doing what’s right and peer pressure. Zoe wanted to hang out with her friends at unsupervised parties and eat junk food but her alien pressured her to do what was right.

Zoe is the main character in this story. She had just broken into the popular group and started making headway with her crush when an alien decided to inhabit her. At first she tries as hard as she could to get
Alana James
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Alien by Robin Martin was a free book given to me to read and review.
I did have a few troubles relating to the main characters, being that is a YA book. I found the main characters slightly immature and annoying at first, which i guess due to my age had me muttering about the naivety of the young and my sister laughing at me from afar.

I pushed through the somewhat cringe worthy arguments and childish behaviour, and I continued reading to find myself hooked.

It was well written and flowed sm
Darlene
Though I have rated this three stars, I still went and bought the next book. I have to stay true to me and my feelings.

The first part of this book is a lot like The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Ugh! what a horrid book that was. So as this alien takes over this teen girl it feels just like that!

Then this turned into a YA. Yes, with all that angst! UGH! times two!

By this point, I was ready to throw the book away. But I couldn't get my other book to load up. So I continued reading. Somewhere around th
Daniella Featherstone
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much for the copy of the book. It was brilliant!
It was cute and hilarious and just an all round good fun book, so I'm surprised more people haven't heard of it. It was the sort of book I needed to cheer myself up and get me out of a reading slump. It also kept me up till 3am but I don't regret it! I didn't expect much opening it, but I was nicely surprised when I realised the characters were growing on me and I was trying not to laugh out loud at some of the conversations between Zo
Starbuck
Jan 22, 2018 rated it did not like it

I received this arc in exchange for an honest review. First I love YA and reading this genre of book forces you to put up with some adolescent ignorance. Apparently the amount of adolescent ignorance and angst was too much. “My Alien” had similarities to Stephanie Myers “Host”, however I never became attached to the protagonists the way I did with Melanie and Wanda. Zoe is very immature and dull. The bickering between a 4000 year old alien and a teenage human left me with a headache. After all t
Christine Burns
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know this was written for young adults. But I absolutely could not stop reading. I am so pleased that I bought the 2nd book on a whim , because now, after writing this,I can start on its sequel. The characters are likeable. The flow of how the story goes, is just that! It flows and sweeps you up reminding what it was like to be at that age. But more then that.

It shows and perhaps gives me the view of how the author sees us as celestial spiritual beings having a human experience. I certainly h
Goth Gone Grey
I received this book for free through Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.

This was a lightweight, enjoyable read. It's well edited and flows nicely. A touch of sci-fi, a touch of teen angst, and a teenager falling for a significantly older 'man' whose mannerisms reminds me of Data from Star Trek. There are a few raised eyebrow plot holes but they're disclosed in the book - where the alien stays and how he fits in, etc.

I appreciate that the ending could leave it as a stand alone book
Kathryn
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book from the author through 'Voracious Readers' in exchange for an honest review.

In a few words it was a good, fun, lighthearted, quick read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I really liked and connected with Zoe and loved her love/hate relationship with Rion. Though some of their fights were a bit immature and there was lots of teen drama, I think it was relatively realistic (for a sci-fi about aliens). It was nice to see a relationship where the characters have realistic flaws a
Vicky Quenault
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
My Alien is a good read for a preteen. Its a great idea for a story, well paced and doesnt deal with any serious issues that would lead a parent to worry.
The characters have potential to become more complex, and they are already likeable.
An enjoyable book.
I received a complimentary copy from Voracious Readers in return for an honest review.
Lorraine
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AN AWESOME READ!!

My Alien was a non-stop read!! A brilliant story about a alien, who literary drop onto a young girl. The constant talking in her head, by the alien was driving her crazy. Comments about her food intake and all sorts of thing she should be doing, mostly about doing her homework...lol. A great story!!
Abbie
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
* Thank you Voracious Readers and Robin Martin for the copy of the book, and an honest review.*

Honestly, I could not get into this book at all. I read the whole thing and just couldn't get into to it. I couldn't relate to any of the chat or the problems they faced.

There's not much to really say about this book except that it wasn't my cup of tea.
Karen
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a blurb and known you were going to love the story?

I made myself wait a week before reading as I knew I would devour it in one hit, which I did.

Loved the characters and story line; plus it was also great to be set in the same country I live in.

I should probably give a fuller review, but I'm impatient - I want to read the second book

Ruth Garlick
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Alien is a new series by Aussie author Robin Martin. A typical teenager called Zoe has a great life with the popular girls and partying, until she goes for a walk on the cold beach when an alien enters her life. Bound to Rion for life, Zoe must learn to adapt and change.
Imaginative and addictive – it even made me want to cry – this is something that I believe many young people will love.
Stephanie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-copy, own-it
Soap bubbles and Aliens!! This cute story made me laugh and laugh. What a great twist to meeting and interacting with an Alien. I am looking forward to reading more in this series and seeing what happens next.

I was gifted an ARC in return for an honest review.
Karen
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers and I really enjoyed the book. I can’t wait to read the next book. I loved the ending and all the possibilities the next book can hold
Patricia A.Bunn
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

Great Book I love it it was great and powerful and cute little book I love it
I think that you might love it too
Thank You For Letting Me Read This Book I love 💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘
Warren Ward
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

I thought it,was a little simplistic writing at first, but it grew on me. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters and looked forward to the relationship developing.

Good, clean fun!
Rachel
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
It was great to read an Australian based book. Although it was written for young adults i felt it was for the younger end of this spectrum. Advertising for this book stated it was “funny”, found it to be more of a drama genre. Well written just not my cup of tea.
Cheryl Lopatka
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Very sweet story about a young girl who meets an alien who looks like a handsome model of her own age. I would recommend it.
Sonia Knippshild
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read for a teenage girl. Very believable characters. I'm interested to see where this series goes.
Hannah smith
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down, the ending made me tear up
Ashleigh Barnes
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very different to what I was expecting but in a really good way. I can't wait to read the next instalment and find what happens next 😁😀
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's an amazing and exciting book to read. You would never guess what will happen next. It deserves more than five stars.
teen who has an alien inside her 2 4 Feb 15, 2018 06:54AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: My Alien by Robin Martin Starting October 7th! 3 6 Oct 08, 2017 10:27AM

• Prince Preemie: A Tale of a Tiny Puppy Who Arrives Early
  • Made in Paracord: 25 Great Jewelry, Accessories, and Home Projects to Knot
  • Paper Airplane
  • A Place Called Raindot
  • S Is for Science
  • Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! And Lives to Tell About It. (A Charlie Joe Jackson Spinoff)
  • Henry Holton Takes the Ice
  • The Dragon and the Princess
  • Children of Neptune (Volume 1)
Robin Matin is an author and teacher, who writes both adult and young adult romance. Originally from Canada, she now lives in Brisbane, Australia. Her YA sci fi romance series, The Alien Chronicles includes My Alien, The Alien Within, and Once an Alien.
Her adult books published under the name Robin Thomas, include High Stakes and Bonjour Cherie.

A member of the Romance Writers of Australia and Writ

Alien Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Alien Within: Book 2 of The Alien Chronicles