Start by marking “One in a Million” as Want to Read:
One in a Million

One in a Million

Delightful…As soul-warming as curling up with a cup of tea. It’s My Fair Lady for our times… Kelk’s voice shines through in what is, ultimately, a lighthearted, warm romance about the unlikely connections we forge because of, or really in spite of, the digital age.” Entertainment Weekly

Everyone wants that special someone….

Annie Higgins has given up on love: she’s too busy
Published September 25th 2018 by HarperCollins (first published July 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Million, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Million

Emer
This is the fourteenth full length Lindsey Kelk novel. I've read each and every one... I also own each and every one...in eBook and physical editions... Yup. I'm a slightly obsessive Lindsey fangirl.... FYI there are also two eBook only novellas....

And this was great. I laughed a lot early on in the book. I got the ending I wanted and expected... But... I dunno... I liked it but I'm a bit *whelmed*.... You know rather than over- or underwhelmed... I'm somewhere in the middle....

Annie, the MC, wa
Claire Robinson
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 - "I happen to think you’re fairly close to perfect." Stars!

It’s been a looooong time since I read a book by this author, I didn’t realize just how much so until I checked my ‘Read’ shelf. But like in life, it’s amazing how the years in Booklandia fly by and the amount of books released by said writer pile up before you get back to reading their words again.

"I’ve got this."

I’ll admit the blurb for One in A Million was what drew me in initially because I love a good nerd to cool-nerd transforma
Camilla Isley
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How I adored this book!

Initially, I thought it was going to be a love-hate romantic comedy, but after a while it became clear it was only a case of a grumpy, and not very socially skilled leading man: Dr. Samuel Page, the hottest historian you'll ever meet.

With his obsession about history Sam reminded me a little of Ross and dinosaurs from Friends. You know, if Ross was tall, blond, blue-eyed, impossibly hot, and owned a cat. Yes, because Sam not only is a Jane-Austen-y hero with all his old-fa
Charanya
5-never-wanted-this-book-to-end stars!

Not wanting a book to end is the highest of honours I feel for a book, almost across all genres, maybe not a murder mystery but you get the drift! I HEART Lindsey's standalone books ;) , don't get me wrong, her series' are quite amazing too but to wrap up a heartfelt, funny story in one book is like eating a scrumptious meal. This book is her best standalone work, yet. I could name a million reasons why (yes, pun intended)

What I loved about this book:-
Bookevin
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Sparkling, from start to finish!

Full review: https://bookevin.wordpress.com/2018/0...
Agi
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

In “One in a Million” we meet Annie Higgins who has just betted to turn a very social media unfriendly person into an Instagram influencer. The man in question, Dr Samuel Page, doesn’t know his luck yet and Annie must turn this innocent nerd into an über – cool – nerd with twenty thousand followers in only thirty days. Samuel is absolutely not interested but when Annie learns that his girlfriend has recently dumped him for being only interested in his research work, being emotionally absent, for
Sara
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had humor, romance, an adorable cat, and a swoon-worthy leading man! What's not to love about it? Honestly, it was a fun and cozy page-turner that I enjoyed reading in one sitting.

It's not exactly love-hate. But our hottie male protagonist sure is a tough nut to crack with all his PhDs and "big professor" attitude. The book felt also very modern with all its digital marketing and social media references, which made old-fashioned Dr. Page all the more attractive by comparison.

I love Lin
Simona
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start this review, because this book is absolutely FABULOUS!!!

Lindsey Kelk is one of these very talented writers, who creates a wonderful world around her characters, makes them lively and authentic and comes up with a gripping and exciting storyline.

We follow Annie Higgins, who runs her own agency, dealing with social media. She has given up on men and love. Together with her best friend Miranda she successfully runs the business and takes on a bet from the guys acro
Diem
Look, I can no longer give an objective reading on any Lindsey Kelk book. I love Lindsey Kelk's writing too much — she is one of my keeper shelf authors forever and ever and ever.

Dr Samuel Page PhD really snuck up on me, with his Hiddleston and Hemsworth brothers adjacent looks and his unwavering support of Annie. Hot Historian, innit mate? INNIT?

I do still have the I Heart series to read — I'm saving them for a 'break glass in case of emergency' situation.
Hannah
This book was just beyond perfect. Lindsey Kelk is my QUEEN. Full review to come a bit later when my sense of feelings have come back.
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can see why this is being described as a modern day My Fair Lady, it really is turning someone from nothing on social media into a proper instagram influencer at least in terms of follower count. Of course the person being transformed is rather reluctant and its all come about as a result of a bet thanks to the overly competitive Annie Higgins.

I was laughing early on when Annie was referred to as Professor Higgins by the person she made the bet with regarding her social media prowess. And tha
A_Ryan
5++++ Bloody brilliant My Fair Lady Stars!

God, it's been so long since I read meself a Kelk book! I remember reading the first of the I Heart series and tingling about it for days after, as if I alone had discovered the best kept secret of the rom-com world (My delusions of grandeur weren't even slightly bothered by the fact that the series was already a huge best selling sensation. I convinced myself that I was somehow responsible for it's fabulousness, as if my copy was the tipping purchas
Hannah
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first the story wasn't gripping my interest as much as many of Lindsey Kelk's books but I'm pleased I kept reading. Annie was a very well written character who I loved and Dr Samuel Page PhD (Sam to my friends) was likeable to. I enjoyed his love of Britney Spears and the times of them dancing are lovely. Samuel was very funny with Annie's family. I also loved the characters of Miranda and Brian and the business Annie and Miranda had created.
Kevin Dickson
Lindsey Kelk is in top form with One In A Million, a charming and hilarious Pygmalion for the twenty-first century. There are plenty of laugh out loud comic set pieces (of course!) as we fall in love with an all-new cast of characters in an irresistible story of a competitive web guru and her delightfully gruff makeover subject. Lindsey Kelk is tackling modern love like nobody else, and each successive book of hers adapts to the changing romantic landscape of the times. And I mentioned funny, ri ...more
Gemma Vincent
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chuckled to myself on the train! Funny and charming, a great read.
Mary
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
SO FREAKING CUTE OH MY GOOOOOOOSH
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a modern twist on a rom-com, then this could well be up your street. It's warm, genuinely funny and predictable in the best possible way. It is packed full of hilarious, confident women and I thought the focus on social media gave the book an original, up-to-date 'hook'. Reading this was like catching up with an old friend over our favourite feel-good films (I'm thinking My Fair Lady updated for the Set It Up generation). I've read all of Lindsey Kelk's books and this is a ...more
Manda
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only read the ebook a month ago but I couldn’t resist downloading the audiobook and enjoying that too. This is already in my list of most beloved/comforting romantic comedies.
Carrie Elks
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really enjoyable feel-good story that left me with a big smile on my face.
Antonella
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was very cute read.
With My Fair Lady plot line and well known Lindsey Kelk writing I enjoy this as I hoped I would starting this. I read her books before and this one didn't disappoint.

Cressida McLaughlin
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious, clever, romantic, bursting with wonderful characters and basically brilliant in every way. Not a book to put down easily, I was totally gripped by the story and loved the heroine and hero. One of my top reads of 2018.
Stacey
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first read by Lindsey Kelk and certainly not my last. I was at the airport the other day with low battery on my Kindle (rookie mistake not charging it before I left!) and decided to take a browse at what was on offer. They were outrageously expensive (14 euros for this one!) but I knew I just had to buy one otherwise I'd be bored on the flight (4 hours with 6 screaming children within 2 rows of me was NOT the one let me tell you) so I settled on this one in the end.

I don't usually read novels
Storiesandcoffee
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2018-read
"Well, for the record, I happen to think you’re fairly close to perfect,” he said, blues eyes meeting my green ones. “Right now, off the shelf, as you are. No alterations need.” - One in a Million

When I returned from England a few weeks ago, I had this overwhelming need to relive my time there. I kept scanning through the pictures on my phone, smiling from ear to ear. I was so happy to finally say I made it to the place I dreamed about seeing my whole life.

The desire to hold on to that feeling b
Tracy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.9/5 stars!!!!!!
THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read it in 2 days because I just couldn't put it down (even though I should have because I'm insanely busy and don't have time to read all day long...)
One of my favourite tropes ever is the (generally) happy x serious and the happy one is persistent and you know you know :D
Annie is so funny and smart and I LOVE HER SO MUCH. I LOVE MIR AND BRIAN. THEY ARE THE GREATEST FRIENDS. I love how Taylor Swift is mentioned TWICE. I love the chemistry between ever
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: british-faves
I absolutely adored this tribute to Pygmalion (My Fair Lady). It was a modern twist on a classic story. This time Professor Higgins (My Fair Lady) was not a professor at all but a social media expert - Annie Higgins. Eliza Doolittle was not a London flower girl but rather a fashion-challenged, long-haired and bearded, hipster, historian with a fascination for Irish generals - Samuel Page, PhD - or Sam. It was such a fun read with a satisfying, feel-good story line.
Kim
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read to escape into. I'm not a huge social media fan so thought I would be more turned off by Annie's job, but her character and Samuel worked well together. Highly recommended if you are looking for a lovely read to escape into.
Rubamansoob
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The funniest and cutest book I’ve read in a very long time. Perfect if you’re having a book slump or in a bad mood because it’ll lighten your day!!
I swear I was literally laughing out loud while reading this one and I would love to see it in a motion picture one day!!
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
You can find my reviews on: http://lovebooksactually.blogspot.com...

Hand’s up I am a massive fan of Lindsey Kelk! I was so eager to get my hands on her latest book ‘One in a Million’, even better I got to purchase it on the paperback publication day and meet her in person courtesy of Waterstones along with Giovanna Fletcher and Paige Toon! (Yay!) It was a fun evening of book chat and Lindsey as always is so nice to meet… Even when I was a stuttering wally..! Doh!

This book has everything you need
Claire mcmanus
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyable read
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, very funny and I loved the social media aspect of it. I related to Annie in so many ways. The storyline was interesting and although bits were predictable it still worked.
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.
“What cologne is that?’ ‘I ran out so I sprayed some Febreze in the air and just ran around in it,’ he whispered back. ‘Tell no one.’ ‘It goes to my grave,’ I replied, pulling out a chair at our table.” 0 likes