Start by marking “Train Wreck” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  469 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
“No passion, no emotion, no originality—a train wreck of epic portions.”

Those were the words to describe Eve Thorton’s exhibition. Not even a fine arts degree from Yale or her daddy’s bank account could save her from the scathing reviews. And failure was a word Eve would never be comfortable with. Not even close.

Plotting the demise of every critic who’d written her off was
Published July 10th 2017 by T Gephart

To ask other readers questions about Train Wreck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Train Wreck

Olga therebelreader
This one is hard for me to review. I loved the plot and story line. Eve, a female painter whose latest exhibition has received very bad reviews is determined to overcome her creative block and get inspired. Impressed by Josh’s super talent in tattooing, she asks him to work in his tattoo workshop in order to find herself and her lost inspiration. Their instant attraction and chemistry awakens a passion in her she never knew existed.

The book is an easy, funny read and I liked it. My one comment
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 -4 Stars

"He was either my boyfriend or he was my savior; he couldn't be both. And if I needed a hero, then I better find one in the mirror."

This was an enjoyable read with some truly fun characters. An artist looking for her on own X factor finds it in a tattoo artist in Queens, NY.

description
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
4.5 Tattoo Jesus Stars

photo Singe_love_1.gif

Funny, flirty, and a tad bit crazy, describes this light fun read. Trainwreck is aptly named. I chose to read this book based solely on the blurb and cover. I don't have much experience with the author, since this is only my 2nd read from her, but I'm so happy my inner cover whore made me do it! I really enjoyed this story!

Here's the breakdown: Eve has the worst day of her professional life and gets home to find her live-in boyfriend getting the business from one of his co
Jess
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
TRAIN WRECK by T. Gephart was soooo much fun! I laughed out loud, I swooned and I swore! The opening scene and subsequent light bulb moment from our eccentric lead Eve, was hilarious-as awful as the situation was, and it WAS...in the end, it was the best thing that ever happened to her.

Can a rich person be an artist? Can they FEEL? Are they capable of emotion? Some say NO. Eve is NOT a struggling artist. She has everything she wants at her finger tips. Except depth, creativity and talent-so say
Book-Bosomed  blog
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.95 Stars

Eve Thornton comes from money, but her background isn’t doing her any favors when it comes to success in her art career. So she seeks out tattoo artist Josh Logan for mentoring when she happens upon a piece of his work.

Josh is a really great guy. He’s patient and sensible and very supportive. I don’t think I could find a fault with his character. He also struck a good balance between cool tattoo artist and easy-going boyfriend with integrity.

“I didn’t want her to be a one-time deal, a
Kate's Corner

In a field of white sheep once again I am the black one. Going to keep this short and sweet. I can see why everyone finds it appealing as I did enjoy the beginning and the end of the book. The middle? Meh not so much but I can truly say it is me and not the book.

I think I can’t deal with romantic comedy neither in books or films. The author has a unique writing style that is funny and keeps you smiling throughout the book. We also get the Hero’s POV which is seldom in books.

I didn’t like the h
Bea Sterling
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, rom-com
I have been following T. Gephart since #1 Crush was published and this one was not a let down. when I picked this baby, I couldn't drop it so I might as well gobble this thing up. I'm not an artist but I do understand what it means to loose your grip over something you love, and to be criticized, not the same way as Eve was criticized but I had my fair share.

Eve was on the verge of loosing he sanity when they called her art 50 shades of fuck up. And to top it off, she found out the boyfriend ha
Shabby  BookBistroBlog
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She had me at the cover.
Then the blurb.
And I knew , I HAD to read this book. And Boy, this book had me rolling on the floor laughing , in no time !
Rib-tickling humour, written with a lot of style and emotional nuance. The story completely drew me in.
Eve Thorton is an artist whose first exhibition got smashed and stomped on by critics , like rotten tomatoes. It bled everywhere in her life. Her morale, her confidence, her belief is destroyed and she's asked to " take a leave of absence " from her
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*ARC graciously given for an honest review*

NO ONE could perfectly mix romance, sass, and laughter the way Miss T. Gephart does. I am completely obsessed with her words! Trainwreck is a masterpiece itself!

"I get the real you, and you get the real me. Even if we argue."

Eve Thorton found out that her passion for art wasn’t really transferring into her canvases as extraordinarily as she would’ve wanted. So when her eyes caught a stunning piece of art inked on skin, she knew she had to meet t
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC RECEIVED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

Firstly, I am not usually one to even really look at covers, but helllloooo look at those shoes. I mean, I couldn't wear them without breaking my ankles and my neck, but they are hot!

We all have days when our lives are a bit of a train wreck, right?

Eve Thornton's train wreck is just a little more public than ours - public humiliation is never fun, right?

What I love about her though is that she is not one to sit on her ar$e and grumble about it all. Whilst she cou
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
T. Gephart
5 Stars

I did it!!! I popped my T. Gephart Cherry!!! What the heck took me so long?

Eve is an aspiring artist that works in the gallery her first exhibition is being held… To say the show was a success is hardly the case. After reading reviews in the paper and being told by her boss, take some time off work… Although being raised with a silver spoon and having more money than you and I would ever know to do with, she is down to earth. The kind of gal everyone loves to be frie
Katerina
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
There's nothing wrong per se with this book. She's a privileged rich girl who's gallery showing flops horribly. He's a tattooist. She needs inspiration for her art. He needs to hire someone. They are both attractive. I just didn't feel the ride or die chemistry.

Plus, basically he doesn't want to date her whilst she works at his shop for three weeks but makes the plan to ask her out after she leaves. They both go out on the prowl on the weekends out of sexual frustration. She kisses this guy, im
bittersweetreads
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Train Wreck was not a wreckage! Not. At. All! My very first Tina Gephart book was No. 1 Crush and let me tell you I loved that story so much. Although this one had totally different pacing and personalities, I would like to say that she has done it again. This woman surely knows how to run a delightful ride.

The sexual tension between Josh and Eve was explicit and their chemistry was a gamut never missing a beat from start to finish. They share the same passion for art and even in their clashing
Brandy Roberts
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Train wreck is one of those books you go in with a grin on your face , of all scenarios I'v never seen a scene play that way it did found it incredibly unique and the more the story went along with more misunderstanding and miscommunications the more I found it refreshing and funny . Eve is a anomaly from looking at her you would except her to be a spoiled brat who blames every one but herself for her problems but she wasn't any of those things she's funny , determined , smart , non judgmental , ...more
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Amhaaazing. Honestly this book is my kinda sauce. It's funny, feisty & flirty but in equal measure it's got so much love, tenderness & depth that it touched my very soul. This is Rom Com writing at its finest, as I was flipped from laughing so hard i almost peed myself, to trying to swallow the lump in my throat & soothe the ache in my chest.

Tina ALWAYS delivers, & so it's no surprise this book has left me in a bit of a funk. Between the most gorgeous cover & the kinda blurb
Monique
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm sure we have all felt our life has been a train wreck at some point. Eve's life was running smoothly until she comes home early from work and makes a nasty discovery. Things change dramatically from that point on. She feels a local tattoo artist is going to help her out of her art funk. He opens her eyes up in so many ways. Eve and Josh have a tremendous connection. And as much as Josh wants to be a gentleman and do the right thing, it's too strong for both of them.

There were a lot of thing
Karen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an unbiased review.

I honestly wasn't sure if I'd read one of T. Gebhart's books when I signed up to review this book, but I knew there were a couple of them on my TBR pile. I'm truly happy that I went with my gut and took a chance. This story was delightful and fun, and a gorgeous cover to boot.

Our heroine, Eve, is outspoken and sometimes a little scatterbrained, but also confident in many ways. Having been shaken up by some stumb
BFDU
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

I would be lying if I said I wasn't captured from the very first chapter, because guys it was instant love for me. This book had me completely hooked from the very first sentence in chapter one people. And why?
Because T. Gephart has a way with words that just simply draws you in.
And that is exactly what she did.

Meet Eve.
Young, beautiful and driven. Art is her thing.
But her very first ex
Marie- Naughty Mom Story Time
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Ohmygosh!! Josh was so freaking dreamy. Muscled, tattooed, wise and had a heart of gold!! Eve was one lucky gal!

Josh and Eve were the perfect examples of 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'. They were from different worlds and ended up being the perfect match. This book had me laughing and swooning at the same time in some parts. I don't know how more perfect a book boyfriend can get than Josh Logan. Covered in ink, talented and had a heart of gold. The ultimate package -inside and out. Geesh, I
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC generously provided for review.

3.5 Stars

Eve Thornton thinks she's having the worst day of her life... that is until she walks into her apartment to find her live-in boyfriend, Oliver, in the middle of a compromising position with one of his co-workers... in Eve's apartment. Well isn't that the cherry on top of her horrible day?

That is until Kitty, the woman Oliver was with shows Eve the tattoo on her back. It's an amazing piece of art, and Eve needs to meet the man who did it. You see, sh
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

"But the reason I wanted to work with you is because, despite us having different mediums, your work comes to life."

What a breath of fresh air! I can honestly say it was pretty awesome reading a book where a strong female lead is the focus.

Despite her insecurities and overthinking, Eve Thorton is an alpha-female through and through. I want to read more books with women like her! The added bonus to this story is the seemingly "opposite sides of the tracks" analogy. It was seaml
Gunjeet
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am really happy after this one.

This was a GREAT read. This is why I love this genre. The feeling after reading a great book is what keeps me put, weeding out the GREAT ones from the ones that are meh.

There have been a lot of MEH's this year, not gonna lie.

This book is NOT one of them. It's not exactly revolutionary.

But it's got everything I love in JUST the right amount. It's romance done well. The storyline is quite intriguing but not cringe-y or too try-hard.

You know what I'm saying. We'
Chanpreet
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a solid 4.5 stars. It's nothing like the title implies, although Eve is wrecked after terrible reviews of her art showing and finding her long term boyfriend cheating her apartment. I've got to say, I really liked Eve. She's strong and determined, and willing to give up on her art, but also go the extra mile to help find what it is she needs to make herself better.

Enter Josh, the tattoo artist whose work really inspires Eve. Josh was really likable to. He's giving of himself and rea
Jenny
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75

Like:
- Strong female lead
- Tattoo artist that wasn't a bad boy
- wealth didn't make lead prissy
- wealthy parents were nice. And supportive!
- strong friendships that were supportive (hers)
- goofy sidekick (his)
- both artist

Dislikes:
- no mention of his family at all or if so it was a small blurb and I missed it!
- going away for 3 days and not contacting your new boyfriend bc you fall asleep planning your next step in life & fall asleep on the floor.
- then said boyfriend ruins his
ItaPixie
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

Train Wreck was a beautiful story...I had a great time reading on a sunny summer Sunday.

I istantly loved our heroine with her craziness and her attitude stole my heart from the first page.I found myself rooting for her artistic and personal achievement.
I enjoyed to follow Eve in this journey,to see her growing strong after a few failures and bad events and to never stop fighting for her happiness.

This was my first T. Gephart read and I liked the cover,the writing,the plot,the flow and the main

Karen Ferry
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Adored this book!

Full review to come soon...
Susan (susayq ~)
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a perfect read! Sweet and funny! Eve and Josh were wonderful characters. Josh was the perfect guy 😊
Mazmum
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book Review - Train Wreck by T Gephart - 3 Tattooed but not a bad boy Stars

As a long time Tina fan and having come across Josh before in Troy & Meg’s story, I couldn’t wait to read this. Add to that a banging cover from Hang Le and I was chomping at the bit to dive in.

Eve is an artist who works at a gallery and who has just had the day from hell….. But when she gets home she realises it’s only the icing on a particularly nasty cake. In need of inspiration and spurred on by her new friend Ki
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
4.5 stars!
After receiving her fine arts degree from Yale, Eve Thorton, goes to work at an art gallery, a job she dislikes. She’s a wealthy socialite, having come into a hefty trust fund, but feels she needs to work in order to taken seriously. Using her family connections, she puts on her own art show at the gallery, only to be massacred by the horrible reviews she received.

“I put everything into that collection, everything….why would they be so cruel? I bled on those canvases.

….That my first ev
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this ARC from Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review...

How can I possibly express how much I absolutely adored every single moment of T. Gephart's newest release? It is so freaking hard because I never feel like I am good at expressing my feelings, but I am about to try my best!

First let me just express how much I am freaking in LOVE with this gorgeous cover. If you know me, either through Facebook or my blog, you wi
T Gephart is an indie author from Melbourne, Australia.

T's approach to life has been somewhat unconventional. Rather than going to University, she jumped on a plane to Los Angeles, USA in search of adventure. While this first trip left her somewhat underwhelmed and largely depleted of funds it fueled her appetite for travel and life experience.

With a rather eclectic resume, which reads more like t
More about T. Gephart...