Start by marking “To Tempt a Viscount” as Want to Read:
To Tempt a Viscount

To Tempt a Viscount (Entangled Nobility #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Lady Laura Rosing knows two things: first, she will marry for love, and second, she detests rakes. When she meets Lord Gavin Farris, she understands immediately that he fails both her criteria, and worse yet, he is an absolute cad who refuses to leave her be.

Published January 13th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about To Tempt a Viscount, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Tempt a Viscount

Shrimalya
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance

Woo!This was a really good read considering the fact that this is the author's debut novel.
It has a simple premise, but what I admire about the book is the writing and the characters.This was well done!

Lady Laura is attending a house party with her cousin-Lady Eleanor, when she meets Lord Gavin Farris at night in the library.And as he is a popular womanizer and cad he tries to seduce her ;) Which doesn't work obviously.Laura doesn't like rakes and isn't interested in marrying for anything but lo
Caitlyn Lynch
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a fairly standard fare for a Regency; rake meets innocent debutante, falls in love with her unique beauty and wit, decides to reform and eventually convinces her to marry him.

It's nicely done and I liked both Laura and Gavin immensely, but there were some moments of awkward phrasing in the book that made me think that it could have benefited greatly from a working over by a good copy editor.

An example:
'Eleanor had a frustrating tendency to forget that the maid they shared was shared betw
Isha Coleman
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I consider myself to be a connoisseur of literature. My love of reading has allowed me to discover a wide range of talented authors in an even larger range of genres. By choice, I enjoy the romance genre, particularly historical. From my first Judith McNaught novel, I was hooked. That message of love overcoming tragedies, social standing and even healing and building bonds is one that I have always loved. To Tempt a Viscount is a contemporary romance with a historical format. Ms. Boom lends her ...more
Jultri
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF 58%. I really tried to finish this book to give this debut novel and its author a fair chance. Really, I lasted far longer than I normally, optimistically hoping that the writing might improve further along. It unfortunately did not. *Sigh* Where do I start? The dialogue and barbs were off target and there were strange utterances and emotional reactions not congruent to the situation. The characters were contradictory, the supposedly intelligent heroine turned dumbfoundedly naïve, then judge ...more
Connie Fischer
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady Laura Rosing, daughter of the Earl of Krant, is traveling with her irritating cousin, Miss Eleanor Ashford, who is the daughter of a Baron. Eleanor is complaining that there may not be enough to keep her entertained at a house party that they will be attending.

While it is nice to attend the house party, Laura would rather spend her time reading and riding her horse. Upon arrival, Laura is so tired she falls asleep. Awakening late at night, she goes in search of some water to drink. When she
Nicole
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book from net galley for an honest review. Thank you!!

This novel was a delightful read. I enjoyed the characters and the plot. The author's writing was good and described various scenes well. I enjoyed the combination of romance and how people can change.
Lady Laura Rosing wants to marry for love and does not like rakes. She and her cousin Eleanor travel to a house party. Eleanor is a rather shrewd character and likes to put Laura down. She has even turned men's attentions to her
Janet
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady Laura Rosing knows two things: first, she will marry for love, and second, she detests rakes. When she meets Lord Gavin Farris, she understands immediately that he fails both her criteria, and worse yet, he is an absolute cad who refuses to leave her be but her brain & body are at odds
Lord Farris has always appreciated women and cannot understand why Lady Laura is so resistant to his charms. While pretty, she is not his usual type, but something about her intrigues him. Much to his chag
Savannah Mehnert
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book

I don't usually read romance novels, but I love this book. It's a great read and shows what a great romance novel is made.
Annie Burrows
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency
An enjoyable debut from a writer who is worth watching out for in future.
Tena
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this signed copy in a GOODREADS giveaway - To Tempt a Viscount (Entangled Nobility, #1) by Naomi Boom - It took me forever to get it back from my coworker who swiped it from my desk... A great read for a lazy afternoon... Once I starting reading, I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend this book.
Floryie
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I have to say that I almost passed this book over. The book cover wasn't anything special but what caught my attention and made me give the book a try was the blurb. The story plot sounded the usual plain Jane kind of situation but for people who know me, know that I love Regency and Plain Jane romances so I had to read this book. I was eager to know how it is all resolved.

I am happy that I took the chance. I found an author who is new to me and got to know her writing. This was an enjoyable but
Elena-Loredana
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review at The Book Portal

3.75/5.00 stars
This book was something different than my usual Romance-Regency novel. I like Laura and Lord Gavin. They were the typical protagonists you normally find in these books. The girl is an innocent debutante who separates from the others through her unique beauty and wit. The guy is a rake who does not believe in love until he meets the heroine then he has a change of heart. (Pun intended.)
Since these are my favorite tropes... I am not going to compla
Shelley
To Tempt a Viscount By Naomi Boom is a delightful read. We have Lord Farris who thinks he has all the time in the world to decide on who to marry that is until he meets Lady Laura Rosing. They are thrown together throughout a house party.

Lady Laura Rosing is determined NOT to fall for Lord Farris for that would be a stupid mistake. Unknowingly Lady Laura Rosing has no idea how attractive her catty side is for Lord Farris and that this time he means to secure her hand in marriage.

Detailed Revie
Angieleigh
I am a huge fan of regency era books, leading ladies who aren’t afraid to stay true to them, and authors who aren’t afraid to step out of the box and introduce more modern aspects to their romances.

And who doesn’t love a rogue who bucks tradition and refuses to do what he’s told? They make the perfect leading men who fall the hardest.

I can’t wait to read more by Ms. Boom as her writing style flows smoothly, leaving you captivated, and turning the pages as fast as your eyeballs can read a page.

DI
Janet
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a debut novel this is! A High 5 Stars for To Tempt A Viscount by Naomi Boom! I must say, Ms. Boom can really weave a tale and her writing style is impeccable. The plot is thick and the characters are well developed. Ms. Boomed hooked me from the first page.

Also, I instantly fell in love with the heroine of our tale, Lady Laura Rosing. She's sweet, passionate and has a bit of spunk to her. Our Hero of the tale, Lord Farris is outwardly a rogue through and through but on the inside he's a de
Angela Withrow TheArdentReader
A story of a Lady and a Rake!
An invitation to the best house party is the only reason Laura is attending. Her cousin is a snarky
girl who grates on the nerves at times.
In this, the authors debut, we get a sense of her writing style.
I liked the way to book flowed, not getting hung up on the same old story, but expounding on the trope.
I really loved Lord Farris. He was easy to like and he was well written. The classic rake, unabashedly suggestive
and completely against marriage.
I think it is easy to
Erin Blom
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We sometimes take courting a woman as just a normal part of life. which in the 19th century was on every woman's mind. How Naomi chooses to have her characters meet and get to know each other is just lovely and even at times Naomi makes it seem like your a fly on the wall. I loved the drama in the book and how strong women are protrayed.
Wendy Keel
Apr 28, 2017
Brittany
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received this from Netgalley/ Publisher in exchange for an honest review. I am really in a historical fiction mood so I decided to give this a shot. This was just an okay read. I am not a huge fan of it. The characters supposedly fell in love after talking about twice. The guy was not charming he was just a jerk. I did not like him at all and all of the sudden his overbearing attitude is charming? No, not for me!
Ira
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and will probably read it again. It is a nice and charming story about oh-so-very-pretty-but-beastly stepsisters, insecurities, indifferent fathers and a couple of misunderstandings. A rake who turns out to be a wonderful person thus making him the love of our heroine's life but this rake doesn't wish to wed. Unfortunately a young lady has to marry - sooner rather than later.

Torn between his wish to stay independent (and unmarried) and his love for Lady Laura, Lord F
Susan Thomas
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Good debut, needs a little more work on the writing but nearly there .Hated the bitchy cousin but thought she brought depth to the story. Nice chemistry between our couple but thought it took them a long time to realise how much they loved each other.

I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley.
Jais
Feb 02, 2017
J.c
rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2017
Dorothy Coudret
Mar 17, 2017
Donna
Jan 16, 2017
Synergy Quest
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - Nice, clean romance. It's a historical romance, but aside from the mention of balls, country estates and Hyde Park, it's not very historical. That being said, it’s an entertaining read and a nice way to send a few hours.

I received an ARC of this book, via Net Galley, in exchange for a fair and honest review.
R Peters
May 13, 2018
Brian Mehnert
Jan 07, 2017
Emma
Jul 08, 2017
Naomi Boom is an author who never expected to love writing. Her inspiration struck on a search for the perfect historical romance novel to read. Nothing sounded appealing, so she decided to write her own. That one novel has morphed into a series, and hopefully many, many more.

She resides in her home state of South Dakota with her husband and toddler. Her dream is to someday find an acreage where s
More about Naomi Boom

Entangled Nobility (3 books)
  • To Dodge a Duke
  • To Entice an Earl

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be