Start by marking “The Sweetheart Sham (Southern Charmed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetheart Sham (Southern Charmed, #1)

The Sweetheart Sham

(Southern Charmed #1)

In a small town like Culler, South Carolina, you guard your secrets like you guard your cobbler recipe: with your life. Georgia Ann Monroe knows a thing or two about secrets: she’s been guarding the truth that her best friend Will is gay for years now. But what happens when a little white lie to protect him gets her into a fake relationship…and then the boy of her dreams s ...more
Published December 4th 2017 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetheart Sham, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweetheart Sham

Start your review of The Sweetheart Sham (Southern Charmed, #1)
D.M.
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Georgia Ann is a southern belle, and her best friend Will is the towns golden boy. Their families would love a Monroe/Montgomery wedding. They are two of the towns founding families. Unfortunately, this pair has absolutely no interest in heading down the aisle together.

Beau has been in love with Georgia forever. He broke her heart once and left town with his mother. He is given the opportunity to return and spend the summer with his dad. When he left town he didn't settle any of his past, but th
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

If you’ve read any of my reviews before, you’ll know that contemporary YA fiction is one of my favourite genres to read - I simply adore them. When this one became available to request on NetGalley, I knew it would be one for me.

In The Sweetheart Sham, Georgia knows her best friend Will is keeping a massive secret from the rest of the town - the fact that he’s gay. As his best friend, she want
Morris
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-read
I really wanted to like this, but I couldn't. The culture of the big name families being the most popular and admired in the small southern town really bothered me and the way the main character spoke about it was obnoxious. I happen to live in a small southern town, and the attitude of "the haves" is spot on, but the view others have of them is not. The only positive I can give is it is a quick read.

This review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Lauren
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
As soon as I saw the cover and the summary for Danielle Ellison's The Sweetheart Sham, I knew I had to have it! I mean, a small town setting, a fake relationship, AND a second chance romance? My YA contemporary loving heart was beating rapidly with excitement and hope.

The Result? The Sweetheart Sham was not good not great but EXCELLENT! Combining delicious southern charm, heartwarming characters, and a swoon worthy romance, The Sweetheart Sham is yet another wonderful addition to YA contemporar
Ashley
I want to thank Entangled: Crush and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review. I'm also really excited to be on the Blog Tour for The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison. I was drawn to this book as soon as I saw it contained a fake relationship and was set in a small southern town. I was hoping it would give me the same kind of vibes as one of my favorite, guilty pleasure shows, Hart of Dixie. I love cute little romances and small town settings.
I thought The Sweetheart S
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars

Young adult age-range: 12+

The Sweetheart Sham will sure to please young adults looking for a warm and fuzzy story, without too much angst, featuring second-chance-romance and a fake relationship tropes, as well as adding an LGBTQ twist. The southern setting was a nice change of pace, with the dialect and accent, gossipy townsfolk, and the mentality of the locale, giving a touch of down-home humor.

Georgia Ann is a Sout
Jen Ryland
I'd seen this pop up on my Goodreads feed, but thought based on the cover and title that it was adult romance.
The Sweetheart Sham (really not a fan of the title) is actually YA and would seem like everything I'd enjoy in a book. It has a Southern setting, which I usually love, and a fauxmance, which I usually love, and the backdrop of a wedding, which I usually love. But the story's pace felt pretty slow to me. The fauxmance was mixed with a coming-out story, and I thought theses two stories de
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Loved this book so much - I even cried some happy tears a couple of times as a response to something someone said to Will and something Will said.

Great YA romance with all the feels you want to feel when it comes to characters who have an electric attraction that they're trying to deny because of circumstances, and there's an amazing friendship between Georgia Ann and Will and some of Georgia Ann's girl friends, too.

Beyond this the town of Culler will give you Gilmore Girl feels, and the large
lacy
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A special thank you goes out to Entangled Teen publishing for allowing me to read this early. All thoughts and opinions are my own!

Initial thoughts;
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK! Like omg, I really loved this book. I know, that sounds like the least eloquent thing I could say. And I know that as the professional reviewer that I am, you all expect more out of me. cough cough. But I can't help it. I just want to shout to the world about how everyone should read this book!

Plot;
The entire thing was just a
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
There's a certain movie I love and can watch again and again. It starts with two Southern kids growing up together, drifting apart, then reuniting thanks to a wedding. It's filled with sexy accents and charm and dancing. It just so happens to have a very attractive man in it, too. Of course, I'm talking about Sweet Home Alabama, starring the amazing Reese Witherspoon. That film is one of my go-to heartwarmers.

The Sweetheart Sham might not be set in Alabama, but it has all the same winning ingred
Jeannette
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, romance
Deniz
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this so much!
The Sweetheart Sham is a beautiful coming of age story about love, faith and courage.
It's a story about moving on from past mistakes and accepting the people we love most. A story about a small southern town with all its charm and quirkiness.
Simply beautiful and heartwarming.

I am in love with the book. But actually, no that's not right. I am in love with the characters.
If we look at the storyline, it's nice. It was wonderful to read. But not something super exciting. It'
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ya, arcs, 2017
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I am always happy to read an Entangled romance, because I can expect a sweet romance filled with likable characters and an HEA, and once again, Entangled delivered.

•Pro: This was a second chance romance AND a small town romance. Those are two things I fancy.

•Pro: Speaking of small towns, I loved getting to know Culler and all its denizens. We were introduced to the founding families, and also got a very nice tour of the town. I was able to attend many town-wide events, which ro
Romancing the Book
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Robin
Book provided by the publisher

I simply fell in love with this new author to me. The way she presented a subject that is still hard for adults to deal with let alone teenagers; it was so tenderly written. I know small life and how hard it is when everyone out there knows you. Georgie and Will made the sweetest couple. Best friends who would do anything for each other. Will’s cousin Beau re-enters their lives which puts things in a tailspin. Georgie is in love with Beau and yet sh
Eva Scalzo
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
the town of culler, south carolina in the sweetheart sham reminds me a lot of bluebell, alabama in hart of dixie. it's one of those quintessential southern towns. small. traditional. where the old families still rule society and everyone knows everything about everyone. except will montgomery has a big secret. and georgia ann monroe, his best friend in the world, is the one other person who knows. he's gay. and he isn't out.

but when he meets someone who is struggling with the same things he is,
Esther Haddie's Haven
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not joking when I say that I did NOT read the description of this book before diving in. I literally looked at the cover and said "This looks interesting." Because the title itself is intriguing. The word SHAM always grabs attention. What comes to your mind when you think of this word? Exactly. Georgia and Will are very close friends and both are hiding a secret. One thing leads to another, Will and Georgia are now in a "relationship" that could mean trouble for Georgia.

I LOVE the name Beau
Amanda Hanson
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book.

On the plus side, the voices are fantastic. Georgie and Beau's narrations are sweet and southern and had me falling in love with the characters throughout the book. I liked the fake relationship and second chance romance tropes. I wanted them together through the whole thing, and was rooting for them. But... and this leads me to the biggest downside.

It's pretty clear that the author feels this book is going to help LGBTQIA+ people, and I'm not sure
Kris
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wrrt, 2017
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I enjoyed this story about small town Culler SC and it's close knit very small population. Will and Beau are cousins and along with Georgia Ann, best friends. The 3 amigo's all growing up together in a small town. But, Will has a secret, so do Georgia Ann & Beau. Secrets that can put pressure on a new budding relationship or on someone not ready to disclose exactly who they are. Then you have the adults in town, experiencing divor
Tami
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second chance YA romance. She has a fake relationship with her bff to protect him before he comes out. Our hero is the bff's cousin. Nice LGBT with a twist.

Michelle
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty cute. Review to come.
(Love, Stars and Books)
I received a free eARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Title: The Sweetheart Sham
Author: Danielle Ellison
Format: ebook (eARC)
Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary
Rating: Did Not Finish
[Synopsis] (Taken from goodreads)

Mimi
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgia Ann Monroe is a Southern Belle, sweet, charming and the perfect example of what life is like in Culler. There is only one problem, she’s been hiding the fact that her best friend and towns golden boy, Will Montgomery is gay. Georgia will do anything for Will and when a little white lie to protect a friend turns into a fake relationship the sweetheart sham begins.

There is only one thing Georgia did not account for this summer: Beau Montgomery . Beau was not only Georgia’s first crush and
Tammy
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Georgia Ann is a sweet, smart southern belle who would do anything to please her parents and other adults in her small southern town. Her best friend, Will has entrusted in her a secret that he has to hide from his old fashioned family. Will is gay and no one will understand except Georgia. His family, especially his grandfather, has made it known that he doesn't care for people with alternative lifestyles. When Will falls head over hills for a secret guy in town, he hatches the perfect plan. Wi ...more
Kimberly
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to say, there’s something quite refreshing about picking up a YA romance novel after reading a few horrendous NA offerings. There’s a certain simplicity that always leaves me reminiscing about my teenage years, my first love, and my best friends (who I’m happy to say are still friends today).

“The Sweetheart Sham” is just one of those novels that pulls at the heartstrings and makes you want to relive it all again. The story begins with Georgia Ann Monroe and Will Montgomery who have been b
Angel Hatfield
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Georgie was the only person who knew Will was gay. Will was Georgie’s best friend. Georgie had been telling Will to come out of the closet for months but Will was the Golden Boy of the town and didn’t want a lot of drama about his sexuality. Will and Georgie had known each other since before birth. Will was a Montgomery whose ancestors were the founding family of Cullar. In Cullar everyone knows everything about everybody just the way it was in the small town. Everyone in town had been betting o ...more
KarenJo Custodio
5 ★ – DELIGHTFULLY SWEET AND AMAZINGLY SWOONY

Set in a charming small Southern town filled with quirky and lovable characters, The Sweetheart Sham is a wonderful story about friendship, family, forgiveness, and love. It’s extremely adorable, delightfully sweet, and amazingly swoony you won’t be able to resist.

This book tells the story of a sassy southern belle, Georgia Ann Monroe, her handsome gay best friend, Will Montgomery, and the gorgeous boy who broke her heart, Beau Montgomery. It’s a seco
Olivia
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The Sweetheart Sham" was a cute YA romance that followed Georgia Ann (Georgie) and Beauregard (Beau), two very Southern teenagers. Georgie and Beau dated one summer a few years back, but then Beau stood her up for a dance when they planned to reveal their relationship and left town entirely without a word. They haven't spoken since. Now, the wedding of the year (being planned by Georgie's mother) is happening this summer, and Beau is coming back in town for it.

To make things more complicated,
Morgan Combs
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
the sweetheart sham by danielle ellison was such a fun read.

there a lot of great characters in this book, but georgia ann, will, and beau are fantastic as this kinda-sorta love triangle’s key players.

georgia ann is what i would imagine to be an all-american southern girl. she is charming and witty and though she’s a belle by upbringing she wants to be more than a pretty girl in a pretty dress.

will is the southern prince charming, all good looks and athleticism and an important family name. but h
Lily Cooper
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a small town like Culler, South Carolina, you guard your secrets like you guard your cobbler recipe: with your life. Georgia Ann Monroe knows a thing or two about secrets: she’s been guarding the truth that her best friend Will is gay for years now. But what happens when a little white lie to protect him gets her into a fake relationship…and then the boy of her dreams shows up?

Enter Beau Montgomery: Georgie’s first love, hotter than ever, and much too much of a southern gentleman to ever purs
Emmyjo
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enojoyed the friendships in this book. Georgia and Will's friendship is so great and right away you see it.
Will has a secret about himself that he doesn't want out and enlist Georgia his best friend to help him to keep the secret. Georgia right away helps him even if she thinks he should tell his family. Will doesn't think they or anyone in town will understand especially his grandfather.
Everything is going as planned Georgia is helping her mother plan a wedding and summer is great.
Unt
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Heartbreak Cure
  • Offsetting Penalties
  • Love Between Enemies (Grad Night, #2)
  • Playing Her Secret Crush
  • The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)
  • Just One of the Boys (The Chicago Falcons, #1)
  • Out of Left Field
  • Courting Carlyn
  • The Dating Debate (Dating Dilemma, #1)
  • Surviving Adam Meade
  • Announcing Trouble
  • The Importance of Getting Revenge
  • Love Beyond Opposites (Grad Night #3)
  • Breaking the Ice (Juniper Falls, #2)
  • Famous by Default
  • Love in the Friend Zone (Grad Night, #1)
  • Twelfth Knight (Shelfbrooke Academy, #1)
  • The Supervillain and Me
Danielle Ellison is a nomad, always on the lookout for an adventure and the next story. In addition to writing, she’s the founder and coordinator of the NoVa TEEN Book Festival. When she’s not busy with books, she’s probably watching her favorite shows, drinking coffee, or fighting her nomadic urges. She is newly settled in Oklahoma (for now) with her cat, Simon, but you can always find her on twi ...more

Southern Charmed (2 books)
  • The Crush Collision (Southern Charmed, #2)