Start by marking “Can you Hula Like Hilo Hattie?” as Want to Read:
Can you Hula Like Hilo Hattie?

Can you Hula Like Hilo Hattie?

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The novice sleuths accept their first official detecting assignment: uncovering the “secret” of an elderly millionaire’s pretty young wife. If they succeed, their newly founded business, The Triple Threat Investigation Agency, will prove a viable venture.

The twist: the wife is found murdered along Oahu’s sapphire shores. And there’s a secret all right, one of many, but the
Published August 13th 2016 by Tyler Colins (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Can you Hula Like Hilo Hattie?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can you Hula Like Hilo Hattie?

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Can you Hula Like Hilo Hattie?
James
Last year, I read the first book, The Connecticut Corpse Caper, in the Triple Threat Mystery series by Tyler Colins. Her second book, Can You Hula Luke Hilo Hattie?, is even better. Colins is one talented author who can weave a complex plot and help readers fully visualize a setting.

In this caper, our three heroines have formed a private eye agency in Hawaii. They'd solved the murders in the first book as regular citizens, so why not make it a full-time job? It was too much work in California or
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
3.5 rounded up to 4. Can You Hula Like Hilo Hattie is the second book in a the "Triple Threat Mystery Series", however, I did not read the first book. This was not a problem as this book could be read as a standalone. There was enough information given through flashbacks and references to the first case that I was okay. Having said that, I will probably go back and read the first book as it sounds fun.

The detectives in this series are three intelligent, resourceful and brave females. We have Lin
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review: http://swiftcoffee.blog/2018/12/16/bl...

After reading the description, I wanted to read this book, though I have to admit that I became a bit discouraged when I saw the cover. I just... find it not so... nice. That being said, I rather listened to the blurb, so I ended up reading this mystery book!

Fortunately, this was a case of 'don't judge a book by its cover'. It took me some time until I became invested and really cared, but after that, I thoroughly enjoyed this journey with the
Jina Bazzar
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes we made wrong choices; sometimes others made them for us. And sometimes life simply wasn’t fair.”

When I first picked up this book, my first intrigue was the title.
I thought it had a nice ring, but I was a good third of the way through when I realized hula was actually a word, Hilo Hattie a real person. I’m probably in a minority here, but for those of you who don’t know, according to google, hula means: “a dance performed by Hawaiian women, characterized by six basic steps, undulating
Jessica Belmont
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can You Hula Like Hilo Hattie is the second book in a the series, but can be read as a standalone. I do wish I had read book one, because I think there was some background info I would have liked to have. Since I enjoyed this book so much, I will go back to read book one now!

I enjoyed these three quirky, fabulous characters in Triple Threat. This novel is told from the point of view of Jill, who takes on the leader role. This novem is riddled with puns which are funny, and I think the dialogue o
Prachi Pati
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
A fun, fast paced mystery that I had the pleasure to read. The Trio detectives- Jill/JJ, Linda and Rey, reminded me of my Nancy Drew fascination days. And all the description of Hawaii, its islands, its food and the drinks, amidst the drug world backdrop and a string of murders that need to be solved, was a joy to read about. I enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to fans of detective mysteries :)

A huge thanks to the author and a friend, for sending me an ecopy of the book. I will be writ
Julie Howard
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
This is the first book by this author that I have read or listened to but I will be keeping an eye out for more books in the series because I enjoyed it. The author describes the setting very well and with help from tv shows it is very easy to picture the island despite never have been there. It was the characters that made it fun though, from the recognized weather girl to the b list movie star, each had there own quirks to bring to the table and get the fledgling detective agency off the groun ...more
Timc
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilo Hattie is the 2nd book in the series but the first case for the The Triple Threat Investigation Agency.

I listened to the audiobook of The Connecticut Corpse Caper, the first book in the series (my review is posted), and I really enjoyed getting acquainted with the three leading ladies. Each one has a different personality that becomes highlighted when they work together. I also appreciated the writing style of the author - witty banter along with vivid descriptions of settings and actions.
Jan
The first body was the object of their investigation.
Three friends decided to be private investigators in Hawaii despite having no licenses, residence, or anything else that you would expect. Their first client is a very wealthy man who wants to divorce his current wife without any excess cost by proving that she is cheating on him. But she is the first body! It's a very punny story full of snarks and Hawaiian trivia. Fast paced and twisty, it moves along much quicker than I expected. Loved it!
Amanda
rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2020
Catherine Woods
rated it did not like it
Oct 27, 2019
May 21, 2017
Bobbi
May 27, 2017
Tyler Colins
Feb 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Donna Harris
is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2019
Dante
Oct 15, 2019

• Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws (Spells & Caramels, #8)
  • The Kooky Kids' Club
  • A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #4)
  • Tides, Trails and Trouble (Dune House Mystery #12)
  • Racing and Robberies (Dune House Cozy Mystery Book 13)
  • Manuscripts and Deadly Motives (Dune House Mystery #15)
  • Pelicans, Piers and Poison (Dune House #16)
  • Sand, Sea and a Skeleton (Dune House Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • When Fortune Knocks (Claire Rollins #7)
  • The Complete H-Series of The Eulalie Park Mysteries
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Murder (A Darcy Sweet Cozy Mystery Book 27)
  • SECOND Guessing (A Sidney Stone - Private Investigator (Paranormal) Mystery Book 2)
  • The Christmas Clause (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 8)
  • A Death in Vienna (Liebermann Papers, #1)
  • The Pine Hill Inn (Ella Daniels Mystery #1)
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Daisy Dalrymple, #11)
  • Madeleine Murder (Seagrass Sweets Mystery #3)
Tyler Colins is primarily a writer of fiction and blog posts, and a sometimes editor and proofreader of books, manuals, and film/television scripts. She’ll also create business plans, synopses, film promotion and sales documents.

Fact-checking and researching, organizing and coordinating are skills and joys (she likes playing detective and developing structure).

Her fiction audience: lovers of fema

News & Interviews