Start by marking “The Ghosts of Babylon” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts of Babylon

The Ghosts of Babylon

A former US Army Ranger and private security contractor reflects on multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan in this poetry anthology.
Published November 6th 2016 by Blackside Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts of Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts of Babylon

Start your review of The Ghosts of Babylon
Linda
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Raw, beautiful, and lyrical, Jonathan Baxter’s poems cut into the heart. I have read a lot of personal war narratives from different wars and helped a combat medic write some shocking stories, but the depth of emotional honesty here is incredible. Each poem made me stop and think. They show the effects of war on the soul, yet the bond among soldiers is strong and the adrenaline rush addictive. Titles like "The Jester Skull," "A Love Like a War Zone," and "Ambien" lure the reader on and don’t fai ...more
Aramis
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of poems about war and what comes after.

Jonathan Baxter's words are both passionate and violent like his muse Ishtar, the goddess of sex and war. I enjoyed this collection and like all good poetry it makes a solid connection with the reader; or me at least.

I loved the imagery, the compassion, self loathing, and acceptance of the life chosen in a flawed world.

It captured the thrill of ops, the boredom that comes in between taskers, and the desire to have the answer to the
Christina Holcomb
Jan 15, 2020
Jonathan Tennis
Apr 04, 2020
Goodreads Authors...: New War Poetry Anthology 6 243 Jun 23, 2017 07:41PM
Jonathan Baxter spent six years in the US Army with the entirety of his service with the 75th Ranger Regiment. He continues to travel to the Middle East as a private security contractor. "The Ghosts of Babylon" is his first published work.

News & Interviews