Start by marking “Claimed by a King (The King Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Claimed by a King (The King Brothers #1)

Claimed by a King

(The King Brothers #1)

Camden King Is An Arrogant, Cocky, Bad Ass With A Big D*ck, And He's Coming For Her! I work for him. But I can't stand him. I slept with him once. And he never lets me forget it. He thinks he can take me again...and again...and again But he can't...I won't let that happen. I just have to last thirty days to prove it to him And hopefully to myself... Claimed by a King is a ...more
ebook
Published December 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Claimed by a King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claimed by a King

Start your review of Claimed by a King (The King Brothers #1)
Chitra *CJ*
TBH I had so many expectations from the blurb.. but so many things didn't work for me
- the story had too many things going on and I was confused by the many side characters
- I'm not a fan of descriptive scenes with ex and/or details of domestic violence
- I don't get possessive heroes ready to share the heroines
- too much pushing away by the heroine
I'm disappointed
- did not like the over emphasis on the h's past/ calling her a whore again and again
I give it 1.5 only for the smokin sex scenes.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Claimed by a King by Lisa Lang Blakeney is the First book in The King Brothers Series. This is the story of Camden and Jade.
Jade works for the King brothers and Camden is one of them. Jade and Camden have been circling around one another for a while but not doing anything about it.
Camden is a silent and deadly person who prefers to watch people before acting on his thoughts. Which is what he has been doing with Jade. But when she goes off to Maryland instead of a planned function he goes to
Paula  Phillips
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it

I have to admit when I first saw this book with the title Claimed by a King, I was going in blind and thought that it might be a royalty-based book. However, the King part was, in fact, the main male lead's surname. Camden King is 1/3 of the business. This is the story of how Camden King's heart softened and how he fell head over heels in love with his assistant Jade though of course, he would deny it heavily. The book starts with Jade having some time off and then opening her hotel door to
Snow

fuck it...

it was nothing extra memorable, except for the growling, demanding alpha, sassy, punk of a heroine...and the love/hate relations...

and I guess, NOW was the moment, it all kinda sat right with me...

inspite of it all, (meaning the lame little deeds in the plot), I actually liked this one, quite a bit *wink wink*
Heather andrews
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Camden surprises his woman while sleeping, "someone is spooning me. Someone warm and hard. Theres a large, muscular arm tossed across my middle covered in a sleeve full of familiar looking tats. Im home, Camden rumbles by my ear." It's obvious Camden doesn't take any chances where his woman is concerned:
As we climb the steps I notice a bulge under the back of Camdens shirt. Whats that?
My piece.
You brought a gun to my fathers house?
I really liked this book, amd ****ole Camden.
Carol
Dec 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jade was a hard ass. Stubborn and combative. I get she had issues but I really didn't like her much throughout the book. She just came across like such a bitch. And I mean, I guess her and Cam were perfect for each other since he brought a good bit of asshole to the table too. Camden at first brought that sexy alpha-male vibes but then all his commands and orders really turned him into a an alpha-hole. The dominance tone for their relationship in and out of the bedroom was fine. Not too greatly ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
WOW, once again Lisa has out done her self with this story. I'm amazed that I can even speak or think after reading this Alpha. The King or better known to Jade as King King just blew my mind right out of the water and into goo. Camden really is down and dirty alpha man that knows what he wants when he wants. Jade this alpha female in her own way was different in every light, she was strong, confident and tried hard to fight everything against her being on KING KONG. I just FLove that nickname ...more
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
3.5 STARS

I received this book for free from Hot Tree Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Contemporary Romance.

Dual-POV.

Book #1 of series, that is a spin-off of another series.

Addictiveness: Medium-low addictiveness. This was a fast, fun read.
Character: hero 3.5/5, heroine 3.5/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 3.5/5, real 3.5/5  Overall, they are ok characters. Cam is the quiet type. He is an
elizrdbthspeaks
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this in a giveaway ... I'll say it over and over ... I just loved Lisa's book "Gunslinger: A Sports Romance", not sure how I found it ... I think through a suggestion through Amazon or something? Any who ... this is the 2nd book I have ever read by her. A times I was a bit like what? 'cause I know that sort of lust (I think I'll call it that over love?) never realized it would happen with brothers, figured folks who don't really know each other (some 1 who would not talk often or see each ...more
Jessie Wells
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alpha male...Bold, Beautiful Woman

Camden is a smart, tech savvy alpha to Jade's bold, beautiful independent spirit. I love that she isn't a wimpy pushover and maintains her sense of self in her relationship with dominant Camden! Camden's rough edges aren't completely lost to Jade either, just rounded a little. A strong, power couple! HEA and sneak peeks for new couples included!!! Blakeney shines again through her sexy, confident characters and gives readers a great story!

*Highly recommend
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Couldn't finish this story

I really wanted to enjoy this story. I had it on my TBR list for a while, so when the last one came up for arc I jumped at the chance to read the first one. But man these two man characters are every where.
And the nicknames are horrible. He is suppose to be this big alpha "killer" kind of guy and yet he let's this 4ft nothing walk all over him and call him king Kong. I mean really?
And she seems to have a healthy sex life, which fine, but don't do it just because your
Ann Hupe
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally!! A really bad boy novel that makes no apologies!

I mean it. Ive read many a bad boy novel/la, and no author has pushed the envelope to the point of being truly realistic. Im tired of reading about mob romances that are so vanilla, its sickening. Bad is BAD.

Length: Short novel.

Character development: We have an interesting cast of characters. Roman may be a peripheral player, but hes there to connect Jades back story to another series by Blakeney. Then theres Jade a very short, not
Patty
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After listening to Indebted to a King, I couldn't wait to hear Camden's story and it did not disappoint. Camden is a man who knows what he wants and will do what he needs to get it. Jade works for the King brothers, and has caught the eye and heart of Cam. Being the employee though, Jade does not think sleeping with her boss is a good idea. With her past of an abusive boyfriend and father, she is not quick to let people in, and a relationship with Camden is just not in the cards. But is that ...more
Michelle Simpson
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is something about a man that knows what he wants and will do anything to get it , whether you want it or not ! Camden is a very hot alpha male, he doesn't take no for an answer and you do not deny him what he wants ! Jade has been working for the King brothers for a while and as hot as she thinks the King brothers are there is no way she is going there with either on them ! Camden is going to claim his woman, the chemistry has gone from sizzling to boiling and it cant be denied for much ...more
Jennifer Pierson
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying that I LOVE Lisa Lang Blakeney's brilliant writing style, who is now on my go to list of addictions, as I can't get enough of her. Now that I got that out of the way, I'm going to let my crazy loose. See, I have so many insane emotions flying around it's unreal, and I'm not even sure how to explain them without spoiler douchery. Let's start with Camden King. Mouthwatering hot alpha? CHECK! Complete douche?! ABSOLUTELY! So true in fact, that I still want to junk punch ...more
Limecello
Sep 04, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf, 2019
Y'all.

O_O

I mean - I love the boss/secretary romances IN FICTION - but this one was just beyond WTF over the top.
Like she's in Baltimore in some hotel room for no reason AND HER BOSS HUNTS HER DOWN AND FUCKS HER AND WHAT?!

And I wanted to see how it was explained but I didn't get past her being at lunch with her sister because this was all just ... so. bad.
How her sister is a raging bitch and evil - and OF COURSE SHE'S FAT. A full 25 lbs overweight 🙄
Also sorry [not sorry] but being a TA is not
Kristen Lewendon
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Im not quite sure what I was expecting, but it really wasnt this. On the negative side of the coin, I definitely wasnt expecting the descriptions of domestic abuse or the slut-shaming. But on the upside, I also wasnt expecting the dominant, BDSM flair to Cam and Jades encounters that scorched the screen of my tablet. The push-me/pull-you dynamic between the pair pushed all my buttons and drove me to distraction. As did Jades, admitted, double-standard about honesty in a relationship. However, I ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Camden King decides he wants someone, he goes for it. Jade is in his sights and this time he is not going to back down, but does Jade agree that she want to be Claimed?!

This book gets down and dirty in the King world and the broody, tattooed hacker is positively HOT and his chemistry with Jade is crazy. If you like alpha romances that take charge of what they want, Claimed by a King is a book you need to read! I give it a 4 outta 5 stars!

PS: Thank you to Lisa Lang Blakeney and Give Me Books
United Indie Book Blog
Loved! I volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is the first book of a three book series called The King Brothers. This is the first book I read from this author. Jade is a very stubborn women, and she works for the brothers Camden and Cutter. Jade had an abusive father and boyfriend so she is a very guarded person who has always tried to protect her sister. Camden is the older brother. Camden, Cutter, and Roman are business partner for their club. Camden is a silent ...more
Karie Gibson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and all the King glory

This book was not what i expected but so much more. Camden was an alfa at its finest. He may have been quiet but he was also dominant and sexy. Jade was the smart mouth hell raiser and once Camden decided to make her his she didn't stand a chance.
Jade fought what was between them but Camden didn't let up. I'm not giving spoilers but there was a part i never expected. Don't worry ladies there's plenty of sexy time to be had also.
United Indie Book Blog
Reviewer: Lindsey
Rating: 3/3.5
I really couldnt get into this story.There was not a lot to like about this story. I liked the characters but not the story line. To me this story had so potential to be so much thats why I can't wait to read the next. This story to me was missing something and I just wanted it to be so much more. I am wanting to read the next book because I feel that there should be so much more.
Mary Keiser
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
King Brothers

Maybe I should have read the previous books in this series because it really took me a while to connect with the characters and storyline. I feel like this story was sort of all over the place until chapter 16, which is when things really started to click for me. Maybe it's the writing, I've only read one other book by this author, but I just wasn't as invested as I'd hoped to be.
K.
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in The King Brothers Series, and the story of Camden, and Jade. Camden is Jade's boss, she has been working for him, while fighting an attraction to him. When Camden , and Jade share an explosive night together, Jade feelings get harder to fight. When Camden decides he wants more than one night, can he break down Jade's walls. This was a hot, and steamy read, the characters has great chemistry, and this was emotional, intense, and entertaining. Great read!
Dolores
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this alpha male of a hot specimen of a man who knows what he wants & as soon as he realises he wants her. Camden the older brother of The King Brothers & partner of their & best mate Roman's business no matter if it's the legal or illegal side of it they share equally.
And Camden WANTS Jade their pa & the woman Roman & Camden save from her ex.
So we see how Jade comes into their lives & how Camden gets her to agree to Give them ago...
Can't wait to read Indebted to
Books To Love Now
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Camden and Jada's story. It had all the elements of a good guilty pleasures read a strong Alpha hot guy, a vertically challenged feisty woman, a menage a trois, some danger, and a lot of hot sex. It was an awesome read and I look forward to reading more about the King brothers. I also plan on reading Roman's story.

A definite 5 star dirty read.

I received an ARC copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.
Lily Garcia
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars! Hmmm I think my expectations were a little too high. There was very little plot and some inconsistencies with the story. The relationship between Cam and Jade wasn't fully developed. Either way, I definitely want to read Cutter and Sloan's story.
Sharni
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was quite confusing in some places as it's a spin-off from another series and to be honest it reads like you should already know the characters.
The relationship between the characters changes very quickly too.
Because of these issues I found my self saying "wait... what?" and checking to see if I'd missed a page or two.
Ashley Hedden
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claimed by a King by Lisa Lang Blakeney was a great read. Jade works for a cocky and arrogant man named Camden King. She let her guard down and slept with him one night. I really enjoyed reading Camden and Jade's story. I can't wait to read more by Lisa Lang Blakeney.
Sharon Richmond
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Camden and Jade

Omg I Loved Roman and Elizabeths Story So Freaking Much!!!
So much that when I finished book 1, I immediately got the 2nd book about Jade and Camden, then the 3rd!! I just Had To Know The Outcome!!!!

WHAT A AWESOME RIDE IT WAS!!!
Dorothy Morris
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
King

Loved the book about Jade and Camden. How they finally got it together in there relationship with each other. The sharing thing with his brother Cutter was hot.

• Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Etched in Stone (Invested in You Book 1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Fake You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #2)
  • Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite #3)
  • Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Yuri (Bratva Blood Brothers #1)
  • Kisses and Lies
  • The Lady Who Came in from the Cold (Heart of Enquiry, #3)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
  • Hostage (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #7)
  • Chase (Savage Kings MC, #1)
  • Emerald (Colors of Crime #5)
  • The Exiled Prince (Royal Secrets, #1)
Enter my world of possessive alphas and confident women when you read the first book in my taboo romance series, MASTERSON.

About me: I grew up an only child gorging myself on daytime soaps, night time dramas, and romance novels. I write about strong alpha men and the smart women they seek to claim.

Talk to me: I chat and celebrate readers in my private group at:

The King Brothers (3 books)
  • Indebted to a King (The King Brothers #2)
  • Broken by a King (The King Brothers #3)