Start by marking “The Tangle” as Want to Read:
The Tangle

The Tangle

It was supposed to be River's eleventh birthday. It turns out to be nothing but a nightmare.

When River finds herself imprisoned in a strange house, belonging to a mysterious man called Uncle, she only knows one thing: She must escape. But every power in the house, it seems, is bent on keeping her within its twisted walls. The creatures that patrol the halls may be deadly,
Paperback
Published November 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Tangle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tangle

Bunny theshybooks
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
The author kindly sent me a copy of her book for a honest review. This book is a really short read but it is so much fun because it is creepy. I am giving this book 3 stars because I felt like the story didn’t explain fully about the “house”, the “Uncle” or any of the supernatural elements. The book could have been longer because the story needs more of explanation and character development.
I loved reading and it was scary at some points but I am easily scared so I am not sure how scary it is fo
Hannah Heath
WOW. This is an incredible story. So suspenseful and creepy. It contains both an intense, thought-provoking plot and amazing characters. This is a new favorite of mine. Full review coming soon.

This novel officially releases on: 11/04/17. Mark your calendars. You'll want to read this one.
Kyle
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enthralling, and very dark, tale of a young woman pursued through a macabre old house by a ruthless and otherworldly threat. There isn’t much hand-holding here–many details about the bizarre events and paranormal forces at work are kept ambiguous, but that actually works well with this kind of story. It’s essentially a horror novel, and that genre isn’t always my cup of tea, but despite the darker elements I wouldn’t describe this one as “depressing” overall. That’s usually what makes me disl ...more
Coleen
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually do not read 'scary' books, but I guess because it was around Halloween, and it involved a ten- year old named River, [eve of her eleventh birthday], I thought it would be intriguing. Yes, it was that and more. Downright teeth-clicking. The story of River in the old House on Langley Hill moved fast enough that I kept going and finished the short book rather quickly. I admit to feeling relief [and some satisfaction] when I was closed the book at the end.

For readers who are NOT LIKE ME,
Melanie Thurlow
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teens, young adults, adults
I can’t say enough about this book. Quick recap on what it’s about.

The Tangle is a young adult novel. I personally would classify it as a horror, as well.

So, from the back cover we learn that the character, River, is going to be kidnapped and imprisoned in a home belonging to an odd man named Uncle. River is set on escaping, however, there are mysterious creatures that roam the halls and other factors that make escape impossible.

The book definitely lives up to the description. The description of
S. M. Metzler
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
River wakes up in a strange room in a strange house with strange people and a haunting, Angry Man who carries a shovel. There is no way to escape the house; there’s never enough time. All the children Uncle has were once normal people, but over time turned into mindless dolls. But with the help of an unlikely group including a doctor, a boy, and a shapeshifting cat, escape from the endless twists and turns and dead ends of shadows becomes a possibility.

Wow. I loved everything about this book. I’
Azelyn Klein
I had the privilege of winning an e-book copy of this book in a recent giveaway. I looked forward to reading said creepy book, listed as a supernatural thriller. The following review should be taken with a grain of salt, as I happened to read the book when I was extremely sleep deprived and probably could have used more coffee, more naps, and fewer books.

For most of the book, I wasn’t really creeped out. It was more intrigue that kept me going. The story opens up in Uncle’s house, so I didn’t h
Faith Chapman
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was new for me, because I've never read paranormal suspense before. I have to admit, the book didn't scare me at all, and at times I felt it was trying too hard to be scary. I learned about it from Hannah Heath's author interview with Aria E. Maher, where Maher confessed that some of the scenes scared her while she wrote them, and I can see how they would have been scary to write, but to read...I don't know. They fell flat for me, but maybe I am a soulless muffin.

Aside from that, I really e
R-girl
Dec 22, 2017
Golda Ross
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2017
Rosamaria Noel
Bonnie Archuleta
Kaylie
Sep 14, 2017
  • Shadowy Stillness (Halsin Chronicles #2)
  • The Veil: Ghosts Goblins Ghouls
  • The Barn In Salem Village
  • The Red Eye
  • Ezekiel's Bones
  • Townhouse
  • The Nightmare Collection (Nightmare, #1-2)
  • Red
  • Terminal Island
  • Chasing Forgiveness (Tala Prophecy)
  • The Librarian's Daughter the Story of Sage Greene
  • Alison Henry and the Creatures of Torone
  • Frostwalker
  • Caylee's Confessions
  • Soul Inheritance
  • Karma Crossed
  • Crimson Forest
  • Sectors
I wrote my first book when I was eight, chronicling the grand adventures of the Super Mario Bros. in pages torn from a sketchbook and bound with masking tape. At ten, I ditched my writing for a career as a robotics engineer, and constructed interesting devices (which never worked) out of old bits of computers and washing machines. But then, dismayed that I would have to study mathematics (oh, the ...more