Start by marking “Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)” as Want to Read:
Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)

Pucked Off (Pucked #5)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  3,553 Ratings  ·  692 Reviews
***A Standalone novel in The Pucked Series***

I’m NHL defenseman Lance Romero, AKA Lance “Romance."

I’m notorious for parties and excess. I have the most penalty minutes in the league. I get into the most fights. I take the most hits. I’m a player on and off the ice. I’m the one women with no inhibitions want.

Not because I like the notoriety, but because I don’t know how to
Published February 21st 2017 by Ink & Cupcakes Inc

To ask other readers questions about Pucked Off, please sign up.

Helena Hunting
Nov 20, 2016 Helena Hunting rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lance is HERE!!!!!

Read on for an excerpt from Pucked Off:

I’ve agreed to go out with Lance. On a date. Two actually. I don’t even know what to think. I grab my purse and slip into my jacket. As fall settles in and the temperature drops, layers are becoming necessary.
When I return, Lance is standing at the desk, checking his phone. He’s smiling.
“Ready to go,” I say.
He hits a couple of buttons, pockets his phone, and turns that grin on me. “Cool.”
I lock up the clinic, and Lance walks me across the
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
HOW DO I GET OVER THAT? Seriously, how on earth do I get over such a phenomenal story?

I'm just ::: stares into space, grasping for words::: I'm overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by all I'm feeling, and all I'm thinking. I almost don't know where to start with this review. And I most certainly feel as though I just had a moment. A BOOK MOMENT. One where I read something that affected me so deeply, I can't even form words to describe it.

I mean, my first response after finishing was to release several brea
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog

You don’t find love. It finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what’s written in the stars.

Love found me in Helena Hunting’s newest hockey romance, Pucked Off. Oh DID I LOVE THIS STORY!!! So deep and different...unlike any other story in the Pucked series...JUST WOW!!!

I started Pucked Off with a big smile on my face as the books in the Pucked series have been a mix of a lot of humor, heat, and heart and a little heartbreak. After a few words on the first page, I wiped t
Shayna
One of my FAVORITE masters of Romantic Comedy goes deep in her latest Pucked novel, PUCKED OFF - which if you're a fan of this AMAZING series, you will know that this is Lance's story. It feels like I've been waiting for his happily ever after for forever, so when it was finally in my hands, I couldn't get myself to read it right away. I was scared to be honest with you. I knew that his story was going to be unlike any other in the series, and I was afraid where that might have led. I mean, his ...more
Vox
Feb 19, 2017 Vox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As much as I have enjoyed Helena Hunting's Pucked series, I had no idea how much I needed Lance's story. He's a character who always intrigued me, sliding through the backgrounds of Alex's, Miller's, and Randy's stories. I wanted to know more about his relationship with Tash, the team's physical therapist, and I was curious about him. But did I *need* him?

It turns out I did.

Lance's story is the richest, most emotionally compelling of the Pucked series. Helena Hunting made me cry, and she made me
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 HEARTBREAKING CROWNS

OMG!!! Pucked Off is completely and totally AMAZING! Helena Hunting has outdone herself with the newest edition to the Pucked series. It is heartbreaking yet still contains a message of healing and hope, angsty yet still contains the humor readers love from the series, and romantic yet sexy. It is the complete and total package, and, to be honest, I expected nothing less from Lance Romero and Helena Hunting!

Lance is one of the main reasons I
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo pucked_zpsbfhftsxt.png

Pucking Amazing!!!!!! Helena Hunting has once again worked her literary magic of a hat trick as she has me totally smitten for that ginger hockey bad boy, Lance Romero and of course his leading lady, Poppy.

photo blackPNG_zpswiaij4yr.png“I savor her— taste her mouth, sample the sweetness of her tongue and the press of her body against mine. I’ve never wanted anyone the way I want her. I don’t want to claim, fuck, devour. I want to be worthy, and I’m afraid I never wil
Cristina | CristiinaReads
IT'S LIVE!

➳With an emotionally captivating love story, filled with emotions and actions that bring a new definition of passion and adoration, Helena Hunting absorbs the reader’s imagination and heart with such an eloquent love story that will have you tearing up for Lance and Poppy…

➳Any basic story would start off with a prologue, identifying the story behind one or both main characters. Or, it could start off with the past story in a timeline representing something that may have triggered the
*****FIVE+++++++STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We’re both full of fire, and his past is full of pain he carries with him. But I’m willing to try, because I want him. And more than that, this man is the kind of beautiful I need in my life.

photo Forever_zps8kbyeq11.png

I think I just fell that much more in love with Helena Hunting!! This series has been nothing short of STELLAR for me. It is definitely, by far, my most favorite Sports RomCom series ever! Each book is simply superb! I have been waiting for months
Elizabeth
"You see the little redhead? She's mine."
description

Pucked Off is the fifth book in the Pucked Series by the fabulous Helena Hunting. There is truly no words to express the magnitude of my love for this series. The colorful characters, witty dialogue, complex plot, and undeniable steam intricately crafted in one beautiful package NEVER GETS OLD! Each and every NHL player and their girl have kept me entertained with every single turn of the page. Lance Romero, AKA Lance “Romance." is one player I have bee
Dali
A sizzling hot and sweet story that will pull at your heartstrings.

Infamous NHL defenseman Lance “Romance” Romero is known for his excess. Too many women, too many fights in and out of the hockey rink. The last of which sent him from the hospital to massage therapy, something he avoids at all costs because he barely tolerates people touching him. But instead of the crawling feeling he usually gets, when a sexy and sweet therapist puts her hands on him he experiences the opposite.

Perhaps he
 Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Knowing that this was going to be very first Helena Hunting read, I was beyond excited to start this. I made a snack, grabbed my favorite blanket, and parked myself on my very comfortable sofa because I had no plans to move any time soon. Now after finishing this, I can honestly say that I regret not reading the other books in the series because this was one so good!! Am I a new fan of this author now? You bet. Am I an idiot for not being on board sooner? Hell yes.

“I’ve nev
Wil Loves Books!
“For the first time in my entire life, I understand what it means to be with someone who will give and not just take.”

I’m going to make this one quick. This was all sorts of AMAZING! The FEELS, the FEELS, all of the capital letter FEELS with this one!!! I read/heard this one in one sitting, one really long, didn’t go to sleep, can’t stop, won’t stop reading sitting. That is how much I loved Pucked Off. I just want to scream from the rooftop: YOU MUST READ THIS!!!

“I could kiss her forever. I c
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Eeeeeep - we're finally back with our #Pucked darlings!!

description

This time it's Lance Romero's turn.
We heard a bit about him in the previous books. Especially about him and former team trainer Tash. But we never heard his side of the story - and it's pretty horrible. Tash is not a nice person at all. Thank god she's not the heroine of this book - I would've stopped reading! ☺

Our heroine is Poppy. We already met her before for a second, Lance did too, but he doesn't remember. He even met her ten years bef
Corina
Feb 22, 2017 Corina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I still remember the first time I read PUCKED in 2015 (not that long ago) and was cracking up over Violets word diarrhea and her Beaver and MC obsession. PUCKED UP and PUCKED OVER pretty much cemented my adoration for everything Helena Hunting's writing style. Since then I have been looking forward to every single book in this series. Helena Hunting created a group of people that are so dear to me, that every time I read one of her books I feel like coming HOME!

With PUCKED OFF though she outdid
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, sexy, easy read. After reading the first book and enjoying it I had started the second book in this series, Pucked Up, and I couldn't get past the OTT attempts at humor -- so I was really happy that this book had a more serious tone. I might need to go back and read the third book, Pucked Over, since that seems to be a favorite too. I really enjoyed the H in this one. I love a damaged hero that finds his perfect h, and we get that here! While this didn
Beverly
Feb 13, 2017 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting what feels like forever on Lance’s book. I know my fellow Pucked lovers have been dying to know Lance’s story and to find out who his love interest is as well. However, I will go ahead and warn you, I was not prepared or expected this, at all. This book was actually so much more and I loved it. Loved it.

This series has been fun, sexy and let’s be honest at times over the top or crude at times. I compare it to a movie like Superbad. It’s hilarious, you just don’t want to watch
Tijuana [TJ Loves Books Blog]
This book is seriously Pucking Good! I'm so in love with Lance!

photo lovegif.gif

Before we begin, I have a couple confessions to make.
1. This is my first Helena Hunting read.
2. I know absolutely nothing about hockey.

Still with me?

Okay....I made those confessions so that anyone else who hasn't tried this series will know firsthand that while those things may add to their enjoyment, they're absolutely unnecessary. What's important to note is the writing is phenomenal. The characters are beautifully written and
Natalie The Biblioholic
It's LIVE & on Blog Tour!

In the essence of full disclosure, I haven't read any other book in the Pucked series.

I'm not really sure why I didn't start this series yet. I adored Helena Hunting's Clipped Wings series and I've had this latest series sitting on my TBR. I just didn't make my way to it until now.

Besides, I always love to support authors from my 'hood and I'm embarrassed that I failed to represent. I love the #6six

So anyhoo, I absolutely loved Lance and Poppy, not to mention the cha
Jess
3.5!

I thought this series ended i'm so happy! I hope its Lance's book

Update 26.11.16 - I CAN'T WAIT!
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Books in the Pucked series should be read in order:
Book 1: Pucked - Alex & Violet
Book 4.5: Pucked Under - Everyone
Book 5: Untitled
Katerina
Mar 30, 2017 Katerina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two thoughtless but not intentionally malicious stars. And two because I'm f*cking generous. Kindly, get ready for a tirade of b*tching and massive spoilers.

For the SG: Depends on your definition of safe. Read further on for clarification.

Story narrated in dual POV.

> Lance, our MC, engages in a toxic relationship with a woman named Tash. Immediately, from Chapter 1, there's OW activity.

But I’m weak for Tash. I don’t know how to say no to her, even though she’s bad for me.

> As evidenced,
Lex ☾
Feb 26, 2017 Lex ☾ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS!

☾Thinking that Lance is my new fictional crush...damn! I've been reading this book all day and every time I turn the page I'm excited to read more from Lance and Poppy.

☾Lance is your typical player/bad boy/broken hockey player, I say typical because what's a good hockey story without a bad boy? He is hung up on his not so ex girlfriend (if that's even what she qualifies as) and is trying to shake the desperation he has for her. He meets Poppy when he is getting a massage, and is imme
Bex (Night Owl Reader)
Remember back in the ‘early days’ of indie romance, every other book was “Beautiful This” and “Beautifully That”? I’ve decided that if Pucked Off were to be named in this style, it would be “Beautifully Broken Hockey Hero.” Lance is a perfect example of a hero who had a rough childhood, suffered at the hands of those who were supposed to love him, and then made some astoundingly bad choices as a result. Once he meets the heroine (view spoiler), though, things start to look ...more
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo PUCKED OFF 2_zpsp7z7dw01.jpg

Book Review: 5+++ Stars

I might get used to angst in Helena’s books! This is the second of hers, in a row, that’s had my heart broken in million pieces for almost 80% of the book. But thank God it was healed in the end. Oh. My. God. What an amazing heartbreakingly anguish filled perfectly imperfect book! And just like every angsty book I read, I was totally invested with the characters. I cried so many times and ended up madly in love with everyone.

Pucked Off is the last spin off of the Puc
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤❤❤❤ I can't wait to start it!!

Jacqueline
Feb 22, 2017 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Witty, sexy and warm, just what I was hoping for.

Complete story, part of a series. Highly recommended.
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Feb 23, 2017 Ang (Sizzling Pages) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arc

I could not wait to get my hands all over Lance “Romance” Romero’s story. Seeing glimpses of this hot hockey player throughout the Pucked books, all his philandering ways, and his tumultuous relationship with the team’s ex-trainer (Tash), had me itching to see who would steel his man-whoring, bunny banging heart. In all honesty, I had a special girl in mind as his heroine and thank goodness my wishes came true! (I won’t say who she is; you’ll need to discover that on your own). The wait for thi
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
Feb 24, 2017 Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★ rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This was soooo sweet and romantic!! Review to come!
Lisa Morgan
Feb 22, 2017 Lisa Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pucked Off

Book Deaceiption

I’m NHL defenseman Lance Romero, AKA Lance “Romance."

Not because I like the notoriety, but because I don’t know how to be any other way.

I have secrets. Ones I shared with the wrong person, and she used them against me. Sometimes she still does. I should cut
  • Three Rules
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • Unwritten (Woodlands, #5)
  • The Spire (The Walshes, #6)
  • Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)
  • Forget You, Ethan
  • Echo the Stars
  • Dignity (The Breaking Point, #2)
  • Maximus
  • Untitled (Jacob's Ladder, #2)
  • Across the Ring
  • Untitled (Game On, #5)
  • Alive
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
  • Porter (Lovibond, #3)
  • Untitled (Slow Burn, #6)
  • Unsuitable
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.
More about Helena Hunting...

Pucked (5 books)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Pucked Up (Pucked, #2)
  • Pucked Over (Pucked, #3)
  • Forever Pucked (Pucked, #4)

“I have a broken boy who’s become a broken man, and as stupid and naïve as it may be, I want to be part of what heals him. “I” 1 likes
“Marry me so I can spend every day loving you for the rest of my life.” 1 likes