Start by marking “Beauty Touched the Beast (Beauty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty Touched the Beast (Beauty, #1)

Beauty Touched the Beast

(Beauty #1)

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  5,139 Ratings  ·  516 Reviews
Erin cleans Mr. Morris’s house twice a week, soaking up every moment with the reclusive ex-soldier she secretly loves. Blake Morris knows he’s scarred both inside and out and is no good for the beautiful young woman who cleans his house to pay for college. But when Erin walks in on Blake touching himself and moaning her name, all bets are off.
Published (first published November 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty Touched the Beast, please sign up.
Super*BETA*Reader It's not a DILF book. I think the "he's old enough to be my father" line was just an exaggeration because at the 47% mark on my kindle there is a line…moreIt's not a DILF book. I think the "he's old enough to be my father" line was just an exaggeration because at the 47% mark on my kindle there is a line that says: "As if he were ancient instead of just 10 years older".
It says in the book that she has spent a total of 6 years at the university (4 as undergraduate and 2 years in postgrad studies). That would make her around 24 and him 34.(less)

Auntee
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic quickies featuring physically scarred heroes
Would've loved this one about Blake (a scarred, older, former miltary-man-turned-writer) and Erin (a college student working as his housekeeper) to be a book length romance, instead of just a short story. Right now I'm imagining all the details the author could've supplied to flesh this one out... It was sweet, and it was hot, and I didn't want it to end. There's something about a hero who is feeling unsure of his worth...love that bit of vulnerability.
I'll definitely check out more from this au
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you

description
The awkward moment when the rave review is longer than the book itself.!!! LOL

I'm in love, completely captivated and you can tell that this one of my all-time favorites ... among novellas. Yes, as the reviews say this is a very short novella but each moment of it is priceless. If there's something I hate is filler. I rather read a short novella that focus on the important than pages and pages of nonsense. Guys, this is a kindle unlimited and if you don't have KU you still should give it a chance
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeOrxBbysb_zps0163628c.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (1/7/2015)

BLURB:
Erin cleans Mr. Morris's house twice a week, soaking up every moment with the reclusive ex-soldier she secretly loves. Blake Morris knows he's scarred both inside and out and is no good for the beautiful young woman who cleans his house to pay for college. But when Erin walks in on Blake touching himself and moaning her name, all bets are off.

Beauty Touched the Beast is a short erotic story of lovers finding refuge with each other. The next installment, B
Exina
The first installment, or rather the first part, of the Beauty series, an erotic and modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

Blake is convinced that because of his damaged appearance he has no chance with Erin.

Erin has insecurities too, and is hesitant to approach Blake. She sees him as a magnetic, desirable man whose scars are the proof of his bravery and honor. She admires him from the first moment they meet.

It is one of my favorite situations when the couple secretly long for each other,
Lisa
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Very short and sweet!
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a scarred hero. Best freebie I've read in a while!
Mariℓina
2,5 Stars!
A very short story, which could have been a little lengthier for sure. It's almost too short to judge. Kidding there is no such thing.

It has a good premise i give you that and a spicy, steamy start, but the rest was a bit blurry for me. I wanted to see a decent built-up and some solid background behind the characters.

It's still though intriguing. With the whole, Beauty and the Beast contemporary fairy-tale twist that i'm a big sucker for, the damaged slightly older hero and of course t
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
My first 1 star rating of the year and what a tiny nugget of poo it was.
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Too short to be considered a novella.
Debra
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Very short but enjoyable story with some steamy scenes in it and an interesting take on the "Beauty and the Beast"-theme.

Gotta love a good Freebie... ;-)
KatLynne
3.5 Stars

An very short, erotic taste introducing the author's Beauty series. Hero is ex-military, older, scarred. Heroine young, beautiful and last semester of college.

I didn't realize this series was a continuation of installments when starting. I've read book #1 and #2 and so far...no huge cliffies!:)
Coco.V
Oct 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/26/2017)!
Holly
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Beauty/Beast theme. Anyone who likes their Quickies to be sweet and steamy
This quickie tackles one of my favorite themes...beauty/beast.

Blake is a war veteran who is scarred both physically and emotionally. Erin is a beautiful young woman who cleans his house twice a week. When Erin stumbles upon the reclusive Blake in a private moment...and calling out her name...the growing feelings she has for her employer start to overwhelm her. But, will she be able to get through to Blake and make him see he's far from the Beast he considers himself to be?

This novella is sexy a
Alp
Touch her now, take her now. She’s mine now.

HAWT AND SWEET!

I must admit that Beauty and the Beast retellings/adaptations are totally my kryptonite, and anytime I come across those books, I find myself unable to resist picking them up. When I saw this book’s title, I knew instantly that I needed to read it. And I’m glad I did because it didn’t disappoint me at all! The story was exceptionally sweet I think I probably just got a toothache. It was so beautiful, heartwarming, emotional, but so hot a
Jen
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For a short read this was a hot steamy read! I really enjoyed it and the writing flowed nicely which made it and easy, enjoyable read.
Erin cleans Blake's house for him in order for her to make some money to go to college. One day she walks in on Blake in an embarassing situation and worries that he may fire her for invading his privacy. Blake on the other hand is concerned Erin will quit and he doesn't want this as they have grown close since she started working for him.
Once they realize each ot
Sammy Loves Books
Very sweet short story with a great spin on an old classic. The beast in this story is sweet and endearing. He's a man that was wounded and scarred fighting for his country.
description
Beauty's a young girl with a caring soul. She's just the person to help the beast understand that his true beauty comes from within.
Lisa Kay
★★★★ Being too short was the only problem this story had. ...more
Mo
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short read. Good if you want to up your reading challenge for the year.
Chappy
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a tease...this story just glances the surface.

So many questions, I guess I'll have to keep reading.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
age difference

Unfortunately these few pages rather felt like a draft. There was barely enough story to even find the right shelves.
Reading this I got thrown right into action, without knowing anything about the characters. I got an idea that Blake was disfigured only through the title and the blurb. And later through bits and pieces.
I must say that the title is not fitting at all. Sorry. But no.
Everything is held short, even the sex scenes. Erin's orgasm happens just briefly after, which is absolutely unreali
♥ℳelody
I'm not a big fan of short stories in general. I'm a full on novel kind of girl but this was good. Of course I loved the beauty and the beast theme who doesn't? I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was a full story but still I liked it. Really sweet sexy story about two people who secretly love each other but are scared to tell each other.

The only thing that I thought was a little fuzzy and unclear was the hero's age. She describes him as old enough to be her father and that wierded me o
Riverina Romantics
A very enjoyable story.

I'm rarely left satisfied with a short story. It's either due to a lack of depth and emotion in the short space of pages or I am unsatisfied in a more acceptable way - when I'm left craving more. The later was the case with 'Beauty Touched the Beast'.

It was well written and had a great blend of heart tingling warmth as well as panty scorching heat.

And boy did I want more.

I wanted to learn more about Blake. To gain a deeper connection to their tortured soul with an equal
Mei
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a pity that's so short... I found it very sweet.
books_and_brew

Super short novella with a Beauty and the Beast vibe. This is the first in a set of novellas and it was pretty cute.

As I find with a lot of these shorts, I simply just don't get enough meat to the story. I liked it enough but more background for the first novella would have been nice.

But at any rate these steamy shorts serve a purpose and purpose it did serve :)

On to the next!
Didi
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHEW!!! That was HAAWWTT!!!!!!!

A very, very short and very, very sexy and erotic read. I've read Wanderlust by the same author and loved it, so I figured I'd probably like her other work. I was right!!! This is the first in a serial and I'm salivating for the next one!!
Dusti Hanrahan
It heated up fast but was over so quickly I have a hard time rating it at all.
Michelle
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I picked up Beauty Touched the Beast as a freebie and when I wanted to read a quick little read, I decided it was time again to pick up a Skye Warren book. I really don’t know why I don’t read this author more. Each time I do read a book from her, I love it and I think I ask that same question. WHY?!?!

BTtB is the story of Erin and Blake, the maid and the damaged man who hid away in the dark.

Blake Morris is a recluse, former soldier who suffered severe scarring to half his face during service tha
Maria
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-read. I forgot how how scorching this little ditty is. Age difference. Beautiful, scarred, wounded hero. Intelligent, caring young woman who sees what is on the inside. All wrapped up in a very erotic, very short story. For absolute, guilty pleasure, 5 stars.
Beck
Jul 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reviewing the reviews, I suspect that my opinion won't be appreciated....this story (so short that if you blink you will miss it) was utter rubbish. Where was the character development? Where was the background story? Where was the editor? The grammatical errors were dreadful. Even my 5 year old knows to start a sentence with a capital for heavens sake. And there were consistency issues as well. One minute she is beneath him then the author has her reaching down to him.

I read approximately
Bargain Basement: FREE!! 1 8 Mar 21, 2018 03:08PM
Romance eReads - ...: **CLOSED**4 ebooks Giveaway - Beauty Series - ends 7/6/13 1 4 Jul 01, 2013 05:14AM
Shayla After Dark: February FREE Read 2 12 Feb 20, 2012 12:06AM
  • His Gift
  • The Riding Crop (Riding Crop #1)
  • Beautiful Mess (Bailey's Boys, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement (The Duquesnes, #1.5)
  • Needing Nita (Serve and Protect, #3.5)
  • Tag Team
  • All Hallows Heartbreaker (Night Fall, #1)
  • Carnally Ever After (The Ever Afters, #1)
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
  • Masks
  • Wicked Mourning
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
  • A Breach of Promise (The Rules of Engagement #1)
  • Lovers Moan
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • A Gift of Snow
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Sex With A Lingering Kiss

Beauty (5 books)
  • Beneath the Beauty (Beauty, #2)
  • Broken Beauty (Beauty, #3)
  • Beauty Becomes You (Beauty, #4)
  • Loving the Beast (Beauty, #5)
“Those scars, received in battle as a soldier, proved his bravery and honor. It was another example of him protecting others, the way he advocated for unheard groups and causes in his writing.” 3 likes