Start by marking “Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean, #2)” as Want to Read:
Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean, #2)

Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean #2)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  401 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Here's what's new with Maggie Bean: At the end of her tumultuous year, Maggie Bean is a very happy, healthy girl. After months of Pound Patrollers attendance, diet, and tough swim workouts, the scale now reads 150. But Maggie isn't resting on her laurels - she's got a busy summer ahead. Not only is Maggie spearheading a Pound Patrollers kids' program but she gets a junior ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Bean Stays Afloat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Bean Stays Afloat

Jennifer Wardrip
Jun 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Maggie hasn't eaten chocolate in 92 days. She's in great shape thanks to her newfound love of swimming. Plus, her days at Pound Patrollers are coming to an end, or so she thinks.

She and Arnie are asked to help create a Pound Patroller program for kids. In addition, Maggie also becomes a summer camp swim instructor. Soon, she's hanging out with other swim instructors and becoming one of the in crowd.

Will she blow off her old friends to become a po
*erica*
May 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Maggie hates her life, she wishes she was popular, her dad is allways switching new jobs, they dont live in the best place and her past is
befor she once weighed 180. but now with the help of a weight loss gruop and her best friends by her side she got to 120 and was a healthy 7th grder. But when she has to be a swim instructor at her lil sisters camp she meants new and popluar friends... shes so destracted by her new friends that she forgets her old and real friends.... does she ditch her old
Caroline Koerner
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Maggie Bean Stays Afloat, by Tricia Rayburn, is about a young teen with all her troubles. At the beginning of the summer she wants nothing to do with anyone after the boy she likes rejects her. She had planned to sit on the couch all summer, but her mom found her a job. The job was to go and work at a summer camp. She also gets the opportunity to help younger kids lose weight with her good friend, Arnie. At summer camp she meets her new friends Polly, Ben, and Jason. She ends up spending all her ...more
Corina J
Laramie Davitian
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book "Maggie Bean Stays Afloat", is about a young but over weight girl. When Maggie joins a club for weight lose, she meets her best friend Arnie. Mags and Arnie have been friends ever since, but that all changes when Mags gets a new job as a junior swim instructor at her little sisters summer day camp. There, she meets a whole new set of friends that she leaves her old ones for. Her used to be best friend Amii, is haging out with her friends in the summer camp and their little group is call ...more
Brianna
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As Maggie Bean continues to struggle with weight, Pound Patrollers comes to a close. Her and Arnie are asked to start Patrol This, a weight loss program for kids. Neither really want to do it, but Arnie makes it fun, and the kids can't wait until next week. Along with that, Maggie's summer starts with working as a junior swim instructor at a local camp. It's full of high school kids, but one Ben invites her on a date and they go out for about a month until they find out about her troubled past. ...more
Carter
Sep 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Maggie is happy and healthy and on her last Pound Patrollers meeting, she and Arnie were invited to help with a new company, Patrol This (Pound Patrollers for kids) and design the website. Maggie is also a junior counselor for swimming at Camp Sound View. She becomes friends with Ben, Jason, and Polly. She doesn't get to talk to Aimee that often so they get into a fight and Aimee won't speak to her. Since she is so busy whith her new friends, she and Arnie and Aimee are growning apart. But, when ...more
Jill
Rayburn does an excellent job of letting us know who Maggie Bean really is. We can identify with her, while at the same time recognize her mistakes (like not finding out what was going on with her best friend--who is an awesome friend, btw.) Or like getting caught up in hanging out with/liking an older boy when the one right in front of you that's been there through thick (literally!) and thin, might just be the one you should be hanging out with. Rayburn shows us how to admit and own your mista ...more
Candice
Jan 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
A really awesome companion to the Melting of Maggie Bean, it touches on a really sensitive subject for most people -- obesity. Maggie Bean used to be 200 pounds +, but after chasing after an intense dream to join the Water Wings, the school swim team where all the popular girls reside, she loses weight and her craving and addiction to chocolate. She regains her self esteem, and becomes a healthier person.
This book is sublime for preteens and teens.
StorySnoops
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it
This second in the Maggie Bean series is just as engaging and rewarding as the first. Positive body image is celebrated as Maggie becomes a mentor in a weight loss program for younger kids, and has to not only keep making healthy choices for herself, but figure out fun and creative ways to gets kids to buy into the program as well. Maggie declined to swim with the Water Wings... (click for full review http://www.storysnoops.com/detail.php...)
Kelly☆
This book is the second book of the Maggie Bean serise. This time Maggie loses weight and is happy about it. But when Peter Appelwood comes and becomes her friend. She's trying to prove that she's the right girl for him. Will it work or will she embraress herself in front of everybody?

I choosed this book because I fealt like it.

I finished this book because I had nothing to do.

I recomend this book to Lana G.
Natalie
Jan 03, 2010 rated it liked it
I've read the first book. Have to read the first book to get the second book. I thought it was pretty good. Just to fill you in the first book is about a girl named Maggie Bean. Maggie Bean loves to eat choclate which leads to her being overweight. I liked the first book because it was telling how a girl my age overweight and how she felt. I could put myself into her shoes. Second one is about her summer.
Julie
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot better than the first one. This was probably because Maggie wasn't struggling as much with her weight and eating issues, so it was much happier in that way. I really hope that Tricia Rayburn comes out with another one, because I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Jane K
May 23, 2011 added it
I thought that it was a pretty good book. Just like Maggie Bean the first one, a teenage girl can really compare the problems maggie bean faces with their own problems. I thought it was a really good book and I think that people who are into girly book should read it.
Morgan Lemke
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of maggie bean, and u will figure out that maggie not only deals with all her problems, but also has a few new ones arrising. is it enough? will she cave into chocolate AGAIN?
Renee Nordquist
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book for the single fact that almost every young girl is in a position somewhat like Maggie's and it's wonderful for girls to understand no matter how hard things can be things will work out:)
Maggie
Nov 03, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was like any other book written about a teenage girl. Girl likes boy, boy likes her back, but best friend who is a boy likes her. Lost a lot of weight, family doesn't have that much money, Blag blah blah blah blah.
Isabella Starvaggi
The sequel to The Melting of Maggie Bean, it is a good continuation of Maggie's story. She gets caught up in her new summer life and friends. She has to remember to pay attention to her old priorities, too.
Divyya
Oct 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls
it was OK...not the best
Samantha
Jun 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I lovedthis book! Maggie and Arnie's relationship was absolutely adorable!
nikki
Jan 22, 2010 added it
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this book i couldn't stop reading it!
Sarah G Goldberg
It was a good laugh for a sad day.
ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ
Jul 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is an awesome next book of the series!
Jess
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Sequel to Maggie Beans is Melting (or something like that). A bit melodramatic, but I thought the descriptions of how the characters acted and reacted was pretty accurate.
morgan
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it
For a book set for ages 9-13, I found the plot very interesting. Though it may be predictable for an older audience, I would recommend this to a younger friend.
Denise
Jun 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Another cute Maggie Bean book. I'm hanging on to these for my girls.
1Maggie
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it was one of the best I have read!
Brianna
I am reading this book right now and I am on like page 10. (:
Emily
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Arlene
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good book! I would like most likely give this book to them! I loved it so much! It is really really really really really really really really good book!!!!READ IT! I give it a FIVE!
  • So Totally Emily Ebers
  • Bluish
  • Regarding the Bees: A Lesson, in Letters, on Honey, Dating, and Other Sticky Subjects
  • The Broken Bike Boy and the Queen of 33rd Street
  • The Boy Who Howled
  • Dumped by Popular Demand (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts, #1)
  • Cupcake Cousins (Cupcake Cousins, #1)
  • Seeing Cinderella
  • Brett McCarthy: Work In Progress
  • The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney (Devon Delaney, #1)
  • Dessert First
  • Mall Madness (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #15)
  • A Friend Called Anne
  • The Rocky Road Trip of Lydia Goldblatt & Julie Graham-Chang (The Popularity Papers, #4)
  • Eleven (The Winnie Years, #2)
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 4: When the Past is a Present (Amelia Rules! #4)
  • School Spirit (Suddenly Supernatural #1)
  • Dexter the Tough
Tricia Rayburn lives on eastern Long island with her fiancé and crazy shih tzu. She tries to eat vegetables instead of candy but, in her weaker moments, loves Reese's Pieces. The Melting of Maggie Bean is her first novel.
More about Tricia Rayburn

Maggie Bean (3 books)
  • The Melting of Maggie Bean (Maggie Bean, #1)
  • Maggie Bean in Love (Maggie Bean, #3)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Wednesday Sisters
  • Allie and Bea
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • All the Summer Girls
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Girl From the Train
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Winds (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters, #3)
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Fear of Flying
    $19.99 $1.99
  • A Virtuous Woman (Oprah's Book Club)
    $15.95 $1.99