Start by marking “Crown Jewels (Off-Limits Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crown Jewels (Off-Limits Romance, #1)

Crown Jewels

(Off-Limits Romance #1)

From USA Today bestseller Ella James...

After that close-up of his package on the sailboat in Morocco, TMZ started calling him Crown Jewels.
Not that I keep track of Prince Liam. Definitely don’t stalk him online like my friends do.
I’m out of that scene now. My family’s reality show might still be running, but I’ve been off-screen for a while. When people pass me on th
Published November 18th 2016 by Barkley's Books

Carol
Nov 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
No. No, no, no. This book sounded interesting. It really did. Thought what the hell! I knew it was gonna be those less serious reads, the ones perfect to just escape. God, yeah I guess it was but damn if I wish I had just NOT finished it instead of allowing my brain to nag me to finish because of my own irritating curiosity about Liam's secrets.

Yes. Liam. He was remarkably interesting, thank God. Probably the only reason I stuck it out to the finish line. Dear lord. Lucy was awful. I
Abby
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Advanced reader copy received through Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest opinion*
My Rating: 5 OUTSTANDING ROYAL STARS!
Crown Jewels is one awesome read and it is packed with lots of goodness and hotness and I just can't put it down!

Prince Liam is one DREAMY male lead character and I am fascinated with him. Although he was first described as pretty much a playboy prince, when he met Lucy he is so caring and protective towards her. And he also loves to eat lamb chop and his favorite animal is elep
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo option6_zps5rebx6io.png

As much as I enjoy reading an Ella James book, Crown Jewels was just okay for me. It was a good book since I liked the premise of a reality TV starlet and a real life prince getting together and then their one night stand leads to an unexpected pregnancy. That synopsis sold
Colleen Scidmore
This was a really enjoyable read. I have been pretty sick lately so I just wanted to read to take my mind off it and this was the perfect book.
I love the dynamics between Lucy and Liam. It wasn't exactly an insta love but there was instant attraction and it was pretty hot!
It was also nice to see how they really got to know one another and it wasn't solely sex scenes.
Lucy has had some serious knocks against her so I was really hoping things would work out between her and Prince Laim, especiall
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Title: Crown Jewels
Author: Ella James
Category: Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone
POV: Dual
Plot: 4
Characters: 4
HEA: Not telling

A different book from Ella James! We have a prince and a reality show star.
One night is enough to change Lucy's life forever. Distraught, she falls into the arms of gorgeous prince Liam, a Scottish blue blood, and ends up with more than she can handle!!!
The story was refreshing and the plot was skillfully woven! There is romance, comedy and passion all thrown into the mix.
I will be honest and say I had a hard time getting into the story mainly because I felt as if I had misse
Heather andrews
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Lucy's cat is not shy at all, "I look down at his feet, where Grey is rubbing himself against Liam’s ankles. “I think my dude cat is in love with you.” I liked when Liam was sweet, and caring, “shhhhh.” His hand smooths over my hair. I feel his lips against my forehead. “Don’t cry. I’m sorry.” I enjoyed this book, Liam's demeanor wasn't what I was expecting he was sweet, caring and lovable.
Funda Demir
Mar 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Jamie Davis
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unsurprisingly this author delivers romance in a way that makes you not only fall in love with the characters but root for them as well. Ella leaves you with a firm understanding that the heart wants what it wants and love doesn't ask permission before sneaking in, taking over,  throwing rules out the window. When you read an Ella James book you'll flip to the last page before you realize it and find it ended just the way it should.
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

4.5 Crown Jewels

Ella James is an author that always brings the heat, the romance, and the suspense. God, the suspense this woman puts in her novels sucks me in every single time, and Crown Jewels is another romance that is intriguing from page one.

Lucy and Liam’s relationship is the center of this story of suspense and betrayal. From the very beginning of the story, when the reader is introduced to Lucy, she has already separated herself from
*Lisa*
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars!

It was okay. I didn't expect much, but I still got something relatively enjoyable.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Crown Jewels by Ella James
3 stars!!!

“After our one night together, no one knows that I succumbed.
It doesn’t matter. It meant nothing.
Not until I see those two pink lines.”

This was a lighter read from Ella James, the books I have read in the past of hers have always been darker and more suspense based, whereas this is more a contemporary romance with a little suspense woven in.

Crown Jewels is the story of Prince Liam, an Island of Gael Blueblood and Lucy Rhode/>
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
Sooo good!

5 stars
Amazon KU

I seriously loved just about everything about this book! Definitely recommend it! Full review to come.
Anne Milne
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of this book really like how it was given that modern touch with the paperazzi and social media.
Prince Liam is a bit of a media w**re his antics are regularly captured around the world, he's legendary with woman who all want a piece of his crown jewels (he he). He's an unapologetic playboy and the first impressions you get certainly play into that but as the story progresses oh my did my feelings change.
Lucy is part of a famous reality tv family but she's stepped away from
Susan Burdorf
Shelves: 11-19-2016
Whenever I read a book by Ella James I know what I am getting: a book I will always remember, and characters I want to have in my life in the flesh. I have been reading Ella James since she first published her YA books, and when she switched to her more mature books and characters I was thrilled to discover she lost none of her charm during the change in genre. Crown Jewels is an amazing book with characters that leap off the page. I started the book and finished it the same day, it was that int ...more
April Symes
Crown Jewels by Ella James was a very enjoyable read and it is packed with lots of goodness and steaminess which kept me hooked and I couldn’t put this book down.

Prince Liam is one hunky dream male lead character and he was one that kept me fascinated with him throughout the entirety of this book. Though he was at first described as a playboy prince, when he met Lucy he is so caring and protective towards her. I love the dynamics between Lucy and Liam. Theirs wasn’t an insta-love romance but t
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova

Ella James just rocks this book royally in Crown Jewels. I think my anxiety was at an all time high throughout the book from beginning to end. But it was the good anxiety. The anticipation makes you hope will eventually be ok. The secrets that are out there were keeping me on my toes. With each page turned I kept thinking to myself, will they come clean yet? I love the sexiness of Lucy's and Liam's romance in and out of the sheets. This book is by far another 5 star rating for me. I love when I
Amy
Nov 27, 2016 rated it liked it
As a star on her family's reality television show, Lucy is accustomed to being the object of curiosity of strangers. She knows what it's like to be watched and wondered about. So she considers her crush on Prince Liam of Gaul to be something frivolous, a secret she can enjoy.

What if, though, the crush is reciprocated?

Lucy gets a chance to find out when she and Liam wind up at the same Hamptons house party. Also there is Lucy's ex-fiancé, a man she fears. Emotionally on ed
Jenny
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Melanie (mells_view)
I have a love hate relationship with this book.

Ok so I ended up liking this story. The gist of it at least. I liked how there was a bit of mystery and suspense. I liked how you slowly get pieces of what is going on. I also like that Liam and Lucy were pretty hot and heavy. I mean they start off as a one-night stand, and what follows is pretty angsty, but all in all I liked them together and enjoyed their sweet moments!

What I didn't like is some moments just felt beyond pointless,
Melinda
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Crown Jewels by Ella James

I really loved the blurb on this book and was eager enough to request an arc based on that, plus the fact that I've enjoyed this authors work previously. The idea of a reality show starlet (think, Kardashians) and a Prince sounds like a great recipe for a perfect book. While I can't say that I disliked the book, it was probably only an 'ok' read for me. I found it a little difficult to connect with the characters and feel invested in their HEA. There's plenty of drama
Sera ~ Catty Reader
DNF @ 6%

This might be my fastest DNF to date. I tried this last night and hated it. I tried it again tonight and hated it yet again. This not the book for me and if I already hate the main character at 6% (from the first sentence tbh) and I'm already skimming, it's time to give up already.

This is probably just me. There are a lot of good reviews, so be sure to give it try for yourself.
Karina Ramirez
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult
Unfortunately this book wasn't for me. It took until nearly the 80% mark for her to even tell him that she's pregnant. Then the whole kidnapping? I'm confused. Like really confused. Most of the story could've been omitted since the epilogue covered more in it then the entire book did ....

I really hate writing bad reviews. This story if definitely for many people just not for me.
Nicole P
Argh! I don't know what in the hell I just read but it was torturous and painful! The blurb made it sound fun, interesting and entertaining. A TV starlet and a bonafide Prince entangled with each other sounds enticing and intriguing right? Wrong! Instead I got an immature former TV reality star who surrounds herself with spoilt, coke head brats. Throw in the player prince, who is also a spoilt coke head brat and you've got one nasty background story that doesn't make me feel connected to or symp ...more
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
The one thing I have come to realize is that Ella James is one of those authors that can write any kind of sub genre romance and is guaranteed to be page turner. She has once again held me captive with her story.

I am not a huge fan of royal romances. Crown Jewels is not the typical royal romance. It's a story of two very real people struggling within their elite world. They are struggling to maintain a normal existence where they are seen as individuals rather than an image. Both of these beautiful p
Books Laid Bare
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is only the second book I have read from this author and I think that having very little to compare this too helped, because I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect.
I read the blurb and was sure that it was for me, it made all the right noises but half way through I started to think that I was being drowned by the content, there is so much going on that at times it was a sensory overload almost.
I liked the fact that the author had taken an old fashioned fairy tale almost and brought it
Maria
Nov 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I really liked the potential this story had.

It started a solid 4 star, maybe even 5 star if it wasn't for the beginning of the book (what Liam was doing before he went back to his room and Lucy....just disgusting!!!)

Other then that I was enjoying this book immensely. The story was intriguing and I just couldn't put the book down. At first, I ignored the grammar errors and missing words. But they kept happening all through the book. It was distracting and annoying. Sometimes, sentenc
Maddy's Reading
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*~*~*ARC generously provided by SocialButterfly PR in exchange of an honest review *~*~*
My Rating: 4.5 *Royal* Stars

oh my god this book was so good!!! At first I was a little confused by the plot, but Ella James has written this book in a very unique way which makes it so much more unputdownable!!
Lucy has been part of a reality show in the Hamptons since she was young and knows all about being in the public eye. After a traumatic experience, she has moved away and spends
Tracy
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent fun!! I just wish I had more time to read...I definitely didn't want to put it down but life kept getting in the way.

It's a cute story that flowed nicely. Lucy and Liam come from different worlds but have one thing in common---not always welcomed----FAME. This story brings two people together who didn't know they needed each other. I enjoyed every minute of their journey and hope you do as well. So buy this book and get started!! :).
Sarah  (sarahandherbookshelves)

Also, (view spoiler)I got this book for free for kindle, and I have to say sadly that I am glad I did as I did not enjoy the story very much. There were to many sex scenes in my opinion and many of them seemed to be thrown in just for the sake of having a sex scene. I do not mind sex scenes but when there is an abundance of them and when I do not feel like they are not written well it is just makes me cringe and skim over the pages super quickly.

Also, (view spoiler) Plus I found Lucy and Liam's relationship to be very insta-lovey and not in a cute/good way.
Sbell
I was hesitant to read this book because
the heroine, Lucy, was on a show similar
to KUWTK. I HATE, LOATHE, AM DIS-
GUSTED by anything Kardashian, so I
was a little put off. BOY WAS I WRONG!!
I fell in love with Lucy Rhodes from the
start. She was so honest, and so accepting.
She was a free spirit, but had such compassion
for people. When Liam's demons came out
she was so non-judgmental, and just
wanted to be there for him.
She is my favori

• Love on a Dirt Road (The Roughneck Series, #1)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Skin Deep (Simeon Grist Mystery, #3)
  • Confessions of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #1)
  • The Scars Between Us
  • Waking up in Vegas (Westerwald Trilogy #1)
  • Typist #1, Working for the Billionaire Novelist (Billionaire Novelist #1)
  • Just a Little Surprise (Just a Little, #6)
  • Faking It
  • Cole (The Leaves, #2)
  • Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells
  • The Right Kind of Love (Blue Hearts Series Book One)
  • Walking Heartbreak (Rock Gods #1)
  • Rolling the Dice (All In Duet #1)
  • Stricken Resolve (Stricken Rock, #4)
  • Last Call
  • Protecting Her (The Kensingtons #3)
  • Good Vibrations (Welcome to Paradise, #1)
Ella James is the USA Today bestselling author of seventeen teen and adult love stories. She's an angst-a-holic who loves exploring difficult situations and the emotions of the people caught up in them. Also, smut. But always, always romance.

Ella's obsessions include vanilla cream soda, hiking, other obscure, crunchy stuff like rock collecting, and the antics of her three little monste

Off-Limits Romance (4 books)
  • The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance, #2)
  • Fractured Love (Off-Limits Romance, #3)
  • The Plan (Off-Limits Romance, #4)