Start by marking “Interlude: First Noel (The Executive Office #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Interlude: First Noel (The Executive Office #3.5)

Interlude: First Noel

(The Executive Office #1.5)

Before Ethan returns to DC…
Before he becomes Jack’s first gentleman…
Jack and Ethan share their first Christmas together.

Step back to Jack and Ethan’s first Christmas season and the tentative early months of their relationship under the world’s spotlight.

Three months into Ethan’s transfer-in-exile in Des Moines, Iowa, the pressures of dating Jack, the president of the
Published December 19th 2016 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Interlude, please sign up.
SMi I wondered the same thing. I didn’t read it after the first book, and by the time I’d finished book 3, so much had happened in the series, I didn’t…moreI wondered the same thing. I didn’t read it after the first book, and by the time I’d finished book 3, so much had happened in the series, I didn’t feel like going back in the timeline. It really needs to be listed as 1.5. I’m sure there a way to rectify it. Maybe a GR librarian can correct it? (less)

Parvathy
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-book-reviews

5++++ Stars!

What could I possibly say other than that I'm a gooey mess..!! Jack and Ethan just make me fall in love with them more and more and more every time I read about them. I just melted when I read Interlude....melted into big piles of mush...!!!

Interlude picks up right after Jack's rescue in Enemies of the State and describes Ethan's 'exile'. Jack and Ethan are separated and besides dealing with that, Ethan also has to deal with the media constantly hounding him. They just found each oth
Sophia Triad
The book answers the following crucial question:
How a man (with burning passion and love) can survive the facts that
1. he has a long distance relationship and
2. his boyfriend is the President of the United States.

Well, Ethan is in trouble for sure in this book.
After the events of “Enemies of the State”, he has been transferred to Des Moines, Iowa chasing counterfeiters and financial crimes.
The press is after him, his coworkers are avoiding him, and his new boss makes his li
Diana
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Baby/Love Stars

Interlude: First Noel tells us what happens with the fallout and repercussions of Jack’s admission of love for Ethan. At the end of Enemies of the State, Ethan is demoted and shipped to a small field office in Des Moines, Iowa. Not only is he dealing with a boss that hates him, he also has to live with the press constantly hounding him. He counts down the days until he can be with Jack again, and that is what keeps him going.

President Jack Spiers also has to deal with world le/>Interlude:
Barbara➰
I swear...I am hooked. Hooked I tell ya! These two melt my heart and I want more and more! I still can't believe I'm reading a series with politics. I guess Christmas miracles do happen.

I feel so bad for Ethan and all he is going through with his job. But, he says many times, it is worth it. Worth it to be with his love, Jack. And my heart hurts for Jack and the decisions he has to make as the president. He is such a good man. These two deserve each other's love more than anything.

Gah! And my all time favorite thing...Kissing.
Gigi

More adventures with Jack and Ethan! This one is love and comfort and fluffy, fluffy, fluffy! These two are too fucking cute! Their love story is sappy and cheesy and leaves me stupid-happy. This is romance at its best.

Ethan had never loved anyone like he loved Jack. And he’d never been loved by anyone the way Jack loved him. It was still new, just six months old, but that love had remade Ethan’s entire world. So far, he’d puclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Interlude: First Noel is just what I needed to satisfy (for now) my craving for more Jack and Ethan! I love them! And Interlude: First Noel is so much more about them than it is about war and intrigue. And it was beautiful. Jack and Ethan's first Christmas as a couple. *swoon*

And, though I think that Interlude: First Noel can be read before Enemy of My Enemy, since it takes place between books Enemies of the State and Enemy of My Enemy, I found myself actually paying attention to certain characters more bec/>Interlude:
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Seems to be getting better*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

This was strangely better than the first book in the series. I do believe that the reason for that is that this one focused more on president Jack Spiers (45) and Special Agent Ethan Reichenbach (36? 38? In his forties?)'s romance. On getting their relationship stronger, more fitted and grounded. Overall, I liked it. Wasn't the best read, but an enjoyable one. I hope book 2 will be even better. Fingers crossed!
‘J, All of my hours and all of my minutes now belong to you’. ~ E

Quick basic facts:
Genre: - (Adultfacts:
:crossed!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This one was ALL about Ethan and Jack and it couldn't have made me happier!

❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧

No, no I did not.

Man oh man there was so MUCH hotness!

And...

And.

So
Swoon worthy
Romantic!

My favorite swoon worthy part....(view spoiler)Mr. President?”And, that is how it has been done "romance" since the beginning of time. And it has a swoon worthy affect on most, since the beginning of time, I'm glad this writer useclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Simone
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 stars***

Fluff at its best and everything I needed right now!

Or in other words: Loved it!!! ;-)
Tina

Seems I can't get enough of Ethan and Jack. Loved reading this interlude while waiting for Enemy Within. Is it March 28 already???
Shile
5 stars for the story and great writing, for Jack and Ethan, for the secret service teddy bear and everything else in between

This was too sweet for words sugar coated candy and fluffy.. Jack and Ethan are so amazing together this was romance at its best.
I have fallen in love with these two even more.

I was smiling from page 1 to the last page

I have fallen in love with these two even more.

I was smiling from page 1 to the last page

Loved it
Ariana
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
To call this a novella would be one of the hugest understatements ever.
'Interlude: First Noel' has amazing depth, incredible writing, a whole murder investigations, a fateful UN meeting and lots and lots and lots of Jack and Ethan.
*dreamy sigh* (that's for the last point, just in case you were not sure. *g*)

I love it when a skillful author like Tal Bauer packs so much in so 'little'.
So how did Jack and Ethan fare after their big revelation in book 1? That was a question I asked myself at the time. And they were all answered here. One thing
Donna
Yes! This was great from the get go! I know it was much shorter than book one, but, frankly, I thought it was by far the better story overall! :D

Now, I just have to wait and see how book two plays out... Enemy of My Enemy is one long book... I hope it is action packed from page one... I am not sure how I would react if I have to go through half of the book to get to the story, again! ;p

Karla
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Interlude" was another wonderful addition to Jack/Nathan life. This one takes place before Nathan becomes Jack's first gentlemen and goes to live with him at the Whitehouse.
description
Well, again these guys had me swooning their love going strong as ever, it didn't even matter the distance they had to endure. With Nathan being transfer in exile to Iowa it made it hard for them, but not impossible. That actually was my favorite part, no matter the distance they found ways to always stay in touch either vi
Sanaa
The Executive Office series is one of my favorite series and I can't believe I waited so long to read this. I loved it so much and I'm so happy it was all about Jack and Ethan!
Tal
Dec 19, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hello,

I was informed that there was a problem with the Amazon Kindle version of Interlude on release day, 12/19/16.

Amazon released a corrupted version of Interlude to all pre-order customers and to some who purchased the book on 12/19/16. My publisher and I were made aware of this and took immediate steps to rectify the situation.

If you have Interlude on your Kindle, please check the Dedication Page. It should say that this book is for you, for all the readers. If you see this, you
Chris
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
Oh I loved being back with Jack & Ethan ... the angst between these two was palpable- short visits then long days of distance between them. The challenge of love !
Even though I got a crappy copy of the book ( the pre order with edits etc ) I still loved it... can't wait for more❤
BR11
Nice novella! More of Jack and Ethan and their lives in DC and Iowa. Sweet Christmas for these two and a melting kiss a la "Love, Actually" ;)
Nat ReadingAllNite
I received an ARC as a gift from the author, without expectation of a review. I am offering my honest opinion.

As usual with a Tal Bauer story, I'm a squishy, squidgy, teary-eyed mess. Just like with Enemies of the State and Enemy of My Enemy, I fell in love with Ethan and Jack even more. Well, I'm still kind of miffed with Jack but that's another story...heh. Tal has a way of bringing their characters to life and I've become fully invested in their saga! This story relates the events between the two
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

While I'm ecstatic to get this novel, it's making me a little ragey because I want the next in the series so bad. Excuse my grouchy ways, I'm battling the cold demon in my City. I'm not ready for freezing temperatures! I'm pleasantly happy to see Ethan & Jack again. Man, Tal doesn't do anything half assed. They went into this book with more then a Holiday novella in store. This was a solid storm with so much happy, romancy, feelings. I always wanted to read about their mini break when Ethan
Christelle
Part of a series, not to be read as a standalone.
As the blurb says, after Jack, President of the US and Ethan, his Secret Service detail revealed under unwanted circumstances their loving relationship, they both make the best of the circumstances : Ethan being demoted to the Financial crime unit in Des Moines and Jack, trying to build an international alliance to fight terrorist attacks while being shunned by some heads of States.

Jack and Ethan prove here that their relationshi
Debra
I could just review this one with a bunch of heart emojis but I'll say a few words anyway.

This interlude that fills in the gap between Enemies of the State and Enemy of My Enemy was just perfect. Comfort, cuteness and a bit of a tug at the heart. Since I've already read book 2 I knew where it was going, but feeling the pain of their separation and of Ethan's hostile reception in Iowa still got to me.

Since the main focus is the relationship, though there is also the case Ethan is wo
Kaje Harper
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, favorites, mystery
I really enjoyed this look at President Jack and Agent Ethan, trying to make a long-distance relationship work. A few details tweaked me as slightly unlikely, but it was sweet and fun, with a bit of tension, and two excellent characters. The complication of Ethan's public history, and its impact on his effectiveness (and safety), seemed to suggest he should have been given a different job from the start. But his interactions with his boss, coworkers, and other secondary characters added a lot to ...more
Annika
Ethan and Jack are back!
There’s something about this couple that just makes me smile.

I loved everything about this book, and seeing how I read this book cover to cover with a raging migraine, that should tell you something about this book.

We are finally going back to visit Ethan and Jack in the White House for some holiday fun!

Or well, not literally. This book picks up just after Enemies of the State, with Ethan and Jack in different states, trying to make their relationship work long-distance. And it doesn’t hel
Lila Hunter
Rating: 4.5 stars

Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by NineStar Press in exchange for an honest review.
Denise H.
* Magnificent ! * Fifteen years in our future, some things seem similar, and some very different. Des Moines, Iowa to Washington D.C.,
we see Ethan,

now demoted to a Secret Service job investigating Counterfeit money, and stuck behind a desk, low profile.
Jack, POTUS, President of the United States,

is garnering a global deal to fight terrorists, partnering with Russia's President Puchkov, to cont
Cadiva
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's weird going back with Jack and Ethan to see their first Christmas together after the story had moved on in time at the end of book one.

But it's also a really sweet insight into how they made their long distance relationship work after Ethan got banished to Iowa.

There's also a nice little side plot with an investigation into counterfeiting which takes a sideways turn into an FBI murder case while Ethan deals with his local chief not wanting him there.

Their
Catherine
Overall, I really liked this short story.

Tal Bauer knows how to write characters who are deeply in love. Jack and Ethan's utter devotion to one another, and their deep admiration for the other person, comes across on every page. They do a lot of putting the other person first. They do a lot of checking in, communicating, and offering emotional support during times of stress. Their love is there in every glance, every touch, every thought. And yet they are still distinctly their own people - cap
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
5 stars. Obviously. Not that anyone expected anything else, right? ;)

The author promised pure fluff and while it wasn't 100% fluff I still loved it. (Sidenote: It's not 100% fluff because it covers more than just their first christmas together. We get a more detailed glimpse into Ethan's time in "exile" and a case he worked there. And that case isn't fluffy.)

How I loved to see Jack and Ethan again; pre-EomE when everything was alright. <33 Now I'll have to wait for book 3 and I n
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Merry Christmas, Darling! (Holiday Codas, #1)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)
  • Three Dates of Christmas
  • Humbug
  • 63 Days Later: A Holiday Tail (Wild #1.5)
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • The Family We're Born With (Finding Family, #1)
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Something to Believe In
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song
  • Walking on Thin Ice (Ice and Snow Christmas, #1)
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Everything He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1.5)
  • Summerfield's Angel (The Christmas Angel, #2)
  • Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)

Tal Bauer is an award-winning and best-selling author of LGBT romantic thrillers. He is happily married and lives with his husband in Texas. Tal is a member of the Romance Writers of America.

Website - www.talbauerwrites.com
Amazon Author - http://amazon.com/author/talbauer
Twitter - @TalBauerWrites
Email: tal@talbauerwrites.com
Newsletter - http://eepurl.com/cs0vsn

The Executive Office (3 books)
  • Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1)
  • Enemy Of My Enemy (Executive Office #2)
  • Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3)