Start by marking “Crashing the Party” as Want to Read:
Crashing the Party

Crashing the Party

Retail workers and evil never get a day off, and traveling printer salesman Kale Green is no exception. He might look like a Jolly Green Giant, but he can be a real Grinch. Working on the holidays can dampen anyone’s spirits, and on top of that, a sleepy Georgia town has it out for Kale and his car. From fender-benders to flat tires, Kale and his trusty company car Bessie ...more
Published December 1st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Crashing the Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crashing the Party

Jordan
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphabookclub
I really love anthologies, and this is a prime example of why. I probably never would have chosen to read this book if it wasn’t part of the DSP Advent Calendar, but I am very happy I did. Crashing the Party is definitely one of my favorite reads of the calendar so far.

From the fluffy cuteness to the comedy and the discreet flirting (on Kale’s part), this book was everything I needed in a holiday story. While Kale was withdrawn and a little on the quiet side (albeit very dedicated to his job), W
Ami

Okay, first of all KALE Green?!? Seriously, I need to question his parents’ idea of a name *laugh*. Poor Kale. His childhood was probably not fun. Anyway, this was a cute established relationship story – but the structure of it threw me off in the beginning.

See, the story opens with Kale calling his boyfriend’s house, and telling Wes that he will be there soon. But then then the scene changes to the previous year when Kale first met Wes. I was really confused because there wasn’t any ‘s
Serena Yates
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2016
“Besides, a boyfriend wasn’t like a college couch—you couldn’t pick one up off the side of the road.” – Kale Green

While Kale is not a “dedicated” Grinch, he does dislike the holidays to the point that he gets annoyed with all the Christmas music, not to mention the insane traffic. And I can see where he is coming from: his boss makes him work until the last second, traveling to meet clients all over his sales territory, and with the bad luck he’s had on the road and with his car, it makes sense
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Unicorn Group Jizzmas Review!

3.5 Hearts

Kale Green: Not jolly or green!

Kale’s supposedly a Grinch but car trouble on Christmas Eve will make anyone fussy, ammiright? And his company car, Bessie, is either in on fixing Kale up with a AAA wizard or just plain ole unreliable. I'm not sure which but I'd be looking to trade Bessie in. Wes Armstrong is described as a lumberjack type but I didn’t read anything about facial hair so I’m guessing he’s a big un in flannel. I’m fine with either and Wes reads
Sara
3.5 Hearts

A light hearted story with a trip down memory road with Kale Green as he drives home to celebrate Christmas Eve with his boyfriend Wes. It was cute to see how Kale views the holiday and how the spirit crashed into him the year before to change it all. Yup, crashed as in Wes, the handsome ginger of the lumbersexual but mechanic profession persuasion, crashed into Kale one dark and icy night which lead to them sharing space, heat, food and conversation until the police arrived.

Besid
Ann
Full Unicorning every Sunday as the stories are released.

This is seriously my favorite time of year and I look forward to all the Merry Jizzmas so hard. I'm really loving this years stories, I'm basically having a daily squeefest of holiday overload.

**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review**
Deanna
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I love Dreamspinner's Advent Calendar series. I love a sweet short story that totally pulls me in.

Kale is a printer salesman with a bit of bad car karma. He gets into a car accident on Christmas Eve when Wes slips on ice and slides into his back bumper. Then when he is back in town on New Years Eve he winds up with a flat. When Wes shows up as the tow truck driver, Kale thinks his bad luck just might be changing.

I love how the story flips from present to past. It was cute and entertaining. Kal
Suze
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Driving home for Christmas with fond memories of the last year for Kale as he counts his last years troubles as blessing in disguise.
Nice.
Amber
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Hearts

This one started a bit weird for me. I went back and re-read the beginning because it almost felt like I was thrown into a story at the midway part. It got better as the story went on which tied everything together a bit more.

This was a cute, established relationship Christmastime story. Kale Green (his parents were comedians, apparently LOL) is a travelling salesman. He is always busy as the majority of his time is spent out of town. During the holiday season which usually doesn’t bring
Ana
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: trr
Kale's luck threatens to change when a Christmas crash caused him to face a charming fellow driver who had a lot of Christmas spirit.

Kale is heading home for a lonely but fun night after having to work on Christmas Eve. But the weather doesn't seem to be on his side and when he faces troubles with his company car, his night might ended up being a little different than he expected.

CRASHING THE PARTY was a cute and fun story. The characters were very endearing and I liked how their relationship
Lelyana
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, arc, dsp, holiday, mm
Cute holiday story, with miracles and destiny on the plate.
I enjoyed this story, because, how many miracles you can have even in holiday? And finding your destiny in the middle of the 'unfortunate' moments in your life? Rare.
A little confuse about the flashback, but so far, this one is a good and fun read.
Read this!

* I received the ARC from Dreamspinner Press in exchange of a fair and unbiased review.*
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Pretty cute. I liked that Wes and Kale kept meeting on the road. I loved Wes as a character. I wished the layout of the story hadn't been told in mostly flashbacks though because I detest those especially since the first flashback was so jarringly sudden but I still enjoyed the story overall. And the ending was definitely super sweet.
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kale is hard working and not really ready to embrace Christmas. Wes is all about the season. But this is a short but funny story of how misfortune can be turned around into the very best thing ever for these two hard working men.
Tori Thompson