Start by marking “Fallen Star (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7.6)” as Want to Read:
Fallen Star (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7.6)

Fallen Star

(Tales of Goldstone Wood #7.6)

She is a Knight of Farthestshore, a woman of courage ... and secrets. She has faced many perils in her time, but nothing has prepared her for the evil she is about to encounter in the treacherous Wood Between.
Published November 28th 2016 by Rooglewood Press (first published November 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Star

Start your review of Fallen Star (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7.6)
H.S.J. Williams
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Edit: Readers seem to be frustrated that little more is discovered about Beana in this story than is already known. I would like to point out that this tale was the result of a very generous contest in which Anne Elisabeth randomly drew a reader's pick for central character--so of course she would not spill the big secrets of later books for a short little story. I think it was rather big of her to even give Beana's real name.

What I LOVED: Old friends! We have more familiar faces than just Bean
Athelas Hale
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wee little Rose Red was so adorable, and I loved seeing her and her dad together, since we see them only together in brief scenes in the Tales.

As I was reading, I kept thinking that it read like a fan-fiction. I wonder if I was the only one who thought that?

I felt it was less of a story and more of a... look at the in-betweens of a story.

And, of course, Beana is basically the best at all times.
Shantelle
So good! It was delightful, as always, to slip back into this intriguing fantasy world for a little while! Fallen Star was a great short story, and makes me want to re-read the series! Lovely job, Anne Elisabeth. I hope someday we can read even more about "Beana"! ^_^
E.F.B.
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who have at least read Heartless, Veiled Rose, and Moonblood
Soooo, I thought I was only 64% of the way through this when the story ended. Turns out the Kindle app on my phone was counting the prologue and first chapter of Golden Daughter that was inserted at the end of this short story. Sneaksy, tricksy, Kindle. *Adds inability to tell me when the actual story ends to the list of reasons I'm being stubborn about getting a real Kindle* That was a bit of a surprise, but oh well. :)

I, of course, loved “Fallen Star”, the way I’ve loved all the Tales of Golds
Stephanie Ricker
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Okay, I may be a little biased because I'm on the cover. But I really did love this little tale, and especially given that new Tales from Goldstone Wood won't be forthcoming for a while, this is a great story to tide me over. This story elucidates some of the mysteries leftover from Veiled Rose. Definitely read Veiled Rose and Moonblood first before reading this, however, for maximum enjoyment. ...more
Bryn Shutt
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute tale

Well written (which is a great relief considering my sore disappointment with the writing quality/style and pacing of Stengl's last novel)

Clever enough ... left you curious to know more when Stengl deems the time to be right.

Worth the read ... though be warned, there are one or two "errors of reality" that can really throw a reader off, skip them and just enjoy.

Maggie
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The only problems were that it was too short and that we don't learn very much about Beana herself.
Jemma
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it. But I must admit I was a little disappointed, you don't really learn much about Beana. It was fun though, and little Rosie is adorable
Bess
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Again, much too short. But another thrilling tale through Goldstone! I love the prelude to Rosie's tale and how Bettina became Lilybean!! Such a nice heart-pounding read with adventure and depth even in its short form.
I cannot get enough of the Tales of Goldstone. Sadly, this is the last one published. I'll be on pins & needles praying and hoping beyond all hope that Anne Elisabeth will eventually get back to this phenomenal series and take me through more tales!
Emily
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Too short... But awesome! Who knew Beana's real name?
LaShunda
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I am so greatly disappointed that there will be no more tales in this series, and that this, the last, was so short. It was everything I have loved in the first books while fixing the minor issues I had with the later books. I will say that the title is misleading (one of the issues I had with Dragon Witch)
mrs. b
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anne Elisabeth Stengl pours her heart into the TALES OF GOLDSTONE WOOD. Truly they are some of the deepest, most encouraging, even healing, books that I have read. This book was a generous gift to her fans with the main character, Beana, chosen by the winner of the contest.

In FALLEN STAR I was absolutely delighted to learn more of Beana and Rosie and how they meet...dear, dear Rosie, who we, along with Beana, are blessed to meet as an absolutely adorable and very precocious toddler! What can be
Alice
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a fun 40 page short story. It might be confusing if you have not read any of the rest of the series though and would make most sense if you have read Veiled Rose and Moonblood (which I haven't).
It was a fun quick read though.
Josh Olds
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I first discovered Goldstone Wood in 2013 with Dragonwitch. I immediately went back to books 1-4 (Heartless, Veiled Rose, Moonblood, and Starflower) and followed the series in lock-step until Anne Elisabeth Stengl put aside that world (and took on the name Sylvia Mercedes) in 2017. What I did not realize was that there were also two novellas and a short story that Stengl released as well—shorter, less complex stories set in Goldstone that provided readers some story fodder between full length no ...more
Ricki
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
General Review of The Tales of Goldstone Wood
This is a wonderful book series. It's Christian fantasy allegory, so if you liked Narnia, you'll probably like this. However, two caveats:
-Most of the book covers aren't accurate to the content of the books. Just ignore them completely.
-The books are published out of chronological order, to the detriment of the reader's understanding and enjoyment. The author herself has stated that she believes Heartless is the best introduction to the series, but I
Yakira Goldsberry
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She's Done it Again!

Anne Elisabeth Stengl is a true very tale genius! Once more I was sucked into the Goldstone Wood and didn't want to leave it. This story is a perfect explanation for many questions asked, and a beautiful edition to the heart-touching series. The Tales of Goldstone Wood Series is one of my favorites! Its hard to choose which one is my favorite book!
Michael Otto
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prequel story

Having read the books of Tales of Goldstone Wood was interested in what this book held that would lead to the start of the series. In my opinion I was not disappointed because the events described filled you in what happened before to set up it's continuation and conclusion to happen in the series.
Lauren
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read! I think it's really cool that the author was willing to write a story based on the votes of the readers; that couldn't have been easy. I love her characters!
Ella J.
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this ' Tales of Goldstone Wood ' short story. I would recommend reading this before reading ' Veiled Rose,' as it would help with context.
Clare S-B
I have not read the other books this one goes with yet, so it was in intriguing beginning. Of course I really want to read Veiled Rose now! It was not quite what I was expecting, but it was still good, and left me with so many questions. But it certainly felt like a Goldstone Wood book, with the same style and magic, and I slipped easily back into that world through it.
Susana

• The Bridge of San Luis Rey
  • Empire Falls
  • The Keepers of the House
  • Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith
  • Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are, #0.5)
  • The Warrior Maiden (Hagenheim, #9)
  • You Are Never Alone: Trust in the Miracle of God's Presence and Power
  • The Love Scam
  • The Orphan Master's Son
  • Nine
  • Total Control
Anne Elisabeth Stengl makes her home in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she lives with her husband, Rohan, a passel of cats, and one long-suffering dog. When she's not writing, she enjoys Shakespeare, opera, and tea, and studies piano, painting, and pastry baking. She studied illustration at Grace College and English literature at Campbell University. She is the author of the TALES OF GOLDSTONE WOO ...more

Tales of Goldstone Wood (8 books)
  • Heartless (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #1)
  • Veiled Rose (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #2)
  • Moonblood (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #3)
  • Starflower (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #4)
  • Dragonwitch (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #5)
  • Shadow Hand (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #6)
  • Golden Daughter (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7)

News & Interviews