Start by marking “Hate Story” as Want to Read:
Hate Story

Hate Story

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  2,444 Ratings  ·  304 Reviews
Nina can’t let herself fall in love with the man she’s going to marry. Both of them have experienced the sting and sham of love and have no intentions of falling victim to it twice. Love is expensive—hate is free.

Three years. A million dollars. A solution to both of their problems. They planned it all, from the story of their first meeting to the date of their divorce. Not
Published December 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hate Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Story

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦So this was me upon receiving an email that our blog got approved for an ARC of this book:

WHO SIGNED UP FOR THIS ONE AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME???

➦It wasn't even on the list for December! And after everyone frantically checked their kindles and found nothing... I decided to check mine. Just in case.

➦Ok. It MIGHT have been me. #gettingold #memoryfail #needtostartwritingshitdown

Except I already do write shit down. #tryharder

➦Anywhoooo... So I went in blind and imagine my delight when I realize tha
Christy
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo C514983C-0B11-44FA-BCF5-0C85A18BAF06_zpseulwrqim.jpg
This wasn’t the story of how I grew to love him—it’s the account of how I came to hate him. That was where this story leads. The path I found myself on which wound down many trails until it came to an abrupt end. This is our hate story.

Nicole Williams is one of those authors that always seems to surprise me. I never know what to expect out of her books. The same author that brought me Jude, and one of my most emotionally epic reads Collared also just wrote this hilarious love/hate
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author)

A face meant to be worshiped, a body meant to sin, a smile birthed straight from the depths of hell. My future husband.

photo IMG_1840_zpscami2yor.jpg

You can gather from the title that this is not going to be a hearts and flowers romance story. This isn’t a conventional tale of two people who meet and fall in love and eventually end up marrying each other. No. The couple in this story enter into a contract that involves a marriage. Max Sturm is a German-born citizen who
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Do you love me?' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Ardent Prose PR in exchange for an honest review.
 photo Hate Story - Nicole Williams_zpsdoa6oyrj.png

It’s always the best feeling when you discover a new author and it clicks instantly with you. I’ve had the pleasure of discovering Nicole Williams this year. This is my third book by hers and I am 100% sure I will continue reading her works because I have fallen in love with her emotional love stories. And Hate Story is no exception!

Hate Story is a standalone novel and it tells the story of
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

”Will you be able to commit to this?”

description

This is an easy, cute, enjoyable, read that’s storyline is rather simple. The heroine, Nina Burton is in dire need of money to hold onto her deceased grandmother’s house. Sight unseen she has entered into a marriage contract with a German hottie named, Max Sturm. Max’s proposition is very simple a marriage for his green card in exchange Nina will become a millionaire.

”I’m already agreeing to marry a guy so he can get a green card.”

The portion of th
Chantal ❤️
4 WHERE DID THE ALPHA GO STARS

“Nina. Never her. One touch, and I’d want it all. Forever.”

SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD PLEASE PROCEED WITH CARE.
So the hero Max, has been hurt badly by love before and this poor soul has been sadly introduced to sex at too early an age for my liking. Personally, it was a question of statuary rape as he was 15 and it was with his nanny. GROSS!

description

He is looking to get a green card to stay in the US in his new home town of Portland, Oregon that he loves more than his own count
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I first saw the cover for this, I will admit that I lost ALL of my brain cells at that moment. Then I read the blurb and I knew I had to get this one ASAP because Nicole Williams wrote this shit people! So here I am drooling/ admiring this wonderful cover and then I started the first chapter. After that, I was a goner and I felt sorry for the family members that dared to interrupt me while I was reading this one.

Nina Burton hasn’t had it financially easy for the last few
Snow
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

4.25 "hate and love are two sides of the same coin" stars

Hate.
Love.
Are really just two faces of the same coin.

Max Sturm is a German businessman working and staying in the USA but he needs to make it permanent, as it already feels like home to him. Being burned before, he decides to offer one million dollars to Nina Burton, a USA, Portland resident, a girl with a huge bills problems and a huge chip on her shoulder (she was burned as well, only by lack of love in her life), to marry him.
She was
Olga therebelreader
#hatetolove #sweet #sassyheroine

The blurb really caught my attention. I love the marriage of convenience trope.

In Hate Story, Max needs to marry to remain in the country so he offers Nina 3 million dollars for 3 years of marriage.

These two have some pretty steamy chemistry and they both try to ignore it at first. They want to keep the arrangement all business. The way these two got together was ironic because they did it for different reasons yet they still got together in the end.

This book is
Bindi Boo
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-must-read

LOVED this one! Two commitment phobics make an arrangement to marry for personal reasons and unexpectedly fall in love. I especially ADORED the hero! He made this story so much more enjoyable. He took the first step and was so understanding towards the heroine. Wished she made up her mind sooner but i sort of unserstood her hesitance.
Definitely recommended. Off to check out this authors other books
Dilek VT
A German guy living in America needs to get a green card to be able to stay there for as long as he wants and he finds a candidate who will not fall in love with him and create complications. Our girl needs money urgently or she will lose the only home she knows, which is left by her grandmother.

Long story short, they will stay married for 3 years, he will get his green card, and she will keep the house with one million dollars that he is willing to pay.

These two characters have commitment issu
Michelle
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, december-2016
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 3cc7c8d60290f6de5d35e2371ed951_zpsfrulpdri.gif

A sweet, funny, sexy, and laugh out loud romantic comedy. Nicole Williams doesn’t need to twist anyone’s arm to read her books because stories speak for itself. Hate Story was an enjoyable read that had all the right elements from humor, banter, steam, and romance. So if you are looking for a read that was a riot of entertainment and screams fun then this book is definitely for you.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg

photo goodreads_zps4ne1ish9.png  photo facebook_zpsbtsrwwc6.png  photo twitter_zpspaaihikb.png  photo instagram_zpsbght1shy.png  photo networked-blogs_zpse4jmfh6l.png
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4 stars

As soon as I read the blurb, I WAS HOOKED!!

A marriage of convenience is just too intriguing to pass on.

Between hate and love there is really just a very thin line. And Nina and Max were to find that out the hard way.

Max needed a green card and Nina money to keep her grandmother's home. Both knew what they wanted to get out of this arrangement. They also knew what they did not want to happen. Neither wanted to fall in love with the other. No complications, no entanglements. It was suppose
Jess
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read anything by Nicole Williams before. But I have some book friends who adore her so I thought I’d give this a go! HATE STORY was really a page turner for me. Had it not been for the regular duties of life, I would have devoured this, cover to cover in no time.

Nina and Max are not your traditional couple in any sense of the word. They are from different worlds, worlds in which they may have never crossed paths if it weren’t for a matter of convenience. Paying someone a million doll
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
*3.5 Hate stars*
description
Who else signed up for this book only looking at the title?!

I love everything about enemies to lover’s trope and the title sold it good. Nicole Williams indeed delivered a sweet and sassy entertaining romance, with its witty dialogues, laugh out loud moments, steamy scenes and a sex on a stick-brooding alpha male, Hate Story is a perfect book to kick back and relax this holiday season.
Nina and Max enter into a marriage of convenience. Max wants a green card to be a lega
Lea ★

I love, love, love Nicole Williams's books!
Never read one I didn't like, so thank you Nicole for this opportunity to read Hate Story in advance.
I think I discovered her books a few years back, and I've been a fan ever since.

I will not reveal too much, because I think you should just dive in blind.
There's a green card situation going on, and a hero is a very charming german guy.

Grab this one ASAP!
A_Ryan
3 Marriage of Convenience Stars

"She needed to hate me for this marriage to work."

What's it about? German investor pays girl-next-door-type dog walker one million dollars to marry him so that he can get a green card.

The best bits: An awesome start. The first 25% was thoroughly enjoyable and filled with flirty fun and sexual tension.

The worst bits: I think it was important for the characters to agree on the importance of maintaining an emotional distance. It was fine that they went on
Elizarey
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

This was such a pleasure to read! I'm so happy I got to read this book early!!! Hate Story was so very well written and and the flow of the book was great amazing.

I loved Nina so much, I wish we could be friends, her personality was so interesting and fun! She was feisty but so sweet and caring at the same time!

Maximilian was a total sweetheart. One of the most caring hero's I've read! Even though he tried so hard not to fall for Nina he couldn't help it!!

His jealousy was actually
Nomims
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 77%

I'm a big fan of hate to love story ... but that one was NOT good.
I had some doubts before starting it but I wanted to try it anyway ... I should've listened to my gut instinct ^^
Nina was a bitch running hot and cold without any sense.
Max fell in love in 5 seconds and wasn't convincing just boring.
I'm not even going to point all the bad parts because I'm lazy like that, but it's safe to say that i was thorougly disapointed.
AJ
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
“Hate never felt so good.”

Max Sturm is a German businessman who is desperate to stay in the United States. Desperate enough that he is planning a marriage of convenience just so that he can get his green card.

Nina Burton has a mountain of debt. Desperate to hold on to her recently deceased grandmother’s house, she’s willing to do anything to pay the bills. Including marrying a complete stranger.

Max has been burned by love before, Nina has lost everybody she has ever cared for. Neither o
Camille Adams
DNF at 50%

All tell, all internal navel-gazing, all reflection, all overdone exposition.

No show, no plot, no actions, no originality, no development, no characterisations, no subtlety, no reason to continue.
Chesca
Jan 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Just letting you guys know that this is currently on sale for $0.99 as I am posting this. 😏 And I just saw that it has a new cover which gives the book a very different feel to it. 😍
Amazon U.S. link

Liz
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Felt up and down with this book. Wasn't bad, at times it droned on and others it worked for me. MCs melded well together but the indecisiviness on Ninas part drove me bonkers.
Three Chicks
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Loved It Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

I love a romance where two strangers are forced into a relationship out of necessity. In Hate Story, Nina Butler agrees to marry Max Sturm, a man she has never met, for one million dollars. Unlike in the movie, Indecent Proposal, she doesn't have to sleep with him. But she has to stay married for three years until they can pass off their marriage as a real one and Max can get his American citizenship.

Nina is tough, she was raised by her grandmother and has
Rebecca
I've always enjoyed reading Nicole Williams, but 2016 was such a breakout year for her. She began with a powerhouse in The Fable of Us, then delivered one of my top reads of 2016 with Collared, wrote two other solid books, and ended with an emotional but heartwarming tale in Hate Story. This book has all the feels, and I wasn't prepared for how captivating and emotional the story was, as it unfolded. If you are looking for the perfect romance to end 2016, I highly recommend this one.

I've seen th
Mila Rossi
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and I really liked her writing style. There were some witty remarks by the hero/heroine in the beginning that were awesome, and I also liked the idea of the guy offering the girl money in exchange for a green card, which kind of reminded me of the movie Greencard from back in the day. The reason I didn't give it five stars was because it lost a bit of momentum halfway through, there were some typos, the heroine who is sexually inexperienced talked pretty dir ...more
Krishaines
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the concept, and story. My few issues were:

I felt like I was being told their emotions rather than experience them. It skipped from week one of moving in together to month 2. I wanted to experience that time. Even if nothing big happened, even if no drama happened. It's those moments that make a story and build the characters connection.

The h took way too long to get her shit together, and when she does it's just like boom all is better and forgiven? I'm sorry way too easy for me.

What I
Bia Travesso
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-provided
***** 3 STARS *****

This is a tricky review. I’ve been waiting for this book for a while. The cover and the synopsis just got me really excited to read it. But now that I’ve finished it, it’s hard to explain what I’m feeling.

First, we meet Nina. Simple girl that has a big financial problem. She walks dogs and works at a cafe for a living, but it’s not helping, so she might lose her house. That’s when her best friend introduces her to a place where you can marry for money. Yep, that’s it. So now s
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams
Instagram: author_nicole_williams
Twitter: nwilliamsbooks

More about Nicole Williams

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I kind of hate you, you know that?”
His eyes challenged that. “I’m asking you to marry me, not like me. Hate me all you want.”
4 likes
“Nina was my sanctuary as much as she was my war zone. Peace and solace one moment, explosions and massacre the next.” 4 likes