Start by marking “Hate Story” as Want to Read:
Hate Story

Hate Story

Nina can’t let herself fall in love with the man she’s going to marry. Both of them have experienced the sting and sham of love and have no intentions of falling victim to it twice. Love is expensive—hate is free.

Three years. A million dollars. A solution to both of their problems. They planned it all, from the story of their first meeting to the date of their divorce.
Published December 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hate Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Story

Start your review of Hate Story
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

So this was me upon receiving an email that our blog got approved for an ARC of this book:

WHO SIGNED UP FOR THIS ONE AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME???

It wasn't even on the list for December! And after everyone frantically checked their kindles and found nothing... I decided to check mine. Just in case.

Ok. It MIGHT have been me. #gettingold #memoryfail #needtostartwritingshitdown

Except I already do write shit down. #tryharder

Anywhoooo... So I went in blind and imagine my delight when I realize that
Christy
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo C514983C-0B11-44FA-BCF5-0C85A18BAF06_zpseulwrqim.jpg
This wasn’t the story of how I grew to love him—it’s the account of how I came to hate him. That was where this story leads. The path I found myself on which wound down many trails until it came to an abrupt end. This is our hate story.

Nicole Williams is one of those authors that always seems to surprise me. I never know what to expect out of her books. The same author that brought me Jude, and one of my most emotionally epic reads Collared also just wrote this hilarious love/hate
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author)

A face meant to be worshiped, a body meant to sin, a smile birthed straight from the depths of hell. My future husband.

photo IMG_1840_zpscami2yor.jpg

You can gather from the title that this is not going to be a hearts and flowers romance story. This isn’t a conventional tale of two people who meet and fall in love and eventually end up marrying each other. No. The couple in this story enter into a contract that involves a marriage. Max Sturm is a German-born citizen who
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Do you love me?' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Ardent Prose PR in exchange for an honest review.
 photo Hate Story - Nicole Williams_zpsdoa6oyrj.png

It’s always the best feeling when you discover a new author and it clicks instantly with you. I’ve had the pleasure of discovering Nicole Williams this year. This is my third book by hers and I am 100% sure I will continue reading her works because I have fallen in love with her emotional love stories. And Hate Story is no exception!

Hate Story is a standalone novel and it tells the story
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

”Will you be able to commit to this?”

[image error]

This is an easy, cute, enjoyable, read that’s storyline is rather simple. The heroine, Nina Burton is in dire need of money to hold onto her deceased grandmother’s house. Sight unseen she has entered into a marriage contract with a German hottie named, Max Sturm. Max’s proposition is very simple a marriage for his green card in exchange Nina will become a millionaire.

”I’m already agreeing to marry a guy so he can get a green card.”

The
Chantal ❤️
4 WHERE DID THE ALPHA GO STARS

“Nina. Never her. One touch, and I’d want it all. Forever.”

SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD PLEASE PROCEED WITH CARE.
So the hero Max, has been hurt badly by love before and this poor soul has been sadly introduced to sex at too early an age for my liking. Personally, it was a question of statuary rape as he was 15 and it was with his nanny. GROSS!

description

He is looking to get a green card to stay in the US in his new home town of Portland, Oregon that he loves more than his own
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
4 Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I first saw the cover for this, I will admit that I lost ALL of my brain cells at that moment. Then I read the blurb and I knew I had to get this one ASAP because Nicole Williams wrote this shit people! So here I am drooling/ admiring this wonderful cover and then I started the first chapter. After that, I was a goner and I felt sorry for the family members that dared to interrupt me while I was reading this one.

Nina Burton hasn’t had it financially easy for the last few years.
Snow
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

4.25 "hate and love are two sides of the same coin" stars

Hate.
Love.
Are really just two faces of the same coin.

Max Sturm is a German businessman working and staying in the USA but he needs to make it permanent, as it already feels like home to him. Being burned before, he decides to offer one million dollars to Nina Burton, a USA, Portland resident, a girl with a huge bills problems and a huge chip on her shoulder (she was burned as well, only by lack of love in her life), to marry him.
She was
Olga therebelreader
#hatetolove #sweet #sassyheroine

The blurb really caught my attention. I love the marriage of convenience trope.

In Hate Story, Max needs to marry to remain in the country so he offers Nina 3 million dollars for 3 years of marriage.

These two have some pretty steamy chemistry and they both try to ignore it at first. They want to keep the arrangement all business. The way these two got together was ironic because they did it for different reasons yet they still got together in the end.

This book is
Bindi Boo
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-must-read

LOVED this one! Two commitment phobics make an arrangement to marry for personal reasons and unexpectedly fall in love. I especially ADORED the hero! He made this story so much more enjoyable. He took the first step and was so understanding towards the heroine. Wished she made up her mind sooner but i sort of unserstood her hesitance.
Definitely recommended. Off to check out this authors other books
Dilek VT
A German guy living in America needs to get a green card to be able to stay there for as long as he wants and he finds a candidate who will not fall in love with him and create complications. Our girl needs money urgently or she will lose the only home she knows, which is left by her grandmother.

Long story short, they will stay married for 3 years, he will get his green card, and she will keep the house with one million dollars that he is willing to pay.

These two characters have commitment
Michelle
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, december-2016
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 3cc7c8d60290f6de5d35e2371ed951_zpsfrulpdri.gif

A sweet, funny, sexy, and laugh out loud romantic comedy. Nicole Williams doesn’t need to twist anyone’s arm to read her books because stories speak for itself. Hate Story was an enjoyable read that had all the right elements from humor, banter, steam, and romance. So if you are looking for a read that was a riot of entertainment and screams fun then this book is definitely for you.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg

photo goodreads_zps4ne1ish9.png  photo facebook_zpsbtsrwwc6.png  photo twitter_zpspaaihikb.png  photo instagram_zpsbght1shy.png  photo networked-blogs_zpse4jmfh6l.png
MoodyJess
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read anything by Nicole Williams before. But I have some book friends who adore her so I thought I’d give this a go! HATE STORY was really a page turner for me. Had it not been for the regular duties of life, I would have devoured this, cover to cover in no time.

Nina and Max are not your traditional couple in any sense of the word. They are from different worlds, worlds in which they may have never crossed paths if it weren’t for a matter of convenience. Paying someone a million
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
*3.5 Hate stars*
description
Who else signed up for this book only looking at the title?!

I love everything about enemies to lover’s trope and the title sold it good. Nicole Williams indeed delivered a sweet and sassy entertaining romance, with its witty dialogues, laugh out loud moments, steamy scenes and a sex on a stick-brooding alpha male, Hate Story is a perfect book to kick back and relax this holiday season.
Nina and Max enter into a marriage of convenience. Max wants a green card to be a
Lea ★

I love, love, love Nicole Williams's books!
Never read one I didn't like, so thank you Nicole for this opportunity to read Hate Story in advance.
I think I discovered her books a few years back, and I've been a fan ever since.

I will not reveal too much, because I think you should just dive in blind.
There's a green card situation going on, and a hero is a very charming german guy.

Grab this one ASAP!
Nomims
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 77%

I'm a big fan of hate to love story ... but that one was NOT good.
I had some doubts before starting it but I wanted to try it anyway ... I should've listened to my gut instinct ^^
Nina was a bitch running hot and cold without any sense.
Max fell in love in 5 seconds and wasn't convincing just boring.
I'm not even going to point all the bad parts because I'm lazy like that, but it's safe to say that i was thorougly disapointed.
Elizarey
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

This was such a pleasure to read! I'm so happy I got to read this book early!!! Hate Story was so very well written and and the flow of the book was great amazing.

I loved Nina so much, I wish we could be friends, her personality was so interesting and fun! She was feisty but so sweet and caring at the same time!

Maximilian was a total sweetheart. One of the most caring hero's I've read! Even though he tried so hard not to fall for Nina he couldn't help it!!

His jealousy was actually
A_Ryan
3 Marriage of Convenience Stars

"She needed to hate me for this marriage to work."

What's it about? German investor pays girl-next-door-type dog walker one million dollars to marry him so that he can get a green card.

The best bits: An awesome start. The first 25% was thoroughly enjoyable and filled with flirty fun and sexual tension.

The worst bits: I think it was important for the characters to agree on the importance of maintaining an emotional distance. It was fine that they went on
AJ
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
“Hate never felt so good.”

Max Sturm is a German businessman who is desperate to stay in the United States. Desperate enough that he is planning a marriage of convenience just so that he can get his green card.

Nina Burton has a mountain of debt. Desperate to hold on to her recently deceased grandmother’s house, she’s willing to do anything to pay the bills. Including marrying a complete stranger.

Max has been burned by love before, Nina has lost everybody she has ever cared for. Neither
Camille Adams
DNF at 50%

All tell, all internal navel-gazing, all reflection, all overdone exposition.

No show, no plot, no actions, no originality, no development, no characterisations, no subtlety, no reason to continue.
Chesca
Jan 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Just letting you guys know that this is currently on sale for $0.99 as I am posting this. And I just saw that it has a new cover which gives the book a very different feel to it.
Amazon U.S. link

Sanzida Islam
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Rebecca
I've always enjoyed reading Nicole Williams, but 2016 was such a breakout year for her. She began with a powerhouse in The Fable of Us, then delivered one of my top reads of 2016 with Collared, wrote two other solid books, and ended with an emotional but heartwarming tale in Hate Story. This book has all the feels, and I wasn't prepared for how captivating and emotional the story was, as it unfolded. If you are looking for the perfect romance to end 2016, I highly recommend this one.

I've seen
Three Chicks
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Loved It Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

I love a romance where two strangers are forced into a relationship out of necessity. In Hate Story, Nina Butler agrees to marry Max Sturm, a man she has never met, for one million dollars. Unlike in the movie, Indecent Proposal, she doesn't have to sleep with him. But she has to stay married for three years until they can pass off their marriage as a real one and Max can get his American citizenship.

Nina is tough, she was raised by her grandmother and has
Mila Rossi
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and I really liked her writing style. There were some witty remarks by the hero/heroine in the beginning that were awesome, and I also liked the idea of the guy offering the girl money in exchange for a green card, which kind of reminded me of the movie Greencard from back in the day. The reason I didn't give it five stars was because it lost a bit of momentum halfway through, there were some typos, the heroine who is sexually inexperienced talked pretty ...more
Krishaines
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the concept, and story. My few issues were:

I felt like I was being told their emotions rather than experience them. It skipped from week one of moving in together to month 2. I wanted to experience that time. Even if nothing big happened, even if no drama happened. It's those moments that make a story and build the characters connection.

The h took way too long to get her shit together, and when she does it's just like boom all is better and forgiven? I'm sorry way too easy for me.

What I
Bia Travesso
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-provided
***** 3 STARS *****

This is a tricky review. I’ve been waiting for this book for a while. The cover and the synopsis just got me really excited to read it. But now that I’ve finished it, it’s hard to explain what I’m feeling.

First, we meet Nina. Simple girl that has a big financial problem. She walks dogs and works at a cafe for a living, but it’s not helping, so she might lose her house. That’s when her best friend introduces her to a place where you can marry for money. Yep, that’s it. So now
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided for An Honest Review***

I liked this book. And, at first I wasn't sure about the premise...it sounds different than anything I have read and I was not entirely sure there was going to be a happy ending, which was interesting. And this appealed to me.

Once I got to know the characters, Max and Nina, I really understood where they were coming from. And it started to make sense that they would react as they did, with the intent they had in their relationship.

A marriage of convenience
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3 stars)

Nina needs money to save her house, so she does what most people wouldn't. Answers an ad. Max needs a green card to stay in the US, so he puts out an ad. Both have been hurt before, Nina doesn't want a relationship and Max doesn't want to put himself out there. If his wife hates him, that makes this just that much better. But what happened when both parties start to have feelings? Will this deal still go through or is it a bust?

So the plot was what drew me in, the
Jenny
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maybe
This wasn't the usual "Marry for money" love story. It was a little predictable in that we know they will eventually fall in love ... but the way they got there was a little different.

Nina doesn't want love because since she was a child, everyone has left her. Including the Grandmother that passed and left her with a house she can't afford.

Max needs a green card to stay in Portland.

I was a little confused how they actually connected ... "online" and emails ... but how was this site or
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Coldhearted Boss
  • Not So Nice Guy
  • The Prenup
  • Never Got Over You
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Marriage for One
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • The Best Thing
  • Arrogant Devil
  • I Hate You
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams
Instagram: author_nicole_williams
Twitter: nwilliamsbooks

“I kind of hate you, you know that?”
His eyes challenged that. “I’m asking you to marry me, not like me. Hate me all you want.”
4 likes
“Nina was my sanctuary as much as she was my war zone. Peace and solace one moment, explosions and massacre the next.” 4 likes